1600 River Road
New Hope, PA 18938Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bowmanstavernrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2158622972
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Livelsberger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are a full service catering company as well as full service restaurant.
- Entertainment: New Hope's premier Piano Bar with live music 7 nights a week!
A word from Bowman's Tavern
Casual and Fine Dining in a relaxed and unpretentious environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bowman's Tavern - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Bowman's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
116 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (53)vibrant bar scene (36)great for lunch (34)fit for foodies (34)good for groups (28)special occasion (18)romantic (12)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (9)hot spot (9)great for brunch (8)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Great time. Great food. Away from the hustle and bustle of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday DinnertravelgirlDined on 9/17/2014We came here for a romantic birthday dinner. We had a nice corner table. We came early so it was quiet. Jessica, our server was great, definitely recommend you ask for her. She explained the menu nicely and gave us plenty of time to enjoy our cocktails (blackberry margarita was a sensation - I had two!) and make our selections. My date had prime rib which he raved about. It was large enough to take some home. I had the roasted red beet appetizer. It was good but small for the price. My seafood stew was tasty but a little small. There was some pleasant piano music playing in the background but by them the noise level was rising so we said goodnight. We will return.Special Features:
- Good tavern timesBiggOttoVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nice feel inside, warm and welcoming with a historical vibe. Got my wife's wheelchair around just fine. Music at bar with a good crowd for Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs more winebhughesDined on 9/13/2014The only reason I did not rate this place as outstanding overall is due to the wine list... It was shortSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyPJJDDined on 9/12/2014The fabulous, efficient and friendly waitress was over the moon about the roasted beets appetizer, so I ordered it and it was good... but the mac and cheese appetizer my husband ordered was out of this world. Wow! I didn't know mac and cheese could taste like that. My turkey burger was moist and tasty. Chatting with other customers, I learned there is a small parking lot just passed the larger parking lot that doesn't have valet parking. That will be our preference next time because we usually dine early. It was quiet except for the people at the table next to us who speak in tones that make every conversation sound like a complaint. Even so, booth seating provided enough of a buffer, so we easily enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Sat night at Bowman'sJBroadwayDined on 9/6/2014It is about 5 minutes down the road from downtown New Hope. It attracts an older crowd and has valet parking. On Saturday night they had live music around the piano bar. It is a nice mix of upscale cuisine and comfort food. We had the roasted mushroom flatbread which was excellent and the garlic hummus which was good. I had the seared tuna and it was very good. The cocktails were well made. If you are looking for good food in a less stuffy setting, I recommend Bowman's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CormgirlCormgirlDined on 9/6/2014Nice casual restaurant. Great cocktails and food. Alittle loud.Special Features:
- OK, nothing specialALFM2082VIPDined on 9/1/2014My opinion of this restaurant was probably colored by the fact that it was so noisy that we could hardly hear the conversation at our table. We would probably try again because this was not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceelectrobufDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is outside the immediate New Hope area but well worth the short drive from mid-term. The decor lends itself to a casual and relaxed feeling and the service was excellent. The menu has a wide range of offerings from "bar food" to great entrees.Special Features:
- Local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food. The meatloaf is an absolute must. Good ambience and overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Hope FindMaxebirdDined on 8/26/2014Had a really good dinner at Bowmans. Blue Moon on tap and spice rubbed chicken wings were a opener. My wife said that her seared scallops were the best that she had ever had. My seafood stew, a mix of lobster, shrimp, calamari, mussels and scallops over pasta in a saffron sauce was excellent. Excellent service. My wife is gluten free and they were more than accommodating to her needs. We will be back.Special Features:
- JoanDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful evening. Food was very good, service excellent and the atmosphere was pleasant if a little noisy. Quite a lovely bar area with entertainment.Special Features:
- Bowman's TavernBuckvalleyDined on 8/21/2014Food is consistantly good, my favorite is the BLT, get it every time! The staff is always friendly, have music entertainment every night, you usually need to make reservations since this place is always busy, especially on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placemldgDined on 8/10/2014So glad someone recommended this place to us. We had a small private room that was just perfect for my sister's 40th birthday dinner. Food was great, atmosphere was perfect for a fun evening.Special Features:
- initial visit to bowman's taverncjrdineVIPDined on 8/1/2014the salmon was excellent. we also had the roast beef sandwich and loved it. hard to talk thought thru the robust noise level. will be back but will try to pick a less busy less noisy time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucks County GemmikeyDined on 8/1/2014Been going for years. New owners brought a nice change. Bar is great and food is always the best. We love bringing friends who have made Bowman's their favorite place too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ijs4VIPDined on 7/27/2014food was good, nothing special. local musician played nonstop mix of music that appealed to most.Special Features:
- Try the SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I had the chicken and my date had the salmon. Both outstanding. The presentation of the food was excellent. Service was very good. Only complaint was that the back dining room is excessively loud when full. Very difficult to have a conversation without feeling like I was shouting. Not the fault of the tavern but more a side effect of the particular group that was there. I highly recommend going.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great night!experiencelifeDined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding! Service was fast yet not rushed. Couldn't have asked for a better find.Special Features:
- Great place!RussDined on 7/26/2014Great menu, something for everyone. Nice place to get together with friends. Piano bar a hot spot to have a drink and sing a song.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Good TimeMillindyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was really good. Fresh food. The service was great! Bowman's is a casual dining/bar experience for an older crowd of people. We were seated outside and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- RoroDined on 7/25/2014food and service are excellent and priced right. Entertainment is almost a must when I eat out, as well as a friendly environment which Bowman's has.Special Features:
- Great find in New Hope areaOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/25/2014We've driven past Bowman's many times over the years and never stopped in. We finally decided to try it and we loved it! The food was excellent and our server was incredibly nice and attentive. We would recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- Why go into New Hope?CrazyoldmanDined on 7/19/2014When you can have one of the best meals in at the area at Bowman's Tavern. We were there on Saturday night at 8 PM. Seated promptly, fast, capable, friendly service and excellent food. Bowman Salad, cornmeal dusted oysters, pan roasted Cobia (a special), prime dry-aged strip steak (bone-in) and bread pudding were well prepared and are recommended. It's causal, fun (you can't help but sing-a-long with the guy at the organ) yet personal enough to have a conversation with your loved one, and the menu is broad enough to please almost everyone. Prices are reasonable, especially for the quality of the food. Free valet parking is a plus (try to find that in New Hope) and the valet staff are very personable.Special Features:
- Perfect neighborhood restaurantPrefer2forageVIPDined on 7/13/2014Loved everything about this restaurant especially the happening bar scene.Special Features:
- What a treatYummy21VIPDined on 7/13/2014From service to the food the piano player was terrific !!!!!! Going back real soon. Great roast beef. Eggs Benedict amazingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, good serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/12/2014Dinner for two on a Saturday was excellent...fried oyster appetizer was very good and both entrees were outstanding. This is a casual restaurant with a pub-like atmosphere, but the food was several notches above typical pub food. The prices were also very reasonable, and our waitress was friendly and attentive. This was our first time at this restaurant and we will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and service but noisyShebaDined on 7/12/2014We went for casual food and it was very good! But the place is noisy so it is very difficult to hold a conversation so if that is your goal you may want to rethink going there. We were tucked away in the corner and it was still really loud!I would recommend this to a friend.
- DouglasDined on 7/12/2014Valet parking was a plus, ramp for handicap was a little steep, ladies restroom needs attention/maintenance. Friendly staff, entertainment was fine, sweet potatoes waffles were very goodSpecial Features:
- Great foodPeggyDined on 7/11/2014Our meal was delicious. From the hummus appetizer to the salmon,chicken and filet we had for an entrée. The wait staff was very attentive. We will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightbpfluegDined on 7/11/2014Great food. Great service. Discovered Bowman's last winter. It is quite a gem!Special Features:
- Chance EncounterSMaturin1801Dined on 7/4/2014Our trip to Bowman's tavern was a chance encounter brought about by being out on a drive up the Delaware. The experience started out well with a very friendly valet staff, seconded with a favorable view of the restaurant, and it green surroundings. Once inside, our good opinion began to solidify, based on the decor, ambiance, and smiling staff. Bowman's accommodated our large group by seating us in a private alcove, which was very well appointed, comfortable, yet not completely cut off from the rest of the restaurant. The menu contained several notable dishes, including the Pan Seared Salmon on top of Pea and Pancheta Risotto with a tarragon emulsion. The service was a little lax, but overall, I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice Place for a Bite to EatPlumsteadBobDined on 7/3/2014We were one of the few tables occupied when we arrived at 5:30PM but by 7PM the place was doing a brisk business with a variety of patrons from couples, families and groups of friends. I had the Bowman Burger, excellent and my wife had the small filet mignon. Her comment, "not the most awesome filet I ever had, but very good". The fried mozzarella was the best I ever had. I know, its fried mozzarella sticks, but these were cooked perfectly, and seemed to be fresh instead of frozen. The potato salad that accompanied my burger appeared home made, in skin potato chunks in a light base and was not the normal mush you get in most places. We had a great experience, our waitress was exceptional and we will return soon.Special Features:
- Good food, fun place for musicloraxDined on 6/28/2014Great place for friends to go for music, dancing and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServicejimmyDined on 6/28/2014The staff is outstanding. They make a very special evening. The food is very good, love the idea you do not have to have a full diner in the evening.Special Features:
- A nice New Hope restaurantDdsmDined on 6/28/2014Set in a wooded pastoral area, Bowman's Tavern has a nice menu selection that can satisfy any palate yet isn't too overwhelming. I ordered salmon and my dining partner ordered the petite mignon. Both were satisfyingly good. We found the wait staff to be competent yet was disappointed with the size of the Mac and Cheese appetizer turned out much smaller than how it was described. Nonetheless we enjoyed the meal and would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This place is great!JudyDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 44th anniversary here. We were greeted with a smile and well wishes. The service was wonderful, no long waiting and the wine suggested was perfect! And the food....fanatastic. We were surprised with complimentary champagne and chocolate cake. There is valet parking but you can also use the parking lot on the left side of the restaurant, Very convenient and user friendly! Have already recommended Bowman’s to friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic Room and great serviceDivineMsMDined on 6/26/2014We were given a private room for our special anniversary dinner. Was lovely...very private but could still appreciate the wonderful trio playing soft jazz. Food was very good and chef was very helpful with making a number of requested changes to our meals. Look forward to returning soon! Price was reasonable for quality and amount of food, also!Special Features:
- Great placePeb49Dined on 6/23/2014We enjoy going here once in a while. Food and service excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bowman's Tavern , New Hope, Pa.BruceandMaggieBDined on 6/22/2014We loved the casual friendly atmosphere of Bowman's Tavern. We ,walked in to a very friendly hostess who informed us that our request for a booth would take a minute if we didn't mind the wait. The owner Jack came by and greeted us and thanked us for dining at the Tavern. When our booth was ready we went to a booth by a window overlooking a well tended flower garden. I had the duck breast and my wife had sea scallops from the speacial menu having been in the business for years I must say the food was fantastic !!! The live entertainment was very varied in the styles that Lorenzo covered . Yes we enjoyed our 30th aniversay dinner thanks to this hidden gem of local fine dining .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.