Braddock's - New Jersey
39 South Main Street
Medford, NJ 08055Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Braddock's - New Jersey
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.braddocks.com/
- Phone: 6096541604
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Menu: Available all day in both the restaurant and pub
Tuesday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Timothy Eliason
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our website or call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private Party Facilities are exceptional with accommodations for 6 to 150 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Banquet Department 8888850609
- Special Events: *Surf & Turf Tuesdays - 3 Courses for $29.95 - Every Tuesday starting at 5:00pm *Conversations with Chris - Spiritual readings of the past, present and future, mediumship and tarot - Every Thursday starting at 5:00pm *Happy Hour - Drink specials every day from 4:30pm-6:30pm - Complimentary hors d'oeuvres on Wednesdays & Fridays **Please view the calendar section of our website for details and other special events!
A word from Braddock's - New Jersey
Nestled in the charm of the Historic Village of Medford, New Jersey, Braddock's offers Casual Gourmet Dining featuring a romantic ambiance in a colonial style setting. Under new ownership Braddock's offers an interesting, innovative and diversified dining cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Braddock's - New Jersey reviews from OpenTable diners
- Wonderful food !foodieDined on 11/23/2013Wonderful food! the service was fantastic as well! Braddock's has always been one of my South jersey favorite places. I love the building and its colonial ambiance. Filet Mignon was perfect and melted in your mouth! Brussels sprouts were pan braised with bacon and were cooked perfectly. The serving staff are very helpful and attentive.Special Features:
- Very disappointingPattiGDined on 11/9/2013This is certainly not the Braddock's of old! The menu has been changed from fine dining to a pub menu, and the quality has plummetted! The food was mediocre at best and the service was pretty poor also. I wno't be going back.
- Had high hopes...JenaDined on 11/2/2013We visited here on a whim for our 10th anniversary. Unfortunately we were less than impressed. Our apps were good (limp crab cocktail and calamari - not too heavy on the batter), but the Cesar salad was overdressed and the croutons were stale. I had the lemon drop martini which seemed a but watered down for my taste and the price. My husband had the pork chop which looked good, but my fish was far over cooked to the point where it was not edible. I dislike sending dishes back, but there was no redeeming this one. We did not stay for dessert. It's a shame that it did not work out!!
- The menu was limited. TheDanaDined on 10/26/2013The menu was limited. The ambience and food don't really match. This used to be an upscale restaurant. The ambience is upscale, but the menu doesn't fit. The food we ordered was very good, however!Special Features:
- Halloween SkyboxJulieTexDined on 10/26/2013We couldn't have chosen a better place to watch the Medford parade from: spectacular food, ambiance and great service! Not to mention the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely old tavernbasketlady88Dined on 10/24/2013Had lunch here with 3 other friends and there was a special of 2 items for $10.00 (a salad or soup & a sandwich or entrée). Good choices and I had the carrot ginger soup which was really good. Our server was EXCELLENT. Very attentive and ever so nice. My only complaint is the price of the iced tea ($3.00) and the tea and/or coffee...also $3.00. Other than that it was a good choice. Lots of parking on the street during lunchtime (at least when we were there).Special Features:
- First time at Braddocks andmixedemotionsDined on 10/19/2013First time at Braddocks and it was our one-year anniversary. We were so disappointed in the service that we received. The waiter seemed like he belonged in a Denny's rather than an upscale establishment. The food, however, was excellent. The Lobster Livingston is TO DIE FOR. The filet was decadent and paired well with the bacon braised brussel sprouts. The seafood appetizer was fresh and there was plenty for both of us. Definitely recommend dining at Braddocks, but not for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BraddocksBobbyDined on 10/19/2013The food was fair. The lambchops were ok, but I believe it should have been served with Mint Jelly instead of the gravy. It would have been better. Also a fresh vegetable like stringbeans or peas would have been more appropriate then the salad. The French Onion soup was great. My wife liked the Tomato Bisque soup, it was delicious, abaked potato would have been better. Leave off the sauce on the Filet Minion steak, nothing like the natural taste. Instead of the sauce, treat before cooking will th worcester sauce. The menue would be better separated from the main menue. More balanced look. The restaurant was known for its quite and Ambiance. TVS in the Dining Room aliitle too much.Special Features:
- Food not that great...lannymDined on 10/12/2013Entrees were very expensive ($30) considering the quality of the food. I wouldn't recommend it, especially with all the really good restaurants in S. Jersey.
- Braddocks SaturdayBl203VIPDined on 10/12/2013It was ok - not as good as I remembered but certainly a good place to eat. I had the short ribs that were tender and tasteful.'They allow smoking on the porch which carries into the dining room at times. Either no smoking or have to close the doors/windows.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have/Should have been BetterLaxmom2Dined on 10/12/2013Cute restaurant on Main street is where a friend and I chose to meet for lunch. We were given the standard menu and the $10 special menu. We both ordered from the $10 menu and for that price received a nice salad and our main course: half a sandwich for her and 1 shrimp & crab cake for me. For lunch, the amount of food was perfect, although the fish cake was not large by any means. When the bill came, I noticed I was charged $13 and when I asked about this, the waitress told me that I should have looked to the right to see that there were some price adjustments. This is a 1 page $10 special menu with only about 5 selections. If there are some adjustments, not easily seen, why call it a $10 menu. Won't go back.Special Features:
- Love Braddock'sJanMDined on 10/11/2013We love going to Braddock's. The food is always wonderful and the old house atmosphere is very quaint. The bar has alot of energy and we have to try going there just for a casual night out. We usually go to Braddock's when we are celebrating a special occasion or for a quiet date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Anniversary DinnerSupergrannyDined on 10/5/2013We dined at Braddock's to celebrate our 45th anniversary. It was a very good choice. The food was excellent, as was the service. We loved the historic building, and the ambiance it provided. Husband had the chicken and crab, which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the filet mignon, and it was prepared perfectly. We enjoyed our dinner very much, and will be back when we have another special occasion to celebrate. It was a little pricey for more frequent visits, as much as we would enjoy dining there more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/29/2013One of my favorite places in the area. Great food and good selection of cocktails and beer.Special Features:
- Always perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2013Food, service. Atmosphere - our favorite restaurant. We've been going there for many years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful time at Braddock's!alikinsDined on 8/7/2013This quaint historic restaurant is a real gem! Food and service were both fabulous. We will definitely return. Five stars from me.Special Features:
- Loved it!AnniversaryDined on 8/6/2013My husband and I went for our anniversary and it was perfect! Everyone was very friendly and the service was good! The food was very good! He had the surf and turf special an I had the soup and flatbread! The drinks were delicious and they have a good wine selection! I would tell anyone if they are eating in Medford to definitely try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Lunch Menu Is a Great Value!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/6/2013The new lunch menu for $10 is fantastic! I tried it during restaurant week and have been two more times since they kept it going. Pair the two courses with a drink from the bar and its still the best deal around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special placedakotaDined on 7/30/2013We celebrated our 25th here in the restaurant on the 1st floor. Lovely seating, pleasant server, above average food preparation. My wifes scallops were perfect, the cheese board appetizer was interesting and ample. My meatloaf was well cooked but moist and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing special...PhillyPhoodieDined on 7/27/2013Food was worth the $35 farm to fork price but I could've been just as happy with Pizza and Wings somewhere or cooking at home. Def won't be back. On top of the subpar food - we asked to make an allergy exception in which the waiter agreed to accept, the change was reflected on the bill. RIDICULOUS... Won't be back and already started telling friends about the experience.
- Could be a neighborhood gemKuklaDined on 7/26/2013Could be a neighborhood gem if they could get service right. We waited 15 minutes for a glass of wine, after our server put the wine glasses on the table. There were only 4 other tables seated in the dining room. Waited another 15 for server to take our order, then 15 after we were finished eating and had to ask for the check. He then brought the wrong check. We noticed the manager doing a great job servicing those he was familiar with, but not bothering to meet those he didn't know.
- Food - nothing to brag aboutPatbasVIPDined on 7/24/2013I haven't been to Braddocks in years so we thought we would try it during fork to farm week. The ambience is good, but the food was very disappointing. The salad was soggy, I had blackened chicken with shrimp, the chicken was dry and the shrimp was like rubber. The peach cobbler was very good though. So, I would recommend this restaurant for drinks and peach cobbler.
- Enjoyed a quiet, relaxingmotherDined on 6/16/2013Enjoyed a quiet, relaxing lunch with my adult son. The food was tasty with a nice choice of selections. Are waiter was attentive without being intrusive. The town of Medford is also nice to visit. Would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not their best on Mothers DayBobpVIPDined on 5/12/2013I have had many wonderful meals here bot they were not on their game on Mother's Day. It took 20 minuted to take a drink order that ended up wrong. Eggs Benedict tasted like it was made earlier and not hot or fresh. I will try them again. But will pass on a holidays
- Overpriced and food was fairDeniseVIPDined on 5/12/2013We went for Mother's Day brunch - two families. We had been to Braddock's years ago for brunch so we thought it'd be a nice choice. We had a banquet room for privacy and quiet which worked out well. The food was very fair, we expected more. The french toast was very dry and most who ordered it did not eat it. The quiche was very fair, as well. No drink or flower was added which would've been a nice touch and we've experienced elsewhere for Mother's Day. We will not be rushing back there.
- Although the food was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/27/2013Although the food was good (not great), it was very over-priced. We did not find the ambiance or service worth the extra dollars. We were disappointed.
- We had the Crispy Duck andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013We had the Crispy Duck and Veal Medallions. Both were cooked perfectly and tasty. A nice change from the usual menu.Special Features:
- Great place for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Went for Four course dinner. Everything was delicious and done right.Special Features:
- Had a great Easter dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Had a great Easter dinner. The food was delicious and the staff were friendly (but not too friendly) and helpful. Also, it was quiet! No noisy music so that we could have nice conversation.Special Features:
- BobBobcatVIPDined on 3/23/2013Our Filet was overcooked and the quality of the meat was average. The wine we ordered was a full body cab and the glasses they served the wine in were not the proper size. The atmosphere is nice and cozy, but they need to add more selection to their menu. The entrees on the menu are very limited. If they try a little harder with their food quality and selection, I think they would be OK. My feeling is that they are not that busy so they are keeping their food that they serve a liitle too long than if they were busy and sold the food quickly. That is my opinion and I think it is accurate. I had a similiar result the last time I dined here. I think for them to be busier they have to have better food.
- A south Jersey gem!dineoftenVIPDined on 3/23/2013A south Jersey gem in an authentic historical setting. From the first greeting at the door, the evening was totally enjoyable. Service was excellent. Our server was attentive and knowledgeable with a great sense of humor. The food was very good and delivered to the table without delays. Great wines! The very personable manager visited our table to make sure all was to our liking. The banana spring roll dessert was the best!
- We sat in the pub sectionSummerSueDined on 3/21/2013We sat in the pub section and the service was excellent and the wait staff very nice and friendly . Four old ladies celebrating for 3 hours would try anyone's patience. They were great. Also- hats off to the card reader -It was a fun night.
- I ate at here for restaurantbalkiDined on 3/20/2013I ate at here for restaurant week. I had a later reservation during the week so the restaurant was empty. We were seated upstairs on the "heated deck" but I think they forgot to turn on the heat as it was freezing there. There were only two other tables eating upstairs which were just finishing up as we got there. It was odd that they would even seat us upstairs when it was so dead there. There was no radio or anything so it was extremely quiet. Dinner was a 4 course meal for $35, however there were entrees and appetizers which cost extra. The food overall was good, but the salad had way too much dressing and the filet mignon was a little over cooked and dry. Overall it wasn't bad but, the check at the end was $100 and I expected mor
- The food was good - nothingCharlieVIPDined on 3/17/2013The food was good - nothing objectionable but nothing that I couldn't do myself. The appetizer of smoked salmon with pickled apple and fried kale was a good starter. The carrot soup with ancho chilis was a good spin on carrot soup - spicy but not overly so and thank goodness not cloyingly sweet. The entree of shrimp fritters was the highlight. The chocolate bourbon cake (where was the bourbon?) looked like something from a diner's revolving glass display case. I'd return but I wouldn't beat a path to the door.Special Features:
- The place is charming, youOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/7/2013The place is charming, you actually feel as if you are a part of the beginning of this country. The service was excellent and our table was right in front of the fire, perfect. The food however, was disappointing. My halibut was overcooked and not by just a little. I suppose I should have specified how I wanted it done. And the wine list was pedestrian, maybe most of the patrons drink beer. But I would return.Special Features:
- The wait staff mistakenlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2013The wait staff mistakenly discarded my vegetable side instead of packing it and when I asked for it, she admitted so but then went and got me a whole new vegetable side to take home! So unexpected but really very nice.Special Features:
- We have been dining at Braddock'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/3/2013We have been dining at Braddock's Tavern for several decades. It has always been a restaurant the provides excellent service and wonderful food.Special Features:
- Braddock's is a very old buildingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Braddock's is a very old building with a lot of old time charm, we had dinner in the lower part next to a fireplace and was really great on this cold night for a delayed Valentine's dinner. There was real fresh flowers on the table along with candelight and fresh linen. Service was really good,food cooked to order and very tasty. Wine selection was good and with the portion of food we didn't have room for dessert. I would recommend Braddock's for any special occasion or lunch in the bar area.Special Features:
- Valentine's DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013The atmosphere is amazing. On a cold winter's evening, it's like walking into an English pub. Dark with glowing lights and oozing with the phenomenal scents of rich gravy and roasted meats. You immediately feel the warmth of the fireplaces and the aroma stirs your appetite. On Valentine's evening the place was packed and yet our group of six could hear each other speak in regular voices. A hummus and fruit plate appetizer paired with our various wines very well. Wonderful salads came before large, juicy (fabulous) burgers and meatloaf, a gourmet chicken wrap, and the child's creamy mac and cheese. Can't say enough good things.... We all loved it!Special Features:
- Great Evening at BraddocksOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 2/14/2013We went for a return visit to Braddocks after a year about a year of not dining there. We were very pleasently surprised with the food, wait staff and atmosphere. We look forward to going back again soon. If you have not been to Braddocks in a while it is worth the visit!Special Features: