703 Belmar Plaza
Belmar, NJ 07719Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.brandlrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7322807501x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00 - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Wild Game, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chris Brandl
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Entertainment, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Custom catering is available at Brandl. Brandl offers on and off premise catering to create the ultimate dining experience in the comfort of your own home. No two experiences are the same.
- Private Party Facilities: Up to 90 guests can be seated for banquets at Brandl.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Brandl 7328141879x
- Entertainment: Live jazz is performed on Friday nights and other events are regularly listed on Brandl's website such as a Night of Comedy once a month and a Night of Broadway once a month. Further details available at www.brandlrestaurant.com
- Special Events: Brandl. Now has Chef Toni from the Famous Farmingdale House cooking a five course $45 dinnner every 3rd Tuesday of the month. November 18, December 16, January 20, to name the next three. Make reservations early. We will sell out.
A word from Brandl
Innovative American cuisine offering Live Jazz on Friday nights and specials events throughout the year. Our menu features Wild Boar Chops, Crispy Duck Breast, Lazy Lobster (a whole lobster out of the shell with a sweet Asparagus Risotto & an orgasmic Vanilla Bean Cream Sauce) in addition to many seasonal favorites and specials. Brandl Restaurant is THE Dining Destination for the Jersey Shore!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Brandl reviews from OpenTable diners
110 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)neighborhood gem (55)great for outdoor dining (51)special occasion (43)romantic (32)good for groups (25)hot spot (17)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Won't go backRedheadedfoodeeDined on 8/23/2014Started off by calling on our way to say we wld be 5 min past our res time and than being told they might give our table away. then whn we got there we had to wait 20 min for our table.... Ok ... Not great but let's see how it goes from there. Straight down hill! Server made us feel like we were bothering him by being there .. Then we ordered and we barely saw him again during the course of our meal. Tasteless food + horrible service = never going back.
- worth tryingspringlakerDined on 8/22/2014the best on the jersey shore, excellent food and service....our favorite placeSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/16/2014Always great and enjoyable meal love the byob not sure why I don't go there more often has been my favorite for yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceJackDined on 8/15/2014This was a restaurant on our "list" for the summer to hit. It's in a small shopping center and pretty easy to find. There was outdoor seating and it was very romantic. The food was great. We got the cheese platter, wild boar entrée, tuna app. It's a BYO which is awesome because we definitely saved money since the food is more expensive. The only complaint was the service was slow. The service was GREAT, but slow. I swear there was only one waiter working the entire restaurant. Luckily, we planned to do ONLY this all night so it was fine for us. It took about 10 minutes while we were waiting for our table to get wine glasses and our wine open. The food came out quick and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Read previous reviews about serviceSquanmom112Dined on 8/15/2014We did and ignored them but they are too true. We had 8:00 reservations, were seated at 8:30 and didn't get out of there until after 10:30! They waitstaff only got attentive when they were trying to close and we were still waiting for dessert... Loved the food but don't know if I will be back due to the lack of attention.Special Features:
- Manhattan dining at the shoreshoredinerDined on 8/15/2014The ceiling lanterns give the restaurant a romantic feeling whether you sit inside or outside under the awning you will find the seating comfortable and the service impeccable. The menu is creative, cooked to perfection and the presentation is a work of art. Brandi will stand up to any high end Manhattan restaurant. I am so glad we have Brandl in Belmar. A must place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/15/2014very good overall. Friday fish nite great deal . food was very goodSpecial Features:
- Consistently Good foodPaulaDined on 8/8/2014Brandl is a gem in Belmar, NJ. Located in the central business district Brandl offers its patrons consistently good quality food. the dishes are flavorful and prepared with care; presentation is consistently well done, too. I visit every time I'm in Blemar throughout the year - it's a really great place when the shore is snow covered and glistening! Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Bravo Brandl!patmayerrealtorDined on 8/7/2014Thank you for providing the most amazing fine dining experience in celebration of my health with friends. The service was #1 incredible. The food outstanding. Each of us had a different dinner entree and they were all delicious-- presentation beautiful as well. Thank you for providing us an enjoyable evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food ButBkniteoutDined on 8/5/2014The gentleman who sat us and took our order was a bit nasty. I think he is the manager and doesn't like waiting the tables. The actual waiter took our dessert order and was fantastic. On par with the level of the food. Keep the manager away from the tables please. Had we not been served by the warier we would not go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good, which is Great!WTrappDined on 8/3/2014Enjoy going here, food always consistent, great service, solid experience every time I am here. Food is always good, but doesn't blow your doors off, ambience is fine, but not outstanding, however, service is always outstanding. I like the bring your own aspect, you don't feel like your being fleeced when you get the check.Special Features:
- great foodfoodieGirlDined on 8/2/2014Really enjoyed this place with my friend. Would definitely recommend. Calamari was the best I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, but too loudNilaDined on 7/26/2014We all liked our meals, except we could not enjoy each other's company, too loudSpecial Features:
- Live musicDocDRNEMTDined on 7/26/2014Saturday evening dinner complemented with a local duo playing guitar and keyboard while singing some nice layed back covers of rock and pop. Not too loud and could still converse while outside under the canopy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!!NotHappyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Brandl is located in the Pyanoe Plaza in Belmar. On this marvelous summer evening, not only did we enjoy an excellent meal but were treated to a live free concert in the plaza. Nice atmosphere. Service, food, drink were all excellent. After tip, bill was just over $100. How can you top a night like this!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedScottDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I hit Brandl once or twice a year when we are looking for a nice dinner. We have never been disappointed by our choice. The food is always good with some favorite standbys as well as interesting specials. We enjoyed her birthday there with a group of ten a few years ago. Service was attentive midweek. We are local and avoid weekends during the season...not just here but most shore towns.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a Winner!baseballnanaDined on 7/23/2014Great food, great service, friendly atmosphere! Loved the Lazy Lobster. The reclaimed lighting fixtures from the Belmar Boardwalk were terrific. We look forward to a return visit!Special Features:
- Best Kobe burger eversolfaterraDined on 7/22/2014Brandl is a restaurant to go back to again and again. BYOB makes is especially good. The food is always unbelievable and the menu items are very different from anywhere I've been. The Tuesday Kobe burger special lured us in, but all the food was great. The server made us feel like VIPs! Also the paintings on the wall were great conversation pieces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/19/2014Favorite at the jersey shore I bring all my friends and guestsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2014I decided to try Brandl as part of a dinner and show package. The staff greeted us and explained the prix-fixe menu. The selection was quite generous and allowed us to sample soup, salad, two entrees and two different desserts. I had the caesar salad, which was grilled and a terrific twist. My date had the lobster bisque, which had huge chunks of lobster. My entree was the wild boar, served over noodles with a fig sauce. It tasted superb. My date had mahi-mahi which was also perfect. Dessert topped off the meal: nutmeg ice cream and creme brulee. We will definately be returning here.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dinnerzackDined on 7/18/2014Very nice place. We had the 2 for 1 seafood dinner and it was excellent. That night it was crab cakes. They were delicious as well as the sides (fingerling potatoes and sprouts). The only negative was too much noise.Special Features:
- FluffyVIPDined on 7/17/2014Had wanetd to go to brandls's for years, finally made a reservation, truly was fabulous. great service....Special Features:
- pleasant surpriseangionoDined on 7/17/2014Came for lobster roll night meeting relatives staying in ocean Grove food terrific it's next to train station remember it's byob.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayharrisonDined on 7/12/2014Food good but had to wait an hour to sit down! And that was with a reservation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- latjrDined on 7/12/2014I love the atmosphere of the restaurant and particularly the front windows and the ceiling. The food is consistently great - whether it's the regular items like the incredible short rib or the specials like the chilled apricot soup. Service is always efficient and professional, and everyone is focused on ensuring you have a terrific experience. The servers all work together like a team and ensure you are being taken care of. We truly enjoy every vist to Brandl and just wish we managed to get there more. Whether it's for a special occasion or just a night out, it always feels right.Special Features:
- Nice place with good foodisla88Dined on 7/11/2014Place was a bit frantic when we arrived. Good variety on the menu, prices are a bit high and portions are smaller. Our waiter did not tell us about any specials which we noticed other tables receiving items that were not on the menu. The oysters shooters is a great appy. I had Mahi which was good but very small piece of fish for $30 and my wife had the Ahi which she said was a bit overcooked. BYO is always a nice feature. Place is pretty and outdoors tables are nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/10/2014Would go there again for all the right reasons: food, service, atmosphere, optional seating, etc. However, I would not go there to celebrate any special occasion since they could not address a simple request to include a candle on the $24. dessert for my girlfriend's birthday. The request was made at the time of the online reservation and a follow-up call the day before did not insure that a candle would be presented. It would've been nice touch - opportunity lost!Special Features:
- Always a great dinner hereHankVIPDined on 7/5/2014Paul and his team run a great fine dining restaurant that has stood the test of time. We are always welcomed here like old friends and never feel rushed or hurried. This Saturday night they had some big parties but still managed to cover inside and out with professional service. The food that Chris offers his guests is excellent and the Friday night 2 for 1 fresh fish deal is a winner. If you haven't been here you need to go soon. During the week they have a "value meal" for $ 30.14 that is tasty. I always enjoy eating here and you will too if you like fine dining. We go all year long so if the underdressed summer crowd is not your thing they are here off season to serve excellent food. Save room for dessert. Bring some great wine and enjoySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/4/2014Brandl has been our Friday night favorite for years, especially because of their Friday night fish special. The staff has been there for years depicting the stability of the restaurant and make us truly feel like family when we are there. Don't get me wrong, other nights are equally as good as is their truck up near the ocean in Belmar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- hidden gemjackscriticDined on 7/2/2014BYOB was great. Food excellent. It was in a shopping center but it felt as though we were dining on the water somewhere.Special Features:
- Excellent!BobMDined on 6/27/2014Brandl is my favorite restaurant, period. The food is excellent, wonderful service, and waiters with personalities. I highly recommend Brandl's!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so soOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/27/2014My husband I went to Brandl for dinner the past Saturday night. We had reservations at 6:00. We were seated right away and the restaurant was very empty. We had two appetizers that we shared. They were crab and tuna. $16 a piece. They were VERY small for that price. For dinner my husband had the filet and I had mahi mahi. Both were good, better size portion, but not outstanding. We left our wine cooler bags that we brought our wine in. I called the next day and left a message and no one has bothered to call me back.
- Great placeBarbaraVIPDined on 6/26/2014Great food. Great service. Love this place. Outdoor dining now and a bring your own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot, great foodjerseykeekDined on 6/20/2014My husband and I loved eating here. We went on Friday night and sat outside by request to hear the pyano plaza friday night concert during our dinner. It was a great setting and we had a wonderful time. The food was delicious. I got the lobster risotto and he got the rack of lamb, we started with the crab cakes (which were melt in your mouth). I will definitely recommend this restaurant to my friends and we cant wait to go back! Service was top notch and all of the servers were very friendly and attentive.Special Features:
- Brandl does it againBelmarbestDined on 6/14/2014Have been coming here for a few years and it only gets better. Chris Brandl does an exceptional presentation of quality food. His recent attention to decor has only added to the ambience.Special Features:
- Fine dining in a casual atmosphereBelmarlocalDined on 6/13/2014Brandl never fails to please in terms of interesting choices, and lovely presentations. We dined in the covered outdoor area, which was perfect for the stormy night - we did not get wet, and got to enjoy watching the storm come in. Inside was very loud, as there were a few very large groups seated, which isn't unusual. If you prefer a quieter atmosphere, choose outside seating if available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!BobMDined on 6/13/2014Family dinner for four adults was wonderful. Great food and friendly, timely service, all added for a memorable evening. We are still talking about the dark chocolate soufflé. I would highly recommend dinner there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanimalDined on 6/12/2014This is an outstanding choice. Let's put it this way, I am sorry that I haven't already been there. Awesome place that is an absolute must. As for Ramone the waiter.Special Features:
- DisappointingtommVIPDined on 5/31/2014My wife and I went to Brandl on Saturday May 31. We hadn't been to Brandl in about a year and a half. Our reservation was for 8pm. The restaurant was packed. The noise level was deafining. The wait staff seemed overwhelmed and confused. We ordered the crab cocktail and the chicken wings. The crab was good. The wings were ok. I found a hunk of unrecognizable deep fried "chicken part" thrown onto the plate. I didn't eat it because I couldn't figure out what it was. The wait between courses was very long. For dinner we ordered the Wild Boar over pasta and the beef short rib. The boar was passable but a little too salty. The short rip however was nothing but a cold hunk of meat. Obviously not microwaved long enough.
- Very disappointingFrequentDinerDined on 5/24/2014When we asked for wine glasses, we were initially told none were left. The waiter eventually brought them. We were never offered a bucket to chill our wine and after asking, we needed to wait until other people left to get their bucket. The entrees were very delayed in being served. The brussel sprout side was served 15 minutes after the entrees and arrived at the table totally charred. The waiter took it off the bill. The noise level in the restaurant was deafening. Given the high prices and poor service, and uneven food quality, we will not return to Brandl.