Bramble & Brine
315 Rehoboth Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Bramble & Brine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brambleandbrine.com/
- Phone: 3022277702
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Joseph Churchman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For larger events, we are happy to rent out the entire restaurant to fulfill your needs. Availability is limited and seasonal rates may apply.
A word from Bramble & Brine
Bramble & Brine, opened by husband/wife team Megan and Joe Churchman, is a neighborhood gem located in one of Rehoboth"s main street cottages. Originally built in the early 1900's and restored keeping true to its turn of the century charm, the atmosphere is both elegant and inviting. The ever changing, global inspired menu is rich with handcrafted dishes prepared utilizing a fusion of classic and modern techniques. A special chef's menu with meticulously selected wine pairings is available on weekends in a private room for parties of 2 to 12 guests on a first come, reservation only basis and is highly customizable with advanced notice. Antiques throughout the restaurant are offered for sale and provide an engaging setting in what feels like a formal dining room in a home from the past. Be sure to visit the marble top bar for prohibition era cocktails and pour over the extensive wine list. We can't wait to serve you a truly remarkable meal and unique dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bramble & Brine - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Bramble & Brine reviews from OpenTable diners
265 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (189)special occasion (168)romantic (122)neighborhood gem (106)hot spot (51)notable wine list (51)good for groups (19)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Remarkable Dining ExperienceRobertVIPDined on 9/20/2014B&B is one of the most welcoming restaurants ever. You genuinely feel like a pampered guest. This is not just the best cooking in Rehoboth, but one of the best in the Mid-Atlantic, and one of the best in the US. That is high praise, but this place is really special. We have eaten rabbit all over the world, but we have never had it like B&B prepared it. The rabbit was first done as confit, then deep fried. This was the most spectacular and genius rabbit preparations. Their signature duck breast lived up to its reputation. It was delicious. The wine list is well-chosen and reasonable. Desserts are divine. The service, ambiance and food will keep us coming back. We wish they were in DC. They would kill!Special Features:
- But for the noise?!beaker732Dined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating our wives birthdays on a beautiful night in Rehoboth. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable, and the wine list impressive; unfortunately there were two tables of six younger women and and 10 very inebriated older clientele who could not have been louder or obnoxious , to the detriment of surrounding diners! It was so bad, that we four slipped the birthday cake, just to get away from there. It's sad, because Bramble is one of the better establishments at the beach... If we choose to go again, we'll insist on eating apart from the groups seatings!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014the food is outstanding. However, I made the mistake of ordering the SHORT RIB - it was all fat - no meat. Our server tried to tell us that it was good fat - seriously? I just ordered the wrong thing - will be back. My husband had the trout and it was excellent. Dessert was scrumptious - we share the donuts with chocolate pudding. Creative décor - loved itSpecial Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014From the moment we walked in we loved this restuarant! The decor is great--a combination of casual and elegant. We had a drink at the bar because we were early for our reservation and the bartender was excellent. Once seated, the waitress was very attentive with great knowledge of the menu. The food was perfect--there were four of us and we all loved our dinners! The desserts were some of the best I have ever had--and we eat dessert everywhere. There was an issue with someone else's reservation--they thought they had one and they didn't. The owner was so accommodating and kind while trying to find a solution! We are locals and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great New Spot!PaulaGDined on 9/19/2014We recently dined here for a special occasion (anniversary) and was our first time to the restaurant. The food was out of this world. The drink menu was superb (we returned a second night just for a cocktail). It has claimed the spot as our new favorite restaurant in town which says something since we've been visiting Rehoboth for decades. The only hitch in an otherwise sublime evening was our very so-so bottle of wine that was recommended to us. It was a big letdown for the price point. Overall I cannot wait until we get to visit again next year so we can dine here - I only wish I didn't live so far away!Special Features:
- The new hot spot in Rehoboth!ShawnDined on 9/19/2014Finally, a serious fine dining restaurant in Rehoboth! Eclectic décor, unique cocktails, knowledgeable service, and great food! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Gr8foodluversGr8foodluversDined on 9/18/2014This is a great restaurant. Food was excellent. Our waiter attended to our needs but didn't smother us. Staff is friendly and again, the food was fabulous. The ribeye and the duck are highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!galexaDined on 9/16/2014This was our first visit and we couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. We had tried several times in the past to get reservations but the restaurant was always booked. We understand why. We arrived about 5 minutes before our reservation but were promptly seated. Our server Jake reviewed the menu, wine list and specials. Very knowledgeable about the menu and wines. Our appetizer was the ribeye crown, Delicious - and though, not a large portion was perfect for two to share. Next were the salads - the Heirloom Tomato and the Market Salad - both fresh and tasty. Entrees - seared halibut and grilled pork chop - both perfect and delicious. The shared desert of the chocolate chip cake was the a perfect ending. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abcdVIPDined on 9/13/2014Phenomenal meal - every ingredient, every bite. Easily the best restaurant in town now.Special Features:
- Reservation time?EveieDined on 9/12/2014We made our reservation for 7:30 pm and Megan left us an email confirmation that had Friday's date and the time being 7:30pm. We also got an email confirmation from Open Table with date & time confirmed. However when we arrived we were told by the hostess our reservation was at 8:45pm that evening and not 7:30pm...very strange. Don't know what the confusion was but they did seat us. It was a fabulous meal despite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMariaVIPDined on 9/7/2014This was our first time here and we loved it. Food and service were great. Their are so many restaurants at the DE beaches, trying to get to them all.Special Features:
- Fantastic in so many ways!Beachmama7VIPDined on 9/7/2014Six of us had a wonderful brunch. Decor was a modern take on Victorian, with an eclectic and classy feel. Thoughtful touches included castors on the bottom of heavy chairs, so you can easily glide in and out from the table. Cheese plate was outstanding! Everyone enjoyed the food, from the omelet and huevos rancheros to baked goods and French press coffee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative menu beautifully preparedKnowwhatIlikeDined on 9/5/2014One of the best restaurants we've experienced. Creative menu choices ( halibut, salmon, rabbit, veal, lamb, beef, ribs, sweetbreads, heirloom tomatoes, duck) and everything was perfection. Grilled grapes with the duck plus Rillettes. Marvelous unique flavors and the desserts were a delight. Service friendly and informative. Worth the effort and reasonably priced for the quality.Special Features:
- Urban chic right at the beachgershVIPDined on 9/4/2014Beautiful ambiance, excellent service and fine food. A winning trifecta right in Rehoboth Beach. Among the t shirt shops, souveneer shops and beach fast foods lives an elegant , refined and tasteful restaurant that could compete with the best any major city has to offer. We were so impressed from the moment we entered Bramble and Brine. Our waiter could not have been more attentive. We never had to look for him in search of anything. His suggestions were on the mark and the FLAVORS of the food were exceptional. All in all our experience was the best kind and we would definitely return next time in the area.Special Features:
- rbdinerVIPDined on 9/4/2014This was our first visit to Bramble and Brine. We'll definitely be back. My husband's steak was absolutely amazing -- thick, tender, and juicy. My halibut was excellent. Most memorable, however, was the dessert -- chocolate chip layer cake with cream ice cream and whipped cream. Really delicious. We'd put this in the same category as Blue Moon -- expensive, but great service, wonderful food, and a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!NewNeighborDined on 9/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our B&B experience. Would definitely come again! One small suggestion...either the lighting be turned up a bit or have fancy low emittance flashlights on the table. Emma was our superb and friendly waitress.Special Features:
- paulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Last weekend of summer at the beach went to Bramble & Brine great steaks, great service, great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placSpenskyDined on 8/29/2014My second time dining here was just as delicious as the first!Special Features:
- Fabulous!CatherineVIPDined on 8/28/2014What a beautiful, unique and intriguing restaurant! The beauty and effort put in to every little detail was not wasted on me. I loved the chandeliers, the chairs (super comfortable), lovely dishes...I could go on and on. The food was exquisite, from the cheese platter with a real honeycomb on the side, to the perfectly cooked fish to the scrumptious salted caramel banana split. It was my birthday and our anniversary - they sent flutes of champagne to the entire table and I got to wear the most amazing (albeit heavy) crown. We were treated like royalty!Special Features:
- Truly awesomeWilliamGDined on 8/26/2014My ultimate favorite in Rehoboth. Been coming for 15 years and now rehoboth is understanding fine dining with this wonderful establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Super NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014I would go back again, but not in a hurry. And, by myself since it's almost impossible to have a conversation. The food was good, but the service was slow. That wouldn't have been bad since we were with friends and it was nice to enjoy an evening with them. But it was so loud we could barely hear each other.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014We were really looking forward to our meal there based on the reviews but it was truly an awful experience. There were 7 of us at dinner, and 4 had to spend the food back because it was undercooked or cold. Further, our waitress seemed to be on vacation, and when she did find her way to our table, she came with an awful attitude It was by far the worst meal we had all week in Rehoboth
- Eclectic delicious!NfreyDined on 8/24/2014With a mixture of placesettings, glasses, art etc. delicious food, served in a warm setting makes Bramble & Brine an eclectic success. My salmon was the best salmon that I have ever had. Cooked to perfection, with an amazing crispy skin and served on a bed of corn with sauce that was ample and left me licking the plate. Yumm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NobileNobileDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food...service is very good. One of the top venues in Rehoboth Beach. B&B should offer lighter dessert options.
- Delicious Food!GiverDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to Bramble & Brine. We were not disappointed in the food. We tasted appetizers, salads, entres and dessert. All were delicious, interesting, and perfectly prepared! The restaurant ambience is great except for the smell of old furniture that hits you when you walk in the door and the uncomfortable chairs and benches. My husband was in a hurry to leave as his back was hurting after sitting on the "booth" side and my chair seat was broken down to the point it was like sitting over a hole. Despite the decor challenges, we will be back because the food is that good! We will just choose our seating carefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with unique menu !BytheseashoreVIPDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is located in downtown Rehoboth Beach, DE. Parking can be difficult in season. Not large so reservations is a must. There is a small bar area for waiting and conversation. The tables are very close so noise level is a bit high. We have dined there 2 times which have been special occasions and our exspectations were met both times. The food is very good and served with seasonal side dishes .Unbeleivable deserts!! A must if you have not tries.Special Features:
- B and BSedonadawgDined on 8/21/2014Best new restaurant in Rehoboth. Up there in the top 5 restaurants overall. A must for foodies.Special Features:
- DisappointingCuisineappreciatorDined on 8/20/2014From other reviews we had expected excellent cuisine. It was not.
- Delightful!GinnyDined on 8/17/2014This is a wonderful little restaurant that aims to please and succeeds on many levels. The food is consistently spectacular, the service top notch, and the experience delightful. Just ask and the staff goes out of their way to accommodate your needs. If you are fortunate enough to go for brunch try the pastry sampler. A wonderful selection of homemade pastries, breads, and cakes. One is more delicious than the next. We have visited many times for brunch and dinner and have never been disappointed. Duck, seafood, beef, all carefully prepared with just a bit of a twist that take them from ordinary to extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things are working much better!TuckerVIPDined on 8/16/2014After a rocky first try, this was our 2nd venture to B&B and things have gotten much better!!! Yeah! Someone was a litle heavy on the salt in the kitchen which all but ruined the carrots but otherwise appetizers, main course & dessert were all home runs. Artichoke and heirloom tomato appetizers were solid and satisfying. We stuck to the meat and potatoes and the rib eye was flavorful and not too fatty. I liked the way it was cut, more thick. The short ribs were impressive and delicious. Ended dinner with the macadamia nut deconstructed dessert which was fun to try and very good, but not something I felt was so great that I would need to order again. Our server was wonderful and it was a nice satisfying evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wish I lived closer!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Felt rushed by the server. I was there last Friday night, and it was overall, an excellent experience. The food was cooked just right-- I wish I had room for more. The service was fine, but I felt like the waitress kept rushing us (party of 2). We didn't order any appetizers or salads-- just entree and dessert, and we didn't linger. I got the feeling that she pegged us as a young couple, with small bill = small tips, and wanted us out of there ASAP. She came over and asked about drink orders before we had even finished reading the drink menu, and she dropped the check before we were done eating dessert. Our bill was still >$100, which in my mind, earns us at least the time to finish our food before we're rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - what a surprise - YUMMY!!FatRat250VIPDined on 8/14/2014Don't miss this place - the food is spectacular. The duck was sensational - and my wife and I shared 4 appetizers - all excellent. The lighting in our section was too low - could barely see, and the rear tables are cramped. But if you want good food, get there and sit in the dark and EAT!!
- Dewey2RBDined on 8/14/2014We LOVE this place and are never disappointed! Great food, great service every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good but dessert was amazingScottDined on 8/13/2014We had the heirloom tomato and the ricotta salad to start. Both were good but we struggled to find the cheese. For dinner we had the rib eye and spare ribs. The rib eure if anything was a touch under medium rare, which is how I ordered it. The steak was cut more in the style of a fleet than a rib eye which was a bit strange. The spare ribs were great. The vegetables that came with both dishes seemed like an afterthought. The chard was overcooked and the twice baked potato was dry and not very good. For dessert we had the banana split, which may have been the best dessert I've ever had. Seriously delicious. We also had the buttermilk donuts which were very good as well. Drinks were also good. Service was great and ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Last ChapterJackVIPDined on 8/12/2014It was a challenging night for the staff at B&B with the computer and billing system going down but they rallied with great food and hospitality.Special Features:
- Good Dinner, Fantastic Brunch!mklein1987Dined on 8/12/2014We had 2 meals at Bramble and Brine while spending a week vacationing in Rehoboth which should say a lot based on all the great fantastic restaurants in the town. We first had brunch and it was truly a delight. The Pastry Board was worth everything. It was loaded with a variety of pastries of the day all of which were better than the last. Additionally, all of the brunch items that our table ordered all had great flavor and they were priced right at an average brunch cost. Dinner was a good meal as well. But we were completely blown away by the brunch so it was tough to compare. The service during both meals was really great. The staff really know the menu and are unbelievably friendly. We will definitely be returning next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected morejoannaDined on 8/12/2014Thought entrees should be accompanied by side such as pools ya rice potatoes... Not enough on the plate The veal chop was undercooked and sent back for finishing Bread was under baked Really expected more after recommendation from friendsSpecial Features:
- Details Matter!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014We were excited to try this new restaurant in Rehoboth. Let's start with a lousy martini... An obnoxious table next to us.... Appetizers were a joke!! Here's where details matter! I ordered heirloom tomato salad.... 2 thinly sliced hard terrible tomatoes ( it's summer... Tomatoes are in season!!) with a tiny sliver of mozzarella and a few grape tomatoes. No heirloom here!!! Artichoke ap also a joke for what they charge. Entrees were just ok... Staff seemed miserable and annoyed with the crowded tables .. ( can't miss the facial expressions!) We dine all over the world and visit Rehoboth yearly ... If looking for fine dining go to Eden! We had a great meal at Salt Air and Lupe de Mar.
- Hot SpotThomDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful upscale restaurant that is very popular with locals and out-of-towners alike. Very interesting menu reflecting interesting appetizers and main courses. Unfortunately, the chef does not seem to prefer to cook meats much beyond medium. Both the duck breast and the veal chop could have used some additional cooking to bring them to the table at their best.Special Features:
- awesome!MJKRVIPDined on 8/12/2014Exception food; perfect presentation; great service!Special Features: