Bramble & Brine
315 Rehoboth Avenue
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Bramble & Brine
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.brambleandbrine.com/
- Phone: (302) 227-7702
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International
- Executive Chef: Joseph Churchman
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: For larger events, we are happy to rent out the entire restaurant to fulfill your needs. Availability is limited and seasonal rates may apply.
A word from Bramble & Brine
Bramble & Brine, opened by husband/wife team Megan and Joe Churchman, is a neighborhood gem located in one of Rehoboth"s main street cottages. Originally built in the early 1900's and restored keeping true to its turn of the century charm, the atmosphere is both elegant and inviting. The ever changing, global inspired menu is rich with handcrafted dishes prepared utilizing a fusion of classic and modern techniques. A special chef's menu with meticulously selected wine pairings is available on weekends in a private room for parties of 2 to 12 guests on a first come, reservation only basis and is highly customizable with advanced notice. Antiques throughout the restaurant are offered for sale and provide an engaging setting in what feels like a formal dining room in a home from the past. Be sure to visit the marble top bar for prohibition era cocktails and pour over the extensive wine list. We can't wait to serve you a truly remarkable meal and unique dining experience!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Bramble & Brine - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Bramble & Brine reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (142)special occasion (128)romantic (94)neighborhood gem (81)notable wine list (43)hot spot (36)good for groups (19)great for brunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Perfect special occasion placeJakeDEDined on 11/9/2014B&B is a terrific place to celebrate a special occasion; the menu is unique, the service is extremely attentive but not obtrusive. Food is excellent; we had heard the chef had recently left so I was hesitant, and I'm not really sure if that was the case, but the kitchen delivered a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerJh12Dined on 11/9/2014We had a small group dinner with guests from out of town. Great selection on the menu, from game to vegetarian. Deserts were also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stupendous serviceDogfishDudeVIPDined on 11/7/2014Megan's attention to details- from food to drinks to atmosphere to service shines through providing pne of the best dining experiences in coastal Delaware. Vegan options are available with 24 hours notice- be sure to call as Open Table doesn't share reservation notes until day of. That said, they whipped up a tasty appetizer and delicious dessert just for us!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rehoboth Perfection.GoytiVIPDined on 10/31/2014It's rare that I care to write a review about a restaurant. Bramble & Brine just lept to the top of my choices for places to eat in Rehoboth. Great ingredients, creative menu selection, interesting wines and drinks all coupled with great service and a homey feel. How can you go wrong! Don't miss it but plan ahead seating is limited.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time to Bramble and BrineLucyDined on 10/25/2014My second time to this restaurant. Food is outstanding. Service excellent. Atmosphere good. I little too dark for our group of "65ers" to see the menu. Staff was quick to offer a small flashlight! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014This was my first time here, but it won't be the last. This place is one of the best in Rehoboth. Everything about the experience was first mclass. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryjstokeDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I had an outstanding meal here for our wedding anniversary! Everything from our cheese and butcher's board through dessert was great; I had the ribeye, she had the duck. Already looking forward to going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingNoelVIPDined on 10/23/2014Fabulous food--the duck is amazing and the peanut soup and the red snapper were great. Wonderful breads, too. And a great wait-staff. Tops in Rehoboth Beach. We can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- DeliciousPanacheDined on 10/20/2014Monday night's dinner at Bramble and Brine was the best meal we've had in Delaware! The pumpkin bread had just the right spices. The peanut soup had a perfect balance of peanut and sausage, liquid peanut butter! The Venison entree was cooked to perfection! The duck, what can I say about the duck? It melted in my mouth, simply delicious. We can't wait for another excuse to go out for a delicious dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rehoboth gemSedonadawgDined on 10/17/2014If you are looking for fine dining and a fabulous experience, then Bramble and Brine is your place. HALIBUT, DUCK AND RED SNAPPER Prepared perfectly. Get the cheese board as you sip on the best cocktails in Rehoboth. Never have been disappointed since this place opened. Thanks Megan for being so welcoming.Special Features:
- NEVER a disappointment!!!tnsladyDined on 10/17/2014WE have fond memories of each and every dining experience that we have had at Bramble and Brine from Megan's greeting upon our entrance to the last morsel that is not left on our plate:>) We would like to replicate what Joe has prepared for our meal but do not have a clue where to start. (My partner and I are both excellent cooks, and in most cases only dine out so that we do not have to do the dishes) Susan is a gem as as a server accommodating our every whim! Regardless of the bartender, our substantial cocktails are always prepared to perfection.Special Features:
- mmmmgooodDined on 10/12/2014This is a great place for a special meal. You can actually hear the conversation at your own table and not overhear the table next to you. Linen tablecloths and napkins! With a bit of trepidation I ordered the venison--the best meal I had in 10 years in Rehoboth! It was accompanied by interesting vegetables and a luscious wine sauce. The waiter suggested a good glass of wine to accompany it. Others ordered the salt encrusted trout and the salad and the duck that was perfectly balanced with mushrooms and grapes. We finished off sharing the chocolate sampler and a creamy pie--perfect birthday decadence! Comfortable and attentive service. I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wine and a cheese plateDonnyRVIPDined on 10/11/2014We only had wine and a cheese plate, but the service was good and the ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a FIND!EAGLEFANVIPDined on 10/9/2014I live in Lewes, DE and this was my first time at Bramble & Brine. Very impressive wine list and the food selections made by myself and my dinner companions were all outstanding! The service was top-notch! I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- a very nice change from the normAC52Dined on 10/9/2014After eating at many restaurants in the area this was a pleasant change from the norm. The service was great and the food was also very good. We will be back for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemKimw486Dined on 10/6/2014Enjoyed very nice evening. Food was off the charts as well as the service. Try the pumpkin donuts. Won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!!jpr19971Dined on 10/5/2014We love this place. The service is always impeccable and the ambiance is lovely. We especially love their cocktails, wine list, salads & desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and service at B & BsamdeeVIPDined on 10/4/2014Rehoboth has hit gold now with Bramble and Brine. Only open a year now, it consistently has strived to be one of the best dining spots in Rehoboth and is living up to it's name. Four of us dined here tonight and all of us had wonderful meals. The halibut and duck were oustanding. One guest had the soft shell crabs tempura and said it was also one of the best meals he has had. Desserts are creative and hit the spot. The menu is very diverse and offers some new items for diners to try in this seashore town. We have dined here now four times since it opened and each time, it just gets better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food horrible tableOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014The food was very good, well prepared and presented. The table location was horrible. The florecent light from the kitchen was glowing in my eyes the whole time. You could hear the sound of every banging/droped pot and pan. Plus the waitstaff was constantly walking by. Blocking off the kitchen window would have mad a big difference in our experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful findmariandlVIPDined on 9/28/2014I went here for dinner with two friends and expected good food. What I got was great food. The short ribs in particular were spectacular. The atmosphere was warm and friendly, which is not always what you get in a restaurant with such high quality food. The evening was delightful all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived Up to HypegeorgejrDined on 9/28/2014We had an excellent meal at Bramble and Brine while on a short get-away to Rehoboth Beach. The restaurant, in a small house, is lovely. Food was innovative, well prepared, and nicely presented. Only negative (my personal pet peeve) is that several of the tables are located just outside the kitchen, and the harsh bright light from the kitchen each time the doors open is very distracting and takes away from the soft light and gentle ambiance of the room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wineanddineDined on 9/28/2014Dined here with friends. The food was extraordinary. Nice presentation, good portions, wonderfully prepared.Special Features:
- enjoyed itJulesDined on 9/28/2014I really enjoyed our evening here. The food was great and I loved the set-up of the restaurant. We heard it was tough to get a reservation on a weekend but we didn't have any trouble since we went on a Sunday. We will be coming back here when we return to the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alas, a disappointmentElliotVIPDined on 9/28/2014We've been to B&B about 5 or 6 times within this past year. Unfortunately, there is an inconsistent, schizophrenic feel about the restaurant. It can be very, very good, or it can be very very bad. Our last visit, unfortunately, was the latter (the 2nd time in the last 3 visits). My wife's pork was raw all the way through - not just pink in the middle. She had to send it back, and order something else. My leg of rabbit confit was overcooked and dry. The staff is very accommodating, but the kitchen seems to be manned by someone different every time we've visited. We're putting this potentially terrific restaurant on our "pending improvement" list, since there are so many other restaurants in the area that offer more consistency.
- Always AstonishingJohnnyOVIPDined on 9/28/2014This place never disappoints. Brilliantly thought out menu, with an amazingly currated staff to boast also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Rehoboth Restaurant!BabsbaubilesDined on 9/26/2014We ate early and watched the room fill up. My dinner of rabbit leg was delicious. There was also a stuffed sausage of rabbit and the presentation and taste were divine! Don't wait. GO!I would recommend this to a friend.
- loved it!kel400Dined on 9/25/2014i wrote a very extensive review on trip advisor. i'll just repeat myself in saying how absolutely wonderful my dinner was here. from beginning to end food was top notch. service was excellent. i would come back again in a heartbeat!Special Features:
- exceptional experienceDeanDined on 9/25/2014Highly professional dining experience for us who are usually very critical of quality of food and level of service. Good variety of food without being overly busy or lengthy. Very comfortable dining with exceptional quality of food. Worth a visit for special occasion or just great experience.Special Features:
- AmazingtwowheelsDined on 9/21/2014All the reviews are true. Ambiance, food, and service were all top notch. Group of two had juniper honey duck breast, seared salmon, buttermilk pie and chocolate dessert sampler. We raved about all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Remarkable Dining ExperienceRobertVIPDined on 9/20/2014B&B is one of the most welcoming restaurants ever. You genuinely feel like a pampered guest. This is not just the best cooking in Rehoboth, but one of the best in the Mid-Atlantic, and one of the best in the US. That is high praise, but this place is really special. We have eaten rabbit all over the world, but we have never had it like B&B prepared it. The rabbit was first done as confit, then deep fried. This was the most spectacular and genius rabbit preparations. Their signature duck breast lived up to its reputation. It was delicious. The wine list is well-chosen and reasonable. Desserts are divine. The service, ambiance and food will keep us coming back. We wish they were in DC. They would kill!Special Features:
- But for the noise?!beaker732Dined on 9/20/2014We were celebrating our wives birthdays on a beautiful night in Rehoboth. The food was fabulous, the service impeccable, and the wine list impressive; unfortunately there were two tables of six younger women and and 10 very inebriated older clientele who could not have been louder or obnoxious , to the detriment of surrounding diners! It was so bad, that we four slipped the birthday cake, just to get away from there. It's sad, because Bramble is one of the better establishments at the beach... If we choose to go again, we'll insist on eating apart from the groups seatings!Special Features:
- Room to improveUnclejohnDined on 9/19/2014Every thing was going smooth until dinner came. The salad was OK , cheese plate the best I've had at the beach but still to much stuff on the plate. The boar chop appetizer was the best, it should be offered as a main dish. At the waitress's recommendation I ordered the rabbit over the salt crusted fish. The meat was so over cooked it was almost like mush. And the fact that I had to wait over 20 mins between the apps and the main course made it worse. The table next to me also waited, they said they had been there many times and this was the first time they had to wait like that. I will try this place again, I just won't try the rabbit.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2014the food is outstanding. However, I made the mistake of ordering the SHORT RIB - it was all fat - no meat. Our server tried to tell us that it was good fat - seriously? I just ordered the wrong thing - will be back. My husband had the trout and it was excellent. Dessert was scrumptious - we share the donuts with chocolate pudding. Creative décor - loved itSpecial Features:
- IncredibleOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/19/2014From the moment we walked in we loved this restuarant! The decor is great--a combination of casual and elegant. We had a drink at the bar because we were early for our reservation and the bartender was excellent. Once seated, the waitress was very attentive with great knowledge of the menu. The food was perfect--there were four of us and we all loved our dinners! The desserts were some of the best I have ever had--and we eat dessert everywhere. There was an issue with someone else's reservation--they thought they had one and they didn't. The owner was so accommodating and kind while trying to find a solution! We are locals and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Great New Spot!PaulaGDined on 9/19/2014We recently dined here for a special occasion (anniversary) and was our first time to the restaurant. The food was out of this world. The drink menu was superb (we returned a second night just for a cocktail). It has claimed the spot as our new favorite restaurant in town which says something since we've been visiting Rehoboth for decades. The only hitch in an otherwise sublime evening was our very so-so bottle of wine that was recommended to us. It was a big letdown for the price point. Overall I cannot wait until we get to visit again next year so we can dine here - I only wish I didn't live so far away!Special Features:
- The new hot spot in Rehoboth!ShawnDined on 9/19/2014Finally, a serious fine dining restaurant in Rehoboth! Eclectic décor, unique cocktails, knowledgeable service, and great food! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Gr8foodluversGr8foodluversDined on 9/18/2014This is a great restaurant. Food was excellent. Our waiter attended to our needs but didn't smother us. Staff is friendly and again, the food was fabulous. The ribeye and the duck are highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not disappoint!galexaDined on 9/16/2014This was our first visit and we couldn't have been more pleased with our experience. We had tried several times in the past to get reservations but the restaurant was always booked. We understand why. We arrived about 5 minutes before our reservation but were promptly seated. Our server Jake reviewed the menu, wine list and specials. Very knowledgeable about the menu and wines. Our appetizer was the ribeye crown, Delicious - and though, not a large portion was perfect for two to share. Next were the salads - the Heirloom Tomato and the Market Salad - both fresh and tasty. Entrees - seared halibut and grilled pork chop - both perfect and delicious. The shared desert of the chocolate chip cake was the a perfect ending. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- abcdVIPDined on 9/13/2014Phenomenal meal - every ingredient, every bite. Easily the best restaurant in town now.Special Features:
- Reservation time?EveieDined on 9/12/2014We made our reservation for 7:30 pm and Megan left us an email confirmation that had Friday's date and the time being 7:30pm. We also got an email confirmation from Open Table with date & time confirmed. However when we arrived we were told by the hostess our reservation was at 8:45pm that evening and not 7:30pm...very strange. Don't know what the confusion was but they did seat us. It was a fabulous meal despite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.