230 Franklin Road
Franklin, TN 37064Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://boxwoodbistro.com/
- Phone: 6157919411
- Hours of Operation:
LUNCH : Monday-Saturday 11:00-3:00 Dinner Tuesday 5:00-9:30 Dinner Friday and Saturday 5:00-11:00 , live music on the roof weather permitting. Sunday Brunch 10:30- 2:00. Wednesday night Wine Tastings 6-8 $15.00 wonderful food and wonderful wines to drink. Happy Hour Tuesday-Friday 4-7 1/2 price martinis beers 2 for 1 . Half Priced all bottles of wine on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Dixon
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have a huge catering division, no party to large or to small., call for details, and menus.
- Private Party Facilities: A chefs table for ten people may be reserved in advance. A custom dinner can be arranged from the chef and paired with wine to make your evening as special as possible. Or can order off the menu. When you make your reservation ask for the Chefs table seats 10.
- Private Party Contact: Carole Webb 6157919411
- Entertainment: The wonderful upstairs venue we call the ATTIC., is open every weekend with live music and great outside BAR...! Call and reserve your spot on the roof today. Largest roof top anywhere!!!! Huge outdoor bar....The Perfect place to book a private event. Carol Webb Event Planner
- Special Events: We love to host special events., and do restaurant buy outs., please call for details..it is the perfect spot for receptions and large events. The best kept secret in Franklin....our parties are the BEST....
A word from Boxwood Bistro
With the open and airy dining room and beautiful colors it is sure to become your favorite local restaurat. Boxwood is locally owned, and strives to be the best in everything it does. The bar is handsome and inviting with copper bar that seats 22. We have a wonderful bar and Terrace upstairs with live music on Friday and Saturday nights., weather permitting. Now open for Brunch on Sunday's. It is the most beautiful and friendly restaurant in Franklin in historic Franklin in a Historic building. We have several places that are perfect for private events and corporate meetings. We grow our own herbs , and have the best food in town. It is the local place to be.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boxwood Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
- HORROR!!good2BdiningDined on 5/24/2013Our party of 4 made reservations well in advance and when we arrived, there was a party of 6 with reservations coming out of the restaurant fuming mad! We were told by a party venue worker (not a hostess or the owner) that the restaurant was closed for a private party!! None of us had been notified, and we all had play tickets for a performance that evening and then had no place reserved to eat. UNEXCUSABLE!!!!!
- We love BoxwoodGregMDined on 5/17/2013Boxwood Bistro has great food, a friendly, capable staff, and flexibility to accommodate parties large and small. We are fairly frequent customers, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/14/2013Hadn't been in a while - only two tables seated inside for lunch, yet service was very poor. One of my diners got the water pitcher and did our own refills. Boxwood Salad came without asparagus. This is the signature dish - think it could be served correctly. Had to ask for the checks.
- Wonderful Mother's Day BrunchranrymanDined on 5/12/2013My son & I took my wife here for Mother's Day brunch and although we've been here many times before, this was the first time we've been here for brunch & it was excellent. However for the price of the brunch, the mimosas should have been included.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2013One of our favorite places to dine just the two of us without our kids. It has a great quiet atmosphere or deck upstairs during warmer months with great music!Special Features:
- High hopes...OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/6/2013my wife and are a new to the mid tn/franklin area. we recently relocated from Atlanta, GA and had very high hopes for this place. first attempt at the pork loin was so dry it looked like it was 2 days old. to their credit they took it back and had a new one out in 10-12 minutes. salmon dip was supposed to come with toast points and crackers...when we inquired, the waiter didn't even know what toast points were and just brought out more crackers. nice outside eating area, but as many of the other online reviews indicate the service was definitely sub par. they mean well, but are just inept.Special Features:
- The food was expensive butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/5/2013The food was expensive but unremarkable. The grilled pork loin was very dry, overlooked, and with a weird texture. The smoked prime rib was overdone and chewy. Mashed potatoes were lukewarm. It was hard to get the server's attention, even though there weren't that many people in the restaurant. Very disappointing.
- OVER pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013A party of 4 for Easter Brunch cost $193.00 excluding tip. We each had the buffet and one 6 oz. plastic cup of a Mimosa drink ($8.00! and each had a cup of coffee. We had the to get the coffee and any refills ourselves. More importantly, I specifically asked to be seated downstairs when I made the reservations and, we were seated upstairs. The food was good and the variety of the food was nice (I recommend adding french toast or pancakes) ...but this brunch was not worthy of $50 per person and that is why I would not recommend it.Special Features:
- We enjoy the outdoor musicOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/16/2013We enjoy the outdoor music on the roof, that really is the only reason we visit. The service is slow and we've come to expect that. You really need to hire more staff!!!!!!!Special Features:
- Our service was great! VeryWednesdayNightsVIPDined on 3/13/2013Our service was great! Very quick and efficient. We had a large table and were placed in a spot so everyone could be heard. I had the Boxwood salad which is always good.Special Features:
- Atmosphere lackingfrittyVIPDined on 2/16/2013The fare was very good but I would say that the atmosphere had more of the feel of a diner than a fine dining restaurant. Limited wine list with a lot of higher end selections.
- OverwhelmedfoodandwineDined on 2/16/2013Reservations r a must on weekends. Local spot and good for family celebrations. Varied menu, good quality, good value.Special Features:
- Slow service with OK Food.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/16/2013Granted it was the Valentines Day weekend...I made reservations for 6:30pm and we walked right in and were shown to our table. However, we weren't greeted by our server or anyone for about 10-15 minutes after we were seated. I was a little disappointed because we then had to skip dessert in order to make it to a play that started at 8pm. It made the whole dinner experience a bit rushed. Food was good but the service was slow. I would have been ok with even a quick greet and I'll be with you soon.Special Features:
- Although we had a reservation,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Although we had a reservation, we waited nearly 40 minutes for a table. When we were finally seated we saw that less than half the tables were full. Our server told us that only 3 servers were working that night.
- A Disasterous and Wasted Evening!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013What a complete disappointment! We arrived for our 7:30 p.m. reservation and were told there would be a 15 minute wait. We went into the bar where the bartender completely ignored us. Forty five minutes later we were taken to our table which had not been set. We sat at the table for another 15 minutes with no service; not even water in the stained water glasses. Finally we got up and left after being in the restaurant for an hour. Afterwards I read more reviews from patrons who have had similar experiences at Boxwood Bistro. We'll not return. To submit this review I had to rate the food quality. We never had a bite of food while in the restaurant.
- Valentine's Dayfoodie227VIPDined on 2/14/2013Valentine's Day menu selection was great. Coupled with a good bottle of wine, it was a romantic meal and evenignSpecial Features:
- One of the poorest restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013One of the poorest restaurant experiences that I've had in years.
- Rate bad meal and serviceJestingsDined on 2/14/2013Rate bad meal and service in Nashville Sad to say j will never come back
- We have eaten at Bowood BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/19/2013We have eaten at Bowood Bistro several times before and it has always been good. This time however, it was not. The noise level was so loud when we first arrived we had to shout to hear each other. We sat for at least 15 minutes before any one came to our table. Our server was friendly but unattentive. They were out of the smoked prime rib and blackened ribeye. I had Halibut and my wife had pork medalians. The halibut was tough and dry (over cooked). The pork was cooked nicely, but had a sweet, thick sauce on it that was not good. We will go back, but maybe during the week when they are not so busy.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/19/2013Very disappointing visit. Took the waiter quite awhile to even come to the table for drink orders, then ran out of wine, food was lukewarm, took 2 1/2 hours when it should have been a 45 minute meal. We had been once before during the summer and sat outside and enjoyed ourselves. Things seem to have gone downhill considerably. Sadly...won't be back.
- This was our first time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/12/2013This was our first time at Boxwood Bistro and we were very satisfied with the ambiance, the service at the door and at the table was excellent and the food was outstanding. It is now on our list of places to go on a regular basis.Special Features:
- We had a wonderful time andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2012We had a wonderful time and plan to return in the near future.Special Features:
- Although the food was good,nashvillegirlDined on 12/8/2012Although the food was good, it just seemed very expensive for what it was. $18.00 for fried chicken seems a bit high
- We love the Boxwood BistroOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012We love the Boxwood Bistro and go there for special occasions.
- Food was fabulous but it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/30/2012Food was fabulous but it was obvious our server was inexperienced.Special Features:
- We had a sharing spree, butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/24/2012We had a sharing spree, but had been there once before, and loved it both times. My daughter and I were celebrating our birthdays - 1 day apart.Special Features:
- Good food...bad bartender.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/23/2012Good food. Bartender was distracting to those in the dining area. He was loud and obnoxious. I think he was bored as it was slow in there. Still, it was distracting and took away from the overall experience,Special Features:
- Boxwood Bistro is a greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012Boxwood Bistro is a great restaurant. My only complaint would be that some of the food is under seasoned.Special Features:
- Great food and nice atmosphere.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Great food and nice atmosphere. Had to wait about 20 minutes (once we were seated) to begin our order, but the server was nice and helpful.Special Features:
- Why don't we come here more often??OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/25/2012After dining here I can only ask myself, "Why don't we come here more often?". The food was wonderful, it's a relaxed atmosphere with friendly staff. I enjoyed the trio of lobster, shrimp and scallops--really delicious and the vegtables were cooked perfectly; not too soft as they often are in restaurants. My husband enjoyed the featured beef medallions in a bourbon creme sauce and ate every bite--really delicious!Special Features:
- Great Again & Again!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012This was our second time to have dinner at Boxwood Bistro and it was just as great as the first. The food is wonderful and our service was fantastic again. Our waiter was knowledgeable about the menu and made great recommendations for wine as well as food.Special Features:
- We had a group of six andOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2012We had a group of six and everyone was very pleased with their dinner. I have eaten there many times and the quality has been consistent.Special Features:
- One of our favorite placesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/6/2012One of our favorite places to go have a quite dinner. Great food & service!Special Features:
- Our second visit... This timePapaWintersDined on 9/28/2012Our second visit... This time we took friends... Overall good experience, but the noise level of the corner that we were in was distracting...and there were only three tables occupied. Previously, we have a more centrally located table and the dining experience for noise was much more pleasant. We suggest that you ask for a table near the center of the room if you are seeking a quiet dining experience.Special Features:
- My wife and I really enjoyedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012My wife and I really enjoyed the Boxwood Bistro. The ONLY reason I am giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because we felt it was a little over priced for what we got. But we will certainly go again. BTW: The building is amazing! We loved the decor and art work.
- We had a wonderful time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/21/2012We had a wonderful time at Boxwood Bistro. Our waitress was knowledgable and very friendly. The food was great with generous portions. Considering having our wedding rehearsal dinner at Boxwood Bistro!Special Features:
- Fine Dining or Honky Tonk??KatFVIPDined on 9/15/2012Music on the deck Saturday night was AWFUL! ...way too loud for a nice restaurant. We asked for it to be turned down twice! Both times the girl's manager turned it back up even more. Plus, she was a terrible singer. The food was great, as usual, but hard to enjoy. We ended up passing our bill and going downstairs for dessert with Spaz at the bar...which was quiet and enjoyable.Special Features:
- I eat out all the time andWineWithEverythingVIPDined on 9/15/2012I eat out all the time and this has been on my list to try. The food was very good, I added the stawberry fields salad to my entree and happy I did. It was excellent. I felt it was perfectly priced. The only thing was the service, he as attentive until it filled up, then absent. The timing from salad to entree was terrible. My friend and I had more then half our salad left when the entree arrived. I will go back, but next time I will ask the waiter to stall a bit before putting in the entree.Special Features:
- I'd never had Shrimp & GritsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2012I'd never had Shrimp & Grits with a garlic cream sauce before. I was surprised, it was a fantastic dish! The service was friendly & efficient, the tables were not too close to each other - it was easy to have a conversation & yet it was a lively place. We'll go again for sure!Special Features:
- Overall great food and service.GulfjetskirDined on 9/8/2012Overall great food and service. Nice outdoor eating areaSpecial Features: