1617 Baltimore Pike
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brandywineprime.com/
- Phone: 6103888088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00 at our newly opened Bistro next door; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Butler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Brandywine Prime offers full service off site catering from 20 to 200 including weddings, casual gatherings at your house & outdoor parties. Please contact Michael for sample menus & pricing.
- Cross Street: Creek Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking in our private lot. Coming North on Route 1, turn left at the light at the intersection of Routes 1 & 100 then make a right into our lot about 100 feet from the corner. Coming South on Route 100, make a left about 100 feet before the intersection of Route 1. Coming South Route 1, make a quick right just after the restaurant into our lot.
A word from Brandywine Prime
Located in the heart of the Brandywine Valley, this modern American steakhouse is a short drive from Philadelphia, the Main Line or Wilmington. The complete redo of the 300 year old Chadds Ford Inn has created an excellent canvas with which to paint. The cuisine is strictly twenty-first century with an emphasis not only top quality cuts of beef, like the 10 oz. barrel cut ribeye, but fresh seasonal seafood, like soft-shell crabs and wild salmon. The comfortable bar beckons you in with a Best of Philly burger, ahi tuna club and a local draft beer. Creative sandwiches, great happy hour specials and great steaks ensure we have something for everyone. Modern finishes to an historic building create an inviting, hip atmosphere that welcomes all-from tourists to business travelers to local families to private events in one of our many rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Brandywine Prime - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
Brandywine Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
141 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (48)notable wine list (47)vibrant bar scene (45)romantic (44)great for brunch (26)hot spot (18)kid-friendly (13)great for lunch (11)late-night find (10)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I came for our 12th anniversary, and we loved it. We were just about to leave and our waiter surprised us with dessert on the house. We will be back and will recommend Brandywine to everyone we know. Thank you for making our special night, very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvagreatmealluvagreatmealDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I both had the filet and it was tender and cooked exactly as promised. The appetizer (mushroom tart) and side (twice baked potato) we had aren't cheap but are plenty big enough for two to share if you're not huge eaters. Brandywine Prime is expensive but worth the price.Special Features:
- Another HomerunJenTVIPDined on 10/13/2014Excellent service, delicious food and great ambiance. Amazing experience all around. Most consistent restaurant in the Chadds Ford area by far. Love the partnership with Hotties~4~Humanity and Brandywine Primes commitment to giving back to charity and the local community as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitdineoutDined on 10/13/2014We went as a special birthday occasion on a Monday evening which was nice and quiet. Service was excellent not because we had no issues because we did but they couldn't have been handled in a quicker and nicer manner. I was a little disappointed in our steaks. I ordered the barrel cut rib eye medium and my friend ordered the filet medium rare. We switched because my steak was more rare than I liked and his filet was medium. I can't say that either steak was delicious....they were just okay and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in appearance or taste from one to the other. I personally expect rib eye to be tastier.Special Features:
- Brunch is goodbrandywineDined on 10/12/2014A great buffet of many delicious items plus an entree make this a good value for Sunday BrunchSpecial Features:
- Awesome except for parkingFoodNationDined on 10/11/2014This is place is great. The food and service were impeccable. We had the oysters, beef carpaccio, the dry aged strip, and filet. Oysters were some of the freshest I've had, and the steaks were cooked spot on. For dessert, we shared a pumpkin bread pudding, which was also very good. Would definitely go back. The only thing they need is a bigger parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak but took a while to getTexasDined on 10/11/2014We sat down at 6:34 with 6:30 reservations with party of 5 and left around 8:30. Took forever to get the food and just as long for the check to finally arrive to the table. The steak was great but not as tender as I like it. Price is avg $30 an entree. For three of us with a bottle of house wine and 1 order from the kids menu it was $135Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealJsReviewsDined on 10/9/2014Our food was very good, the atmosphere lovely. We were passing through the area, found the restaurant on Open Table. Unfortunately, the menu listed was not current and the prices also understated.Special Features:
- Steak out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The martini's and steak choices were awesome- shellfish was off the hook also. We will return! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch: Great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Heard many good things, and so even with a "high bar", the brunch exceeded my expectations. It offers the best of a buffet, and an order-from-menu experience. You order one main item from the menu, but then are free to "plate up" at an ample buffet selection. Salads, soup, shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon, cured meats, cheese selection - there's something for everyone's tastes. The dessert selection should not be overlooked.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchgr8f00dVIPDined on 10/5/2014Best brunch in Delaware county. I have never been dissatisfied with the selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not just steakunclefrankVIPDined on 10/4/2014The steaks are wonderful but there are lot of other excellent choices on the menu. The mushroom tart is a must.Special Features:
- sharkDined on 9/28/2014Beautiful location / site / interior. Food was 10 / 10. Waiter great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed this visit for Brunch!DottieK123Dined on 9/28/2014Everything was delish, my Eggs Benedict cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Great Food and Great ServiceGoingBackforMoreDined on 9/27/2014This is a restaurant that really values your opinion and wants you to have an enjoyable dining experience. We have been there a few times, but our last visit there was less than optimal (we had a very confused, albeit young, server who confused our orders). After my husband noted a less than favorable review, the restaurant contacted him to make it right. And boy did they ever. Fantastic food and staff make this a place to return to again and again. Thank you Brandywine Prime!Special Features:
- Chadds Ford GemAinslieGirlDined on 9/27/2014Brandywine Prime is one of our local "go to" places. It's always a great experience. The specials are innovative and delicious. The steaks, the seafood always top notch. Locally sourced farm to table items fill the menu. Everything about the place is lovely, from the historic & trendy decor to Michael the owner and his knowledgeable and friendly waitstaff.Special Features:
- Another fantastic mealLauraVIPDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I have dined at Brandywine Prime before, and have never been disappointed. The meat is always delicious and the oysters were fresh and tasty. The bread is hot and wonderful. Seasonal offerings in the salad were great; I had a salad with watermelon, arugula, goat cheese and candied walnuts that was refreshing and delightful. Dessert was equally wonderful; a strawberry parfait that was just right in size and hit the spot, as well as a generous caramel chocolate tart paired with banana ice cream. I'm not a banana fan, but this was good. The menu varies just often enough so that you have new seasonal dishes to try, but keeps old favorites.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/21/2014We had excellent service and food. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Prime?SharonluchDined on 9/20/2014This restaurant sounds like they want to be upscale and their prices surely reflect that. However, waiters in work boots and jeans do not fit with an upscale atmosphere in my opinion. Order wine? Be prepared to pour your own. Almost works...
- Avacado Tartare?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014A mid-week visit found a good crowd at the bar and half the tables filled with diners. Steaks were judged very good, tender and good beef flavor and cooked exactly as ordered. The chopped salad is generous and uninspired, but fresh. The salmon tartare was mostly (90%) avacado with tiny strips of salmon laid carefully on top. Not what was expected for $15.00. The decor is dark and a bit tired.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/14/2014A most enjoyable and tasty mealtime celebrate several family birthdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deja vuSammieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again another pleasant, tasty, quality meal. One of our many visits to this charming bistro. Easy parking and a nice greeting smile with immediate seating. Beautifully designed eatery with reat great service and superior food. AND no traffic. What more can you ask for!Special Features:
- Nice ambienceDeavDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter, Mark D., was outstanding. He was very accomodating to all of our needs, assisting with and answering all of our questions regarding food and wine. The food was excellent, highly recommend the mushroom tart appetizer. We definitely are looking forward to our next visit and the opportunity to try some of the other enticing goodies on the menu. The decor is a nice blend of old and new. Rather pricey, but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth checking outkatsonsDined on 9/12/2014I was flabergasted when we showed up early for our reserved time to see that there were plenty of "open" tables throughout the establishment that we were not able to be seated early. Then to see that when our reserved time was up, we were not encountered to be seated as I watched other couples being seated throughout the night. Where we were seated was in a room with a noisy big party, that it was very difficult for the server to hear us and we to hear each other. We had to ask to see the "special"menu of the week, instead of it be given to us- went on Restaurant Week. Then I ask for my steak to be medium and it was fully cooked, as my spouse steak was cooked medium. Very disappointing even at a such a high cost restaurant to begin.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014My first time at BP. The food was good, the portions were good size. We sat upstairs, and when I go back I'll request sitting upstairs again. The downstairs, is Very Busy and Loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What can I say? It was the best!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The ambience is excellent. The portions are huge. I highly recommend this little out of the way gem tucked against its rustic backdrop. I felt that this is a great brunch or special occasion dining experience. I will definitely be back, and I owe it all to Delaware Dines Out. These types of promotions really get you excited about trying new food that I you wouldn't have otherwise. It is worth the drive, which is also great if you come the back way.Special Features:
- Great food & serviceEclairedDined on 9/9/2014Went here for Brandywine Valley Restaurant Week with my girlfriends. Wonderful experience! The parking lot is smaller so some of us had to park across the highway - not so great. Apparently, there was a nurses' party upstairs. You may want to arrive earlier to ensure you can park & make the reservation in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/9/2014The waiter was not very attentive. Our water glasses were almost empty the entire time, causing us to not drink anymore until we got a refill which never came. Our entire meal took one hour and 45 minutes. It could have been completed in an hour if the waiter had attended to us more promptly. 45 minutes of totally just waiting, is not good. Smokers outside the entrance is a real turn off. The food was good.Special Features:
- Top Notch Experience Everytime!JenTVIPDined on 9/7/2014We returned to Brandywine Prime for dinner this past Sunday for the Surf, Surf, Surf and Turf Special and absolutely loved everything. The food is always beautifully prepared and presented and tastes even better. The chef is the most consistent in the area and I love the innovative menu and specials that are always changing. The wine list is also top notch and is extensive and varied to satisfy everyone. In the past I used to only come in for special occasions but since Brandywine Prime has been working with Hotties 4 Humanity I am in at least 3 times a month. I highly recommend them!Special Features:
- Consistently DeliversAlexDined on 9/6/2014With many staples on the menu, in addition to ever-changing seasonal dishes, the food never disappoints. Service is always attentive and friendly, great for a quick happy hour drink and snack, or a dinner event. This is a great restaurant, a very reliable choice for brunch or dinner, no matter what the occasion or what you are craving.Special Features:
- Superb Food and Friendly Service1EnglishBulldogDined on 9/6/2014The manager and staff were very courteous and attentive. The vegetables and sides were cooked to perfection, and the House wine (Pino Grigio) was very good too. A good beer selection available also. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Two big thumbs up!pickydinerDined on 9/6/2014We chose this spot for our anniversary and it turned out to be awesome. They have a great bar menu with really interesting cocktails and one of the best beer selections I have seen in a local restaurant. It is not a long list, but a carefully chosen one by someone who knows what they are doing. We also love raw oysters and specifically come here because we know we will get some delicious oysters and last night was no exception (love the months that end in "r")! The salads were creative and fresh. The meals were perfectly prepared and delicious. The staff is attentive, but does not hover or intrude. The owner stopped by, which is always a nice touch. I should also mention their wine policy is the best, allowing you to BYOB for a corkage fee.Special Features:
- Brandywine Primessunshine1021Dined on 9/6/2014This is the second visit to Brandywine Prime and this time went for a birthday. There is a nice atmosphere that emphasizes the historic architecture and local setting, but is still cozy with some modern traditional touches. The food was good and service was spectacular. The price is a little more than the value, but overall Brandywine Prime is a gem, especially if you are looking for a one-of-a-kind place. Also, they brought out dessert on a plate that said happy birthday without me even asking (just mentioning the occasion)! I would recommend it especially for a date night or just having drinks at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRSeinDined on 8/29/2014Best restaurant in the area, nothing comes close. Go and enjoy yourself.Special Features:
- hidden gem in chadds fordAJjpDined on 8/26/2014we found this place and have been there twice. both times our meals were perfect and service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Beef.LocaldinerDined on 8/24/2014Best Beef. Excellent small fillet, just the right size and cooked perfectly. If you like it raw try the carpaccio! The garnish of sliced radish was unusual and gave it a crunchy, peppery accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service!MaabDined on 8/24/2014took my mom here for her birthday dinner. we've been before with parties and knew that they had great food - steaks are perfection here - but what i had never noticed at the parties was that the service is phenomenal! our server was Anthony and he took GREAT care of us. and when i quietly asked him if they could supply a candle for mom's dessert, they took it a step better - written beautifully in chocolate on her plate was "Happy Birthday" as well as the candle. it was a wonderful, quiet birthday.Special Features:
- Just right.LizzieDined on 8/24/2014It was just right. Not an overwhelming buffet, and I really liked that you ordered your main entree fresh. I will be back.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, casual diningGoodFoodDined on 8/23/2014Very good food in a casual dining setting. Steaks as always are great, but their fish dishes aren't far behind. Relative to the area a bit on the higher price. Waiter was attentive and entertaining.Special Features:
- good foodBruceVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food is very good. The atmosphere upstairs is not. We sat up there because of a large, loud party downstairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.