5820 South Vickery
Cumming, GA 30040Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4702537910x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday: 4:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Hogan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Branchwater
Branchwater feature steaks, seafood and cocktails crafted by local Chef, Todd Hogan. Join us for live music, patio dining, friendly service and the award-winning cuisine you expect from Chef Todd, in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Branchwater - Best Restaurants in Cumming ›
Branchwater reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (39)fit for foodies (30)special occasion (22)great for outdoor dining (19)notable wine list (19)romantic (14)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (10)hot spot (7)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great as usualm75lrpDined on 10/17/2014Love, this place....we had two different appetizers, four different entrées and three different deserts. All were perfect. Never in my life would I think I would eat brussel sprouts....but their brussel sprout appetizer is out of this world. After three hours, we left the restaurant very happy campers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time and not my lastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014Great service, Fantastic Food Quality, and great value. I have found my "Go To " restaurant. They recognized me the second time I dined, and had a martini started for me this time! I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, loud restaurantdrtalkDined on 10/11/2014We enjoyed the restaurant, but it was loud enough that we had a hard time having a conversation without raising our voices. The waiter was great and very entertaining. The food was good, but not as good as the past two times we've been there.Special Features:
- Love it!!nskoogDined on 10/4/2014This is the 3rd time I have visited Branchwater and I love it. We have gotten fabulous meals every time we have been there and the service is always great. We will definitely be going back!!Special Features:
- First time and will be backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/30/2014I was there for business, but stayed after for fun. Great seevice, food was awesome. The menu had a fun twist to old favorites. I loved my house barrel aged bourbon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster to die forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2014This was not our first time, and wil make it our go to place from now on. The Lobster Mac and cheese was awesome. It had a hint of sherry fresh dill and wonderful blend of cheeses. My husband had the rib eye. Our salads we unique, we had a bread salad that is great with cracked olives and fresh mozzarella. And we had a wedge that had house made bacon. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- fairsusiqVIPDined on 9/27/2014seemed a little cheap. steak was perfectly cooked though. everything else was fair
- Awesome place!PIPERDined on 9/27/2014We don't live near by but make the drive every chance we get. Love this place, it's food and atmosphere!Special Features:
- Consistent QualityDiningdivasDined on 9/18/2014I took my wife and children to Branchwater for my wife's Birthday. We go there on a regular bases because we enjoy the food, atmosphere and staff. We have always had a wonderful dinning experience every time we have gone. So I knew it was the right choice for her Birthday. We were pleasantly surprised that the waiter we typically ask for who usually only works the weekends was working that night. Even though we were not seated in his section he arranged to wait on us and made it that much more special for her. They were out of wine they she wanted for dinner so our Shawn our waiter brought us a higher price wine choice at the same price. We will continue to go back because they truly want you to have the best experience possible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much ImprovedspinnerDined on 9/17/2014Very pleasantly surprised. Had eaten lunch at Branchwater before and had not been impressed. However, our dinner was terrific. We had Grilled Grouper and Lobster Tails. Both meats were excellent. Must be someone new in the kitchen. Service was friendly and efficient. We ate on the outside patio and it was very nice. The manager came by to speak with us and thanked us for coming. A nice touch. Give Branchwater a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- looking forward to the next visitOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014Awesome Food, service is great and the wine selection is the best I have seen in tge area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was our second visit. Our service was fair at best taking 30 minutes to receive our drink order. In addition, we had to ask to have our dinner order taken. The food was great but service not so much. On our first visit they failed to bring our salad order. Again, service could be better.Special Features:
- farm to tableOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/3/2014Chef Todd really is focused on bring the freshest ingredients together to create great meals.Special Features:
- First time... great meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I like to eat good food. So, we were thrilled with Branchwater. The menu is very interesting. Both the apps (buffalo chicken quesadilla & steak and blue cheese flatbread) were impeccable. Our entrees, (ribeye & scallops) were fantastic as well. The noise level was "energetic" to say the least, but it is what it is. The wine selection was varied, and we were happy with what we ordered. All around a very good experience. It was nice to meet chef Todd as well! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice DinnerjgfergieDined on 8/14/2014Have dined at Branchwater previously so had set expectations. The food was delicious, however the service was not at the level we had experienced in the past. Our water was not filled until we finally asked toward the end of our dinner. For the price, which is very high for the area, we expect the service to be outstanding. Although the restaurant is nice, some quick updates would make it stand apart. We will return, but only for a special occasion; just too expensive for a weekly visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time Not The CharmnolongerafanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were thrilled when we heard he was opening Branchwater. We have been there three times. The third time was not the charm. When we entered the restaurant there was only one table occupied in the dining room. The host tried to seat us in the noisy bar?? Next we ordered Proseco and it was flat. The waiter was great and fresh glasses from a new bottle were brought to us. Since they did not have their signature calamari, we only ordered an entree and dessert. We both ordered fish and it was great. However, we ordered carrot cake for dessert. It was ice cold and the frosting tasted and had the consistency of butter. Sorry Chef Todd, Branchwater is not in the same league as Indigo.Special Features:
- The kind of place you always wantedSnuffyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Just want a quick glass of wine and an appetizer...perfect! Want to have a fantastic meal and a great bottle of wine...excellent Want to sit outside and have a colb beer...2 very nice patios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakHamburger83VIPDined on 7/27/2014The ribeye was fork-tender and seasoned just right. My daughter really enjoyed the lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantoutoftownerDined on 7/23/2014Visited this for the first time and went back a second time in the same week. Wednesdays a glass of wine is half off which is especially nice. We recommend this to others to try.
- Great again, personal attentionDinerDined on 7/19/2014The chef came by our table to greet us and check on our dinner, which was excellent again. We will be back to try new things on the menu that he recommended. At our table: pork chop, beef brisket, tuna appetizer & duck sliders appetizer. We also had a new wine, can't remember what kind. We never have any complaints here, good service (better with age!), great food, nice atmosphere, good music. We told the chef we'd be back soon and we will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itWishIAteOutMoreOftenDined on 7/19/2014It's nice to have an "adult" restaurant close by, but the live music was way too loud in the bar (impossible to talk over) and still loud in the restaurant. The wine list was OK but way over-priced and they do not permit you to bring in your own bottle w/ a corking fee. Decent variety of entrees, the food was good, especially the veggies (sautéed kale/spinach/peppers). Lighting too bright in restaurant. Dimming the lights and adding candles would make it far cozier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedfaithlessbDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Branchwater this past Saturday night. I know its been there for over a year but we've never thought to try it before. We really enjoyed ourselves. Our server, Steven, was great. He knows the menu and made great suggestions. I told him I was gluten free and he guided me through the menu and what could be modified. The food was delicious and the prices were great! I know that we will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Very nice interior and comfortable booth seating. Attentive waiter although never brought out the bread we requested which ended up being fine since the food was plentiful and good. Bacon wrapped filet fork tender and very flavorful along with the sides of asparagus and mashed potatoes. My husband enjoyed the beef brisket with the kick it has on the barbeque sauce but the macaroni and cheese and green beans were not a hit. The mac and cheese was dry and not very flavorful. Overall a good experience and will go back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- wonderful food!jackieDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful restaurant and great food! We decided it will be our new date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Luv2eatoutDined on 7/18/2014We had a fantastic dinner! Excellent steaks and lobster. The wedge salad was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantChantillyChicDined on 7/12/2014We recently moved to Milton and have eaten at Branchwater several times. The first time I had a question about how something was prepared and the chef came out to explain rather than the server. The chef walks around, greets customers, and truly cares if you enjoyed your meal or not. Each visit has met or exceeded expectations. We are so glad we have found this restaurant; I am a pescatarian and it is not always to find good restaurants that my husband and I can truly enjoy together. Branchwater is one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014This was a first time for us. My wife had the fried Lobster, I had the Beef Brisket, our son in law had the Prime Beef Tenderloin (that was the special) our Daughter had the Seared Diver Scallops, not one but all of the dishes were fantastic. We all shared. I look forward to going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll return...FullandhappyDined on 7/2/2014Very friendly and attentive staff (a Wednesday night). The app and entrees were solid. The deserts were mediocre. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky to have themChrisDined on 6/27/2014I have been to Branchwater many times since they opened a year ago and I am always overly impressed with the food, I has the filet and grilled lobster tail this weekend and every bite was a foodies dream. The duck slider appetizer was great as well. They have tables in the classic bar if you like that scene and a little more noise or the dining room or outside for a quitter scene. They also make a great drink and have nice wines by the glass and bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFood4meDined on 6/27/2014Our new favorite restaurant in the area. I'm still craving the dinner I had. It was the best tasting high quality food. If I could rate it higher I would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait for the next night outPdiggDined on 6/27/2014I had high expectations going in, since the restaurant came recommended from a friend. Those expectations were still exceeded though. Hands down, one of the best steaks I have ever had. My wife had the crab stuffed flounder, which she loved. The only thing that rivaled the food was the service. Our waiter made us feel like we were the only ones there. No rushing, very attentive and friendly. Get the pretzel with beer/cheese dip, and the fresh made kettle chips with lobster dip appetizers. You won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 124 reviews are from the Branchwater reviews archive.
- Again, worth the visit & more!YummyDined on 6/21/2014A return visit was all my wife and I had hoped.....started with signature martinis at the bar, then dined on the steak and lobster tails on the welcoming and relaxing patio. The knowledgable waitstaff added to our night out with their attention to detail and warm banter. Chef Todd amazed us with his fresh approach to his menu....the flavor and preparation of the fine cut of meat were outstanding, best steak in the area hands down. Plus my wife can never get enough of their homemade pistachio cheesecake. Looking forward to our visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDinerDined on 6/20/2014Exceeded our expectations, the food was excellent and the service solid. Nice wine list, some pricey options but also moderately priced wines. Many I had not heard of. The dining room was full, but not noisy They had live music on the porch. I had a ribeye and a BLT salad, both great. Also had tuna and another salad and the tuna especially was excellent. Our waitress was good and accommodated a special request from the bar. One negative was that the parking lot was packed, but plenty of space in an adjacent lot. Overall a very good find, and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014I wanted the tuna as an appetizer. . And they did it! My salad was a little overdressed but didn't stop me from finishing it. My wife had the fritters really good.. light and full of shrimp. My lamb was amazing and she had the grouper. Nicky done very simple but pared with root mash and a pink eye succotash. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Awesome martini line up! The roster corn and shrimp fritters were fantastic. My rib eye was cook perfect. wife had the grouper and hasn't stopped talking about it.. a must in the village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome lobster!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014I had the grilled lobster, perfect. Not overdone. Tender juicy, and sweet. I also had fried oysters w smoked tarter sauce holy cow. My date had the tuna, perfectly seared with ginger style noodles ( I think home made) very fresh. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but lacks charmDCannDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is nice, but there's something odd about it that I couldn't quite pin point. The staff overall didn't seem happy to be there. No one smiled or greeted us, from the hostess stand to the bar or even when we sat down at our table. We actually had to ask the hostess to find our server because no one came over for 10 mins or so after we were sat. I won't cross the restaurant off the list permanently, as I understand everyone could have an off night, but I would hope that the customer service is improved on a future visit.Special Features:
- Slow and smallMarkBoDined on 6/14/2014It took 10 minutes for us to get a waiter to the table from the start. Then when the food did come it took a while to get it. One of the fish portions was very small.
- more than we expectRestaurantReviewer7275Dined on 6/6/2014Excellent dining, staff, wine list, beer list and patio with live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMaggieDined on 5/31/2014This was the second time we've eaten at Branchwater. The service was excellent and I love the atmosphere….casual and comfortable and yet you know you're in a good restaurant. The food is beautifully presented. All four of us ordered different meals (we all had fish) and they were all very good. I think that some of the portions are a bit skimpy. They don't have to be huge, but I had the same feeling last time, that they could increase the portion size. I love having it nearby in the neighborhood.Special Features: