703 Belmar Plaza
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brandlrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (732) 280-7501
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Brandl
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Custom catering is available at Brandl. Brandl offers on and off premise catering to create the ultimate dining experience in the comfort of your own home. No two experiences are the same.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 90 guests can be seated for banquets at Brandl.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Brandl 7328141879x
- Entertainment: Live jazz is performed on Friday nights and other events are regularly listed on Brandl's website such as a Night of Comedy once a month and a Night of Broadway once a month. Further details available at www.brandlrestaurant.com
- Special Events: Brandl. Now has Chef Toni from the Famous Farmingdale House cooking a five course $45 dinnner every 3rd Tuesday of the month. November 18, December 16, January 20, to name the next three. Make reservations early. We will sell out.
A word from Brandl
Innovative American cuisine offering Live Jazz on Friday nights and specials events throughout the year. Our menu features Wild Boar Chops, Crispy Duck Breast, Lazy Lobster (a whole lobster out of the shell with a sweet Asparagus Risotto & an orgasmic Vanilla Bean Cream Sauce) in addition to many seasonal favorites and specials. Brandl Restaurant is THE Dining Destination for the Jersey Shore!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brandl reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (41)great for outdoor dining (37)romantic (29)good for groups (27)hot spot (15)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- One of the best Spots on the Jersey ShoreTidesisfineDined on 11/23/2014Outstanding food and service. Love the whole feel of the place. The interesting street lights that were recovered from Belmar after the Sandy storm creates just the right light and ambiance. Excellent new menu items make for some hard choices. All the food excellent. Service is top notch as well, you never wait for anything. The whole wait staff works as a team and they really work well together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Food excellent, and super service. The chocolate soufflé is worth the wait.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could it be any louder!RichBVIPDined on 11/22/2014Reservations at 7:30 and the place was packed. We had to wait for our table. Seated in the back corner by the wall, not the best seat in the house. Greeted promptly and the staff was attentive. The problem? It was just so loud in this place that it did not lend itself to a relaxing meal. Food was good but I wont go back on s Friday or Saturday. Stopped on the way home to have dessert, in peace.
- Worth the priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Mom picked Brandl for her birthday dinner. I don't usually go for fancy cuisine, I know just how to cook my own steak, thank you. But the guys in their kitchen really knew how to put some class on the classics. Each dish was a surprise, from the brilliant bacon and pretzel crumble to the Sous vide fried chicken, who knew steam could make things so crispy? Mom loved the duck, "Oh, it's so rare to get a good moist duck done well anywhere..." And the short ribs just melted away on my tongue. Was it an expensive night out? Sure, but well worth it! Do yourself a flavor, treat yourself or someone you love to something special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!Techic4Dined on 11/16/2014Brandl consistently delivers well executed and tasty dishes. I will say however, I am always left wanting more out of their dessert selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to ParOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2014Went to Brandl during Jersey Shore Restaurant Week after quite a few times dining there before. We ordered some off menu and then two of the four of us did the Prix Fix option. My food came out really cold, like from the refrigerator cold. I sent it back and they brought it back basically microwaved to lukewarm. It was supposed to be "slow roasted pork" but looked like thin slices of hospital mystery meat. I have to pour on salt and I never add salt to anything I eat. I was sourly disappointed. If a restaurant chooses to paticipate in Restaurant Week then they should produce food at the typical level of expecation. This food was no where near what I would expect from Brandl. On our last few visits the service has gotten increasingly annoying. At Brandl, you don't have one set server and instead they all help each other out. However, it seems like someone is constantly coming over and at the end of the night it was as if they were rushing us and there were literally no other table waiting. Crossing Brandl off my list.
- ConsistenthightopDined on 11/12/2014As always, Brandl continues to impress with food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JSRWwineanddineVIPDined on 11/12/2014The three course menu for the Restaurant week was a very good sampling of how good the food is here. I added to that menu with some of the best tasting clams that I could recall. The beet salad as a starter and the poached port pear as a dessert were both pretty good, but the slow cooked pork entrée was absolutely delicious. What I experienced with the food was certainly 4 to 4 ½ stars!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the WaitluvtoeatoutDined on 11/8/2014We waited for a long time for our table (and we had reservations), however the owner was very gracious and offered us the souffle for free at the end of our meal. The food was great, the atmosphere was very energertic... in the end it was worth the wait. I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Ever!!!SuzeshoesVIPDined on 11/8/2014We came here to celebrate a family anniversary last Saturday and were delighted to find that despite a packed out room, the Service was impeccable and the food delicious, prepared to perfection!!! Thank you Brandl, for your part in making our evening memorable!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Bi-polar RestaurantmadisonjDined on 11/7/2014The food here is top-rate; we particularly enjoyed the short ribs, "lazy" lobster and poached salmon entrees, and the Brandl salad and risotto as appetizers. Certainly among the best menus on the Jersey Shore between Red Bank and Atlantic City. But the front of the house is a mess. The staff, while friendly and polite to diners, are disorganized, rushed and uncertain; worst of all, they show it (whatever happened to "never let them see you sweat"?). There were more than enough servers to staff this rather small room, so there is no excuse for the chaos. Time to hire a consultant to shape up the front of the house via training and/or replacement. And why does a BYO have a bar? Rip it out and add 2-3 more tables (and revenue).Special Features:
- Best Menu AroundJenZDined on 11/1/2014I haven't been to Brandl in a while - the menu was different. It was pretty special - they have about 6 different items that are sous vide and tons of sides that were all delicious like spicy cauliflower and roasted brussel sprouts. And they served local (very local) oysters. We went for a friends birthday and many other people were too. We got the chocolate souffle as well. It is just a place that feels more special than most in the area but is also comfortable and laid back. And it is BYOB!Special Features:
- Less is not moreRonADined on 10/19/2014While some in our party found the proportions less than the plates we have previously had, I was satisfied with mine. While I was expecting to enjoy the "surf and turf' again, the lobster was presented in fine fashion and in excellent taste. Delicious!Special Features:
- Try the Sous-Vide !TomfromNJVIPDined on 10/18/2014The Sous-Vide Duck was terrific, wonderfully tender without being underdone as can sometimes happen with duck breast. The venue is casual and service was very attentive.Special Features:
- excellemt foodStellyDined on 10/18/2014I would recommend this restaurant in a heartbeat the food and service were beyond excellent!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of sixBobhDined on 10/17/2014All six of us loved our food and the service. I had not eaten inside before and thought the decor was very nice. Brandl is definitely on my rotation from now onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant!BobMDined on 10/14/2014Brandl is my favorite restaurant. The food is excellent and the servers can't do enough to please you.Special Features:
- Quality Food experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Yes, the some of the portions are small, but the flavors are huge. A must go and a must taste experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu limited. Way overpriced.ArmsauceDined on 9/27/2014Service excellent. Food excellent. Will not return based on $$$$. Too many options in area. Any other quality byob you can save 25%. Typical French arrogance.Special Features:
- Amazing Food!RodneyukDined on 9/23/2014Excellent food, good enough for foodies & a BYOB too!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceTidesisfineDined on 9/20/2014I just love this restaurant. The food is always excellent, the staff is friendly and attentive and the new wall of paintings is fun and colorful. A fun romantic spot that is very consistent.Special Features:
- ExcellentpeebsmomDined on 9/17/2014I have eaten at Brandl several times & have always had top notch food & service. It is a bit on the pricey side but the food never disappoints. It is also a BYOB, a BIG plus! I rated the noise level quiet but honestly I have always gone there on off peak times when it was not that busy. Highly recommend for that special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very good to excellent!VernDined on 9/16/2014We have been to Brandl's many times and have recommended it to many people! It is a great place and the food is great! The white chocolate raspberry soufflé was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice dining experienceLainer105Dined on 9/16/2014We are locals and tend to visit this establishment before or after the summer season. We took friends there who wanted to try the restaurant, needless to say it did not disappoint. The Signature Lazy Lobster Dish was a hit! The rack of lamb was cooked to perfection as well as the NY Strip Steak, both portions were a good size for the husbands. We topped the evening off by sharing the white chocolate and dark chocolate souffle...perfect. We also like the fact that this is a BYOB...a great bottle of French wine and a great meal, what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIX PRICE SUNDAYSandyDined on 9/14/2014The Fix Price Sunday options are limited to to two choices 1: Lobster with rosioto in a vanilla bean cream sauce. The lobster was smaller than expected the size was below average, my guess 1lb or less. The avg lobster serving is a 1 1/4 lb, however, The presentation was very good, but the dish was warm when served. The salad was average and desert and coffee were good but limited choices . . The second option was braised short ribs, but we opted for the lobster and can't comment. Overall the service was good, but the food is over rated and wouldn't return as there are many other restaurants offering better value. The BYO was the best part of the night.
- Will returnhonestDined on 9/13/2014Nice evening. Mushroom soup special very good. Lobster bisque just ok. Wild boar dish was excellent. Need more vegetarian options. Good for friends. I would not say this is a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Wonderful'OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been here many times and the night is always delicious. The specials are so different and a must try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!SarahJaneVIPDined on 9/6/2014Brandl is a favorite neighborhood spot for my husband and I. Every meal is delicious! We always have such a wonderful time and the staff is always so kind and attentive. This time we had the wild boar pasta - to die for and the brick chicken, which was delicious and the perfect dish to head into fall. We absolutely love eating here!!Special Features:
- Excellent1ofthebestDined on 9/6/2014Took my son & fiancé to celebrate their engagement. The waiter was very attentive & friendly. The food was excellent. Try to make reservations. The place gets packed rather quickly from 6 pm on. So yea if you don't have reservations expect a wait because this place is that good. "loved It!" Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GFINBDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Easy to get to good locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You've got to be kidding me!MrCosDined on 9/2/2014Have eaten here several time with mixed results but went back, on a Tuesday night, after getting a special occasion coupon. Only 2 other tables seated when we arrived and it never got busier than that. We were a table of 4. 2 of the 4 entrees came to the table wrong - one had the wrong presentation as stated on the menu, the other was a completely wrong dish. Server/manager/owner (???) gave a lame excuse when notified but NEVER offered to rectify either issue! When we asked for the proper side dish for the one entrée, it was delivered, but we were then charged for it - $7 for a side of fries, REALLY?!?! Finally, after telling the server 3 times we had a coupon for a free dessert, it was charged for on the check. Will never go back.
- nj07976VIPDined on 8/31/2014not good - we arrived 5 min. early for a 7:30 reservation and were told it would be 5-10 minutes and to wait at the bar ( The restaurant doesn't serve alcohol so the bar is just a place to sit). No one asked if we wanted our wine opened while we wait. There were 3-4 tables available and we didn't get seated - so we left. When leaving the hostess said she could seat us - sorry for the wait, but understaffed. We didn't need to go through understaffed wait service so we left. PS went to Mattisse - they told us 5 min. wait at the bar. They opened our wine and served it at the bar - in 5 minutes we had a table.Special Features:
- LuvoystersDined on 8/29/2014Good food , better than the usual NJ Shore restaurant ,but the service was average at best.The desert was expensive and below average.When you charge 10 dollars for a sorbet that better be outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhylVIPDined on 8/28/2014Pleasantly surprised. Delicious food. Creative choices. Beautiful presentations Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in Every Way!!!aidanDined on 8/23/2014Consistently great experiences....from the food to the service to the chef. One of my favorite restaurants on the Jersey Shore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Style is Thai Style!Bee5Dined on 8/23/2014The Thai Style shrimp dish made the top 3 dishes I've had on the Jersey Shore! Keep up the good work! It Kicks!Special Features:
- Won't go backRedheadedfoodeeDined on 8/23/2014Started off by calling on our way to say we wld be 5 min past our res time and than being told they might give our table away. then whn we got there we had to wait 20 min for our table.... Ok ... Not great but let's see how it goes from there. Straight down hill! Server made us feel like we were bothering him by being there .. Then we ordered and we barely saw him again during the course of our meal. Tasteless food + horrible service = never going back.
- worth tryingspringlakerDined on 8/22/2014the best on the jersey shore, excellent food and service....our favorite placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014Always great and enjoyable meal love the byob not sure why I don't go there more often has been my favorite for yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceJackDined on 8/15/2014This was a restaurant on our "list" for the summer to hit. It's in a small shopping center and pretty easy to find. There was outdoor seating and it was very romantic. The food was great. We got the cheese platter, wild boar entrée, tuna app. It's a BYO which is awesome because we definitely saved money since the food is more expensive. The only complaint was the service was slow. The service was GREAT, but slow. I swear there was only one waiter working the entire restaurant. Luckily, we planned to do ONLY this all night so it was fine for us. It took about 10 minutes while we were waiting for our table to get wine glasses and our wine open. The food came out quick and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.