Braddock's American Brasserie
107 Sixth Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Braddock's American Brasserie
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.braddocksrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4129922005
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast Daily: 7am to 11am
Saturday and Sunday Breakfast Buffet: 8am to 12pm
Lunch Daily: 11am to 2pm
Dinner Sunday to Thursday: 5pm to 9pm
Dinner Friday & Saturday: 5pm to 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Jason Shaffer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Braddock's offers Private dining for up to 35 guests on our second floor private dining room.
Braddock's also offers office happy hours and whiskey tastings. For information on each please contact Kristen Jervis (412-992-2041)
- Private Party Facilities: Braddock's American Brasserie is THE place in downtown Pittsburgh to plan your next group event. We take pride in our unique, relaxed dining atmosphere and aim to provide you with attentive, unpretentious service. If you're looking for a completely private area to hold your next celebration party, corporate event, holiday party or family get- together we would be delighted to have you join us. Braddock's mezzanine area seats up to 40 guests comfortably in a variety of formats that we can arrange to your specifications. Groups of 15 or more guests are required to work with our management and culinary team to develop a custom and/or preset menu to help expedite service. Pricing, details and menu availability are developed on a case-by-case basis.
- Private Party Contact: Kristen Jervis 4129922041x
- Special Events: Whiskey Wednesday - Weekly Each Wednesday 5:00pm - 7:00pm. Whiskey Tasting
A word from Braddock's American Brasserie
Braddock's creates experiences where food, drink and inspired design meet and mix. Whether joining us for breakfast, lunch, or dinner or lingering over drinks, Braddock's clientele are hungry for life and eager to savor new experiences in which food is an entree to adventure. Our concept features a distinctive scene and subtly fused local vibe. Braddock's is the perfect gathering point, before or after a show, on you way to a sporting event, or after a long day at the office. Braddock's offers a creative mix of menu items and the biggest bourbon collection in Pittsburgh.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Braddock's American Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (48)romantic (38)fit for foodies (35)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (18)notable wine list (12)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (9)great for brunch (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014We were in Pittsburgh for a business trip. Nice find near the three rivers, reasonable prices, good food. Service is a little slow, but makes for a relaxing evening.Special Features:
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/21/2014The food was good, as were the cocktails. Our waitress Michelle was delightful and attentive. Nice atmosphere. Rest rooms were on the second floor, accessible by steps or elevator. It was a very short walk to Pgh. Public Theater.Special Features:
- Rib-Eye was fantastic!!CruzinPittDined on 10/18/2014I went to Braddock's on a date last Saturday before the opera and it was a wonderful experience. Both our entrees were delicious and the service, by Cody, could not have been any better. I would recommend this restaurant to anybody who wants to enjoy some classic American fare. I wish I had made plans to try out the pierogies but I will the next time we go. Enjoy everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing FoodGateauxloverDined on 10/17/2014The food was great , service was superb, very attentive and accommodating.Special Features:
- Past it's prime - won't go back.Dine4funDined on 10/17/2014Had not been to Braddock's in a few years...it will be years before we consider going back. The savory pumpkin pierogies were excellent, but everything else was just OK at best. Our server seemed very good, but it was apparent she had just too many tables. There are just too many exceptional choices in the Cultural District to waste your time here.
- Enjoyable eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/14/2014The service, atmosphere, and food were all very good. We had an enjoyable evening.
- A special treatQladukeDined on 10/11/2014Braddock's was absolutely amazing. Everything my date and I ordered was beyond compare. I would highly recommend everything we ordered which included the Rabbit Parpadelle, Red Potato Gnocchi and Lobster, Bruchetta, the Raspberry Mule, Prohibition Pear, Godiva chocolate martini, and the creme brûlée of the day featuring sweet potato flavors. I came here for my birthday and think I might just make it tradition to come back every year after now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!Deb22ingDined on 10/11/2014Great place for dinner! Amazing food and drink! A little pricey but worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationPghFoodieDined on 10/10/2014Good wine list and great specials! Had a group of 6 and we all had a good time and great food...and a couple bottles of wine :-)Special Features:
- Pre Theater FindHannaVIPDined on 10/9/2014This restaurant, in the Renaissance Hotel, is a good pre theater(or concert) choice. The menu, not huge yet varied, offers varied size offerings that are tastily prepared--even if there's overkill on the number of "frites" accompanying several dishes. The service is very friendly and not rushed. It has a nice wine list and its menu is reasonably priced. What I like best about Braddocks is that, even when full, it is possible to have a conversation! The tables are not so close together that you're not sure if your with your table or the next-----UNLIKE most of the restaurants in the theater district.Special Features:
- great location, food and serviceOut2eatoff10Dined on 10/5/2014Love everything about this place! The seasonal raviolis are always a treat, and the bar drinks are awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pittsburgh becomes ManhattansOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2014The food is quite good, although the cheesy meatballs, a side offering for the pasta dishes, were just OK. Plates were colorful, veggie risotto excellent as was the rabbit pappardelle - vewwy wabbitty, with, or course, carrots. I do like manhattans, which one can build from a number of spirit/vermouth/bitters selections, unparalled in this town, with barrel aged elixers about to make their debut. The brasserie is just off the main lobby, which is a stone and tile construction of superior quality. A throwback to a time when masons were artisans with passion. Go before of after the theatre for a libation and stay for dinner.Special Features:
- I expected more...dlaczego79Dined on 10/5/2014The brunch buffet had a great omelet station, but everything else was kind of "eh" especially for the price. The cinnamon raisin French toast was rock hard. I could not cut through it. The fresh fruit, eggs, and potatoes were decent, but it's nothing better than you'd find at Eat N Park. The blintzes were pretty good; I'm not used to seeing them on brunch buffets, so they were a nice surprise. I don't think I'll be going back there for brunch anytime soon.
- Fine dining at its' best!4gourmetluvrsDined on 10/3/2014My husband and I enjoyed our gourmet meals and the superb service received during the dining experience. The Gerber chicken and the salmon dishes with their delicious sauces were cooked to perfection. Our wine per suggestion from our waiter complimented the food nicely. The only disappointment was the crème bruele dessert. It was kindly removed from our bill. We will definitely dine at Braddock's again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Specials were excellentHealthyHabitsDined on 10/1/2014I had the trout with quinoa and roasted vegetables. Absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Zach's 18th birthday dinner.SuperdutyDined on 9/30/2014Another great evening out in Pittsburgh. We had a great dining experience at Braddocks for my son Zachary's 18th birthday. The food was great and the service was top notch.Definitely be back soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodbbgamerDined on 9/26/2014We really like the food at Braddocks. Very comfortable booth and our waitress Autumn was very good.Special Features:
- Who knew this place was so good?!?phatdinerDined on 9/26/2014The entire experience was very pleasing with the exception of the live music in the lobby of the Renaissance Hotel which was open to the restaurant. The food was delicious and the wait staff was very attentive and accommodating to the timeframe for theatre patrons. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great before a show!LawdrVIPDined on 9/25/2014Was able to make a last minute reservation before a show and the food never disappoints. The service is always amazing here. They seem to always up there game. Love the short rib pierogi. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableLgutowskiDined on 9/24/2014Six of us had dinner at Braddock's before a show. The server was great, and was very attentive to our schedule. Kept things moving, and had us at the door in time for the show!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pens250VIPDined on 9/20/2014No one at our table liked the Mason jars which have replaced the water goblet. . It's not a picnic venue nor does it go with the decor. Bring back the regular glasses! In addition, the menu needs a major overhaul. Since it opened they have the same menu items. The dessert menu too needs to be revamped as well. No sorbets anywhere just the same old same old. It is quiet which affords a pleasant dinner conversation with company. No screaming is necessary to be heard.Special Features:
- Once again, a great mealAnnaMaeDined on 9/14/2014Another visit to Braddocks - another great dinner. Spouse had the scallops over red pepper polenta. I had the dinner sized portion of the arugala salad with the addition of grilled chicken, tossed with a light vinegarette. Our waiter, Justine, was excellent. Checking back just enough without being intrusive. While food is wonderful, restaurant seems to have a hard time deciding what it wants to be. Carpeting was replaced with a nice black & white bistro style tile and the upholstering is scheduled for replacement. The table covering is brown butchers paper, bistro style. But what's up with the glasses? Why serve the water/soda in a Mason ball jar? A better choice, keeping with the bistro style, would be a large, heavy glass. MSpecial Features:
- msjsVIPDined on 9/7/2014It was a buffet, and not overly crowded, but our waitress couldn't keep up. Not good service at all.
- Great NightDaveDined on 9/4/2014We went for our anniversary and had a great time. We did go on a Thursday evening, I'm assuming a day that is normally not that busy, so it was quiet and private. It was the only time I have been there so not sure how busy it gets. The food was good and the service was great. They were very accomodating for our anniversary, sitting us away from other guests and giving us complementary champagne. We will definitely be making a trip back. Side note: I heard their brunch is really good, but I haven't had a chance to go for it.Special Features:
- quietmitchDined on 9/3/2014chose to eat here because it is quiet,good fro business meeting or conversation. pleasant ambiance, easy free valet parking, food was very good.reasonably priced. will definitely return when want to hear what other person is saying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerWykoffDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time dining here. The dinners were great and the wine selection was very substantial. Would recommend for a nice dinner and evening out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Definitely will returnZacharyDined on 8/22/2014Second time eating here and it won't be our last. Great food and great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but expensive.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014I think the food was great, for the adults. My kids didn't like the food at all. The staff tried to change it for them a few times so the service was great. Waitress, Michelle,was friendly and helpful. prices are steep, been to much more exclusive for much less. Another issue is there is no restroom. you have to go to the second floor of the hotel to go pee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- gussieboe2123Dined on 8/15/2014We have been to Braddock's on several occasions and have always had a great meal. This past visit we were celebrating my husband's birthday and the evening was quite memorable. The food was extremely delicious and our server, Justin, went out of his way to make our dinner experience a grand experience. Highly recommend the restaurant to all our friends and relatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!pichlesDined on 8/7/2014The restaurant itself is inside the Renaissance Hotel in Pittsburgh, directly across from PNC Park. The service was excellent, as well as the food. There were 2 in my party and we ordered the short rib pierogies, and were thrilled we did. The plate had 3 pierogies over a bed of flavored leeks, topped with a beef reduction sauce. Amazing. For dinner we shared the seared scallops over polenta, and the weinersnitzlel with red cabbage and spaetzle. Both dishes were excellent. The wine list was pricy, we opted for a glass of the house red. Overall, a wonderful dining experience!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Event VenuePghGalDined on 8/2/2014Love to eat here before events at the Benedum and Heinz Hall. Staff sensitive to the fact that you have someplace to be later! Great cocktail and whiskey selection in addition to the wines. Excellent food; we both recommend the scallops and the salmon. Wonderful place to start a night on the town!Special Features:
- Pittsburgh GemPLR15Dined on 8/1/2014One of Pittsburgh's best kept secrets for amazing food. Great place to eat in the Cultural District before a performance. Great food and service with a nice ambiance. We have eaten here regularly have have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodHelenmkDined on 7/27/2014Went here with my husband and son (baby) during the Sephora benefit event that was going on in the lobby. It was a little noisy, but it was the perfect distraction for my son. Food as usual was delicious, my husband ordered the specials and ate every bite, I ordered the chicken. Make sure you order the braised beef appetizer with creamed leeks, it's a great blend of flavors. I didn't even know they served deserts. I got an apple crisp and my husband got a s'mores desert. Both were very delicious. We had an enjoyable evening out. Reservations are needed on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown "Gem"577nitroVIPDined on 7/26/2014We have been wanting to try this restaurant for some time. Well this weekend we did and what a pleasant surprise. From amazing setting to superb food and service at fair prices made it a very nice dinner across the board. The lobby of the hotel is worth seeing in itself and the restaurant is really well restored to timely glory. Very nice menu with a wide variety also of small plates/appetizers and good selection of entrees. Was NOT at all busy for a Saturday night. Anyone looking for a solid place for a great dinner in downtown Pittsburgh MUST give Braddocks a try...we did and will be back again for sure!!Special Features:
- Good Pre Theatre farekaiaVIPDined on 7/26/2014We had two tasty meals prior to heading over to Heinz Hall.
- Pre show dinnerGAS7Dined on 7/25/2014A nice place for pre show dinner which is never crowded.Special Features:
- Good foodMsPickyDined on 7/13/2014This was my second visit to Braddock's, both were pleasant dining experiences. The atmosphere was relaxed, sometimes you hear a few shouts from the bar if a game is on, but over all its quiet. The staff is friendly and efficient. The food was very good on both occasionsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner with friends!!SuperdutyDined on 7/12/2014Our dinner on Saturday night was perfect.From the time we were seated till we left everything was spot on. The food was outstanding.Our waitress was friendly and very knowledgeable on the menu.Her recommendations on the menu was outstanding. We are looking forward to returning for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great drinks!BraddockSmashDined on 7/12/2014We really enjoyed sampling the delicious cocktails. Also, neat dessert selection and delicious steak. The service was attentive without being annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good pre-show mealMoonmaidenDined on 7/11/2014Four of us ate here before a theatre performance and everyone enjoyed the meal. Two ordered the petit filet and two ordered the dinner salads. The salads were large and filled with fresh items. The steaks were tender and the sides were tasty. The noise level was rather loud due to a large group seated in the center of the dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.