158 S Brand Blvd
Glendale, CA 91204Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.brand158.com/
- Phone: (818) 305-2861
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday : Closed all day
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Pizzeria
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, View
- Entertainment: Music, Digital Art Walls, Sports. Brand158 raises the bar with its architectural design, materials choices, and layout.
Seated comfortably in chairs that swivel, our guests can be seen relaxing and enjoying the view just across the street, inside the beautiful Americana.
The massive video wall sitting high across the back bar was designed around the core function of displaying art and entertainment, on 4K screens.
A word from Brand 158
"Tip-top service matches the dining at Brand 158...All the things we ate and drank were tasty and over half were bordering on heavenly...The atmosphere inside is cool and modern with video art over the bar and a dramatic Aguila espresso machine in full view."Continued
By Lisa Dupuy
Glendale News Press / LA Times
By Lisa Dupuy
Glendale News Press / LA Times
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Brand 158 - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
Brand 158 reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (17)good for groups (16)neighborhood gem (16)great for outdoor dining (15)vibrant bar scene (9)fit for foodies (8)late-night find (7)hot spot (6)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)romantic (2)notable wine list (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Fair ExperienceStarcatcherDined on 11/8/2014We have been to Brand 158 several times and enjoyed our experience. This time, not so much. The service was really poor and the food was under cooked and bland. Parking pricey. We were able to find parking on the street on previous visits. This time we had to give our car to the valet.Special Features:
- All around great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014The food was fantastic! Service was stellar! Prices very reasonable!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish!tappy2Dined on 10/25/2014I have a few dietary restrictions and can struggle with finding a place to accomodate that. Brand 158 had plenty of options for me to chose from and the food was excellent. Our waiter was attentive and friendly as well. I will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great food and fun.FoodiewannabeDined on 10/6/2014We went on a Monday night, and there were only about 20 other people there. We got a table by the window right away, and our server was right there. We had a salad, a pizza and an entree, and all were excellent. My pizza was chewy and crisp and the white cheese, pear and arugula topping was really tasty. I had a house salad, and cracked on a pit left in an olive, and they took it off the bill. This is a truly wonderful restaurant, that I would highly recommend for a casual night out. I didn't care for all the television screens playing sports, but we were able to block that our after a while.Special Features:
- Wonderfulmimi10019VIPDined on 9/13/2014I will come again. We had excellent service. It was a very pleasant atmosphere. I think the manager was there. If so, he was very kind. Clean, comfortable. The food was OK -minus the apple crisp which was EXCELLENT! I think they will only get better We will be back. Very expensive valet. Try them out!
- Gone downhillAngelsFanVIPDined on 9/12/2014The service has suffered at this place and now they add a 15% automatic service charge...where when this placed opened up they prided themselves on a dining experience with no tipping.
- Please ReadPerfectionVIPDined on 8/31/2014When Brand 158 first opened I was excited about it and went there several times, introducing family, friends, and colleagues to it. However, my recent visit left me extremely aggregated. Not only did they raise their prices, equaling the same as if you were suppose to have lunch at the Montage in Beverly Hills,, for example, but also they added this new 15% service fee. The unique aspect for the place is they do not take any tips from the customers, which is all and great, but if you are going to change the menu and raise it's prices, add the service fee, and still state on your tab that you do not accept tips from your customers, that makes all of that much ridiculous. Not to mention that the food is merely mediocre in comparison.
- deliciousYumyumDined on 8/28/2014The food is great! You must try the bacon leek pizza. It's amazing. Truffle fries and burrata are also great! Beer is only 3.95!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brand 158 ReviewbrunchesandhunchesDined on 8/27/2014I had been wanting to try Brand 158 for some time and mostly great reviews from friends and family, my mom and I decided to make a reservation and head over. The company website vigorously states that "tips are not accepted" as they follow a unique form of customer service and pay their employees better than most restaurants. What they fail to mention is that for the extremely mediocre food, a 15% "service fee" is added to each bill, regardless of party # (unless they have a unique philosophy on what is considered a large party- it was just my mom and me). Our server was attentive and friendly but not overbearing, so that was good. I would like to give Brand 158 another chance, but maybe at another meal time with a larger group.Special Features:
- Eat great food and hear each otherxpertonfoodDined on 8/25/2014Nice hip atmosphere without blaring loud music. Excellent pasta dishes, cheap fusion drinks. Easy public parking one block East. Eclectic menu with many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drink prices and no tipping!Jewls03Dined on 8/22/2014The drinks are cheap and very good. The food is okay. I think it's a little too expensive. But overall great place to hang and drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious affordable food!!!Samik81Dined on 8/1/2014This was our second time here and the food and drinks are delicious! Attentive service and well priced...can't ask for more!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A no tipping GEMClancyVIPDined on 7/29/2014I've been to Brand 158 a few times and have enjoyed every meal. They have a nice selection: small plates, salads, pizzas, pasta and main course dishes. Usually when I go with friends, we share everything so that we can sample their nice selection of food. Their no tipping policy is unique and I actually like it. The staff works as a team which is refreshing. I wish them well and will probably be back next week.Special Features:
- The following 45 reviews are from the Brand 158 reviews archive.
- Great service!LSMFTDined on 7/10/2014We are four senior ladies that meet for lunch once a month and we were anxious to try this new restaurant! The menu is in very small light print which is not the best for our age group, but we got a little more light at our table (the blind was closed) and we were fine. We kidded with the waiter about it and he said it wasn't the first time that had been mentioned. My friend and I shared a chicken wrap that was tasty and the sweet potato fries were excellent. My other two friends liked their choices, but unfortunately I can't remember what they had! Typical of our age group ; ) For desert we each had a scoop of ice cream and it was very refreshing. We loved the no tipping policy! No Open table points however! Bummer!Special Features:
- Not bad.prillyVIPDined on 7/6/2014ATMOSPHERE: The restaurant was trying way too hard to be cool/modern with all the different textures they had going on (brick wall, wooden beams, marble columns). But everything looks very new and clean. SERVICE: Kind of slow. They had no idea I had made reservations. They use tablets to take orders and my waiter seemed a little lost looking for what food to tap. Overall, they were friendly. FOOD: We ordered the mini skewer appetizer (decent), Chilean bass with potatoes (very good), sauteed mushrooms (good but a little bit bland), and the steak and fries (overcooked/tough). Also ordered the iced green tea, cool cucumber and B158 drink. Boyfriend really liked the cool cucumber. OVERALL: Good spot to hang out with pretty good food.Special Features:
- Favorite Place in Glendaleelv23Dined on 6/27/2014Outstanding food. Outstanding service. Outstanding environment. My new favorite, go-to restaurant in Glendale!!!! Delicious and hip. High quality food at a very reasonable price!!! No tips and credit cards only (cash accepted but not preferred). Love everything about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressedFoody4EverDined on 6/22/2014Decor was strange and wait staff was painfully slow. The food was not at all memorable but at least the tip is factored into the bill automatically.
- Post shopping snackLadybergVIPDined on 6/22/2014Wandered into Brand 158 needing some light fare after some time at the Americana across the street. It was a nice evening and we opted for one of the sidewalk tables. The service was great, as was the food.Special Features:
- 158 BrandBrothersGrimmsVIPDined on 6/16/2014A rest evening with a group of friends. Sitting street side on a warm summer evening was pleasant with the choice of beers and drinks available. We had some of the pizza shared among us and it was good wood fired pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fortunate FindStarcatcherDined on 6/7/2014We found Brand 158 on Trip Advisor. Many others felt like we did... that this restaurant offered a variety great food choices in an atmosphere that was brand new...contemporary and comfortable. The service was friendly and very good. Music could have been toned down a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 6/4/2014There was hardly anyone in the restaurant, and our food took forever. The service needed to be a lot better.
- early evening mealshirldickDined on 5/31/2014food was great and service was also very good. fortunately we ate out side because the noise inside was way to loud. Made a note to ourselves not to come in the winter or when it would be too cold to eat outside. BRRRRRRR. Also the inside seating was such that you practically must eat with strangers. Tables are way to close but I assume that is so you can crowd in more customers..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeMelodyDined on 5/31/2014We came to celebrate a friends Birthday and had a great time. The Alaskan sea bass was delicious. Two of my friends had the tuna and they loved it. The pizza margarita was also very good. Will recommend this place to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DennisVIPDined on 5/18/2014The meal was terrific, very imaginative choices (e.g., Mediterranean sampler with hummus, eggplant andf a third item I don't remember but that was delicious). They have a "no tipping" policy, and they mean it! The service was exceptional, and the ambience is very chic and comfortable.Special Features:
- Nice, but not recommendedbomisDined on 5/13/2014Went on a Tuesday night. We ordered the truffle fries and spinach artichoke dip to start. The starters were good. Not overly seasoned. Finally after we've been ready to order for 10 mins, we catch our servers attention. Let me point this out now. All the servers were nice, BUT they were not strong servers. We ordered the Lobster Brioche, a basic pizza, with Burger 158. Instead of fries for the side, I asked for vegetables instead. The Lobster Brioche was very bland. I felt like I was just eating bread with coleslaw. The lobsters flavor was overwhelmed with the sauce. When I tasted my vegetable it was garlic stir fried vegetables? doesn't make sense. The pizza and burger were very bland and less than mediocre. We will not be going back.Special Features:
- Fun Discovery!Borealis65VIPDined on 5/11/2014Our first time at this venue and parking can be a challenge unless you use the vale which is recommended.The service was very good and the food delicious. The lobster ravioli was drenched in a too rich sauce - less would have been better, but we did enjoy the brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREAT SERVICEhookjrDined on 5/11/2014our waitress was a doll. we felt very catered too. the rack of lamb was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClancyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Good food an interesting menu! Friendly staff. The timing between courses need some work. Our main courses were being delivered while we were still eating our salad. Enjoyed the dessert pizza - even tasted better when re-heated the next day!. Definitely go bac to try the regular pizzas and other items on the menu. Interesting twist - no tipping and no cash.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebrationLuv2dineoutDined on 4/29/2014We made a good choice to celebrate a friend's BirthDay at Brand 158. Everything was to our satisfaction. Thank YouSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Try it!lovetogooutVIPDined on 4/27/2014What a pleasant surprise! We went on an off hour on Sunday. So the place was quiet. Our server was really nice and explained the no tip/no money rules. Since we had never been before we decided to split two entrees. We got the Tequila chicken pasta and roasted chicken breast. OMG they were both sooo good. One would have been plenty for both. my son had the pepperoni & cheese pizza and he was in heaven. My picky eater just had fries and he was happy with that. No cocktails this time, but looks like a fun place to come with friends for appetizers and drinks too! Will definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good, but noise not so goodLovegoodfoodDined on 4/26/2014Food good, but noise level was too loud. Outside may be better. Also, not great wines by the glass.Special Features:
- Great concept/service lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/19/2014I was intreagued when I read about a restaurant that didn't allow cash or tips. I loved all if the thought that seemed to go into these choices, and was also impressed by the menu. Unfortunately, our waitress was not as impressive. When I asked if the soup was vegetarian/if it contained chicken or beef stock, she looked stumped. She hemmed and hawed for a little while before finally deciding to ask someone. It also seemed confusing when I ordered a club soda. I also thought that it was quite loud, although it wasn't all that busy when we arrived. In fact, the servers had a difficult time hearing us. The food was fine, but nothing so amazing that I am dying to go back.
- Very casualLovehiheelsDined on 4/16/2014Like the idea no tip no cash. Food wasn't very good in general. It's should be a ok pizza joint. Noisy with a lots of kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/15/2014There were 10 of us and every dish was very good and not having to tip saved us some money and time.Special Features:
- LOUDEmilyVIPDined on 4/10/2014I won't go back. It was too noisy to carry on a conversation. Restaurant was only half full at the time I was there. It would be horrible when the place is full.
- Bacteria clean zoneOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/3/2014No tipping allowed, and cash is not preferred for paying your bill. This restaurant is paranoid about bacteria and doesn't allow staff to handle cash. Food is decent, but too rushed. We ordered a Caesar salad starter and it came within seconds of ordering, and within minutes our entres arrived before we were a quarter into our starter. If you go tell your waiter to turn in your entre order once you're closer to finishing the starter. Strange experience, but you be the judge.Special Features:
- Great New Restaurantpmarti50Dined on 4/2/2014Great food, great service.....no tipping. Have the dessert pizzaSpecial Features:
- This is an excellent new restaurantotfansDined on 4/1/2014This is an excellent new restaurant --- varied menu, wonderful food, great service. On top of that, we like the "policies" of no tips & no cash (credit cards only), & we're glad to hear that staff is well-treated by management, too (higher-than-average wages with health benefits). Dinner bill of $85/2 people seemed a bit high but included 3 drinks & food was delicious; superb lunch for $15 was great. We've only been there twice, but will definitely go back! Menu tips:try chicken wrap, blackened sea bass, & lobster ravioli.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on the westsideMavenDined on 3/29/2014This is my second trip. I spoke to management both times and told them how much I appreciated a new (excellent) restaurant in my area. It's located in Glendale and I live in Burbank. I fell upon it by accident and bring new friends when I can. Everything I've eaten is fabulous and the service is the best. Here's the kicker--no tipping. They pay the staff an hourly wage and it does my heart good. Waiting alone at the curb for the valet to return my car, two management personnel came out to see if I was ok. This is first class treatment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really liked itGreatVIPDined on 3/29/2014Finally Glendale has a restaurant that's not a chain That is really good, special and differentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.