Braddock's American Brasserie
107 Sixth Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Braddock's American Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.braddocksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (412) 992-2005
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7am to 11am
Saturday and Sunday Breakfast Buffet: 8am to 12pm
Lunch Daily: 11am to 2pm
Dinner Sunday to Thursday: 5pm to 9pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday: 5pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jason Shaffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Braddock's offers Private dining for up to 35 guests on our second floor private dining room.
Braddock's also offers office happy hours and whiskey tastings. For information on each please contact Kristen Jervis (412-992-2041)
- Private Party Facilities: Braddock's American Brasserie is THE place in downtown Pittsburgh to plan your next group event. We take pride in our unique, relaxed dining atmosphere and aim to provide you with attentive, unpretentious service. If you're looking for a completely private area to hold your next celebration party, corporate event, holiday party or family get- together we would be delighted to have you join us. Braddock's mezzanine area seats up to 40 guests comfortably in a variety of formats that we can arrange to your specifications. Groups of 15 or more guests are required to work with our management and culinary team to develop a custom and/or preset menu to help expedite service. Pricing, details and menu availability are developed on a case-by-case basis.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Jervis 4129922041x
- Special Events: Whiskey Wednesday - Weekly Each Wednesday 5:00pm - 7:00pm. Whiskey Tasting
A word from Braddock's American Brasserie
Braddock's creates experiences where food, drink and inspired design meet and mix. Whether joining us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner or lingering over drinks, Braddock's clientele are hungry for life and eager to savor new experiences in which food is an entree to adventure. Our concept features a distinctive scene and subtly fused local vibe. Braddock's is the perfect gathering point, before or after a show, on you way to a sporting event, or after a long day at the office. Braddock's offers a creative mix of menu items and the biggest bourbon collection in Pittsburgh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Braddock's American Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (55)fit for foodies (43)romantic (42)good for groups (40)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (19)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (13)late-night find (6)great for brunch (6)hot spot (6)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- A Pittsburgh GemPLR15Dined on 11/22/2014We dine regularly at this restaurant before cultural district events and special occasions. The food has always been excellent as has the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Menu!GeorgeA2Dined on 11/20/2014Excellent variety on the menu! Free valet parking. Great place for dinner before a show. Highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mikeDined on 11/20/2014great food love the special perogies. The pork chop and cheddar grits are sooo good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great pre-show mealMoonmaidenDined on 11/14/2014My husband and I dined with friends here before a show at the Byham. Everyone enjoyed their meals. The salads and tomato soup were hits. Our server was friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food quality is tops!davechrsDined on 11/8/2014The food quality was excellent - from the small bread loaf, to the Kielbasa small plate to the pasta and salmon entrees. I will look forward to our next visit there. The ambiance was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, but limited and noisyZiggyVIPDined on 11/8/2014We have been to this restaurant several times before. Advantages: Good food, close to cultural district, will valet your car for free and hold until cultural events end, and will even hold your leftovers until you are ready to leave. Disadvantages: Can be extremely noisy, particularly when there is an event in the lobby, and the menu is somewhat limited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite SurprisedItzmedannyDined on 11/5/2014We had a group of 5 people and couldn't find a reservation anywhere that night. This restaurant was mentioned to us by a bartender in the Northside, and they had a table for us. I have lived in Pittsburgh for a while and never heard of it, so I was quite skeptical. I will say, the experience was really nice. Our server was fantastic and the atmosphere was perfect. The food was just good, nothing to write home about. Overall, I would feel comfortable to bring another group back. It is a very safe choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good For Pre-Theater Or Pre-GamedoebtownDined on 11/2/2014Location near Heinz Hall and The Benedum Center and across the river from the stadiums make this an easy choice for before the game or a show. And for that it's fine: quick, not too expensive, but a touch classy (not a dive). And--to be sure--the ambiance is very nice: modern and slick. The food, however, was nothing great. Burgers were extremely blah. And the service was out-and-out bad: out of ALL their muscles (a big part of their menu) and we were left unattended for long periods of time. But at the cost of mediocre food and bad service, I would go right back before a show because it scratches that itch well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Every one deserves a 2nd try!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Great atmosphere, great food. Service was sub-par. After speaking with the manger, he was very polite and explained that he had unexpected bigger parties and this was the cause. Just informed him that if we had been informed as the events of the night occurred, the perception would have been a lot different. I will try this place again, if service level remains sub-par will not dine here again, nor will I recommend this place to others.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing place.RmaliDined on 10/25/2014I chose this place for my first dinner in Pittsburgh. I do not regret my decision at all. This was an amazing restaurant. The service was friendly and helpful and the food was great.Special Features:
- Great choice before theatre eventsFrequentDinerDined on 10/25/2014Went before theatre and to celebrate wedding anniversary of friends. Food was excellent, all choices. Great service. A very pleasurable option.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDowntowndwellerVIPDined on 10/24/2014Had a great dinner and great service - Cody was terrific One mixup with drink order but easily fixed Menu is very diverse and something for everyone No room for desert : (Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This visit was a disappointmentPatfromPADined on 10/24/2014We have been here before and enjoyed the food enough to come back with a friend. This time the experience was less pleasing. The wait staff was excellent, the cocktails and appetizers (cheese board and short rib pierogis) were nice, but the entrees all had flaws in their preparation. The paparedelle pasta was undercooked (not al dente), likewise the risotto was underdone, and the gnocchi in the lobster with gnocchi were too soft and disappeared into the other ingredients. I wouldn't be so critical if the prices were not so high--the meal was well over $100 for 3 people. I would recommend this as a good place for drinks and appetizers, but have lost confidence in the entree offerings.Special Features:
- Convenience?OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/24/2014Excellent food and service. Convenient to all theaters. Park once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Attitude toward CustomerAprilVIPDined on 10/24/2014Our soup, salads/crab cake were fantastic. However, the man who served water/bread to our table was initially pleasant. When we told our Server that the bread tasted stale/dry, she said she'd have a new bread brought out. The man who'd served the bread walked by and look over with an annoyed expression. Our Server brought fresh bread and it was MUCH better, We told our server so and, when he walked by, told him the same. Rather than just being satisfied that WE were pleased, in a smart tone, he said it was bread cut from the same loaf. I don't care what loaf it was cut from. Perhaps the bread heated properly was what made it so much better. Nonetheless, I felt that he was rude and confrontational. Otherwise 4/5 StarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good place for bourbonTheNettiePVIPDined on 10/23/2014We shared assorted small plates and enjoyed several of their specialty cocktails. Pricey but good.Special Features:
- Nice FindTraveler03Dined on 10/21/2014We were in Pittsburgh for a business trip. Nice find near the three rivers, reasonable prices, good food. Service is a little slow, but makes for a relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceDukeDined on 10/21/2014The food was good, as were the cocktails. Our waitress Michelle was delightful and attentive. Nice atmosphere. Rest rooms were on the second floor, accessible by steps or elevator. It was a very short walk to Pgh. Public Theater.Special Features:
- Rib-Eye was fantastic!!CruzinPittDined on 10/18/2014I went to Braddock's on a date last Saturday before the opera and it was a wonderful experience. Both our entrees were delicious and the service, by Cody, could not have been any better. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody who wants to enjoy some classic American fare. I wish I had made plans to try out the pierogies but I will the next time we go. Enjoy everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodGateauxloverDined on 10/17/2014The food was great , service was superb, very attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- Past it's prime - won't go back.Dine4funDined on 10/17/2014Had not been to Braddock's in a few years...it will be years before we consider going back. The savory pumpkin pierogies were excellent, but everything else was just OK at best. Our server seemed very good, but it was apparent she had just too many tables. There are just too many exceptional choices in the Cultural District to waste your time here.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/14/2014The service, atmosphere, and food were all very good. We had an enjoyable evening.
- A special treatQladukeDined on 10/11/2014Braddock's was absolutely amazing. Everything my date and I ordered was beyond compare. I would highly recommend everything we ordered which included the Rabbit Parpadelle, Red Potato Gnocchi and Lobster, Bruchetta, the Raspberry Mule, Prohibition Pear, Godiva chocolate martini, and the creme brûlée of the day featuring sweet potato flavors. I came here for my birthday and think I might just make it tradition to come back every year after now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Deb22ingDined on 10/11/2014Great place for dinner! Amazing food and drink! A little pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationPghFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Good wine list and great specials! Had a group of 6 and we all had a good time and great food...and a couple bottles of wine :-)Special Features:
- Pre Theater FindHannaVIPDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant, in the Renaissance Hotel, is a good pre theater(or concert) choice. The menu, not huge yet varied, offers varied size offerings that are tastily prepared--even if there's overkill on the number of "frites" accompanying several dishes. The service is very friendly and not rushed. It has a nice wine list and its menu is reasonably priced. What I like best about Braddocks is that, even when full, it is possible to have a conversation! The tables are not so close together that you're not sure if your with your table or the next-----UNLIKE most of the restaurants in the theater district.Special Features:
- great location, food and serviceOut2eatoff10Dined on 10/5/2014Love everything about this place! The seasonal raviolis are always a treat, and the bar drinks are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pittsburgh becomes ManhattansOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014The food is quite good, although the cheesy meatballs, a side offering for the pasta dishes, were just OK. Plates were colorful, veggie risotto excellent as was the rabbit pappardelle - vewwy wabbitty, with, or course, carrots. I do like manhattans, which one can build from a number of spirit/vermouth/bitters selections, unparalled in this town, with barrel aged elixers about to make their debut. The brasserie is just off the main lobby, which is a stone and tile construction of superior quality. A throwback to a time when masons were artisans with passion. Go before of after the theatre for a libation and stay for dinner.Special Features:
- I expected more...dlaczego79Dined on 10/5/2014The brunch buffet had a great omelet station, but everything else was kind of "eh" especially for the price. The cinnamon raisin French toast was rock hard. I could not cut through it. The fresh fruit, eggs, and potatoes were decent, but it's nothing better than you'd find at Eat N Park. The blintzes were pretty good; I'm not used to seeing them on brunch buffets, so they were a nice surprise. I don't think I'll be going back there for brunch anytime soon.
- Fine dining at its' best!4gourmetluvrsDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I enjoyed our gourmet meals and the superb service received during the dining experience. The Gerber chicken and the salmon dishes with their delicious sauces were cooked to perfection. Our wine per suggestion from our waiter complimented the food nicely. The only disappointment was the crème bruele dessert. It was kindly removed from our bill. We will definitely dine at Braddock's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials were excellentHealthyHabitsDined on 10/1/2014I had the trout with quinoa and roasted vegetables. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Zach's 18th birthday dinner.SuperdutyDined on 9/30/2014Another great evening out in Pittsburgh. We had a great dining experience at Braddocks for my son Zachary's 18th birthday. The food was great and the service was top notch.Definitely be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodbbgamerDined on 9/26/2014We really like the food at Braddocks. Very comfortable booth and our waitress Autumn was very good.Special Features:
- Who knew this place was so good?!?phatdinerVIPDined on 9/26/2014The entire experience was very pleasing with the exception of the live music in the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel which was open to the restaurant. The food was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive and accommodating to the timeframe for theatre patrons. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great before a show!LawdrVIPDined on 9/25/2014Was able to make a last minute reservation before a show and the food never disappoints. The service is always amazing here. They seem to always up there game. Love the short rib pierogi. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableLgutowskiDined on 9/24/2014Six of us had dinner at Braddock's before a show. The server was great, and was very attentive to our schedule. Kept things moving, and had us at the door in time for the show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pens250VIPDined on 9/20/2014No one at our table liked the Mason jars which have replaced the water goblet. . It's not a picnic venue nor does it go with the decor. Bring back the regular glasses! In addition, the menu needs a major overhaul. Since it opened they have the same menu items. The dessert menu too needs to be revamped as well. No sorbets anywhere just the same old same old. It is quiet which affords a pleasant dinner conversation with company. No screaming is necessary to be heard.Special Features:
- Once again, a great mealAnnaMaeDined on 9/14/2014Another visit to Braddocks - another great dinner. Spouse had the scallops over red pepper polenta. I had the dinner sized portion of the arugala salad with the addition of grilled chicken, tossed with a light vinegarette. Our waiter, Justine, was excellent. Checking back just enough without being intrusive. While food is wonderful, restaurant seems to have a hard time deciding what it wants to be. Carpeting was replaced with a nice black & white bistro style tile and the upholstering is scheduled for replacement. The table covering is brown butchers paper, bistro style. But what's up with the glasses? Why serve the water/soda in a Mason ball jar? A better choice, keeping with the bistro style, would be a large, heavy glass. MSpecial Features:
- msjsVIPDined on 9/7/2014It was a buffet, and not overly crowded, but our waitress couldn't keep up. Not good service at all.
- Great NightDaveDined on 9/4/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time. We did go on a Thursday evening, I'm assuming a day that is normally not that busy, so it was quiet and private. It was the only time I have been there so not sure how busy it gets. The food was good and the service was great. They were very accomodating for our anniversary, sitting us away from other guests and giving us complementary champagne. We will definitely be making a trip back. Side note: I heard their brunch is really good, but I haven't had a chance to go for it.Special Features: