1617 Baltimore Pike
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brandywineprime.com/
- Phone: 6103888088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00 at our newly opened Bistro next door; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Butler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Brandywine Prime offers full service off site catering from 20 to 200 including weddings, casual gatherings at your house & outdoor parties. Please contact Michael for sample menus & pricing.
- Cross Street: Creek Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking in our private lot. Coming North on Route 1, turn left at the light at the intersection of Routes 1 & 100 then make a right into our lot about 100 feet from the corner. Coming South on Route 100, make a left about 100 feet before the intersection of Route 1. Coming South Route 1, make a quick right just after the restaurant into our lot.
A word from Brandywine Prime
Located in the heart of the Brandywine Valley, this modern American steakhouse is a short drive from Philadelphia, the Main Line or Wilmington. The complete redo of the 300 year old Chadds Ford Inn has created an excellent canvas with which to paint. The cuisine is strictly twenty-first century with an emphasis not only top quality cuts of beef, like the 10 oz. barrel cut ribeye, but fresh seasonal seafood, like soft-shell crabs and wild salmon. The comfortable bar beckons you in with a Best of Philly burger, ahi tuna club and a local draft beer. Creative sandwiches, great happy hour specials and great steaks ensure we have something for everyone. Modern finishes to an historic building create an inviting, hip atmosphere that welcomes all-from tourists to business travelers to local families to private events in one of our many rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Brandywine Prime - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
Brandywine Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (89)fit for foodies (70)neighborhood gem (63)romantic (50)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (45)notable wine list (44)great for brunch (34)kid-friendly (16)hot spot (14)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (11)late-night find (9)scenic view (8)Show More
- Avacado Tartare?OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/18/2014A mid-week visit found a good crowd at the bar and half the tables filled with diners. Steaks were judged very good, tender and good beef flavor and cooked exactly as ordered. The chopped salad is generous and uninspired, but fresh. The salmon tartare was mostly (90%) avacado with tiny strips of salmon laid carefully on top. Not what was expected for $15.00. The decor is dark and a bit tired.
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/14/2014A most enjoyable and tasty mealtime celebrate several family birthdaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deja vuSammieVIPDined on 9/13/2014Once again another pleasant, tasty, quality meal. One of our many visits to this charming bistro. Easy parking and a nice greeting smile with immediate seating. Beautifully designed eatery with reat great service and superior food. AND no traffic. What more can you ask for!Special Features:
- Nice ambienceDeavDined on 9/13/2014Our waiter, Mark D., was outstanding. He was very accomodating to all of our needs, assisting with and answering all of our questions regarding food and wine. The food was excellent, highly recommend the mushroom tart appetizer. We definitely are looking forward to our next visit and the opportunity to try some of the other enticing goodies on the menu. The decor is a nice blend of old and new. Rather pricey, but very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth checking outkatsonsDined on 9/12/2014I was flabergasted when we showed up early for our reserved time to see that there were plenty of "open" tables throughout the establishment that we were not able to be seated early. Then to see that when our reserved time was up, we were not encountered to be seated as I watched other couples being seated throughout the night. Where we were seated was in a room with a noisy big party, that it was very difficult for the server to hear us and we to hear each other. We had to ask to see the "special"menu of the week, instead of it be given to us- went on Restaurant Week. Then I ask for my steak to be medium and it was fully cooked, as my spouse steak was cooked medium. Very disappointing even at a such a high cost restaurant to begin.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014My first time at BP. The food was good, the portions were good size. We sat upstairs, and when I go back I'll request sitting upstairs again. The downstairs, is Very Busy and Loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceEclairedDined on 9/9/2014Went here for Brandywine Valley Restaurant Week with my girlfriends. Wonderful experience! The parking lot is smaller so some of us had to park across the highway - not so great. Apparently, there was a nurses' party upstairs. You may want to arrive earlier to ensure you can park & make the reservation in time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaveDined on 9/9/2014The waiter was not very attentive. Our water glasses were almost empty the entire time, causing us to not drink anymore until we got a refill which never came. Our entire meal took one hour and 45 minutes. It could have been completed in an hour if the waiter had attended to us more promptly. 45 minutes of totally just waiting, is not good. Smokers outside the entrance is a real turn off. The food was good.Special Features:
- Top Notch Experience Everytime!JenTVIPDined on 9/7/2014We returned to Brandywine Prime for dinner this past Sunday for the Surf, Surf, Surf and Turf Special and absolutely loved everything. The food is always beautifully prepared and presented and tastes even better. The chef is the most consistent in the area and I love the innovative menu and specials that are always changing. The wine list is also top notch and is extensive and varied to satisfy everyone. In the past I used to only come in for special occasions but since Brandywine Prime has been working with Hotties 4 Humanity I am in at least 3 times a month. I highly recommend them!Special Features:
- Consistently DeliversAlexDined on 9/6/2014With many staples on the menu, in addition to ever-changing seasonal dishes, the food never disappoints. Service is always attentive and friendly, great for a quick happy hour drink and snack, or a dinner event. This is a great restaurant, a very reliable choice for brunch or dinner, no matter what the occasion or what you are craving.Special Features:
- Superb Food and Friendly Service1EnglishBulldogDined on 9/6/2014The manager and staff were very courteous and attentive. The vegetables and sides were cooked to perfection, and the House wine (Pino Grigio) was very good too. A good beer selection available also. Will returnSpecial Features:
- Two big thumbs up!pickydinerDined on 9/6/2014We chose this spot for our anniversary and it turned out to be awesome. They have a great bar menu with really interesting cocktails and one of the best beer selections I have seen in a local restaurant. It is not a long list, but a carefully chosen one by someone who knows what they are doing. We also love raw oysters and specifically come here because we know we will get some delicious oysters and last night was no exception (love the months that end in "r")! The salads were creative and fresh. The meals were perfectly prepared and delicious. The staff is attentive, but does not hover or intrude. The owner stopped by, which is always a nice touch. I should also mention their wine policy is the best, allowing you to BYOB for a corkage fee.Special Features:
- Brandywine Primessunshine1021Dined on 9/6/2014This is the second visit to Brandywine Prime and this time went for a birthday. There is a nice atmosphere that emphasizes the historic architecture and local setting, but is still cozy with some modern traditional touches. The food was good and service was spectacular. The price is a little more than the value, but overall Brandywine Prime is a gem, especially if you are looking for a one-of-a-kind place. Also, they brought out dessert on a plate that said happy birthday without me even asking (just mentioning the occasion)! I would recommend it especially for a date night or just having drinks at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodRSeinDined on 8/29/2014Best restaurant in the area, nothing comes close. Go and enjoy yourself.Special Features:
- hidden gem in chadds fordAJjpDined on 8/26/2014we found this place and have been there twice. both times our meals were perfect and service was great as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Beef.LocaldinerDined on 8/24/2014Best Beef. Excellent small fillet, just the right size and cooked perfectly. If you like it raw try the carpaccio! The garnish of sliced radish was unusual and gave it a crunchy, peppery accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service!MaabDined on 8/24/2014took my mom here for her birthday dinner. we've been before with parties and knew that they had great food - steaks are perfection here - but what i had never noticed at the parties was that the service is phenomenal! our server was Anthony and he took GREAT care of us. and when i quietly asked him if they could supply a candle for mom's dessert, they took it a step better - written beautifully in chocolate on her plate was "Happy Birthday" as well as the candle. it was a wonderful, quiet birthday.Special Features:
- Just right.LizzieDined on 8/24/2014It was just right. Not an overwhelming buffet, and I really liked that you ordered your main entree fresh. I will be back.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, casual diningGoodFoodDined on 8/23/2014Very good food in a casual dining setting. Steaks as always are great, but their fish dishes aren't far behind. Relative to the area a bit on the higher price. Waiter was attentive and entertaining.Special Features:
- good foodBruceVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food is very good. The atmosphere upstairs is not. We sat up there because of a large, loud party downstairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizersToinetteDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant was busy but we were seated within 5 minutes of our arrival and managed to get outdoor seating. Our waitress was prompt, courteous and did a great job explaining the specials. We both had their special martini with blue cheese stuffed olives and a little cube of filet. It was very good and very strong. Since we weren't very hungry we had calamari fries........delicious and a huge platter of short rib nachos, also very good. All in all, we had a great experience and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Had to park across the street, which was very inconvenient.
- Love it!KathyHDined on 8/10/2014Brandywine Prime has an excellent staff and great food. In addition to having brunch there several times, I have help multiple corporate dinners there and they bend over backward to accommodate their guests. They have also catered breakfast and lunch for my company offsite and they NEVER disappoint. They are very professional and are one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Comfortable atmosphere. Dining area is quiet and pleasant. Food is good. Staff are responsive and helpful.Special Features:
- Upscale and very elegantMartineVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our waiter was amazing! So hard to find great service these days. He was on top of e erything without hovering. Very professional. Food was also excellent. We ordered swordfish and filet mignon. Filet was cooked perfect and portion sizes were also perfect- not huge portions but plenty. I would suggest improving dessert menu. No decadent chocolate desserts or cheesecake. The pretzel dessert was just ok. Creme brûlée was just ok. Overall this was a nice place to have a relaxed special occasion meal. Thank you!Special Features:
- Kudos to the chef...KathleenDined on 8/7/2014Everything was delicious. We shared the generous mixed green salad. It was stuffed with berries, blue cheese crumbles and walnuts. My filet was done perfectly and my husband's short ribs were divine. We shared tastes and couldn't decide which we liked the best. Sauteed spinach and green beans were extremely tasty. We shared a small, delicious serving of local creamery ice cream. This was our first time back in many years. I had remember walking into a nice inviting lounge area but that is gone. You enter near the bar and walk through the bar and down a long service hallway to reach the room where we sat. The staff was polite but not very personable...except for the busboy! No matter, we will definitely go back for the food.Special Features:
- poor executionJOM123Dined on 8/6/20148 of us went for dinner. 8 had steaks- 5 were overcooked, 6 said there steaks were tough. almost seemed like they were cooked in an oven, dry and tough. soup was good, salads were good, deserts were ok. The waiter never asked how our steaks were?
- lgwclassVIPDined on 8/3/2014Quite the charming "steak house". I would have liked the prices with the specials, so ask!! My 10oz special, a filet, was <$60Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Service and food were excellent. My wife had the lobster risotto and it was the best I've ever had. My steak was perfectly cooked and very tender. We'll certainly put this on our list of places for a special occasion or a romantic dinner for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I had more room for more steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Best steak I've had in a long time. I had the Wagyu medium rare, fiance had the barrel cut rib eye medium, and they were superb. Wagyu had that melt-in-your-mouth savory flavor and tenderness. The rib eye was perfectly charred on the outside and cooked to temperature inside, so full of flavor and the right combination of textures. Our server, Patrick, was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful in both food and drink selections. We sat upstairs, as I requested a quiet table for a more intimate birthday celebration, and it was a lovely experience. Decor was a bit lackluster, but who really cares when they feed you so well?! Would love to come back to enjoy the bit more vibrant downstairs scene on another more casual night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate LifeB2lunchVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great Food ! Wonderful Ambience ! A must experience when in the nieghborhood. Do try the Calamari French Fries - wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should be betterOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/29/2014We live nearby so if we crave beef we visit this place occasionally. With steak prices topping $40 you would at least expect a table cloth. Good wine policy for BYO. Service is always professional.
- Excellent ExperienceSherryO1501Dined on 7/28/2014We celebrated my husband's 50th Birthday here on a Monday Night. The food, service and atmosphere was simply perfect. Arturo was our waiter and took very good care of us. We will definately go back to Brandywine Prime, we were very satisfied with our meal and the service.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Very AccommodatingjshelDined on 7/25/2014We were a half hour late for our reservations due to traffic an our daughter was in a show at Longwood. Our waiter was extrememly accommodating to our situation. He guided us through the menu, helping us make good choices based on our time constraint. THe food was excellent and everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- Good Place for A business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Good atmosphere for business discussion over drinks and a great dinner. Good cuts of meat - prepared well, presented well, good choice of accompanying veggies. Servers attentive but not overbearing. First time here and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!ChazelDined on 7/18/2014If you haven't been yet, run! My mouth is still watering thinking of the delicious food! Spot on from appertizer to dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!ShpnxsDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time here and we had a very nice night. The food was good and the service was great! The prices are a bit high for the serving size. The calamari fries and chopped salad we're both very good and our steak was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvbrandyrivvalDined on 7/18/2014It was an excellent experience. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the offerings and the food was delicious, fresh, and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapergirlDined on 7/17/2014We were seated at an intimate table as per my request since this was a special birthday celebration. The waitress was friendly and understanding of our need to chat a bit without rushing us to get ordering. The little birthday touch of wishes in chocolate syrup around the dessert plate was very thoughtful. These are some of the reasons I always chose Brandywine Prime, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnernjoyfoodDined on 7/12/2014Had a wonderful dinner here,enjoyed the specialty cocktails and the calamari fries first. Then on to a perfectly cooked filet mignon and grilled shrimp with lobster risotto. My daughter and I shared so we made our own delicious surf and turf. Too full for desert but not for an Irish coffee. Great meal from start to finish, and convenient as we walked from the Brandywine River Hotel.Special Features: