703 Belmar Plaza
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brandlrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7322807501x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Brandl
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Custom catering is available at Brandl. Brandl offers on and off premise catering to create the ultimate dining experience in the comfort of your own home. No two experiences are the same.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 90 guests can be seated for banquets at Brandl.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Brandl 7328141879x
- Entertainment: Live jazz is performed on Friday nights and other events are regularly listed on Brandl's website such as a Night of Comedy once a month and a Night of Broadway once a month. Further details available at www.brandlrestaurant.com
- Special Events: Brandl. Now has Chef Toni from the Famous Farmingdale House cooking a five course $45 dinnner every 3rd Tuesday of the month. November 18, December 16, January 20, to name the next three. Make reservations early. We will sell out.
A word from Brandl
Innovative American cuisine offering Live Jazz on Friday nights and specials events throughout the year. Our menu features Wild Boar Chops, Crispy Duck Breast, Lazy Lobster (a whole lobster out of the shell with a sweet Asparagus Risotto & an orgasmic Vanilla Bean Cream Sauce) in addition to many seasonal favorites and specials. Brandl Restaurant is THE Dining Destination for the Jersey Shore!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brandl reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (68)neighborhood gem (61)great for outdoor dining (56)special occasion (46)romantic (33)good for groups (29)hot spot (19)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)scenic view (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/17/2014I have eaten at Brandl several times & have always had top notch food & service. It is a bit on the pricey side but the food never disappoints. It is also a BYOB, a BIG plus! I rated the noise level quiet but honestly I have always gone there on off peak times when it was not that busy. Highly recommend for that special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always very good to excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We have been to Brandl's many times and have recommended it to many people! It is a great place and the food is great! The white chocolate raspberry soufflé was excellent!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice dining experienceLainer105Dined on 9/16/2014We are locals and tend to visit this establishment before or after the summer season. We took friends there who wanted to try the restaurant, needless to say it did not disappoint. The Signature Lazy Lobster Dish was a hit! The rack of lamb was cooked to perfection as well as the NY Strip Steak, both portions were a good size for the husbands. We topped the evening off by sharing the white chocolate and dark chocolate souffle...perfect. We also like the fact that this is a BYOB...a great bottle of French wine and a great meal, what more could you ask for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FIX PRICE SUNDAYOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014The Fix Price Sunday options are limited to to two choices 1: Lobster with rosioto in a vanilla bean cream sauce. The lobster was smaller than expected the size was below average, my guess 1lb or less. The avg lobster serving is a 1 1/4 lb, however, The presentation was very good, but the dish was warm when served. The salad was average and desert and coffee were good but limited choices . . The second option was braised short ribs, but we opted for the lobster and can't comment. Overall the service was good, but the food is over rated and wouldn't return as there are many other restaurants offering better value. The BYO was the best part of the night.
- Will returnhonestDined on 9/13/2014Nice evening. Mushroom soup special very good. Lobster bisque just ok. Wild boar dish was excellent. Need more vegetarian options. Good for friends. I would not say this is a special occasion restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 'Wonderful'OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/6/2014We have been here many times and the night is always delicious. The specials are so different and a must try. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!SarahJaneVIPDined on 9/6/2014Brandl is a favorite neighborhood spot for my husband and I. Every meal is delicious! We always have such a wonderful time and the staff is always so kind and attentive. This time we had the wild boar pasta - to die for and the brick chicken, which was delicious and the perfect dish to head into fall. We absolutely love eating here!!Special Features:
- Excellent1ofthebestDined on 9/6/2014Took my son & fiancé to celebrate their engagement. The waiter was very attentive & friendly. The food was excellent. Try to make reservations. The place gets packed rather quickly from 6 pm on. So yea if you don't have reservations expect a wait because this place is that good. "loved It!" Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GFINBDined on 9/5/2014Great food and service. Easy to get to good locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You've got to be kidding me!MrCosDined on 9/2/2014Have eaten here several time with mixed results but went back, on a Tuesday night, after getting a special occasion coupon. Only 2 other tables seated when we arrived and it never got busier than that. We were a table of 4. 2 of the 4 entrees came to the table wrong - one had the wrong presentation as stated on the menu, the other was a completely wrong dish. Server/manager/owner (???) gave a lame excuse when notified but NEVER offered to rectify either issue! When we asked for the proper side dish for the one entrée, it was delivered, but we were then charged for it - $7 for a side of fries, REALLY?!?! Finally, after telling the server 3 times we had a coupon for a free dessert, it was charged for on the check. Will never go back.
