1617 Baltimore Pike
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brandywineprime.com/
- Phone: 6103888088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00 at our newly opened Bistro next door; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Butler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Brandywine Prime offers full service off site catering from 20 to 200 including weddings, casual gatherings at your house & outdoor parties. Please contact Michael for sample menus & pricing.
- Cross Street: Creek Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking in our private lot. Coming North on Route 1, turn left at the light at the intersection of Routes 1 & 100 then make a right into our lot about 100 feet from the corner. Coming South on Route 100, make a left about 100 feet before the intersection of Route 1. Coming South Route 1, make a quick right just after the restaurant into our lot.
A word from Brandywine Prime
Located in the heart of the Brandywine Valley, this modern American steakhouse is a short drive from Philadelphia, the Main Line or Wilmington. The complete redo of the 300 year old Chadds Ford Inn has created an excellent canvas with which to paint. The cuisine is strictly twenty-first century with an emphasis not only top quality cuts of beef, like the 10 oz. barrel cut ribeye, but fresh seasonal seafood, like soft-shell crabs and wild salmon. The comfortable bar beckons you in with a Best of Philly burger, ahi tuna club and a local draft beer. Creative sandwiches, great happy hour specials and great steaks ensure we have something for everyone. Modern finishes to an historic building create an inviting, hip atmosphere that welcomes all-from tourists to business travelers to local families to private events in one of our many rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Brandywine Prime - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
Brandywine Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (62)romantic (52)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (38)notable wine list (35)great for brunch (35)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (14)hot spot (11)late-night find (9)great for outdoor dining (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- Best Beef.LocaldinerDined on 8/24/2014Best Beef. Excellent small fillet, just the right size and cooked perfectly. If you like it raw try the carpaccio! The garnish of sliced radish was unusual and gave it a crunchy, peppery accent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014took my mom here for her birthday dinner. we've been before with parties and knew that they had great food - steaks are perfection here - but what i had never noticed at the parties was that the service is phenomenal! our server was Anthony and he took GREAT care of us. and when i quietly asked him if they could supply a candle for mom's dessert, they took it a step better - written beautifully in chocolate on her plate was "Happy Birthday" as well as the candle. it was a wonderful, quiet birthday.Special Features:
- Just right.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014It was just right. Not an overwhelming buffet, and I really liked that you ordered your main entree fresh. I will be back.!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, casual diningGoodFoodDined on 8/23/2014Very good food in a casual dining setting. Steaks as always are great, but their fish dishes aren't far behind. Relative to the area a bit on the higher price. Waiter was attentive and entertaining.Special Features:
- good foodBruceDined on 8/22/2014The food is very good. The atmosphere upstairs is not. We sat up there because of a large, loud party downstairsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great appetizersToinetteDined on 8/15/2014The restaurant was busy but we were seated within 5 minutes of our arrival and managed to get outdoor seating. Our waitress was prompt, courteous and did a great job explaining the specials. We both had their special martini with blue cheese stuffed olives and a little cube of filet. It was very good and very strong. Since we weren't very hungry we had calamari fries........delicious and a huge platter of short rib nachos, also very good. All in all, we had a great experience and I would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Had to park across the street, which was very inconvenient.
- Love it!KathyHDined on 8/10/2014Brandywine Prime has an excellent staff and great food. In addition to having brunch there several times, I have help multiple corporate dinners there and they bend over backward to accommodate their guests. They have also catered breakfast and lunch for my company offsite and they NEVER disappoint. They are very professional and are one of our favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Comfortable atmosphere. Dining area is quiet and pleasant. Food is good. Staff are responsive and helpful.Special Features:
- Upscale and very elegantMartineVIPDined on 8/7/2014Our waiter was amazing! So hard to find great service these days. He was on top of e erything without hovering. Very professional. Food was also excellent. We ordered swordfish and filet mignon. Filet was cooked perfect and portion sizes were also perfect- not huge portions but plenty. I would suggest improving dessert menu. No decadent chocolate desserts or cheesecake. The pretzel dessert was just ok. Creme brûlée was just ok. Overall this was a nice place to have a relaxed special occasion meal. Thank you!Special Features:
- Kudos to the chef...KathleenDined on 8/7/2014Everything was delicious. We shared the generous mixed green salad. It was stuffed with berries, blue cheese crumbles and walnuts. My filet was done perfectly and my husband's short ribs were divine. We shared tastes and couldn't decide which we liked the best. Sauteed spinach and green beans were extremely tasty. We shared a small, delicious serving of local creamery ice cream. This was our first time back in many years. I had remember walking into a nice inviting lounge area but that is gone. You enter near the bar and walk through the bar and down a long service hallway to reach the room where we sat. The staff was polite but not very personable...except for the busboy! No matter, we will definitely go back for the food.Special Features:
- poor executionJOM123Dined on 8/6/20148 of us went for dinner. 8 had steaks- 5 were overcooked, 6 said there steaks were tough. almost seemed like they were cooked in an oven, dry and tough. soup was good, salads were good, deserts were ok. The waiter never asked how our steaks were?
- lgwclassVIPDined on 8/3/2014Quite the charming "steak house". I would have liked the prices with the specials, so ask!! My 10oz special, a filet, was <$60Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Service and food were excellent. My wife had the lobster risotto and it was the best I've ever had. My steak was perfectly cooked and very tender. We'll certainly put this on our list of places for a special occasion or a romantic dinner for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wish I had more room for more steakOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Best steak I've had in a long time. I had the Wagyu medium rare, fiance had the barrel cut rib eye medium, and they were superb. Wagyu had that melt-in-your-mouth savory flavor and tenderness. The rib eye was perfectly charred on the outside and cooked to temperature inside, so full of flavor and the right combination of textures. Our server, Patrick, was very knowledgeable and extremely helpful in both food and drink selections. We sat upstairs, as I requested a quiet table for a more intimate birthday celebration, and it was a lovely experience. Decor was a bit lackluster, but who really cares when they feed you so well?! Would love to come back to enjoy the bit more vibrant downstairs scene on another more casual night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrate LifeB2lunchVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great Food ! Wonderful Ambience ! A must experience when in the nieghborhood. Do try the Calamari French Fries - wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceSherryO1501Dined on 7/28/2014We celebrated my husband's 50th Birthday here on a Monday Night. The food, service and atmosphere was simply perfect. Arturo was our waiter and took very good care of us. We will definately go back to Brandywine Prime, we were very satisfied with our meal and the service.Special Features:
- Great Meal, Very AccommodatingjshelDined on 7/25/2014We were a half hour late for our reservations due to traffic an our daughter was in a show at Longwood. Our waiter was extrememly accommodating to our situation. He guided us through the menu, helping us make good choices based on our time constraint. THe food was excellent and everyone had a great time.Special Features:
- Good Place for A business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014Good atmosphere for business discussion over drinks and a great dinner. Good cuts of meat - prepared well, presented well, good choice of accompanying veggies. Servers attentive but not overbearing. First time here and will come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!ChazelDined on 7/18/2014If you haven't been yet, run! My mouth is still watering thinking of the delicious food! Spot on from appertizer to dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!ShpnxsDined on 7/18/2014This was our first time here and we had a very nice night. The food was good and the service was great! The prices are a bit high for the serving size. The calamari fries and chopped salad we're both very good and our steak was tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvbrandyrivvalDined on 7/18/2014It was an excellent experience. Our waiter was attentive and knowledgeable about the offerings and the food was delicious, fresh, and well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PapergirlDined on 7/17/2014We were seated at an intimate table as per my request since this was a special birthday celebration. The waitress was friendly and understanding of our need to chat a bit without rushing us to get ordering. The little birthday touch of wishes in chocolate syrup around the dessert plate was very thoughtful. These are some of the reasons I always chose Brandywine Prime, especially for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Wonderful dinnernjoyfoodDined on 7/12/2014Had a wonderful dinner here,enjoyed the specialty cocktails and the calamari fries first. Then on to a perfectly cooked filet mignon and grilled shrimp with lobster risotto. My daughter and I shared so we made our own delicious surf and turf. Too full for desert but not for an Irish coffee. Great meal from start to finish, and convenient as we walked from the Brandywine River Hotel.Special Features:
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/12/2014The menu and food is diverse and very interesting. All of our food items were absolutely delicious and perfectly prepared. The highlight of our lunch and dinner experience was our server Anthony. He was absolutely professional, attentive, well informed and very personable. We will return !!Special Features:
- Excellent dining experienceChess4Dined on 7/11/2014I picked this restaurant off the internet because I was trying to find a place somewhere in between New Jersey, Philadelphia and Harrisburg. I am so glad this is the place I picked. Our waiter was knowledgable, efficient and did a superb job. Menu offered great selection and many local favorites. Bar menu accommodated all of us quite nicely. A+++ from the moment we walked in until we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Last TimeJenTVIPDined on 7/10/2014I usually like going here for a good steak, but this past visit, the steak (I usually get the cowboy rib eye) was pretty bland, surprisingly. I thought it was overpriced for the cut of meat and preparation. Maybe it was an off night.
- Huge disappointmentEcb5091Dined on 7/10/2014For a steakhouse with prices soaring through the roof, I expect a delectable, perfectly cooked piece of meat. However, what my family and I found were over-priced and under-sized not fresh steaks. I'm even pretty sure the $39 Wagyu steak I ordered was just a piece of sirloin. I asked for my steak to be medium and it arrived barely pink. My mother ordered salmon with asparagus which was completely overdone. The asparagus was so over cooked that the pieces actually stuck together and she could only eat the stalks. The shrimp risotto was good, but again, we went for STEAK and what we got was a huge disappointment. It was supposed to be a lovely birthday dinner, but this restaurant ruined it.
- Returning again, again, again.EstherDined on 7/9/2014This time I visited with my friend, who eats like a bird. She ordered a special daily selection and ate every bit of it, she kept saying "this is so good". Normally in her politeness at "other" places she will stop and ask for a take home bag saying her stomach is too small. A polite way of saying "that she does not really like something" I was amused that she ate every last bit of her food. We will be back again. And I enjoyed one of the specialty drinks, wanted a second , but I was driving. A wonderful place. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceElizabethVIPDined on 7/3/2014Last week a friend and I had dinner at Brandywine Prime for the first time. The waiter was excellent, and my filet was one of the best I've ever had. The atmosphere in the upstairs dining room is charming. I ordered dessert and coffee in part because I wasn't ready to leave! I look forward to a return visit and highly recommend Brandywine Prime to others.Special Features:
- We will be back!Wanderer2Dined on 6/29/2014My friends and I went for a girls' brunch and we thoroughly enjoyed the food, service and ambiance! Michael served us and he was very attentive and personable. We partook of the buffet items and also had eggs benedict, french toast and waffles. Everybody's tummy was happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Outstanding!bertonciniVIPDined on 6/28/2014Another great dinner and our out of town guests loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, But...hjbwildelDined on 6/28/2014A return trip, wife took me to celebrate my birthday. Reviewed the menu, and was trending between a fish entree and the filet on the regular menu. The waiter in going over the specials had said there was a 10oz filet and it included a sauce and some green beans. Didn't note if it was a special kind so I figured it was just a larger cut of their regular 8 oz. ($32) filet. Well I went with the special. Food, service and drinks were all great. Shock came when I got the bill and the filet - $48. Not feeling as satisfied as my first visit. On the fence about another visit to BP though. Should have asked but didn't - I do so much appreciate restaurants that use a supplement or daily menu though. A reason to avoid specials if they don't.Special Features:
- anniversary dinner33rdDined on 6/27/2014stayed at hotel next door. had a great meal...good service, friendly bartenders, great food. even got champagne on the house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The salad was the best partKerrbearDined on 6/26/2014We came from Baltimore to see Longwood Gardens and picked Brandywine Prime by its Open Table profile. It looked really nice. Somehow, we kept getting wrong directions online and had a hard time getting there, and then almost didn't get a parking spot in their lot. The server was nice but forgot to bring my boyfriend's second drink. The chopped salads were really good,but the "prime filet" was dry and everything needed salt. It was a fine experience but not a place I feel the need to get back to.Special Features:
- ExpectedBrunchDined on 6/22/2014This is not the first time my wife and I have dined at this restaurant for Sunday brunch. We have grown accustomed to expecting a good dining experience. This visit did not disappoint. While not the largest selection of choices, the food is high quality and well presented. You do not leave hungry or wishing for anything more. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in the area!BonAppetitDined on 6/21/2014If you love a great steak but aren't a fan of the chain steak houses like Sullivan's then this may be what you've been looking for. Fantastic steak with great side dishes in a historical Brandywine Valley setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unfortunately Surprised...KeokiDined on 6/20/2014In an area that has a lot of steak houses and new places opening, we chose this place due the private ownership and lack of chain affiliation. Unfortunately, we were disappointed. Service was friendly and on point at the beginning, but we waited a bit to get our cocktails. I guess the bar was busy downstairs. Our appetizers, sautéed octopus and shrimp spring rolls did not impress. Stuffing in rolls seemed bland and my wife didn't know that they were listed as shrimp. After quite a while between appetizers and our entree, I asked for a med rare steak only to be served a very well seared, well done filet mignon. My wife ordered the Wagyu filet for $38, which looked like it was cooked on a hot griddle. (Nothing special or note worthy)Special Features:
- TATKDined on 6/20/2014This was a return at the invitation of the owner due to our prior concern that our steaks had been overcooked. We took the owner up on the offer and revisited and ordered the same food as before - high end steaks. When the dinners we ordered arrived, the steaks were cooked to our preference and formed the basis for a delightful meal. Our waiter was attentive and excellent. He was also responsive to our queries for his opinion about specific items on the menu. We accepted his recommendations and were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Burger heaventlupicaDined on 6/20/2014Friday nite half price burgers are the best. The price is great but even at full price these burgers are well worth the price! Thick, juicy and cooked to perfection. My burger was pink and with bacon, blue cheese, lettuce tomatoe, onion and the best fries.Special Features: