1617 Baltimore Pike
Chadds Ford, PA 19317Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brandywineprime.com/
- Phone: (610) 388-8088
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00 at our newly opened Bistro next door; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 10:00am – 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Dan Butler
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Brandywine Prime offers full service off site catering from 20 to 200 including weddings, casual gatherings at your house & outdoor parties. Please contact Michael for sample menus & pricing.
- Cross Street: Creek Road
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: There is ample parking in our private lot. Coming North on Route 1, turn left at the light at the intersection of Routes 1 & 100 then make a right into our lot about 100 feet from the corner. Coming South on Route 100, make a left about 100 feet before the intersection of Route 1. Coming South Route 1, make a quick right just after the restaurant into our lot.
A word from Brandywine Prime
Located in the heart of the Brandywine Valley, this modern American steakhouse is a short drive from Philadelphia, the Main Line or Wilmington. The complete redo of the 300 year old Chadds Ford Inn has created an excellent canvas with which to paint. The cuisine is strictly twenty-first century with an emphasis not only top quality cuts of beef, like the 10 oz. barrel cut ribeye, but fresh seasonal seafood, like soft-shell crabs and wild salmon. The comfortable bar beckons you in with a Best of Philly burger, ahi tuna club and a local draft beer. Creative sandwiches, great happy hour specials and great steaks ensure we have something for everyone. Modern finishes to an historic building create an inviting, hip atmosphere that welcomes all-from tourists to business travelers to local families to private events in one of our many rooms.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Brandywine Prime - Best Restaurants in West Chester ›
Brandywine Prime reviews from OpenTable diners
170 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (88)neighborhood gem (68)good for groups (68)romantic (60)notable wine list (58)vibrant bar scene (53)great for brunch (34)hot spot (27)great for lunch (17)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (11)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Great food in BrandywineOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/21/2014The food at Brandywine Prime was excellent. We had the tenderloin and the cowboy ribeye. The side of mushrooms we had was also excellent. The service was good, but not overly attentive. All in all it was a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our meal was fantasticLomaDined on 11/21/2014My steak was great, cooked to perfection. The wait staff is superior, even those that did not wait on us came over and said hi to us. Only disappointment I have ever had is when the carrot cake was taken off the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/18/2014This was my first visit to the Prime. We sat in the main dining room which was smaller than I thought but very nice. There were a few things with me that made some BIG points. First, although they have a fully stocked bar, you can still do a BYOWine for a $5 cork charge. This is the first time I was at a restaurant with a full bar that allowed that. Second, when the waiter mentioned the specials, HE ALSO MENTIONED THE PRICES. That's rare and greatly appreciated. Third, on their wine list, their heading states that they pour a 6 oz. glass of wine BUT it is served in an over-sized glass. I appreciated that also since I can't tell you how many times, I get a glass of wine in a restaurant and they give you a small amount that seems to equal a shot and then charge you $10. At least here, they tell you what you are getting. And to be honest, I saw them bring people a glass of wine and have to disagree with The Prime. There wine portion is generous. Food - Had the Rib-eye and our first impression when brought to the table was it was not as thick as you would expect for a "steak house". Although it was very good, we were just surprised that it was not very thick; which is what you would expect at a good "Steak-house". But in all honesty, it was enough. All side dishes were excellent. One last point that I liked was the service. I like to take my time at a restaurant. Have a drink or two before even ordering. And that's exactly what we had here. After ordering, the appetizer came out about fifteen minutes later and then dinner took a bit of time to come out...WHICH IS WHAT I LIKE. It's not that they were slow, it seemed that they just allow you some time before your dinner comes out. Was not rushed at all and service was great! All in all a great experience. Again, since you can BYOWine, that was a huge hit for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchMattDined on 11/16/2014Stopped in for Sunday Brunch this past week. The food was great as was the service. Limited brunch menu to choose from, but you get to choose 1 menu item and also have access to the buffet of assorted appetizers and deserts. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood gemroute1Dined on 11/15/2014We don't have to travel to the city to have a nice meal. The food and the service are excellent and this suburban steak and seafood restaurant. The corkage fee is minimal despite Brandywine Prime having an extensive wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food and drink. Great Steaks!jsmithingtonDined on 11/15/2014Love the décor inside. Great drink list. Amazing steaks best around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodJohnDined on 11/12/2014Very nice restaurant. High end food and great drink selection. Reccomended wine from the server was a perfect pair with our steak. Vermeil red.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TheonewhopaysDined on 11/9/2014Five adults for brunch. Excellent food, especially the quiche and apple strudel. Coffee was also very fresh. Nice variety...something for everyone. We will visit again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local GemBPFansChaddsFordVIPDined on 11/8/2014Brandywine Prime is always great! Food, service and atmosphere are terrific. On Friday and Saturday nights the bar, tavern and dining rooms are buzzing with friends and family enjoying. Its like Boston's "Cheers" for locals. Private parties also great as well as their catering. BP is a huge part of Chadds Ford and welcoming to all!Special Features:
- Nice but overpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/8/2014Steaks were good but didn't justify their $30 - $50 prices. Then sides and sauces were extra. Dinner for 4 with 2 drinks, 4 appetizers and 1 dessert was $232 pre tip. Waiter was nice but made a couple mistakes our orders and dessert coffee didn't arrive until the one dessert had been eaten.
- We'll Be Back!!!restaurantroverDined on 11/8/2014This was our first visit to BP, but it definitely won't be our last. The meal was outstanding form start to finish. The mushroom tart was delicious. My husband's filet mignon was cooked to perfection. My entree, the butternut squash ravioli, was one of the most delectable treats I have ever eaten. The ravioli were soft pillows of perfection swimming in a very light, slightly sweet, but at the same time, decadent sauce. We usually never get dessert, but we were so impressed with the meal that we decided to have not just one dessert, but the trio of desserts. We chose the creme brule, the chocolate lava cake, and the apple tart. It was the perfect ending to the perfect night!!Special Features:
- outstanding once againSherryO1501Dined on 11/7/2014The food, atmosphere and service is always great at The Brandwine Prime. Bar area was full with happy customers getting great deals on food and drinks, we had a romantic dinner in the dining room. Love this place!Special Features:
- Most EnjoyableDenDenDined on 11/7/2014Was a wonderful place for our 45th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Food was delicious - best steak I've ever ate. Love the restaurant the stone walls and relaxed atmosphere - service was great. Would love to visit again.Special Features:
- JohnDined on 11/2/2014Have eaten here twice in the past year wanted to try the brunch,was not disappointed.the best part was ordering an entree from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmospheregettysburg79Dined on 11/1/2014Everything about this place was superb. It was first visit and it was a special occasion. I was not disappointed. It is a bit pricey, but worth it! Service was very good and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Thursday Night at BrandywineFrankVIPDined on 10/30/2014My wife and I dined at Brandywine Prime Thursday night to take advantage of the wine and sandwich specials. Everything was great. At little crowded but that's a good thing. We are sure to return.Special Features:
- Business DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/30/2014Had business dinner there and professional service / waitress, and great steaks. Was seated at round table in corner allowing great flow of conversation. One dinner may have been accidentally neglected to be put in to kitchen. Waitress came by and apologized and provided guest a shrimp cocktail while he waited. Everyone makes a mistake but the personnel advised us and on their own made a nice gesture.Special Features:
- Brandywine Prime RestaurantTheFoodSnobDined on 10/28/2014I have to say that as a Delawarean we are blessed with many wonderful dining establishments. I have had the pleasure of dining at Brandywine Prime 5 times over the last 18 months and they continue to raise the bar. I was trying to make the night a memorable one for my guest, the ambiance, service and food would have turned the trick for most people, but I am not most people. They worked with me and for me to make the evening a success, my guest was very, very pleased. Bravissimo Brandywine PrimeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner meetingpookersDined on 10/28/2014This was a business meeting.I along with me one of my clients ordered scallops and we were served a different dish which we sent back. the owner appeared and informed us that they were out of scallops. In place we were served Base which was excellent. He removed the charged from both dishes and served all of us complimentary desserts...So impressive!! First class..the food was excellent, service was great and the entire experience was wonderful. We would all recommend The Brandywine Prime and return in a heart beat for business or personal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrated Anniversarysjs1980Dined on 10/26/2014My wife and I went to Bradywine Prime to celebrate our anniversary. The food and service were amazing. Both of our servers were very attentive.Special Features:
- Great food...ScannonDined on 10/26/2014Portions are not huge, so try several courses. You won't be disappointed all will be wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Allen813Allen813Dined on 10/26/2014Tried Sunday brunch for the first time, will be back to explore dinner, everything was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best place For Steak!PattyDined on 10/25/2014Loved our dinner and Arturo...our waiter could not have been more helpful! Drinks were awesome...and the oysters and crab cocktail were fantastic!Special Features:
- Great night out!LomaDined on 10/24/2014We always enjoy our night out at Brandywine Prime great food, great drinks and the waiters are very friendly and always remember us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ANNIVERSARYcuffaDined on 10/23/2014We celebrated our wedding anniversary,the food is always WONDERFUL but your are always surprised.The butternut squash so good with hunks of lobster,each bite a treat,dinner was equally delicious scallops with a puree cauliflower and my husband had center cut cowboy steak with lobster mash potatoes ,steak was like but a.Mark our waiter WONDERFUL.make a reservation at Brandywine prime your love it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GreatregularVIPDined on 10/22/2014steaks always prepared as ordered. Service and presentation are above many steak houses in the area - more of a neighborhood feel [ yet ambiance is first class] to it. Wine and beer selection is spot on - pricing is reasonable on drinks as well. My Delmonico Steak was a real treat !! Should add to regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat ...JB22VIPDined on 10/22/2014Popped in for a mid-week dinner with the bride after work. What a wonderful way to break up the week, enjoy first class service and a top notch meal. Don't forget it's call Brandywine Prime - Seafood & Chops. On this night - we veered towards the terrific fresh seafood with sweet ROCKFISH filet and an amazing lobster and shrimp risotto. Both dishes sparkled with flawless execution. The ROCKFISH was accompanied by sweet golden raisins sprinkled along side whipped potatoes. Just fabulous. Not enough gets said about their thoughtful and modestly priced wine list. Try the "THREE" Syrah - great price, great taste and spot on for this time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GOOD DATE NIGHTMMB19Dined on 10/18/2014FOOD AND SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. PERFECTLY COOKED JUICY STEAKS. NICE WINE LIST. PERFECT ATMOSPHERE FOR DATE NIGHT, JUST MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A RESERVATION.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My husband and I came for our 12th anniversary, and we loved it. We were just about to leave and our waiter surprised us with dessert on the house. We will be back and will recommend Brandywine to everyone we know. Thank you for making our special night, very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and atmosphereJLSBDined on 10/16/2014My husband and I celebrated our 5th anniversary here. Everything we ordered was delicious, from our salad and appetizer (fried mozzarella) to our entrees (prime cut sirloin, rockfish) and dessert (creme brûlée). We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvagreatmealluvagreatmealDined on 10/15/2014My wife and I both had the filet and it was tender and cooked exactly as promised. The appetizer (mushroom tart) and side (twice baked potato) we had aren't cheap but are plenty big enough for two to share if you're not huge eaters. Brandywine Prime is expensive but worth the price.Special Features:
- Another HomerunJenTVIPDined on 10/13/2014Excellent service, delicious food and great ambiance. Amazing experience all around. Most consistent restaurant in the Chadds Ford area by far. Love the partnership with Hotties~4~Humanity and Brandywine Primes commitment to giving back to charity and the local community as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second VisitdineoutDined on 10/13/2014We went as a special birthday occasion on a Monday evening which was nice and quiet. Service was excellent not because we had no issues because we did but they couldn't have been handled in a quicker and nicer manner. I was a little disappointed in our steaks. I ordered the barrel cut rib eye medium and my friend ordered the filet medium rare. We switched because my steak was more rare than I liked and his filet was medium. I can't say that either steak was delicious....they were just okay and to be honest I couldn't tell the difference in appearance or taste from one to the other. I personally expect rib eye to be tastier.Special Features:
- Brunch is goodbrandywineDined on 10/12/2014A great buffet of many delicious items plus an entree make this a good value for Sunday BrunchSpecial Features:
- Awesome except for parkingFoodNationDined on 10/11/2014This is place is great. The food and service were impeccable. We had the oysters, beef carpaccio, the dry aged strip, and filet. Oysters were some of the freshest I've had, and the steaks were cooked spot on. For dessert, we shared a pumpkin bread pudding, which was also very good. Would definitely go back. The only thing they need is a bigger parking lot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good steak but took a while to getTexasDined on 10/11/2014We sat down at 6:34 with 6:30 reservations with party of 5 and left around 8:30. Took forever to get the food and just as long for the check to finally arrive to the table. The steak was great but not as tender as I like it. Price is avg $30 an entree. For three of us with a bottle of house wine and 1 order from the kids menu it was $135Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great MealJsReviewsDined on 10/9/2014Our food was very good, the atmosphere lovely. We were passing through the area, found the restaurant on Open Table. Unfortunately, the menu listed was not current and the prices also understated.Special Features:
- Steak out!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014The martini's and steak choices were awesome- shellfish was off the hook also. We will return! .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch: Great varietyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/5/2014Went for Sunday brunch. Heard many good things, and so even with a "high bar", the brunch exceeded my expectations. It offers the best of a buffet, and an order-from-menu experience. You order one main item from the menu, but then are free to "plate up" at an ample buffet selection. Salads, soup, shrimp cocktail, smoked salmon, cured meats, cheese selection - there's something for everyone's tastes. The dessert selection should not be overlooked.Special Features:
- Sunday brunchgr8f00dVIPDined on 10/5/2014Best brunch in Delaware county. I have never been dissatisfied with the selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.