5820 South Vickery
Cumming, GA 30040Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 4702537910x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 2:00am
Sunday: 4:00 - 10:00
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Todd Hogan
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
A word from Branchwater
Branchwater feature steaks, seafood and cocktails crafted by local Chef, Todd Hogan. Join us for live music, patio dining, friendly service and the award-winning cuisine you expect from Chef Todd, in a casual atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Branchwater - Best Restaurants in Cumming ›
Branchwater reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (42)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (31)great for outdoor dining (27)romantic (21)notable wine list (21)good for groups (14)vibrant bar scene (10)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice DinnerjgfergieDined on 8/14/2014Have dined at Branchwater previously so had set expectations. The food was delicious, however the service was not at the level we had experienced in the past. Our water was not filled until we finally asked toward the end of our dinner. For the price, which is very high for the area, we expect the service to be outstanding. Although the restaurant is nice, some quick updates would make it stand apart. We will return, but only for a special occasion; just too expensive for a weekly visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Third Time Not The CharmnolongerafanVIPDined on 8/1/2014We were thrilled when we heard he was opening Branchwater. We have been there three times. The third time was not the charm. When we entered the restaurant there was only one table occupied in the dining room. The host tried to seat us in the noisy bar?? Next we ordered Proseco and it was flat. The waiter was great and fresh glasses from a new bottle were brought to us. Since they did not have their signature calamari, we only ordered an entree and dessert. We both ordered fish and it was great. However, we ordered carrot cake for dessert. It was ice cold and the frosting tasted and had the consistency of butter. Sorry Chef Todd, Branchwater is not in the same league as Indigo.Special Features:
- The kind of place you always wantedSnuffyVIPDined on 7/31/2014Just want a quick glass of wine and an appetizer...perfect! Want to have a fantastic meal and a great bottle of wine...excellent Want to sit outside and have a colb beer...2 very nice patios.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent SteakHamburger83VIPDined on 7/27/2014The ribeye was fork-tender and seasoned just right. My daughter really enjoyed the lamb chops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good restaurantoutoftownerDined on 7/23/2014Visited this for the first time and went back a second time in the same week. Wednesdays a glass of wine is half off which is especially nice. We recommend this to others to try.
- Great again, personal attentionDinerDined on 7/19/2014The chef came by our table to greet us and check on our dinner, which was excellent again. We will be back to try new things on the menu that he recommended. At our table: pork chop, beef brisket, tuna appetizer & duck sliders appetizer. We also had a new wine, can't remember what kind. We never have any complaints here, good service (better with age!), great food, nice atmosphere, good music. We told the chef we'd be back soon and we will!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad we tried itWishIAteOutMoreOftenDined on 7/19/2014It's nice to have an "adult" restaurant close by, but the live music was way too loud in the bar (impossible to talk over) and still loud in the restaurant. The wine list was OK but way over-priced and they do not permit you to bring in your own bottle w/ a corking fee. Decent variety of entrees, the food was good, especially the veggies (sautéed kale/spinach/peppers). Lighting too bright in restaurant. Dimming the lights and adding candles would make it far cozier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprisedfaithlessbDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I went to Branchwater this past Saturday night. I know its been there for over a year but we've never thought to try it before. We really enjoyed ourselves. Our server, Steven, was great. He knows the menu and made great suggestions. I told him I was gluten free and he guided me through the menu and what could be modified. The food was delicious and the prices were great! I know that we will go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/19/2014Very nice interior and comfortable booth seating. Attentive waiter although never brought out the bread we requested which ended up being fine since the food was plentiful and good. Bacon wrapped filet fork tender and very flavorful along with the sides of asparagus and mashed potatoes. My husband enjoyed the beef brisket with the kick it has on the barbeque sauce but the macaroni and cheese and green beans were not a hit. The mac and cheese was dry and not very flavorful. Overall a good experience and will go back to try other dishes.Special Features:
- wonderful food!jackieDined on 7/18/2014Wonderful restaurant and great food! We decided it will be our new date night spot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date night!Luv2eatoutDined on 7/18/2014We had a fantastic dinner! Excellent steaks and lobster. The wedge salad was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantChantillyChicDined on 7/12/2014We recently moved to Milton and have eaten at Branchwater several times. The first time I had a question about how something was prepared and the chef came out to explain rather than the server. The chef walks around, greets customers, and truly cares if you enjoyed your meal or not. Each visit has met or exceeded expectations. We are so glad we have found this restaurant; I am a pescatarian and it is not always to find good restaurants that my husband and I can truly enjoy together. Branchwater is one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014This was a first time for us. My wife had the fried Lobster, I had the Beef Brisket, our son in law had the Prime Beef Tenderloin (that was the special) our Daughter had the Seared Diver Scallops, not one but all of the dishes were fantastic. We all shared. I look forward to going back soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll return...FullandhappyDined on 7/2/2014Very friendly and attentive staff (a Wednesday night). The app and entrees were solid. The deserts were mediocre. I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lucky to have themChrisDined on 6/27/2014I have been to Branchwater many times since they opened a year ago and I am always overly impressed with the food, I has the filet and grilled lobster tail this weekend and every bite was a foodies dream. The duck slider appetizer was great as well. They have tables in the classic bar if you like that scene and a little more noise or the dining room or outside for a quitter scene. They also make a great drink and have nice wines by the glass and bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFood4meDined on 6/27/2014Our new favorite restaurant in the area. I'm still craving the dinner I had. It was the best tasting high quality food. If I could rate it higher I would!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait for the next night outPdiggDined on 6/27/2014I had high expectations going in, since the restaurant came recommended from a friend. Those expectations were still exceeded though. Hands down, one of the best steaks I have ever had. My wife had the crab stuffed flounder, which she loved. The only thing that rivaled the food was the service. Our waiter made us feel like we were the only ones there. No rushing, very attentive and friendly. Get the pretzel with beer/cheese dip, and the fresh made kettle chips with lobster dip appetizers. You won't be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Again, worth the visit & more!YummyDined on 6/21/2014A return visit was all my wife and I had hoped.....started with signature martinis at the bar, then dined on the steak and lobster tails on the welcoming and relaxing patio. The knowledgable waitstaff added to our night out with their attention to detail and warm banter. Chef Todd amazed us with his fresh approach to his menu....the flavor and preparation of the fine cut of meat were outstanding, best steak in the area hands down. Plus my wife can never get enough of their homemade pistachio cheesecake. Looking forward to our visit!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerDinerDined on 6/20/2014Exceeded our expectations, the food was excellent and the service solid. Nice wine list, some pricey options but also moderately priced wines. Many I had not heard of. The dining room was full, but not noisy They had live music on the porch. I had a ribeye and a BLT salad, both great. Also had tuna and another salad and the tuna especially was excellent. Our waitress was good and accommodated a special request from the bar. One negative was that the parking lot was packed, but plenty of space in an adjacent lot. Overall a very good find, and I'll definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2014I wanted the tuna as an appetizer. . And they did it! My salad was a little overdressed but didn't stop me from finishing it. My wife had the fritters really good.. light and full of shrimp. My lamb was amazing and she had the grouper. Nicky done very simple but pared with root mash and a pink eye succotash. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- can't wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014Awesome martini line up! The roster corn and shrimp fritters were fantastic. My rib eye was cook perfect. wife had the grouper and hasn't stopped talking about it.. a must in the village!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome lobster!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/18/2014I had the grilled lobster, perfect. Not overdone. Tender juicy, and sweet. I also had fried oysters w smoked tarter sauce holy cow. My date had the tuna, perfectly seared with ginger style noodles ( I think home made) very fresh. Look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but lacks charmDCannDined on 6/14/2014This restaurant is nice, but there's something odd about it that I couldn't quite pin point. The staff overall didn't seem happy to be there. No one smiled or greeted us, from the hostess stand to the bar or even when we sat down at our table. We actually had to ask the hostess to find our server because no one came over for 10 mins or so after we were sat. I won't cross the restaurant off the list permanently, as I understand everyone could have an off night, but I would hope that the customer service is improved on a future visit.Special Features:
- Slow and smallMarkBoDined on 6/14/2014It took 10 minutes for us to get a waiter to the table from the start. Then when the food did come it took a while to get it. One of the fish portions was very small.
- more than we expectRestaurantReviewer7275Dined on 6/6/2014Excellent dining, staff, wine list, beer list and patio with live music!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodMaggieDined on 5/31/2014This was the second time we've eaten at Branchwater. The service was excellent and I love the atmosphere….casual and comfortable and yet you know you're in a good restaurant. The food is beautifully presented. All four of us ordered different meals (we all had fish) and they were all very good. I think that some of the portions are a bit skimpy. They don't have to be huge, but I had the same feeling last time, that they could increase the portion size. I love having it nearby in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- very good oystersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Branch Water - the fried oyster appetizer was very good. They had some interesting items on the menu. My Tuna was delicious. Husband didn't care for his Ribeye. My toddler loved the mac and cheese. The martinis were well made. Overall I enjoyed the restaurant, the location is very nice on the patio facing the park area of Vickery Village. You could hear the live music playing in the park. My only thought was that it was very pricey for what it was. We enjoyed it but were not blown away. Our bill for 3 adults and 1 toddler was almost $200. That included 4 bar drinks. When spending that amount I expect to be blown away. If we return we'll probably just go for appetizers and drinks.Special Features:
- Upscale Dining in a Relaxed SittingTigerDinerDined on 5/29/2014Branchwater is as good of a meal as you can get anywhere but is conveniently located in Vickery Village. The Chef/Owner takes pride in his menu and dishes and always has new items to try. The mixed grill is always outstanding, scallops and lobster risotto where excellent and you absolutely have to get the shrimp and corn fritters appetizer. The setting is upscale but relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night and needed dinner!luv2dineDined on 5/25/2014We had to eat at the bar because it was 9:30 but the food was very good and the service was great considering we were the last to be seated and it was a Sunday night of Memorial Day weekend. We will go back to try the entrees since we only had the blue cheese salad wedge and the meat/cheese board. The wine list was also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sat us to close to the musicSeafoodHeavenDined on 5/17/2014I asked not to sit next to the live music, waiter stated that the music wouldn't start for a hour. Well that wasn't true, music started 20 minute later. Too loud to enjoy conversation with friends, left as fast as we could.
- Just OKMichelleDined on 5/17/2014I expected a lot more...There fried oysters were amazing. The lobster dip...kinda blah. I had the market dinner which included Beef, salmon and lobster. Beef while cooked med rare was tough. Salmon was overcooked and the lobster was perfect. The seasoning was overwhelming on the dish with pepper and salt, reminded me of montreal steak seasoning which I love but this was too thick. We also had the pork tenderloin and it was just ok... We won't make it a point to go back and if we do it will only be to have a few appetizers and a glass of wine. It was expensive for just moderate food. We might try it again in 6 months if someone wants to go there as the choices of restaurants in the area are minimal.Special Features:
- foodiejunkieDined on 5/11/2014What a great place with wonderful food ...Drinks were sooo good ..the food was to die for ....Everyone dish was perfect this is going to be our to go to spot!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Night!MandyDined on 5/10/2014Thank you Chef Todd Hogan and the staff at Branchwater! Great food with wonderful atmosphere. Looking forward to the new outside patio area with bar and fireplace to be finished. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great Sat Night dinner on PatioOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/10/2014Booked last minute and very happy we did. Over the past year we have tried to make it here but always something else came up. Outside seating was comfortable and apps were delicious. We had the lobster dip and egg rolls. Dinner selections were scallops (good size and taste), country fired pork (great seasoning and good the next day) along with the crab stuffed flounder (good taste, tender but slightly dry). Good wine and beer selection as well. Service and recommendations were excellent, thanks Hayden.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014This is our second time coming! We so enjoyed it again! I'm sure there a lot of wonderful options on the menu, but I haven't been able to get past the bacon marinated filet! It is really fantastic! This time we tried the brussel sprout appetizer and it was outrageous! If I could make them like that I would consider eating them more often!Special Features:
- Consistently good!VickeryfoodieDined on 5/9/2014The food and service are consistently good. We are so lucky to have this great of a restaurant in our neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderately goodRoxyreviewsDined on 5/9/2014I like the atmosphere of Branchwater. It's laid back and they do have a good place to sit outside. The smoked salmon we started with was really good, but the steak was a little burned on the outside. I love the contrast of the hot apple pie with the cold ice cream but the apple pie was cold. It was not heated at all. That was taken off our bill, which I didn't expect and I do appreciate, so they made up for that, but I wasn't really impressed with the food that night. I am willing to try it again. The service was great though.Special Features:
- Great experienceGeauxDiningDined on 5/3/2014We love the atmosphere and food offered at Branchwater. The inside tables are loud though...we asked to sit outside and the terrace is beautiful and perfect for dining with friends and family. Each person in our group ordered something different...we shared the appetizer special, which was amazing. I had the Tuna, which was cooked perfectly...although wasn't thrilled with the Asian noodles. Expected the noodles to be lighter, but overall everyone had a great experience. My favorite was the beet salad...yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my best findsSnuffyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Everybody looks for that unique small restaurant that they can call kind of their home restaurant. It can be there for a nice gourmet meal or a glass of wine on the patio wonderful ambience and truly impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/3/2014Love the food here! The filet is outstanding, and my husband had the wild salmon which was terrific. Highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:
- The following 101 reviews are from the Branchwater reviews archive.