Bramble & Brine
315 Rehoboth Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Bramble & Brine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brambleandbrine.com/
- Phone: 3022277702
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Joseph Churchman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For larger events, we are happy to rent out the entire restaurant to fulfill your needs. Availability is limited and seasonal rates may apply.
A word from Bramble & Brine
Bramble & Brine, opened by husband/wife team Megan and Joe Churchman, is a neighborhood gem located in one of Rehoboth"s main street cottages. Originally built in the early 1900's and restored keeping true to its turn of the century charm, the atmosphere is both elegant and inviting. The ever changing, global inspired menu is rich with handcrafted dishes prepared utilizing a fusion of classic and modern techniques. A special chef's menu with meticulously selected wine pairings is available on weekends in a private room for parties of 2 to 12 guests on a first come, reservation only basis and is highly customizable with advanced notice. Antiques throughout the restaurant are offered for sale and provide an engaging setting in what feels like a formal dining room in a home from the past. Be sure to visit the marble top bar for prohibition era cocktails and pour over the extensive wine list. We can't wait to serve you a truly remarkable meal and unique dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bramble & Brine - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Bramble & Brine reviews from OpenTable diners
264 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (178)special occasion (166)romantic (121)neighborhood gem (98)hot spot (50)notable wine list (48)great for brunch (17)vibrant bar scene (16)good for groups (15)late-night find (11)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)great for lunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Special placOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014My second time dining here was just as delicious as the first!Special Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/28/2014What a beautiful, unique and intriguing restaurant! The beauty and effort put in to every little detail was not wasted on me. I loved the chandeliers, the chairs (super comfortable), lovely dishes...I could go on and on. The food was exquisite, from the cheese platter with a real honeycomb on the side, to the perfectly cooked fish to the scrumptious salted caramel banana split. It was my birthday and our anniversary - they sent flutes of champagne to the entire table and I got to wear the most amazing (albeit heavy) crown. We were treated like royalty!Special Features:
- Truly awesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/26/2014My ultimate favorite in Rehoboth. Been coming for 15 years and now rehoboth is understanding fine dining with this wonderful establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Super NoisyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/25/2014I would go back again, but not in a hurry. And, by myself since it's almost impossible to have a conversation. The food was good, but the service was slow. That wouldn't have been bad since we were with friends and it was nice to enjoy an evening with them. But it was so loud we could barely hear each other.Special Features:
- Very DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/25/2014We were really looking forward to our meal there based on the reviews but it was truly an awful experience. There were 7 of us at dinner, and 4 had to spend the food back because it was undercooked or cold. Further, our waitress seemed to be on vacation, and when she did find her way to our table, she came with an awful attitude It was by far the worst meal we had all week in Rehoboth
- Eclectic delicious!NfreyDined on 8/24/2014With a mixture of placesettings, glasses, art etc. delicious food, served in a warm setting makes Bramble & Brine an eclectic success. My salmon was the best salmon that I have ever had. Cooked to perfection, with an amazing crispy skin and served on a bed of corn with sauce that was ample and left me licking the plate. Yumm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NobileNobileDined on 8/23/2014Excellent food...service is very good. One of the top venues in Rehoboth Beach. B&B should offer lighter dessert options.
- Delicious Food!GiverDined on 8/23/2014This was our first visit to Bramble & Brine. We were not disappointed in the food. We tasted appetizers, salads, entres and dessert. All were delicious, interesting, and perfectly prepared! The restaurant ambience is great except for the smell of old furniture that hits you when you walk in the door and the uncomfortable chairs and benches. My husband was in a hurry to leave as his back was hurting after sitting on the "booth" side and my chair seat was broken down to the point it was like sitting over a hole. Despite the decor challenges, we will be back because the food is that good! We will just choose our seating carefully.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with unique menu !BytheseashoreVIPDined on 8/22/2014This restaurant is located in downtown Rehoboth Beach, DE. Parking can be difficult in season. Not large so reservations is a must. There is a small bar area for waiting and conversation. The tables are very close so noise level is a bit high. We have dined there 2 times which have been special occasions and our exspectations were met both times. The food is very good and served with seasonal side dishes .Unbeleivable deserts!! A must if you have not tries.Special Features:
- B and BSedonadawgDined on 8/21/2014Best new restaurant in Rehoboth. Up there in the top 5 restaurants overall. A must for foodies.Special Features:
- DisappointingCuisineappreciatorDined on 8/20/2014From other reviews we had expected excellent cuisine. It was not.
- Delightful!GinnyDined on 8/17/2014This is a wonderful little restaurant that aims to please and succeeds on many levels. The food is consistently spectacular, the service top notch, and the experience delightful. Just ask and the staff goes out of their way to accommodate your needs. If you are fortunate enough to go for brunch try the pastry sampler. A wonderful selection of homemade pastries, breads, and cakes. One is more delicious than the next. We have visited many times for brunch and dinner and have never been disappointed. Duck, seafood, beef, all carefully prepared with just a bit of a twist that take them from ordinary to extraordinary.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Things are working much better!TuckerVIPDined on 8/16/2014After a rocky first try, this was our 2nd venture to B&B and things have gotten much better!!! Yeah! Someone was a litle heavy on the salt in the kitchen which all but ruined the carrots but otherwise appetizers, main course & dessert were all home runs. Artichoke and heirloom tomato appetizers were solid and satisfying. We stuck to the meat and potatoes and the rib eye was flavorful and not too fatty. I liked the way it was cut, more thick. The short ribs were impressive and delicious. Ended dinner with the macadamia nut deconstructed dessert which was fun to try and very good, but not something I felt was so great that I would need to order again. Our server was wonderful and it was a nice satisfying evening. We will be back.Special Features:
- Wish I lived closer!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Felt rushed by the server. I was there last Friday night, and it was overall, an excellent experience. The food was cooked just right-- I wish I had room for more. The service was fine, but I felt like the waitress kept rushing us (party of 2). We didn't order any appetizers or salads-- just entree and dessert, and we didn't linger. I got the feeling that she pegged us as a young couple, with small bill = small tips, and wanted us out of there ASAP. She came over and asked about drink orders before we had even finished reading the drink menu, and she dropped the check before we were done eating dessert. Our bill was still >$100, which in my mind, earns us at least the time to finish our food before we're rushed out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow - what a surprise - YUMMY!!FatRat250VIPDined on 8/14/2014Don't miss this place - the food is spectacular. The duck was sensational - and my wife and I shared 4 appetizers - all excellent. The lighting in our section was too low - could barely see, and the rear tables are cramped. But if you want good food, get there and sit in the dark and EAT!!
- Dewey2RBDined on 8/14/2014We LOVE this place and are never disappointed! Great food, great service every time!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good but dessert was amazingScottDined on 8/13/2014We had the heirloom tomato and the ricotta salad to start. Both were good but we struggled to find the cheese. For dinner we had the rib eye and spare ribs. The rib eure if anything was a touch under medium rare, which is how I ordered it. The steak was cut more in the style of a fleet than a rib eye which was a bit strange. The spare ribs were great. The vegetables that came with both dishes seemed like an afterthought. The chard was overcooked and the twice baked potato was dry and not very good. For dessert we had the banana split, which may have been the best dessert I've ever had. Seriously delicious. We also had the buttermilk donuts which were very good as well. Drinks were also good. Service was great and ambience was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Last ChapterJackVIPDined on 8/12/2014It was a challenging night for the staff at B&B with the computer and billing system going down but they rallied with great food and hospitality.Special Features:
- Good Dinner, Fantastic Brunch!mklein1987Dined on 8/12/2014We had 2 meals at Bramble and Brine while spending a week vacationing in Rehoboth which should say a lot based on all the great fantastic restaurants in the town. We first had brunch and it was truly a delight. The Pastry Board was worth everything. It was loaded with a variety of pastries of the day all of which were better than the last. Additionally, all of the brunch items that our table ordered all had great flavor and they were priced right at an average brunch cost. Dinner was a good meal as well. But we were completely blown away by the brunch so it was tough to compare. The service during both meals was really great. The staff really know the menu and are unbelievably friendly. We will definitely be returning next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected morejoannaDined on 8/12/2014Thought entrees should be accompanied by side such as pools ya rice potatoes... Not enough on the plate The veal chop was undercooked and sent back for finishing Bread was under baked Really expected more after recommendation from friendsSpecial Features:
- Details Matter!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/12/2014We were excited to try this new restaurant in Rehoboth. Let's start with a lousy martini... An obnoxious table next to us.... Appetizers were a joke!! Here's where details matter! I ordered heirloom tomato salad.... 2 thinly sliced hard terrible tomatoes ( it's summer... Tomatoes are in season!!) with a tiny sliver of mozzarella and a few grape tomatoes. No heirloom here!!! Artichoke ap also a joke for what they charge. Entrees were just ok... Staff seemed miserable and annoyed with the crowded tables .. ( can't miss the facial expressions!) We dine all over the world and visit Rehoboth yearly ... If looking for fine dining go to Eden! We had a great meal at Salt Air and Lupe de Mar.
- Hot SpotThomDined on 8/12/2014A wonderful upscale restaurant that is very popular with locals and out-of-towners alike. Very interesting menu reflecting interesting appetizers and main courses. Unfortunately, the chef does not seem to prefer to cook meats much beyond medium. Both the duck breast and the veal chop could have used some additional cooking to bring them to the table at their best.Special Features:
- awesome!MJKRVIPDined on 8/12/2014Exception food; perfect presentation; great service!Special Features:
- Birthday dinner!Carly811Dined on 8/11/2014Beautiful dishes! Tasty honey juniper duck over scrumptious grapes...how did they do that?!!! My husband's rabbit was slightly overcooked but tasty nonetheless. A wine list with some delicious choices (and not outrageously priced!). Don't miss the dessert menu and the coffee served in French presses!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/11/2014Great food. The ribeye was impressive, perfectly cooked, generously portioned. The chocolate chip cake for dessert was a complex medley of sweet bites, cake, cookie, and sweetened condensed milk ice cream. Beautiful decor, great service. Well worth the hefty tab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming dinnerfoodie4lifeDined on 8/11/2014Great little restaurant off the boardwalk. The staff was attentive and their recommendations of the short ribs & rib-eye as entrees were spot on delicious and beautifully presented. The short rib fell off the bone and the rib-eye had a flavorful salt-crust. And the desserts were a pleasant surprise, the grasshopper pie had many levels of flavors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Foodambell2000Dined on 8/11/2014Absolutely loved this gem! We live in NYC with access to some amazing restaurants and food and I was beyond happy with every single bite of this meal. Everything on the plate added to each bite and had purpose. The bartender did a great job mixing our drinks; for dinner the meat was PERFECTLY DONE (do try the duck), the salads were interesting and they have an interesting and wonderful dessert menu. If we lived in Rehoboth this would be a staple for evenings out.Special Features:
- Great dining experience.2fordinnerDined on 8/8/2014The food was great. The halibut was cooked perfectly and the rib eye was outstanding. Excellent service. Loved the decor!Special Features:
- A real restaurant in DelmarvaMrBeeDined on 8/8/2014This is an OUTSTANDING restaurant, not just for Delmarva, but anywhere. Cocktails are creatively handmade and delicious, service is of professional level, and the food is spectacular. We had 4 different dishes. The seared Duck Breast, Ribeye Steak, Halibut, and the Veal Chop. All were cooked perfectly (including the black and blue steak which the chef nailed). I had the duck and simply put, it was the best duck I have ever had…period. My wife gushed over the Halibut and my mother-in-law loved her Veal Chop. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/8/2014Wasn't thrilled w/ service. Took almost an hour to get entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedBaltoshakerDined on 8/7/2014My wife and I have been dining in Rehoboth for over 20 years. I suggested that we dine at Bramble and Brine based on the reviews I read on Open Table. From the start, we were disappointed. My drink was quite simple,- a dry Grey Goose martini straight up. I was served a "dirty" version. My appetizer was sweetbreads, a favorite of mine. Unfortunately they were precut into very small pieces and over fried so much that I couldn't tell what I was eating. I think chicken fingers would have tasted better. My rabbit loin wrapped in bacon was so salty as to be nearly inedible. My wife's "hot" vichyssoise was tepid at best. Her duck breast, however, was good. The experience was definitely not worth $148. My suggestion - chose another restaurant.
- Great new findjayj18Dined on 8/5/2014Bramble and Brine is one of our new favorite restaurants in Rohoboth. Especially love the duck which I would highly recommend. Had not ever eaten rabbit but a friend insisted I sample his. It has now become another favorite of mine. Food prep is perfection. While I at first thought of Bramble and Brine as a special occasion restaurant I now frequent it often and always bring friends that visit. A couple of foodie friends from out of state recently confirmed my love of the duck. The co-owner Meghan is very warm and welcoming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MorrisDined on 8/3/2014Excellent all around. Would suggest it to anyone!~~Special Features:
- Home run dinnerJamesVIPDined on 8/1/2014I think this was my 5th time to Bramble and Brine. A home run again. You can't go wrong here. The Duck is outstanding and the dessert was great!Special Features:
- save room for dessertireneVIPDined on 7/31/2014Just when you think that it couldn't be better at this wonderful place, you realize that the desserts are created with as much imagination and care as the entrees. Worth the money for a memorable meal.Special Features:
- Special OccasionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014In a resort area with so so many great restaurants, B&B is a real gem; right up there with The Back Porch and Zebra. Exotic menu choices at a price point comparable to Wash DC and New York city restaurants.Special Features:
- Fantastic!MelanieCDined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed my birthday dinner here last week and it was superb!!! Food was out of this world and the wine list is more than reasonable! Love this spot and will definitely be back soon! Thank you, B&B!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/28/2014Food consistently terrific and exciting. Place is charming. Only knock this visit is that service was a bit rushed.Special Features:
- My new favorite restaurant!JimteacherDined on 7/28/2014We enjoyed our entire experience! The place is quant and decorated nicely. They have old music playing quietly. The waitress was very attentive and nice. The food was excellent. We ordered the rib eye which turned out to be a larger portion than I expected. I highly recommend this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not so FineTCfromDCDined on 7/27/2014There were a number of issues with our meal but the primary one was the substation of another cut of meat of meat for the $32 ribeye. Judging from the lack of flavor and seasoning I assume that the cooking method was sous vide with a finish applied by searing in a cast iron pan. The ribeye? was served without a fat cap and cut like a filet but the grain was all wrong for a ribeye and more consistent with top butt. This piece of meat was totally under seasoned and I couldn't find the server to ask for salt. BTW, it was my wife's birthday and the server performed the elaborate birthday ritual with the table next to us and ignored us (In addition to never being told specials and my wife waiting too long for a glass a wine.