2926 NE Alberta St
Portland, OR 97211Neighborhood:
Downtown Portland - NE
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://branchpdx.com/
- Phone: 5032066266x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, French, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Scott Shampine
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies)
A word from Branch
Branch is a restaurant where you can feel comfortable going to for any occasion. You can celebrate your dinner here with a five course tasting menu on one visit. On the next visit you can grab a couple burgers with a couple pints of beer to chase them down.Continued
Whatever the occasion is, consider having dinner with us here at Branch.
Whatever the occasion is, consider having dinner with us here at Branch.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Branch reviews from OpenTable diners
25 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (15)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (6)late-night find (6)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for outdoor dining (3)good for groups (3)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- "Best chicken EVER"PumpkinestDined on 10/17/2014Those were the words my husband said to me as he finished the last piece of food on his plate and I am no slouch in the kitchen! The presentation was creative, pleasing to the eye, and both our meals tasted fabulous. Our server was courteous, helpful & introduced us to a brand of whiskey we never had before, which was delicious. We hope to get back there on our return to BC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try the 3 Egg Sandwich!Jackg110Dined on 10/2/2014This was my first time there. I have to say it was a wow! The selection of whiskey is awesome and the recommendations made by the staff are excellent. the food we selected was top shelf! The Three Egg Sandwich is a sight to behold and a flavor that will make you come back! I recommend this as a place to take out of town guests and yourself to show them/yourself what Portland has to offer for foodies and whiskey lovers - visit often and trust them when they make a suggestions or a pairing!Special Features:
- Great food...medium serviceaubsDined on 9/27/2014The food here is phenomenal. the service is a little shaky. I ordered whiskey flights and they came out with no way to tell what was what and the waiter kind of mumbled the names to me. It just seemed like the waiters were meandering around and i think we even had two or three different ones depending on who remembered we were waiting. It took a long time between ordering drinks and ordering food. The waiters seemed a little awkward and maybe new. All around this has the potential to be a really great restaurant with the great food and selection of whiskey but it was kind of flattened by the service, and look of the bartender's baseball cap, and it took a minute to pick out the waiters from the everyday Portland dude wearing plaid.Special Features:
- Don't gobobberinoDined on 9/26/2014Don't go. It took 45 mins to get food. Too noisy to speak. The pan roasted chicken was OK, but one person in our party got the special, smoked prime rib which was expensive and awful. It was grisly and the smoke flavor had a lighter-fluid after taste.
- Branch - great liquor selectionNancyJDined on 9/23/2014Nice local place with good drinks. Lots of different bourbons. The food is quite good.Special Features:
- Best food in portlandAlbertareallifeDined on 9/11/2014Branch Whiskey Bar fills a great need on alberta street. It's a comfortable restaurant /bar with top notch foods. The menu is great! Also, the service is decent, which is a rare find in this city. They treat you like you belong there, and want to make your experience good. The food is our of this world. I usually the duck fat fries and beef tartar. My friend always gets whatever they have on special. The charcuterie board is our of this world delicious. I love this place! The only recommendation I have is to expand the wine list just a tad for those that don't drink Whiskey. The Whiskey list is impressive if you do like Whiskey and cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite spots on AlbertaPDXBahrDined on 9/3/2014I regularly return to this cozy little bar/restaurant tucked away on Alberta. Amazing Food, great ambiance, always busy, one of my favorites!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and drinkMiltonprattleDined on 9/1/2014I have eaten more than 6 times at Branch and have never been disappointed. The service is friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. The food is spectacular. First courses are not to be missed...all delightful. Love the hanger steak with shallot sauce, blue cheese frites with a poached egg atop...$18. Beers, wines, whiskers galore. Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLjDinerDined on 8/31/2014We were celebrating a birthday, and he is a big whiskey fanatic. We decided to sit outside, and the table that we we're sat at was right next to the large garbage bins and the stacks of empty kegs. Our server was very attentive at first. Got us drinks pretty quickly, and that was the end of the quick service. After that we ordered an appetizer which was delicious but took 30 minutes to be delivered and our empty glasses just sat on our table until we flagged someone down each time! My husbands burger was so rare it was just browned ground beef, you could spread the meat out like a paste. The fried duck fat fries are truly the exact same thing as the normal fries, just much more expensive. The service was poor at best as was the experience.
- Simply StellarElizaGDined on 7/19/2014If you ever find yourself in the Alberta neighborhood, do yourself a favor and visit Branch Whiskey Bar. As you woudl expect, the list of whiskey is extensive and features a great variety of whiskey, bourbon, and scotch at very reasonable prices. The food menu features a nice mix of options without being completely overwhelming; try the Alberta Burger with duck fat french fries and you just might be ruined for life in the best of ways. I am a whiskey-of-all-types fan, and their bar staff was incredibly friendly and made great recommendations for new tastings. A true gem with great food, great people, GREAT selection, and laid-back feel. Easily one of my favorite spots.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- If the noise does not bother youRoadWarrior45VIPDined on 7/15/2014the food and service were great! The noise level and the furniture could use some moderation and improvement respectively.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the pricekds1980Dined on 7/6/2014Branch had a great looking menu and it was recommended by a friend. When we arrived we waited almost 10 minutes for a server to greet our table. We took some time to go over the menu while also checking out the two "specials" boards. The two didn't match which also caused some confusion. Our server was nice but made multiple errors on our drink order...wrong beer, wrong wine vs. what was ordered. The food took almost 45 minutes to arrive and it was decent, but nothing we would come back for. We also had to witness the bar tender yell at the waitress and they battled it out for a few. The food is not cheap and the experience could be beat by several other resturaunts out there. Also the bathrooms were filthy.Special Features:
- The following 4 reviews are from the Branch reviews archive.
- CAGTDined on 6/16/2014Food was good although I wonder if the B team runs the kitchen on Mondays. I had the chicken dish - serving was quite small and sauce had "broken". Fish and chips had good presentation but it was greasy. Lamb burger was an enormous serving and very good. Grilled romaine salad was heavily dressed and very charred - good flavor but texture was odd. Very friendly service. Will try again on a different night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/17/2014Had a very nice evening with my family. I would recommend for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodgridDined on 5/9/2014Had to order way more food than I intended because there were too many good options. Everything was amazing! Even better when paired with the great whiskey drinks they offer.Special Features:
- So Alberta Street, in a good way!SteveninpdxVIPDined on 5/4/2014A menu that fits the neighborhood, great burgers on an amazing bun, mac & cheese that's rich and creamy & some amazing lobster dumplings. As a 'dim sum' fan the dumplings are fantastic... get them even in you are just in for a cocktail. If you explore the burgers, make sure you add the DUCK FAT fries with 'stoner' sauce, yep that's Alberta Street. I'll be back. So why only 2 stars on the service? The bar tender, she gave lemons with the Aviation Gin & Tonic not a lime, then went on the stress how there's a lime shortage. Don't damage a great local gin with a lemon, add .25 extra to the price and give me the lime the cocktail calls for. (I did get a lime slice, the lemons were wasted)Special Features: