Brandon's by the Beach
2842 S. Ocean Blvd
Palm Beach, FL 33480Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Brandon's by the Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.omphoy.com/indulge/mb-terrace/
- Phone: 5615406450x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7:00am - 11:30am
All Day Menu Daily: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Brunch Sunday: 7:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Helm
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Brandon's by the Beach
The true definition of South Florida, Brandon's by the Beach is a contemporary twist on American favorites. New World American, the dishes are vibrant with tastes, colors and textures for every palate. The ideal place for a social or business breakfast or lunch, our indoor/outdoor restaurant provides amazing views of the Atlantic Ocean while you dine amongst its warm tropical breezes. Breakfast features a multicultural approach to the most important meal of the day which is sure to get your day started in the right direction. For lunch, Chef and his team sources the freshest ingredients possible to create a vibrant menu of traditional items that have been updated with a signature twist.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brandon's by the Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.8Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)special occasion (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (2)neighborhood gem (1)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Romantic Anniversary SurpriseINTRIGUEDDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant above Brandon 's, is where we celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. The ambiance inside and out was elegant, sheik, and filled with romance. We look forward to returning again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food decent serviceDineosaurVIPDined on 9/6/2014We liked the atmosphere and food Service was fair. A bit slow but within reasonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch and exceptional staffOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/27/2014For the price, this is the best brunch we have had in the area. Nice assortment of well prepared dishes, with eggs made to order. We sat in the terrace, which was very nice - but very hot. The dining room was too dark for our liking for a brunch. All of the staff was exceptionally helpful and courteous, which made this a great dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 54 reviews are from the Brandon's by the Beach reviews archive.
- Run in the other directionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2014Having dined at many restaurants over the years in New York, Paris, Miami, Dallas, etc., I can truly say that this was the worst in service, food, and courtesy. However, it could be a great place if they paid their light bill. The darkness of the place is the first thing that hits you. Although it has great potential for being chic, it has not risen to its potential.. The food is poorly prepared, the service is inadequate, and for a hotel on the ocean, it lacks any kind of sparkle. One of their sauces tasted like Campbell tomato soup, which may not be far from the truth given that the food is basic diner. There are so many really excellent restaurants around, skip this one.
- Indifferent Service, small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013The food was tasty but a very small amount. There was no bread on the table, we had to wait a very long time to be served after ordering (20 minutes) and didn't see wait staff around. I have been to much better places!Special Features:
- Nice Place for lunchpanterVIPDined on 7/6/2013Nice location which has inside and outside dining. Had a nice buffet for lunch or you could order from the menu. The turkey club was great, the hamburger was okay
- Lovely lunch sitting outsideOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/18/2013Lovely lunch sitting outside overlooking the oceanSpecial Features:
- I rate the service as fairluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 1/6/2013I rate the service as fair instead of poor only because it was friendly, if inept. It took forever to get a place setting (which had to be requested). Service remained slow throughout, and a complaint about mealy tomatoes in the salad yielded no response whatsoever. The beef tartar was very good, as was the spinach salad (although they forgot the cranberries). The cobb salad was good - but the romaine was a little yellowish, and they forgot the egg that was supposed to be included. The prices are high for everything.Special Features:
- My friends n I had a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012My friends n I had a great time. We were in for brunch n it was my friend bday. N everything was great. The ambiance was amazing. Very modern, clean. We sat outside which is surprising cuz I don't ever sit outside but they had great couches out there with a nice shade. The beach view is a plus plus. Food from apps to lunch was great. Dessert could have been better. But no complains here. Everyone was pleasant. Everyone was very attentive to us. They wanted to make sure we were doing good. It is a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Rough gem needs polishingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012The Terrace is right on the beach, which is lovely and an odd rarity in this part of S. Florida. The hotel decor is a cool swanky modern, and the staff is friendly and professional. The food is nothing spectacular, but the location can make up for that...along with a nice cocktail. We knew the hotel has been going through changes, but they really need to improve their annoying reservation policy of limited availability despite empty dining rooms. Very irksome to arrive for a time slot you had to settle for, only to find that you have nearly the entire space to yourself...for well over an hour. And it's not the first time I've experienced this. I must be a glutton for punishment. I'll still probably return for one of those cocktails.Special Features:
- Coolest spot on the beachGourmantVIPDined on 1/8/2012An outstanding retaurant for lunch or brunch, even for us Palm Beach locals. It is a vacation in and of itself. The service, friendliness, menu and quality of the food and presentation cannot be surpassed for outdoor dining in Palm Beach. Visit often.Special Features:
- Roasted half chicken was onluvfrenchfoodVIPDined on 12/26/2011Roasted half chicken was on the dry side. Tuna Nicoise was over dressed, and skimpy on the tuna. I ordered ice tea, but was brought a glass of tea that was warm and had no ice at all. Service was quite slow, and the server was not at all friendly. Music was too loud and not to my wife and my liking.Special Features:
- A Disappointing Dining ExperienceRybiVIPDined on 10/15/2011A total disappointing experience. We have been to All M.B. restaurants and have been very satisfied to thrilled! Clearly this restaurant is not part of her culinary focus. Service, although pleasant, was unprofessional, inattentive and negligent. A very courteous manager heard our complaints and offer an adjustment to bill something we were not looking for. There is a lot of training and refocusing need here. Bill R
- Great view of beach -- funHonestelVIPDined on 10/2/2011Great view of beach -- fun to visit but food was a little disappointing.
- One of my favorite placesLolaWPBVIPDined on 9/11/2011One of my favorite places to dine and I always take guests for breakfast. Sometimes the service is a little slow but this visit was very good. I couldn't say enough about how good the breakfast is and I love that they give you a nice amount of fruit with the meal. My guests always equate the fresh fruits with visiting Florida and are always impressed by the great food and breathtaking view.Special Features:
- We weren't able to sit outdoorsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/7/2011We weren't able to sit outdoors as it was brutally hot. But the outdoor terrace would be great in the right season. Food was very good; as was the service. Maitre'D was very attentive and checked in on us persoanlly during our meal. Overall, a very ncie experience. Wish weather was cooperative for outdoor dining.Special Features:
- Food and service were veryTrickaDined on 7/30/2011Food and service were very good. People coming through at the restaurant from the beach was an annoying feature, especially those with no shirts on.
- I have been to this restaurantLolaWPBVIPDined on 7/30/2011I have been to this restaurant several times for breakfast. I never know what to expect. The food is always outstanding and the view is incredible. The servers are very polite but there never seems to be enough of them to take care of the number of customers. Service is almost always slow and a little chaotic but always very friendly and helpful. I will keep going back for the food and ambiance but I would caution anyone not to have time constraints when they visit.Special Features:
- Our server was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/28/2011Our server was excellent, however, the food was poor. Out of five at the table only one had a good entre. The salads were tasteless and two entrees could not have been house prepared they were so dry. Very disappointing.
- If this were our first visitOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/4/2011If this were our first visit to the terrace at the Omphoy we would not return- since we have been there many times before and live nearby we likely will give it another try. The service was off as was the food presentation, I was actually done eating and my husband's main course still had not arrived and we finally cancelled it - it even took two or three requests to get salt and pepper. We spoke to the manager who politely offered us a free dessert which we declined and we left and finished lunch at home.Special Features:
- Ate outside at lunch time.FabulousVIPDined on 6/27/2011Ate outside at lunch time. Food was delicious and view breathtaking. Service little slow, but friendly.Special Features:
- We had brunch here and unfortunatelOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2011We had brunch here and unfortunately two out of three egg dishes were VERY overcooked. The lobster ommletes were very dry and missed the mark...the smoked salmon egg dish was wonderful and the pancakes and fresh fruit were delicious. They also served their version of apple butter and it was amazing. All in al we would give it another try for brunch...it appears the chef was just having an off day on the ommlete station.Special Features:
- Brunch with Eric Hansen playingLoveLifeVIPDined on 6/12/2011Brunch with Eric Hansen playing Spanish guitar and accompanied by violin was very special -- we lingered over dessert & extra drinks as did others.Special Features:
- excellent restaurant, serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/8/2011excellent restaurant, service staff seemed like trainees being broken in on their first day on the job without very much training, wine glass dripping/no sugar served with coffee..but the view and the food compensated for itSpecial Features:
- Place of no returnOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/8/2011Second time there. Service was atrocious both times. Waiter had NO knowledge of wines. Went to go check on a bottle and returned 15 minutes later to say they didn't carry it. I requested a wine list. 15 minutes later, on receiving the list, I notice the wine on the list. We have a manager bring it over. It didn't get better. Poorly executed food. Over cooked and not seasoned. Our lunch took 2 1/2 hours. We weren't in a hurry; but this was purely due to SLOW service. And they didn't sem to care! A service manager later told us that our waiter was one of their best. That pretty much sums up this place.Special Features:
- Late Outdoor Lunch May Be HeavenMTNesterVIPDined on 4/21/2011Over the top romance, gracious service and a wonderful menu all without being over-priced. There are times when nothing quite like hotel dining service will fit the bill. Late afternoon lunch on the water is one of those times. There's nothing like it - and I even believe the menu - really is poached Maine (or at least New England) lobster on the lunch menu. Nice job!Special Features:
- We've had lunch 3 times atmooseVIPDined on 4/19/2011We've had lunch 3 times at The Terrace and the food is mediocre, including such staples as burger, turkey club, chicken. If this is the quality of M. Bernstein's food, then it has saved me a trip to Miami. View of ocean is the best feature of dining here.Special Features:
- A lovely experience awaitslov2eatVIPDined on 4/14/2011A lovely experience awaits you when you open the door and see the Atlantic ocean in all its glory. Dining on the Terrace is a real treat! Great food, wonderful service, nice people who recognize return customers. Always want to come back and eat in the sunshineSpecial Features:
- great way to spend a sundayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/3/2011great way to spend a sunday afternoon. having lunch and enjoing your company, and relaxing with a cool drink while watching the ocean waves running up the beach. it's a great sight, making it a restfull and pleasent day.Special Features:
- Nice menu with plenty of options.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 3/14/2011Nice menu with plenty of options. service was sharp and food was excellent. Best part of this place is the location...Right on the beach, so the view was just beautiful...Special Features:
- background music was a littleOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2011background music was a little loud, but over all outstanding, already recommended and our friends love it. the service could havebeen more professional. great spot for lunch!!looking forward to returning next year!!( did not serve side dish they were supposed with our meal)Special Features:
- As always, that fabulous oceanlov2eatVIPDined on 2/24/2011As always, that fabulous ocean view, and delicious offerings make this a wonderful place to lunch. The terrace is delightful.Special Features:
- Extremely boring food. "ShortjcptxVIPDined on 2/11/2011Extremely boring food. "Short Rib" Sandwich tasted more like brisket that needed another 8 hours to slow cook, extremely tough and smothered in sauce, nothing special here. Fish and Chips were ok. Fries were pretty good. Won't go back.
- Excellent formal alternativePBGdinerVIPDined on 2/9/2011Excellent formal alternative to the Terrace. Well worth a visit, especially for a celebration. don't let the fact that it is a hotel restaurant put you off. Superb food, and a must for fred chicken lovers - trust me, this one is unique and a signature dish.Special Features:
- Hidden between the Ritz Carltonlov2eatVIPDined on 2/3/2011Hidden between the Ritz Carlton in Manalapan (1 mile away) and the prestigious Four Seasons Hotel (the next driveway), and adjacent to Johnny G, this is a special place to enjoy a fabulous view while eating delicious food at the Terrace Bistro. The menu is wonderful, and the service is very caring and concerned. We always look forward to this on a sunny afternoon, when the ambience is at its most wonderful. Delicious, well prepared foord makes it special!Special Features:
- The jazz-brunch is a veryYanaVIPDined on 12/26/2010The jazz-brunch is a very good idea. We had a nice table with a view towards the beach. The salmon and the patty melt are very good lunch entrees. The waiter (Oleg) was so nice and overall we had a nice experience.Special Features:
- Oomphoy was once a Hiltonlov2eatVIPDined on 12/23/2010Oomphoy was once a Hilton hotel (though not affiliated with the chain). It has since been transformed into tru Palm Beach luxury status, and the Ocen Terrace with food by noted chefMichelle bernstein is fantaastic It transforms everyday items into luxury luncheons! Overlooking the Atlantic Ocean in all its glory makes everything taste even better!! We can't wait to return. It takes outdoor dining to a brand new level!!Special Features:
- Attended on Thanksgiving DayOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2010Attended on Thanksgiving Day for lunch -- it was a prix fixed meal, and it was excellent! Great service, great view -- you are right on the beach, and there is a glass windscreen so you get to see the sparkling ocean without your food and drinks being blown over. Our server Brandon was knowledgeable and great, as well as Ilphonse and Oleg, his assistants. We were also visited by a manager and the host -- lots of people checking in to make sure we were happy. Thank you for a wonderful and memorable Thanksgiving 2010. We'll be back!Special Features:
- I would agree as other reviewsFINEDININGCAPVIPDined on 10/31/2010I would agree as other reviews have said, "service is not up to the caliber of this kind of restaurant. Food and ambiance were both so good that I couldn't rate the restaurant less than very good overall.Special Features:
- the former Hilton hotel gotlov2eatVIPDined on 10/21/2010the former Hilton hotel got a brand new face lift, and is an exciting, wonderful place to lunch (or brunch)..haven't done dinner there yet. The setting is as wonderful as any tropical hotel; the staff is attentive, caring, and knowledgeable, the foodwas fabulous, hot, tasty, and beautiful to look at. The Rosenthal china didn't hurt, either. Can't wait to go back, and see the Atlantic ocean in all its glory.Special Features: