754 NE 25th Avenue
Ocala, FL 34470Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: (352) 620-9255
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Southern
- Executive Chef: Loring Felix
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering to meet your specific needs!
- Entertainment: Follow us on facebook for any upcoming events and entertainment!
A word from Braised Onion
Welcome to Braised Onion where we serve "comfort food with attitude!" Chef Felix has created a menu of gourmet southern foods with his special twist. Our wonderful desserts are homemade and will tickle your taste buds! We also offer a full-service liquor, wine and beer bar with happy hour from 4:00-6:00 daily. Try out our martini specials! Whether it's a big event or quaint party, you will enjoy our fantastic food, fun and colorful, festive atmosphere!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Braised Onion - Best Restaurants in Ocala ›
Braised Onion reviews from OpenTable diners
44 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (21)good for groups (20)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (16)romantic (12)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (3)great for brunch (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Love this placeCarolDined on 11/29/2013Love the decor, the food and the staff. Friday evenings are special because Rudy Turner plays easy listening music. A very talented man. And the food is excellent too. This has become one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Gem Discovered...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/29/2013I would recommend the Braised Onion to anyone who would like fine dining. I will try it again for lunch sometime in the very near future. What a Gem for Ocala!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving dinnerhopefulVIPDined on 11/28/2013My family went to Braised Onion for our Thanksgiving dinner this year. The food was very good considering it was a buffet, which can sometimes disappoint. Service was very good. Our waiter was very attentiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The assortment of choiceslambDined on 11/28/2013The assortment of choices was very good. If you didn't want turkey you could have ham, fish, good variety of vegetables. The one pan of dressing I felt was dried out. The baked pasta was ice cold. Our reservation was for 3 p.m. most of the food appeared to be just put out. I tried the pasta when there was just a small amount taken and it was cold. If it had been hot it would have really been good. It tasted good it just wasn't warm. Good assortment of salad makings. Several dessert choices. We felt it was a little pricey. We would return but perhaps not on a holiday. The noise level was very loud and it was very hard to carry on a conversation at our table of four.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Winner!Phunt1911Dined on 11/15/2013Excellent and refreshing surprise! The menu, ambience and service were well worth our one hour drive. The Braised Onion will be added to our short list of "special dining" locations. (If we lived closer, it clearly would be one our regular stops)!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeCharlesDined on 11/15/2013Great Food, Great atmosphere, Great prices, Great musicSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fairfood7543Dined on 11/3/2013Our experience was fair. One member of our party had to return his meal, which was suppose to be a house special, as the meat was to tough to eat and he said had no flavor(ribs) Another one ordered steak medium and it was rare except around the edge. The restaurant did allow a replacement meal but that caused the member to have his meal after the rest of the party had almost finished eating. Our waiter was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable prices..OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/25/2013We went to dinner here a couple of weeks ago and I would highly recommend this restaurant. I had the Chicken Pot Pie and it was excellent. My husband had the Liver and he said it was great. We will go back to this restaurant. Thank you Felix for creating such an outstanding restaurant! JBSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding ServicePepperDined on 10/20/2013The service provided by our waitress was fabulous. One staff member did not come in and the bartender was a no show but you would never have known. I can just imagine how good the service will be when they have a full complement of staff members. Oh, and by the way, the food was excellent, served hot and oh so tasty. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always enjoy our dinners here.CarolDined on 10/18/2013Always enjoy our dinners here. Occasionally they have wine dinners here and they have been wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rave 4 the Onion2dine4Dined on 10/18/2013Walked in and greeted by hostess who made you feel comfortable and relaxed. The dining room was comfortable and relaxing atmosphere. The colors made you feel it was fall a romantic time. Dinner was great. I never tasted an egg plant dish that was so thin, it tastes like a pasta. Great job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJohcarcDined on 9/26/2013Very impressed with the decor. When seated our server was right there offering drink & menu suggestions. After ordering & getting our fed rinks she was back refilling water and tea glasses. Most impressive is when our meals arrived they were all hot, a rare occuracne these days. The booth area where we sat was a little loud but overall everyone in our party of four had a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Elegant Charm & Great Quality Foodvolgrad02Dined on 9/22/2013When we arrived, it was a little noisy, but as the crowds left, it died down a bit. The atmosphere was great. The colors were vibrant and the servers for the most part were cute/attractive. The food was amazing and some of the best we've had in Ocala. We drove over an hour to checkout the place since we wanted to try something new and just found it randomly on the internet. Overall, we were very pleased and we'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Satisfied CustomerastutedinerDined on 9/19/2013Our cocktails were excellent and large. Food was cooked to perfection and our waiter was very attentive. We dine here before every Ocala civic theatre production,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and great service.TravelingfoodieDined on 9/10/2013Excellent food and great service. Will be going back the next time I'm in Ocala.
- Excellent foodsusanDined on 9/7/2013ordered several different appetizers and entrees for our group. each and every dish was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomepickyeaterDined on 8/27/2013Great service...amazing food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceLovetoeatDined on 8/17/2013Food is always good, comes out hot and very tasty. Service is great and bartender makes a great drink.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was our first time at ThepeachyDined on 8/14/2013It was our first time at The Braised Onion. We cannot wait to go again. The staff made it a perfect evening, and the food was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant is consistent.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2013This restaurant is consistent. It has outstanding food at moderate prices. Ambiance is more like a New York restaurant than typical to central Florida. It is one of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A night to rememberChocoholicDined on 8/3/2013From start to finish this was a great experience. The food is fantastic! I will be recommending this restaurant to everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braised OnionsarahnauatDined on 7/21/2013Was delicious the second time around. My first visit was lacking in taste, but we gave it another shot and was not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv B. OnionJoyatBODined on 6/15/2013Our neighbors joined us for a short drive from The Villages to our favorite place to eat in Ocala. The trip was in heavy rain, but the trip to the Braised Onion was and always is well worth it. All four of us had different meals and each was excellent. The service, ambiance and value are outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in Ocala!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/15/2013My parents and I had the best dining experience here on Saturday evening! Jeremy is the best server for real! The drinks and food were outstanding. Parents had martinis up with twists and I had their Summer Special Mango Tango Cosmo which I highly recommend. They loved the prime rib and said it was the best!! I loved the lemon chicken too! My mom really enjoyed the mac & cheese too. Brownie dessert was delish! I thought the hostess (unsure of her title/name) was really cool too. Thanks to the whole staff including Chef Felix for a fabulous Father's Day celebration.Special Features:
- OUr New Favorite RestaurantvillagerDined on 6/11/2013This was the second time we dined at The Braised Onion. The first visit was so good that we again took another couple with us, We were not disappointed. The menu is billed as "comfort food with an attitude", and it describes it well. Comfort foods included meat loaf and chicken pot pie (with real pie crust!) and both were excellent. Other entrees ordered were pecan crusted salmon ("best ever"), Norwegian salmon, pasta with seafood, pork shank, and chicken marsala ("wonderful"). Everything was perfectly seasoned. Side dishes and salads were attractive and fresh. The crowning glory is their bread pudding - a base of crème brulee with caramel-glazed topping - be sure to order this, even if to share!Special Features:
- AtmosphericJewelsDined on 5/31/2013My 2nd visit with friends and it's our new hot spot for dining and celebrating birthdays etc. The DJ carries the evening making everyone want to dance or sing or certainly listen to the genre appropriate music. Jason was our waiter and what great service he provided- smiling, knowledgeable, attentive and genuine! We love your place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/25/2013We all had a delicious meal. The service was excellent. The noise level was a little high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!fortitudesDined on 5/24/2013They have the best crab cakes I have ever tasted.. You have to try it. And for dessert their creme brulee tasted so light and just melts in your mouth. Our waiter Tony is very friendy. I would definitely come back and recommend this place to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food best in the areaLuvfoodDined on 5/15/2013Great food best in the area for the price. The noise level is high. The waiter was not the best this visit but his co- workers tried to pick up his slack .Love the sangria. We bring all of our out of town guest there for dinner. We have been to the Braised Onion serveral times and recommend it to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in areaOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/14/2013The BRaised Onion is a great restaurant which always serves outststanding meals at terrific prices. I would recommend this restaurat to anyone who is into fine cuisine in an excellent environment and outstanding service. Terrific choice for a great night out!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything about this restaurantAmchanDined on 5/10/2013Everything about this restaurant us notable, especially since it's located in Ocala, Fl. From the time you walk in to the time you walk out is a god experience. The staff is friendly and very astute to your needs. The decor is wonderful--definitely doesn't feel casual even though the attire is. The only thing negative is that the acoustics in the place cause it to get pretty loud when there are a lot of people there. Other than that everything is great. Reasonable prices, tasty food, and excellent service. Oh, and the pastry chef is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the trip!villagerDined on 5/1/2013Went as party of four. Restaurant much more upscale than expected - great décor, live music, friendly service. Menu had wide selection, from comfort foods like chicken pot pie with real pie crust (yum) to pork shanks and pecan crusted salmon, and great sides. Onion loaf appetizer was excellent. All were attractively served. Prices were reasonable. Only tried one dessert, tiramisu, and it was delicious. Wil return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013The food was terrific and I am very glad that I made reservations. The noise level wasn't great for conversation, but the noise was from people having a good time while enjoying their meal. Our server was very friendly, but almost too quick. We hadn't finished our appetizers before she appeared with our entrees making us feel a little rushed to eat and leave. This didn't feel like she was trying to be mean; only a little too focused on fast service rather than quality service. Overall, the food was great and we will be back.
- Food Area too small for crowd.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Food Area too small for crowd. Could use more space to navigate each station.
- Excellent holiday buffetsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Excellent holiday buffets and wonderful employees.Special Features:
- Wine list doesn't list vintagesFredofPlanoVIPDined on 3/30/2013Wine list doesn't list vintages but the Claret I odered was served in a decent glass.Special Features:
- Service and food was prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/23/2013Service and food was pretty good. The oonly real negative was the noise level --- they should do something about the acoustics.Special Features:
- My wife and I with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/21/2013My wife and I with friends and now family have been to the restaurant several times and have always found it to be excellent. The menu is great as well as the food. The service has been outstanding and we consider it to be our favorite restaurant in the area. They do a great job in providing a pleasant and enjoyable dining experience at the right price. Keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Everything was perfectouttolunchVIPDined on 3/3/2013Off the beaten track a bit- this place was wonderful. The range of choices is welcome as there is something for everyone. Every detail has a real chef's attention written all over it. Our server was excellent; so kind and solicitous to my elderly Dad. The value is amazing- great food at fair prices. Eclectic and fun decor. Can't wait to go back.
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/27/2013I have not found a single item on the menu I did not enjoy.Special Features: