5820 South Vickery
Cumming, GA 30040Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (470) 253-7910
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday: 4:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Hogan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Branchwater
Branchwater feature steaks, seafood and cocktails crafted by local Chef, Todd Hogan. Join us for live music, patio dining, friendly service and the award-winning cuisine you expect from Chef Todd, in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Branchwater - Best Restaurants in Cumming ›
Branchwater reviews from OpenTable diners
47 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (29)special occasion (18)notable wine list (18)great for outdoor dining (16)vibrant bar scene (14)romantic (13)good for groups (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Always a WinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014This is my first time to use open Table, but I go to Branchwater almost once a week. They just changed their menu and I miss some of the items they had, bus as they say out with the old and in with the new. Thus menu is more casua, and less expensive than the previous. Still have great steaks and seafood. I Tried the Chicken and Biscuits Awesome! The sawmill gravy had a kick w jalapeño an maple. My wife went with a Burger and she loved it. My standing favorite is the Ribeye! We love this gemSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special event.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 11/22/2014My wife went here for a special, romantic dinner. It was perfect. We started at the bar with a few drinks. The Moscow Mule was perfect. Once seated everything went smoothly. We tried the Brussels sprouts and tuna for appetizers. Both were delicious. Dinner was the bacon marinated fillet and salmon. Again wonderful. For desert we had the creme brûlée and house made ice cream. The top of the brûlée was burnt a little but the pudding still tasted great. The ice cream was just like home. Our waiter was fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedCarrieVIPDined on 11/21/2014While the service was excellent, the food is extremely overpriced for the quality. Tried twice and we won't be back again.
- FANTASTIC!!!CarlaSDined on 11/19/2014It was our first outing to this restaurant after hearing so much about it. It was delicious and definitely will become a regular especially on Wednesday Wine Night!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent againDinerDined on 11/15/2014We tried several of the new things on the menu and loved everything. Pulled pork nachos, chili, fried chicken and a stand-by, the lobster tails (can't skip that!). Thank you, chef, we loved everything again. And our server Steven was a hoot, also. Be back as soon as the schedule allows, we love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEvcoDined on 11/15/2014We went there saturday night for our wedding anniversary the appetizers were delicious- salads were great and Our Ribeyes we're cooked to perfection !!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughTravisDined on 11/11/2014This place is absolutely amazing. The food was incredible, the service was stellar, and the drinks were delicious. Came here with my wife on a whim for our anniversary, and it made our night that much more special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Cut Above!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/9/2014Dined here on Sunday, Nov. 9 and thoroughly enjoyed the early evening ambience. Our server, Richard was very pleasant and upbeat, with a great rapport and good selection recommendations. We were there for the steaks and found them to be just as others have mentioned in reviews, fork tender! Great flavor, perfectly seared and delicious. Our date night place was Indigo for years and we found the quality of the Filet and RibEye to be equally as good if not better. We ordered the Brussel Sprout with bacon appetizer and it was very tasty. We have enjoyed dinng with Chef Todd at each of his venues and will be coming back for our date nights!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special treatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Had a lot of fun for my birthday here. Everyone was friendly and attentive. It was a good mood and a good atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/4/2014I really enjoyed my dinner at branchwater. The food was amazing. My kids even ate everything, which is unusual. Our server was friendly as was the hostees and other members of the staff. It did take our server 30 mins to come to our table and the food prep time was pretty lengthy as well. Overall it was worth the wait. The noise level was pretty high making It was difficult to have a conversation. My boyfriend (isnt a fine dinning kind of guy) wasnt impressed. The wait was too long for him especially for a price point around 20-30 per person. His biggest complaint, no sweet tea. I will be going back, but maybe the boyfriend will just have to stay at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine!idgoaing2Dined on 11/1/2014Every thing was great from the food to service. I had the ribeye and it was cooked to perfection!Special Features:
- Unexpected AwesomenessOpossumBoyDined on 11/1/2014Thought it was going to be a sports bar with institutional food heated so high it removed all flavor. . Soooo happy to be wrong on this one. The bar was warmly lit, made cozy with the dark wood interior. The staff was attentive, but never intrusive. The food was super fresh, imaginative, served professionally. The gentleman who minded our table was sincere and a great conversationalist - his management and presentation made our evening memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as usualm75lrpDined on 10/17/2014Love, this place....we had two different appetizers, four different entrées and three different deserts. All were perfect. Never in my life would I think I would eat brussel sprouts....but their brussel sprout appetizer is out of this world. After three hours, we left the restaurant very happy campers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time and not my lastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Great service, Fantastic Food Quality, and great value. I have found my "Go To " restaurant. They recognized me the second time I dined, and had a martini started for me this time! I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud restaurantdrtalkDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the restaurant, but it was loud enough that we had a hard time having a conversation without raising our voices. The waiter was great and very entertaining. The food was good, but not as good as the past two times we've been there.Special Features:
- Love it!!nskoogDined on 10/4/2014This is the 3rd time I have visited Branchwater and I love it. We have gotten fabulous meals every time we have been there and the service is always great. We will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- First time and will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I was there for business, but stayed after for fun. Great seevice, food was awesome. The menu had a fun twist to old favorites. I loved my house barrel aged bourbon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014This was not our first time, and wil make it our go to place from now on. The Lobster Mac and cheese was awesome. It had a hint of sherry fresh dill and wonderful blend of cheeses. My husband had the rib eye. Our salads we unique, we had a bread salad that is great with cracked olives and fresh mozzarella. And we had a wedge that had house made bacon. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- fairsusiqVIPDined on 9/27/2014seemed a little cheap. steak was perfectly cooked though. everything else was fair
- Awesome place!PIPERDined on 9/27/2014We don't live near by but make the drive every chance we get. Love this place, it's food and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Consistent QualityDiningdivasDined on 9/18/2014I took my wife and children to Branchwater for my wife's Birthday. We go there on a regular bases because we enjoy the food, atmosphere and staff. We have always had a wonderful dinning experience every time we have gone. So I knew it was the right choice for her Birthday. We were pleasantly surprised that the waiter we typically ask for who usually only works the weekends was working that night. Even though we were not seated in his section he arranged to wait on us and made it that much more special for her. They were out of wine they she wanted for dinner so our Shawn our waiter brought us a higher price wine choice at the same price. We will continue to go back because they truly want you to have the best experience possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much ImprovedspinnerDined on 9/17/2014Very pleasantly surprised. Had eaten lunch at Branchwater before and had not been impressed. However, our dinner was terrific. We had Grilled Grouper and Lobster Tails. Both meats were excellent. Must be someone new in the kitchen. Service was friendly and efficient. We ate on the outside patio and it was very nice. The manager came by to speak with us and thanked us for coming. A nice touch. Give Branchwater a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looking forward to the next visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Awesome Food, service is great and the wine selection is the best I have seen in tge area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was our second visit. Our service was fair at best taking 30 minutes to receive our drink order. In addition, we had to ask to have our dinner order taken. The food was great but service not so much. On our first visit they failed to bring our salad order. Again, service could be better.Special Features:
- farm to tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Chef Todd really is focused on bring the freshest ingredients together to create great meals.Special Features:
- First time... great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I like to eat good food. So, we were thrilled with Branchwater. The menu is very interesting. Both the apps (buffalo chicken quesadilla & steak and blue cheese flatbread) were impeccable. Our entrees, (ribeye & scallops) were fantastic as well. The noise level was "energetic" to say the least, but it is what it is. The wine selection was varied, and we were happy with what we ordered. All around a very good experience. It was nice to meet chef Todd as well! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerjgfergieDined on 8/14/2014Have dined at Branchwater previously so had set expectations. The food was delicious, however the service was not at the level we had experienced in the past. Our water was not filled until we finally asked toward the end of our dinner. For the price, which is very high for the area, we expect the service to be outstanding. Although the restaurant is nice, some quick updates would make it stand apart. We will return, but only for a special occasion; just too expensive for a weekly visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time Not The CharmnolongerafanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were thrilled when we heard he was opening Branchwater. We have been there three times. The third time was not the charm. When we entered the restaurant there was only one table occupied in the dining room. The host tried to seat us in the noisy bar?? Next we ordered Proseco and it was flat. The waiter was great and fresh glasses from a new bottle were brought to us. Since they did not have their signature calamari, we only ordered an entree and dessert. We both ordered fish and it was great. However, we ordered carrot cake for dessert. It was ice cold and the frosting tasted and had the consistency of butter. Sorry Chef Todd, Branchwater is not in the same league as Indigo.Special Features:
- The kind of place you always wantedSnuffyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Just want a quick glass of wine and an appetizer...perfect! Want to have a fantastic meal and a great bottle of wine...excellent Want to sit outside and have a colb beer...2 very nice patios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 138 reviews are from the Branchwater reviews archive.
- Excellent SteakHamburger83VIPDined on 7/27/2014The ribeye was fork-tender and seasoned just right. My daughter really enjoyed the lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantoutoftownerDined on 7/23/2014Visited this for the first time and went back a second time in the same week. Wednesdays a glass of wine is half off which is especially nice. We recommend this to others to try.
- Great again, personal attentionDinerDined on 7/19/2014The chef came by our table to greet us and check on our dinner, which was excellent again. We will be back to try new things on the menu that he recommended. At our table: pork chop, beef brisket, tuna appetizer & duck sliders appetizer. We also had a new wine, can't remember what kind. We never have any complaints here, good service (better with age!), great food, nice atmosphere, good music. We told the chef we'd be back soon and we will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itWishIAteOutMoreOftenDined on 7/19/2014It's nice to have an "adult" restaurant close by, but the live music was way too loud in the bar (impossible to talk over) and still loud in the restaurant. The wine list was OK but way over-priced and they do not permit you to bring in your own bottle w/ a corking fee. Decent variety of entrees, the food was good, especially the veggies (sautéed kale/spinach/peppers). Lighting too bright in restaurant. Dimming the lights and adding candles would make it far cozier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedfaithlessbDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Branchwater this past Saturday night. I know its been there for over a year but we've never thought to try it before. We really enjoyed ourselves. Our server, Steven, was great. He knows the menu and made great suggestions. I told him I was gluten free and he guided me through the menu and what could be modified. The food was delicious and the prices were great! I know that we will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Very nice interior and comfortable booth seating. Attentive waiter although never brought out the bread we requested which ended up being fine since the food was plentiful and good. Bacon wrapped filet fork tender and very flavorful along with the sides of asparagus and mashed potatoes. My husband enjoyed the beef brisket with the kick it has on the barbeque sauce but the macaroni and cheese and green beans were not a hit. The mac and cheese was dry and not very flavorful. Overall a good experience and will go back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- wonderful food!jackieDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful restaurant and great food! We decided it will be our new date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Luv2eatoutDined on 7/18/2014We had a fantastic dinner! Excellent steaks and lobster. The wedge salad was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantChantillyChicDined on 7/12/2014We recently moved to Milton and have eaten at Branchwater several times. The first time I had a question about how something was prepared and the chef came out to explain rather than the server. The chef walks around, greets customers, and truly cares if you enjoyed your meal or not. Each visit has met or exceeded expectations. We are so glad we have found this restaurant; I am a pescatarian and it is not always to find good restaurants that my husband and I can truly enjoy together. Branchwater is one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014This was a first time for us. My wife had the fried Lobster, I had the Beef Brisket, our son in law had the Prime Beef Tenderloin (that was the special) our Daughter had the Seared Diver Scallops, not one but all of the dishes were fantastic. We all shared. I look forward to going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll return...FullandhappyDined on 7/2/2014Very friendly and attentive staff (a Wednesday night). The app and entrees were solid. The deserts were mediocre. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.