Brandon's - Beverly Heritage Hotel
1820 Barber Lane
Milpitas, CA 95035Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $31 to $50
Brandon's - Beverly Heritage Hotel
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.beverlyheritage.com/
- Phone: 4085705470x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm, Saturday - Sunday (served at The Club): 2:00pm - 11:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday (served at The Club): 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: David McWilliam
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Cigar Room, Counter Seating, Dancing, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Brandon's award-winning kitchen provides outstanding food service to the conference facilities. The staff can design unique menus to suit your preferences and needs.
Complete Event Planning Resources
•Special event planning
•Audio visual capabilities
•A variety of rooms
A word from Brandon's - Beverly Heritage Hotel
A great selection of the finest California wines compliments the award –winning cuisine that has made Brandon’s Restaurant a south bay landmark and a Silicon Valley favorite. From great steaks to imaginative salads, from duck to lettuce wraps, the menu is both varied and contemporary. 4-Star Award Winning Cuisine. Our American & World Cuisine features prime steaks and chops, game and poultry as well as fresh seafood available daily. Our wine list features the best California wines, from nearby wine region. Quiet Atmosphere, perfect for Business or Pleasure. The Restaurant maintains a quiet and romantic ambiance, from linens to the service an exquisite dinning experience created. You can enjoy dinning in our garden patio overlooking newly renovated poolside or enjoy our elegant dinning room. We also offer two private dinning rooms for small groups and parties. For a great food in a more casual atmosphere, try the club at Brandon’s.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brandon's - Beverly Heritage Hotel reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- always a good mealScudmanDined on 5/21/2014perfect location for doing business meetings/meals. Good service all the time and the food always hit the mark. Not world class food, but good and tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014The restaurant was good with a good atmosphere and perfect for a mothers day luncheon. The food was disappointing, It was COLD. It was a buffet style and its so important the food is kept warm. I was expecting more.
- Brandon's great for brunchTribalDancerDined on 5/11/2014We went to Brandon's for Mother's Day buffet-style brunch and really enjoyed it. Excellent food selection, including breakfast items, bread and pastry assortment, seafood, entrees and veggies, fresh fruit, variety of cheeses, carving station with roast beef and ham, salads, wide selection of small desserts, and kid-friendly selections. And of course, champagne and mimosas! Friendly staff, and great service. Conveniently located near 880 freeway and Montague Expressway, ample free parking.Special Features:
- Old world service, fresh fooddustyroseDined on 4/16/2014The service was absolutely impeccable. The "sun room" was true to it's name and proved to be much too warm for a business lunch. Food was presented beautifully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brandon's not the bestInfrabillVIPDined on 3/2/2014The mushroom soup was the best. The bread was crispy and all crust. The beet salad was okay but not well seasoned. The pork chop was seasoned well but wasn't anything I couldn't have done at home. The house Cabernet was very weak and thin. The server asked how I want my pork prepared? That was weird - like I would have said rare? The experience was fine but I wanted more.
- Nice Business Lunchrun2eatDined on 2/27/2014Hadn't been for a while. Very enjoyable lunch. Food was tasty, service was great and setting was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brandon'srreactionDined on 2/14/2014food was great!!! bbq lamb appetizer superb, calamari starter likewise!!! wife had the scallops and loved them I had the ny steak and loved it!!!! service with our waiter was not so good.... slow.... maybe lazy not sure..... but could not overcome the good food....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice atmosphere, good vibe,juicysteakDined on 2/14/2014nice atmosphere, good vibe, food was good, but not great, sorry chef!Special Features:
- good service and goos foodLarryDined on 2/9/2014the waiter is vey friendly and give very good service. i recommend Brandon to anyoneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it used to be...TheGangDined on 2/6/2014We chose this place to have a nice quiet/quick lunch. The place was LOUD, the service was SLOW. We brought a cake to be served as part of our celebration, we left it with the hostess so our server could bring it to us and surprise our celebrated person. The served brought it in the box just like I gave it to the hostess! How embarrassing!!! Very disappointed... Thanks, Erika
- Good but lackingTerrbearDined on 1/24/2014Even on a Friday evening, Brandon's was empty. The bar had more people than the restaurant. The food was very good, and in its favour, came to our table perfectly cooked and HOT. Nothing like tepid soup and entrees to ruin a meal. There seemed to be only one waiter, and although not busy, we had to ask him to take our cocktail order. He did have a good sense of humour, and even found a box of chocolate milk for my son that probably belonged to one of the staff. Unfortunately, even with the good food, the prices were higher than the ambiance warranted.
- Downhillrich1116VIPDined on 1/17/2014This is go-to place for a business lunch in Milpitas, but something has changed in the last 6 months. Seared ahi now is semi-grilled, the crab cakes shrunk and seem to be made of sponge, chicken in the curry is not cooked all the way through. What was a 4-star experience is now 2-stars at best. Our lunch party left half our food un-eaten. I suggest management looks at this quick before people start to flee and make a longer drive for something better.
- Poor ServiceanonymousDined on 10/18/2013It's restaurant week and I wanted to check out this restaurant. I made a reservation and was really excited to go. Our reservation was set for 7 pm. We arrived about 15-20 minutes early and figured we would be able to be seated early. There was no one to greet us at the host desk. We waited around and no one ever came out to greet us. I saw someone who looked as if they worked there and I thought she would have come seat us. She just walked away. Then, a server came out to check the computer at the host desk. He just walked away. I ended up waiting for about 20 minutes before we left. I was looking forward to trying this place out, but because of the lack of service, I probably won't be returning.
- business meeting type placeorangeman07Dined on 10/17/2013The food was good. The scene was more for having a business lunch/dinner meeting.when I came here, it was a bit under staffed. The hostess had to serve us instead of the other waiters. My two friends and I went for the p Overall, not bad but not anything special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business LunchmenehuneVIPDined on 10/10/2013Always available for walk-in and the menu is just right for casual business lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Executive Chef David McWilliamWinopaulDined on 9/7/2013We heard that Chef David was just hired at Brandon's. We have visit several of his restaurants over the years and love his style of cooking. He's very innovative and well trained. He just arrived at Brandon's recently and he is still working off the old menu. He assured us that "his" menu was in the works. We will return shortly to taste his creations. He has worked at The Garden's of Avila, AP Stumps, and Los Gatos Brewing Company over the years.Special Features:
- Okay for a stopBrLuncherDined on 5/17/2013Brandon's was okay for someplace to go for a quiet meeting. The service was a bit missing as a good deal of the time the only people in the dining area were the busboys, no waiter in sight for fifteen minutes at a time in either dining areas. So after waiting for a waiter to appear, things go well with an initial order, food comes expediently, but in the interim and afterwards if you are looking for a waiter they are not in the dining areas. The food is usually of acceptable quality, but given the the types of dishes offered, they aspire to be a lot better but perhaps suffer from a less experienced chef. The meat sauce appears to have been from a bottle and the pasta may not have been drained properly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day BrunchJCsinkDined on 5/12/2013For the past 3 years we have gone to Brandon's for Mother's Day Brunch. This year it didn't seem as busy as in previous years, but the food was still fantastic. There are enough choices for everyone's tastes. My favorite is the lamb and their Eggs Benedict. The service was a bit slow this time, but nothing worth complaining about (since it is a busy day). Everyone had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here goes my opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013I've been going to Moms day for the past 4 or 5 years now. Love the service and the champagne keeps on coming. The waiters are very good. However, this year we were a little disappointed in the food. The asparagus in eggs, did not like although I love asparagus...When 12 noon began, they should have immediately brought out a new prime rib, when I got it, there must have been a 2 1/2 inch piece left, (just get a new one).....The chicken was OK. If it wasn't for the attentiveness of the staff and the nice location, I don't think I would return for the food.....I hope to come back next year, if I'm still around, and hope that the buffet selections are better tasting. All in all I did enjoy my day.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding brunch for all ages!TribalDancerDined on 5/12/2013Brandon's offers great variety in their all-you-can-eat buffet--all the typical brunch fare (breakfast foods, breads & pastries, fresh fruit, veggies and other entrees), and a wonderful selection of raw oysters and other seafood, leg of lamb, roast beef, small or standard size Eggs Benedict, interesting salads, and small or standard size desserts. I like the small portions, as it gives me a chance to try more things without overdoing it! Coffee, juice, champagne, and mimosas are included. There is also a special kids buffet (chicken nuggets, fries, pancakes, cookies, etc) in case they're not up to the adult fare. Nice atmosphere. The staff is friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeacefulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/12/2013The food was delicious service was good, i only has 1 issue and it was difficult. The area where the food was set up was away from the dinning area. That was a good idea but when reservations are made they should accommodate the elderly and handicap. They place us in the farthest corner at the end of the restaurant and my mother could not walk with her walker and food at the same time.Special Features:
- I hadn't been to Brandon'sThePegsterDined on 3/20/2013I hadn't been to Brandon's in 10 years and wondered if their food would live up to the excellent experiences I'd had in the past. Happy to say -- the food is still delicious! I recognized one of the wait staff. All as friendly and helpful as can be. I'll go again.Special Features:
- I had made a special requestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/7/2013I had made a special request on Open Table for a booth for two for a special occassiion. I called and checked and they had the note and could accomodate us. When I arrived there were not booths. Bit disappointment given special occassion.
- The combinaton of a lightIkeDDined on 2/13/2013The combinaton of a light airy dining environment coupled with delicious food and enjoyable wait staff, made this experience delightful both for me and my guests. Thank you.Special Features:
- Overpriced and Under ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/29/2013The first sign it was not going to be a good night is when I sat down and the wine glass in front of me was noticeably cracked. In a restaurant that charges this kind of money, I expect them to pay attention to the details. It was well lit, almost too much, and not very crowded. The mushroom soup was bland. I ordered the rib-eye...the meat was tough and the peppercorn sauce was just okay. The best part of the meal was the green beans. Service was scattered and coffee at the end of the meal was warm at best. I would definitely not go out of my way to eat here. The person I had dinner with was staying at the hotel and mentioned that the breakfast there was okay.
- Nice, but nothing very special.PacificaJayVIPDined on 1/25/2013Nice, but nothing very special. However, not many places in that area to take clients to lunch.
- The Lunch Menu looks interestingHankDined on 1/24/2013The Lunch Menu looks interesting and is varied. The food was served with a fair bit of speed. However, the Asian Chicken Salad was a fairly simple salad with a few canned tangerine, a very weak ginger dressing, and several large chucks of chicken that had not absorbed any of the giner flavor. One of us had a Seafood combination and returned it for an alternate meal because the fish did not taste fresh. Overall, we were disappointed.
- diner food is betterOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/17/2013Stale bread. Mushroom bisque same as can of Campbell's "cream of mushroom". Would not recommend.
- Best place to have lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/15/2012Same as my previous review. The best place to host a casual or business lunch in the Milpitas San Jose area.Special Features:
- Perfect place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2012My usual cantine for lunch. Great menu, great food, tadty food, perfect place to get confidential lunch meeting. Great service, waiters are ver accomodating. I would recommend the Seafood Louis salad. Always fresh with the best infredients you can find in town.Special Features:
- Was a very nice evening asOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/7/2012Was a very nice evening as I shared dinner with my boss & a coworker. We all enjoyed very much!Special Features:
- Requested a table where weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/30/2012Requested a table where we were able to have a business discussion and the staff was VERY accommodating. Attentive, very pleasant staff from hostess to wait staff to busing.Special Features:
- Usually eat lunch with a smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2012Usually eat lunch with a small group of ex co-workers every 6 months or so. We always choose Brandon's because it is centrally located, the food is good and the service is efficient but not overbearing. I'd recommend Brandons for small get-togethers and business meetings/lunches.Special Features:
- When I arrived at 8:15pm,OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/24/2012When I arrived at 8:15pm, there was noone at the front desk. Waited around about 2-3 minutes, then peeked into the restaurant and there was no one dining. Guess is was slow for a Monday so the Maitre'd had other things to do. Looked like everybody was dining in the lounge so I ended up eating in the there as well. There was only 1 hard working server to take care of 20 tables so service was a little slow.
- The waiter is awesome! I forgotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2012The waiter is awesome! I forgot his name but he is good.
- Uninspired hotel atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/1/2012Uninspired hotel atmosphere. Staff doesn’t seem very motivated. Bread was announced but never arrived…
- Above average hotel restaurantlljrDined on 7/17/2012Above average hotel restaurant but not a destination
- Black Bean soup is very good!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2012I didn't like the Sea Bass, but I was trying something new and I may just not like Sea Bass. Overall I think this is a nice place!Special Features:
- Consistently good at whatOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/24/2012Consistently good at what they do. Will go again and again.Special Features:
- It was dinner on Mother'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/13/2012It was dinner on Mother's Day. My family was the only group in the place. While the environment was clean and it was kind of fun being the only ones...the food was so-so. my family had the ahi and pork chop. That was OK. The chicken I had was clearly left over. Service was so-so, but they respectfully did not rush us.