- nj07976VIPDined on 8/31/2014not good - we arrived 5 min. early for a 7:30 reservation and were told it would be 5-10 minutes and to wait at the bar ( The restaurant doesn't serve alcohol so the bar is just a place to sit). No one asked if we wanted our wine opened while we wait. There were 3-4 tables available and we didn't get seated - so we left. When leaving the hostess said she could seat us - sorry for the wait, but understaffed. We didn't need to go through understaffed wait service so we left. PS went to Mattisse - they told us 5 min. wait at the bar. They opened our wine and served it at the bar - in 5 minutes we had a table.Special Features:
- LuvoystersDined on 8/29/2014Good food , better than the usual NJ Shore restaurant ,but the service was average at best.The desert was expensive and below average.When you charge 10 dollars for a sorbet that better be outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhylVIPDined on 8/28/2014Pleasantly surprised. Delicious food. Creative choices. Beautiful presentations Would highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't go backRedheadedfoodeeDined on 8/23/2014Started off by calling on our way to say we wld be 5 min past our res time and than being told they might give our table away. then whn we got there we had to wait 20 min for our table.... Ok ... Not great but let's see how it goes from there. Straight down hill! Server made us feel like we were bothering him by being there .. Then we ordered and we barely saw him again during the course of our meal. Tasteless food + horrible service = never going back.
- worth tryingspringlakerDined on 8/22/2014the best on the jersey shore, excellent food and service....our favorite placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014Always great and enjoyable meal love the byob not sure why I don't go there more often has been my favorite for yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceJackDined on 8/15/2014This was a restaurant on our "list" for the summer to hit. It's in a small shopping center and pretty easy to find. There was outdoor seating and it was very romantic. The food was great. We got the cheese platter, wild boar entrée, tuna app. It's a BYO which is awesome because we definitely saved money since the food is more expensive. The only complaint was the service was slow. The service was GREAT, but slow. I swear there was only one waiter working the entire restaurant. Luckily, we planned to do ONLY this all night so it was fine for us. It took about 10 minutes while we were waiting for our table to get wine glasses and our wine open. The food came out quick and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read previous reviews about serviceSquanmom112Dined on 8/15/2014We did and ignored them but they are too true. We had 8:00 reservations, were seated at 8:30 and didn't get out of there until after 10:30! They waitstaff only got attentive when they were trying to close and we were still waiting for dessert... Loved the food but don't know if I will be back due to the lack of attention.Special Features:
- Manhattan dining at the shoreshoredinerDined on 8/15/2014The ceiling lanterns give the restaurant a romantic feeling whether you sit inside or outside under the awning you will find the seating comfortable and the service impeccable. The menu is creative, cooked to perfection and the presentation is a work of art. Brandi will stand up to any high end Manhattan restaurant. I am so glad we have Brandl in Belmar. A must place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findIknowgoodfoodDined on 8/15/2014very good overall. Friday fish nite great deal . food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Consistently Good foodPaulaDined on 8/8/2014Brandl is a gem in Belmar, NJ. Located in the central business district Brandl offers its patrons consistently good quality food. the dishes are flavorful and prepared with care; presentation is consistently well done, too. I visit every time I'm in Blemar throughout the year - it's a really great place when the shore is snow covered and glistening! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Bravo Brandl!patmayerrealtorDined on 8/7/2014Thank you for providing the most amazing fine dining experience in celebration of my health with friends. The service was #1 incredible. The food outstanding. Each of us had a different dinner entree and they were all delicious-- presentation beautiful as well. Thank you for providing us an enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ButBkniteoutDined on 8/5/2014The gentleman who sat us and took our order was a bit nasty. I think he is the manager and doesn't like waiting the tables. The actual waiter took our dessert order and was fantastic. On par with the level of the food. Keep the manager away from the tables please. Had we not been served by the warier we would not go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good, which is Great!WTrappDined on 8/3/2014Enjoy going here, food always consistent, great service, solid experience every time I am here. Food is always good, but doesn't blow your doors off, ambience is fine, but not outstanding, however, service is always outstanding. I like the bring your own aspect, you don't feel like your being fleeced when you get the check.Special Features:
- great foodfoodieGirlDined on 8/2/2014Really enjoyed this place with my friend. Would definitely recommend. Calamari was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but too loudNilaDined on 7/26/2014We all liked our meals, except we could not enjoy each other's company, too loudSpecial Features:
- Live musicDocDRNEMTDined on 7/26/2014Saturday evening dinner complemented with a local duo playing guitar and keyboard while singing some nice layed back covers of rock and pop. Not too loud and could still converse while outside under the canopy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!!NotHappyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Brandl is located in the Pyanoe Plaza in Belmar. On this marvelous summer evening, not only did we enjoy an excellent meal but were treated to a live free concert in the plaza. Nice atmosphere. Service, food, drink were all excellent. After tip, bill was just over $100. How can you top a night like this!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedScottDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I hit Brandl once or twice a year when we are looking for a nice dinner. We have never been disappointed by our choice. The food is always good with some favorite standbys as well as interesting specials. We enjoyed her birthday there with a group of ten a few years ago. Service was attentive midweek. We are local and avoid weekends during the season...not just here but most shore towns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a Winner!baseballnanaDined on 7/23/2014Great food, great service, friendly atmosphere! Loved the Lazy Lobster. The reclaimed lighting fixtures from the Belmar Boardwalk were terrific. We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- Best Kobe burger eversolfaterraDined on 7/22/2014Brandl is a restaurant to go back to again and again. BYOB makes is especially good. The food is always unbelievable and the menu items are very different from anywhere I've been. The Tuesday Kobe burger special lured us in, but all the food was great. The server made us feel like VIPs! Also the paintings on the wall were great conversation pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Favorite at the jersey shore I bring all my friends and guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I decided to try Brandl as part of a dinner and show package. The staff greeted us and explained the prix-fixe menu. The selection was quite generous and allowed us to sample soup, salad, two entrees and two different desserts. I had the caesar salad, which was grilled and a terrific twist. My date had the lobster bisque, which had huge chunks of lobster. My entree was the wild boar, served over noodles with a fig sauce. It tasted superb. My date had mahi-mahi which was also perfect. Dessert topped off the meal: nutmeg ice cream and creme brulee. We will definately be returning here.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerzackDined on 7/18/2014Very nice place. We had the 2 for 1 seafood dinner and it was excellent. That night it was crab cakes. They were delicious as well as the sides (fingerling potatoes and sprouts). The only negative was too much noise.Special Features:
- FluffyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Had wanetd to go to brandls's for years, finally made a reservation, truly was fabulous. great service....Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseangionoDined on 7/17/2014Came for lobster roll night meeting relatives staying in ocean Grove food terrific it's next to train station remember it's byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayharrisonDined on 7/12/2014Food good but had to wait an hour to sit down! And that was with a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latjrDined on 7/12/2014I love the atmosphere of the restaurant and particularly the front windows and the ceiling. The food is consistently great - whether it's the regular items like the incredible short rib or the specials like the chilled apricot soup. Service is always efficient and professional, and everyone is focused on ensuring you have a terrific experience. The servers all work together like a team and ensure you are being taken care of. We truly enjoy every vist to Brandl and just wish we managed to get there more. Whether it's for a special occasion or just a night out, it always feels right.Special Features:
- Nice place with good foodisla88Dined on 7/11/2014Place was a bit frantic when we arrived. Good variety on the menu, prices are a bit high and portions are smaller. Our waiter did not tell us about any specials which we noticed other tables receiving items that were not on the menu. The oysters shooters is a great appy. I had Mahi which was good but very small piece of fish for $30 and my wife had the Ahi which she said was a bit overcooked. BYO is always a nice feature. Place is pretty and outdoors tables are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Would go there again for all the right reasons: food, service, atmosphere, optional seating, etc. However, I would not go there to celebrate any special occasion since they could not address a simple request to include a candle on the $24. dessert for my girlfriend's birthday. The request was made at the time of the online reservation and a follow-up call the day before did not insure that a candle would be presented. It would've been nice touch - opportunity lost!Special Features: