Braddock's American Brasserie
107 Sixth Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Braddock's American Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.braddocksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4129922005
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7am to 11am
Saturday and Sunday Breakfast Buffet: 8am to 12pm
Lunch Daily: 11am to 2pm
Dinner Sunday to Thursday: 5pm to 9pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday: 5pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jason Shaffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Braddock's offers Private dining for up to 35 guests on our second floor private dining room.
Braddock's also offers office happy hours and whiskey tastings. For information on each please contact Kristen Jervis (412-992-2041)
- Private Party Facilities: Braddock's American Brasserie is THE place in downtown Pittsburgh to plan your next group event. We take pride in our unique, relaxed dining atmosphere and aim to provide you with attentive, unpretentious service. If you're looking for a completely private area to hold your next celebration party, corporate event, holiday party or family get- together we would be delighted to have you join us. Braddock's mezzanine area seats up to 40 guests comfortably in a variety of formats that we can arrange to your specifications. Groups of 15 or more guests are required to work with our management and culinary team to develop a custom and/or preset menu to help expedite service. Pricing, details and menu availability are developed on a case-by-case basis.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Jervis 4129922041x
- Special Events: Whiskey Wednesday - Weekly Each Wednesday 5:00pm - 7:00pm. Whiskey Tasting
A word from Braddock's American Brasserie
Braddock's creates experiences where food, drink and inspired design meet and mix. Whether joining us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner or lingering over drinks, Braddock's clientele are hungry for life and eager to savor new experiences in which food is an entree to adventure. Our concept features a distinctive scene and subtly fused local vibe. Braddock's is the perfect gathering point, before or after a show, on you way to a sporting event, or after a long day at the office. Braddock's offers a creative mix of menu items and the biggest bourbon collection in Pittsburgh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Braddock's American Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (49)romantic (32)fit for foodies (22)good for groups (17)neighborhood gem (13)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (9)notable wine list (7)late-night find (6)great for lunch (6)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Anniversary DinnerWykoffDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time dining here. The dinners were great and the wine selection was very substantial. Would recommend for a nice dinner and evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will returnZacharyDined on 8/22/2014Second time eating here and it won't be our last. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I think the food was great, for the adults. My kids didn't like the food at all. The staff tried to change it for them a few times so the service was great. Waitress, Michelle,was friendly and helpful. prices are steep, been to much more exclusive for much less. Another issue is there is no restroom. you have to go to the second floor of the hotel to go pee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gussieboe2123Dined on 8/15/2014We have been to Braddock's on several occasions and have always had a great meal. This past visit we were celebrating my husband's birthday and the evening was quite memorable. The food was extremely delicious and our server, Justin, went out of his way to make our dinner experience a grand experience. Highly recommend the restaurant to all our friends and relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!pichlesDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant itself is inside the Renaissance Hotel in Pittsburgh, directly across from PNC Park. The service was excellent, as well as the food. There were 2 in my party and we ordered the short rib pierogies, and were thrilled we did. The plate had 3 pierogies over a bed of flavored leeks, topped with a beef reduction sauce. Amazing. For dinner we shared the seared scallops over polenta, and the weinersnitzlel with red cabbage and spaetzle. Both dishes were excellent. The wine list was pricy, we opted for a glass of the house red. Overall, a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Event VenuePghGalDined on 8/2/2014Love to eat here before events at the Benedum and Heinz Hall. Staff sensitive to the fact that you have someplace to be later! Great cocktail and whiskey selection in addition to the wines. Excellent food; we both recommend the scallops and the salmon. Wonderful place to start a night on the town!Special Features:
- Pittsburgh GemPLR15Dined on 8/1/2014One of Pittsburgh's best kept secrets for amazing food. Great place to eat in the Cultural District before a performance. Great food and service with a nice ambiance. We have eaten here regularly have have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodHelenmkDined on 7/27/2014Went here with my husband and son (baby) during the Sephora benefit event that was going on in the lobby. It was a little noisy, but it was the perfect distraction for my son. Food as usual was delicious, my husband ordered the specials and ate every bite, I ordered the chicken. Make sure you order the braised beef appetizer with creamed leeks, it's a great blend of flavors. I didn't even know they served deserts. I got an apple crisp and my husband got a s'mores desert. Both were very delicious. We had an enjoyable evening out. Reservations are needed on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown "Gem"577nitroVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant for some time. Well this weekend we did and what a pleasant surprise. From amazing setting to superb food and service at fair prices made it a very nice dinner across the board. The lobby of the hotel is worth seeing in itself and the restaurant is really well restored to timely glory. Very nice menu with a wide variety also of small plates/appetizers and good selection of entrees. Was NOT at all busy for a Saturday night. Anyone looking for a solid place for a great dinner in downtown Pittsburgh MUST give Braddocks a try...we did and will be back again for sure!!Special Features:
- Good Pre Theatre farekaiaVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had two tasty meals prior to heading over to Heinz Hall.
- Pre show dinnerGAS7Dined on 7/25/2014A nice place for pre show dinner which is never crowded.Special Features:
- Good foodMsPickyDined on 7/13/2014This was my second visit to Braddock's, both were pleasant dining experiences. The atmosphere was relaxed, sometimes you hear a few shouts from the bar if a game is on, but over all its quiet. The staff is friendly and efficient. The food was very good on both occasionsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friends!!SuperdutyDined on 7/12/2014Our dinner on Saturday night was perfect.From the time we were seated till we left everything was spot on. The food was outstanding.Our waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable on the menu.Her recommendations on the menu was outstanding. We are looking forward to returning for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks!BraddockSmashDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoyed sampling the delicious cocktails. Also, neat dessert selection and delicious steak. The service was attentive without being annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-show mealMoonmaidenDined on 7/11/2014Four of us ate here before a theatre performance and everyone enjoyed the meal. Two ordered the petit filet and two ordered the dinner salads. The salads were large and filled with fresh items. The steaks were tender and the sides were tasty. The noise level was rather loud due to a large group seated in the center of the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great location great service & foodOut2eatoff10Dined on 6/30/2014We go here often as it the perfect location before any of the pittsburgh theaters- It is a very comfortable atmosphere. The Food is great, the service has always been wonderful. The every changing Perogi feature is always a treat!Special Features:
- Wine whine, wedding bell blues...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2014Food was outstanding, damn shame that there was annoying noise from a very nearby wedding at the hotel and that the wine list is priced up in the stratosphere (food was reasonably priced, to be fair.) I love wine with a nice dinner but there is no way I am going to pay $60+ for a wine I routinely put on my table at home for $16. And I enjoy quiet during a meal, but they insist on opening the restaurant to the lobby letting in all manner of noise including the aforementioned wedding party. If you are hard of hearing (or love noise) and don't drink (or too wealthy to care about the price of the wine) then you must dine here, the food really is VERY good.
- Not as good as usualOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2014I've always been pleased with Braddock's, but this time something was missing with the food. In particular, the crab cake starter had much more filler, and the "Pork & Beans" (braised pork shank) was lacking in flavor, in fact it seemed to be "warmed up". Perhaps it was warmed up before as well, but this time it lacked the zing I'm used to. Next time I'll try the Kielbasa started, and something else for my entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very impressed.BradK72VIPDined on 6/27/2014It was my first time. It definitely won't be the last. The filet was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DinnerDinner4TwoDined on 6/27/2014I honestly never heard of this place, but saw the good reviews on Open Table and decided to give it a try before seeing a show. Honestly it was one of the best dinners my wife and I have ever had. Her Gnocchi and Lobster dish was so light and delicious and my salmon was cooked perfectly. Can't recommend it more.Special Features:
- Not all of my party was impressedTheonlymacheteDined on 6/27/2014There were 3 of dining. The apps were fantastic and my steak was great, however the rest of party were not happy with their meal ( fish and chips and the 1/2 chicken). We loved their Moscow mule and chocolate martinis.Special Features:
- Awesome food and service!smokemonsterDined on 6/27/2014Everything we got was fantastic. Every staff member we talked to was extremely friendly and professional. My husband and I have already made reservations to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't godisappointedDined on 6/26/2014I expected this to be a four star restaurant from the comments from other customer. I never expected to have to ask for water that I saw on other tables but was not offered. The Crab Cakes were served with a side of a few sparse asparagus. The presentation of this meal was not good! When I commented to the waiter about this he offered to bring me "more" sparse looking asparagus not a different side. We also ordered ice tea that came with no ice, lemon, straw or ice tea soon. Bread, which we also had to ask for was stall. This was not one of our better meals and will not be returning. I realize many of the issues were with the server, but some of the problems were directly with the restaurants management.
- FABULOUS FINDPattyandFriendsDined on 6/26/2014My friend and I were going to the theater and decided to try Braddock's for dinner. A salmon dish was the special that evening, and oh, what a delightful dish it turned out to be! It was a special northern salmon over a layer of artichokes, feta and rice, and topped with a tomato pesto and sprigs of greens. My friend had filet mignon, which was just melt-in-your mouth delicious. Our server was very attentive, but not invasive. We will definitely go back to Braddock's American Brasserie again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no expectationsbgtrfvVIPDined on 6/24/2014We decided to try Braddock's at the Renaissance before the CLO because we had a gift certificate. What an excellent experience it was! The food was great and the service was even better. They let us split a salad and an entre so that we would have room for the tomato bisque which was outstanding. Just a short walk from the Benedum this is a new top choice for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service, Par excellence!Hard2pleaseDined on 6/21/2014Their Mahi-Mahi special was every bit what the waitress described, it had a lot of taste. The 18 oz bone-in ribeye steak was tender and juicy. I was pleasantly surprised there was hardly any fat and the bone the size of a lamb chop. It came with potatoes and asparagus. Both cooked to perfection! We have made this restaurant our dining place every time we come to town for symphonies and broadway shows.Special Features:
- Great place to dine!JoeDVIPDined on 6/20/2014Had a fantastic experience at this restaurant. Had the filet and it was cooked to perfection. Service was great. Was not busy - reasonable price for the meal. Would definitely recommend this location!Special Features:
- Excellent dining before the shownipponophileDined on 6/1/2014We chose Braddock's for our double-date-night dinner because it was next door to the Byham, where we had tickets to the show, and was very convenient. While we had eaten in the bar before and found it to be quite excellent, we'd never sat in the restaurant before, but had high hopes due to our previous experience. We were not disappointed. Every aspect of the meal was fabulous, from the ambience to the service to the cocktails to the food, all met or exceeded all of our expectations. We shared the featured appetizer, and all got different entrees and cocktails, and everyone was quite satisfied - the ingredients and preparation was delicious, and the portions were quite generous. We will definitely be patronizing them in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet LunchOhioFoodieDined on 5/31/2014My husband, son and I had a wonderful lunch. We had been on the road for five hours prior to lunch and wanted a quiet place to visit with my son and relax. The staff was friendly, attentive and made menu suggestions. We stayed in the hotel housing this restaurant, and liked both the Renaissance Hotel and Braddock's . The sandwich portions were large enough to share, and were delicious. The staff was happy to split them for us. We will definitely eat at this restaurant and stay in this hotel again when we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprise!Mar1427Dined on 5/30/2014Just delightful! We had a reservation for dinner before going to the Symphony. The dining room was quite empty to my dismay! Not a good sign! However everything we ordered was perfect and we'll come back often!
- likedmarciaVIPDined on 5/30/2014perfect for before concerts will go again..can have a light meal or afine dining meal
- RonnieVIPDined on 5/30/2014This restaurant in the Pgh Renaissance hotel has changed a bit over the years. It is more conventional -- and continental -- now but very good. We enjoyed a great bruschetta appetizer with goat cheese and roasted red peppers (instead of the usual tomato chunks), followed by two great entrees: a large, fresh Caesar salad topped with chicken, and my Amish chicken half accompanied by a wonderful red pepper polenta. I didn't even think i liked polenta, but this was great. They also gladly swapped another veggie for me when I said no to the asparagus that was offered. Nice setting and fun to watch people come and go through the hotel lobby, esp on a prom night.Special Features:
- Nice downtown diningramblerDined on 5/30/2014We went on a Friday evening (early) before the symphony. Pleasant, timely service, good drinks from the bar, very good food. Setting was reasonably quiet (it was still early) and dignified (no kids, probably too expensive). Price was quite reasonable ($300 for five, including tip) for downtown. One minor flaw -- the bathroom was pretty far away. But, that certainly did not detract from a very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Braddock's Never DisappointsTinaBeeDined on 5/24/2014Beet and goat cheese salad, Chef Red's potato gnocchi. Schedule confession because something this good must surely be a sin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!Ejd1Dined on 5/23/2014There were four of us, we all had something different and we were all very pleased. My crab cakes were the best I have had. My husbands salmon with whiskey glaze was prepared perfectly....not over cooked. We were all too full for dessert but the dessert selections looked wonderful. We will definitely be going back.....and saving room for dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner and breakfastFlowerDined on 5/20/2014Dinner was superb! My husband and I loved our meals, just melted in your mouth! My husbands' breakfast was better than mine. I had the French toast and it appeared and tasted as if regular thin bread was used, nothing special.Special Features:
- Excellent EverythingMareZee929Dined on 5/16/2014We've eaten here twice and will be back often. The food is outstanding. Prices are a bit high, but are comparable to similar restaurants of this quality. Service was superb. Everything - from the goat cheese/beet salad (available as a side or a meal) to the "lick the plate" Whisky Glazed Salmon - was delicious and cooked perfectly. It's in the Cultural District, so this place is perfect before or after shows. Hands down, best choice for a great meal if you're heading to any of the venues in the area.Special Features:
- Not for Brunch...DashDined on 5/11/2014My husband and I took our parents here for the Mother's Day brunch buffet, and I was underwhelmed, to say the least. For nearly $40 a person, I had expected fresh, quickly-rotating, well-prepared food. Unfortunately, a few of the dishes seemed to have been overcooked and then left to sit open in their warming trays for quite a while, making them dry and tough. They also sat us in a corner of the lobby where they had their dirty dish station RIGHT behind us, which was not very pleasant. Lastly, we were surprised that a 20% gratuity was automatically added for our server, despite the meal being a buffet. She did occasionally bring us drinks and take our plates, but 20% is usually only standard, in my experience, for a full-service meal.Special Features:
- A special occasion ruinedPiperich3Dined on 5/11/2014I took my wife and family to Braddocks for Mothers Day brunch expecting an upscale experience. We were bitterly disappointed. We certainly paid an upscale price, over $260 for a party of six. Once you got past the impressive lobby the dining area was hotel plain. The food was fair overall. The service was the worst I have had in years. We had duly made reservations for 10am but arrived at 9:50 to find the buffet not completed, a long line of people and no one seating. We then had to wait for a table to be cleared and set until 10:20 to be seated despite multiple tables set and ready. At 10:45 I had to find a busboy to get a waiter. Just horrible.
- saved by the valeticeberglettucesucksDined on 5/9/2014We almost always get great food here, and it's great to wait for others in the beautiful lobby. This time, with bizarro traffic, the valet service is the only way we made dinner and the theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.