Bracco World Cafe & Island Bar
5001 S Western Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57108Neighborhood:
Global, InternationalPrice: $30 and under
Bracco World Cafe & Island Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://braccorestaurant.com/bracco/siouxfalls/
- Phone: 6053384386x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday through Saturday 11am - close. Sunday 10am - 10pm. Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, American, Global, International
- Executive Chef: Owners Dave Thompson and Rick Thompson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Bracco has two dining rooms that can be made private. The first one holds up to 25 guests and the second up to 50 guests. Call us to receive more information.
- Private Party Contact: Jenn Grimm 605-338-4386x
- Entertainment: Please see our website for our live music schedule.
A word from Bracco World Cafe & Island Bar
Escape to your Sioux Falls paradise destination. Indulge in our Hot Zone menu featuring Island Paradise, Asian, Creole, and American Cuisine.Continued
Relax on the patio and enjoy free live music from your local favorites during the summer time.
Relax on the patio and enjoy free live music from your local favorites during the summer time.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bracco World Cafe & Island Bar - Best Restaurants in Sioux Falls ›
Bracco World Cafe & Island Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (13)neighborhood gem (12)special occasion (10)fit for foodies (9)good for groups (8)great for lunch (8)great for brunch (7)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Drove350milesDined on 9/5/2014We are visitors to Sioux Falls and found this Restaurant on our first visit. We have returned several times in the last four years, never disappointed,great menu items, excellent service.Special Features:
- gobabygoDined on 8/22/2014It is a great spot for an energetic evening. Be prepared for limited conversations, a lot openness leads to loud atmosphere. Have dined there many times and have yet to be disappointed in the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will not go back there! CostsoutofstaterDined on 8/7/2014Learned that this restaurant is owned by Minerva's. Well, they need to work on the foods, staff, and overall cleanliness. We enjoy Minerva's not this place.Special Features:
- ServiceSashaDined on 7/14/2014My group met for a group meeting, we started in the dining area but were too cold so we were able to switch to the bar area. It was still cold, but manageable. We had to change servers, which was fine. At the end, we all had separate checks and in mine I paid over the amount with change so I could get a $10 bill back and not change. When she brought it back she disregarded the change I had in there and gave me one's and five. After I showed her that she said "Opps, I must not have seen the quarter!" and walked away.Special Features:
- Fun outside areaDineandwineDined on 7/13/2014We really enjoyed the outdoor seating area. I had the shrimp tacos which were wonderful and my husband loves the jambalaya.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceCandiceDined on 7/11/2014We always enjoy dining at Broccos. The only negative complaint we have is the server always brings our bill without asking us if we would like an after dinner drink. Sooooooooooo, we pay for our dinner and go over to the bar for a drink. We almost feel like we are being rushed to leave the dining room. It would be better to relax at our booth and enjoy an after dinner drink. Otherwise Braccos is a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal!KleverKarlaDined on 6/29/2014We recently at a meal on the outside patio. The weather was perfect and the food was even better. We were with people that are not too wild about eating out, but the great food won them over. Can't wait to go back and try something different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Good Visit AgainShelDebDined on 5/24/2014We saw a couple check in right before us and they had to wait while we had just made an Open Table reservation on our way there and got seated right away! My seafood enchilada was great but my wife did not really enjoy her lettuce wraps. The kids got their usuals off of the kids menu and ate away. Usually a great experience at Bracco foodwise, but this time would stop at very good. The service made up for it, as well as the cold beers.Special Features:
- The following 140 reviews are from the Bracco World Cafe & Island Bar reviews archive.
- Excellent BrunchDakotaGrannyDined on 5/18/2014Spent a very enjoyable Sunday Brunch with friends. The waffles were awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day - Worst Service EvernogoodDined on 5/11/2014We have visited Bracco for years on Mother's Day for brunch. This time it was just plain terrible. Our server failed to bring us silverware even after asked multiple times. Finally, we had to get it from another server. We never had refills on drinks and only at the end of the meal did he come by and actually be nice just to jack his tip. Food is always great, but the new layout on the hot food is terrible. It is a circle and no one knew where to enter and exit. Everyone complained and it felt like people just cutting into a line which never seemed to end. They also were out of food continuously. I finally gave up trying and we left.Special Features:
- goodbraccojhickfoodDined on 5/11/2014We have gone to Bracco's many times for the happy hour special and the food and drink are always good. The Mother's day brunch was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- what a shameOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014After two pleasant experiences last fall we finally returned--for what will be our last visit. My meal included a very small salad and without a doubt the worst burger I have had in Sioux Falls--a overcooked dry piece of meat called Hawaiian, on a bun topped with a piece of canned pineapple and thin deli ham, no sauce, no lettuce, no presentation, just the sandwich on a huge plate. My date's fish tacos were mushy. They were ordered as a lettuce wrap instead of burrito style but the two large romaine leaves were unedible--leaves I would discard from the outside of the romaine head. There are too many great places to eat in Sioux Falls to waste my dining budget at Braccos. On a positive note the wine was quite good.Special Features:
- Great food. Wonderful ambience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/9/2014The food was great, as it always is when I go to Braccos. Our waitress really struggled and got several things wrong, such as my drink order. I could tell she was new so I was understanding but I don't think she should have been out on her own on a Friday night. She wasn't ready for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My 2nd kitchenJosephinelillyDined on 4/20/2014Quite often, my first choice because of the food, service and energy of the crowd. I think it's the best patio area to enjoy in our warm weather months. The brunch is always my first choice because if the selection of food and how they keep up with the freshness of the product. It's always hot!Special Features:
- Great BrunchKleverKarlaDined on 3/30/2014We met our friends at Bracco for Sunday brunch and it was superb! The food was so good and there were so many choices, you were full long before you could try it all. Wonderful meal.Special Features:
- Great PlaceEricODined on 3/28/2014Met some friends and had supper at this place. We were promptly seated since we did have reservations. I was so pleased that they had a gluten-free menu. Only minor drawback: not much gluten free deserts to choose fromSpecial Features:
- Great saladOutoftown1Dined on 3/22/2014Paradise salad was fantastic! I really liked the fresh fruit with the dip and the presentation was very attractive. I would order this choice again,Special Features:
- Wonderful evening dining experienceCandiceDined on 3/7/2014As always the food is wonderful and the service is great. It was a very relaxing evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- .good night out.WolfgangDined on 2/21/2014food was very good . Server was excellent .drinks were also tasty . was enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day - ok experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Waiter forgot to wait on us initially, brought wrong side dish, forgot another side dish completely, treated us like an after thought.
- Unique menu5js1aDined on 2/14/2014Braccos offers a menu full of variety. From the hand breaded onion rings to the juicy Cubana you will find an amazing taste! It is a little spendy but worth it for a memorable evening of dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulAllenLDined on 2/14/2014Great service and fabulous food. Ordered the Filet with the chipotle cream cheese topping.Special Features:
- Worthy of our Birthday CelebrationSte0703Dined on 1/28/2014This week we had dinner here to celebrate a 15 year old's birthday- her choice. The Mac-and-Cheese is unbelievably outstanding. The pork schnitzel was delicious as were all our entrees. Famous for its outdoor patio (during the warmer months) Bracco is a year round destination for casual dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun experiencedad8274Dined on 1/11/2014I have to omit this is a go to restaurant for us when we want to have a meal with friends. The menu has a wide variety of choices for those picky eaters and if you can not find something you like then you a much to picky to be going out to dinner with friends.Special Features:
- Great LunchKleverKarlaDined on 1/6/2014We had a very pleasant meal there while our kids were home for Christmas. The food was great, even a little unique and very tasty. Service was good. All in all, a great time.Special Features:
- Was not the best rib eye steakMichaelDined on 12/9/2013Was not the best rib eye steak I have ever had. Was disappointed in the quality of the experience.
- Awesomely Romantic!StNickDined on 12/6/2013I wanted a truly romantic dinner to celebrate my wife's birthday. Being that it was a Friday night (which is a very busy restaurant night in Sioux Falls) and we needed to catch a Tonic Sol-Fa show, I wanted to be able to make reservations. Bracco was able to accommodate all of this. I even requested a more secluded table so that we could visit and they set us up with an absolutely perfect table. Our server, Garresson, was always attentive to our needs and other servers and hosts checked on us throughout the meal. The food was excellent. The meat was tender and everything came out hot. The price is comparable to other sit-down restaurants in Sioux Falls, but the food and service makes Bracco the best value in town hands down!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spotBSS1Dined on 12/5/2013Food and service was great. Looks like a great spot for outdoor dining when the weather is good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Sunday Brunch.SodakVIPDined on 11/24/2013Outstanding Sunday Brunch. Best in tne entire area.Special Features:
- Great ambianceAlanDined on 11/20/2013Quiet, private booth. Great for business lunch or romantic escape.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchsffoodyDined on 11/17/2013We took our out of town relatives to brunch on Sunday. We all loved the experience. Food and service were outstanding. Relatives really liked the ambiance and want this to be a tradition whenever they visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant has an identityDGoodWolfeDined on 11/10/2013The restaurant has an identity crisis; not sure what they are targeting. Nice bar but not good food and OK service
- Great lunchKleverKarlaDined on 9/27/2013I went to Bracco's for lunch with two friends just recently. The food was great, so many interesting choices it was hard to decide. Each of us ordered something different and they all looked great. A very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Pleasant and quietAlanDined on 9/16/2013Quiet and comfortable for a private business meal or romantic oasis in the middle of a busy area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lacking ValueFoodGuyDined on 9/7/2013It is apparent that Bracco cares about your dining experience. The restaurant is clean, the staff well trained, and the ambiance is nice. But, the food was good (not outstanding) and I was rather disappointed in the portion/value. I ordered their famous fish tacos, and, given the price and setting, I was underwhelmed by what was placed before me. The same can be said for their side salad - small and disinteresting. But, my wife's Pad-Thai looked awesome.Special Features:
- Wore shoes, no serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/3/2013I wanted to dine here. A nonchalant, disinterested greeting at the reservation desk (I had one), followed by no acknowledgement for over five minutes while I sat in a booth. Guess they didn't want me to dine here. I walked out.
- Family lunchExLAfoodieDined on 6/14/2013I took my mother and nieces for lunch and we sat on the patio. Even with construction taking place on Western it did not take away from the beautiful patio. The service was excellent! The server was knowledgable, polite, and very well paced. We were not rushed but had plenty of time to enjoy our lunch. My nieces said that the next time they are in Sioux Falls they want to go back to Bracco's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Outdoor LunchpatiodinerDined on 5/17/2013Visited Braccos because we wanted a nice patio environment. It was an excellent choice. Great drink options, food was wonderful and the atmosphere was just what we were looking for. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Great Mother's DayKleverKarlaDined on 5/12/2013We went out to eat Mother's Day evening with friends. The service was excellent, the food was great. All in all, a fun occasion. My favorite meal there is Pad Thai and that is one of the reasons we keep coming back. It is part of the Minerva's tradition--you never get a bad meal!!Special Features:
- Expensive and Poor ServiceRolandDined on 5/12/2013We arrived and were seated, 10 minutes later our water came. Then we ordered drinks. The menu is a bit overwhelming and the server offered no help navigating it. We eventually ordered and our food came out before our first round of drinks. Over all, food was fine, but service was very slow and not worth the price. This place would be great if they cut down their menu, trained their staff, and lowered prices by 30%. I probably wont be going back.