1600 River Road
New Hope, PA 18938Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bowmanstavernrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2158622972
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Livelsberger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are a full service catering company as well as full service restaurant.
- Entertainment: New Hope's premier Piano Bar with live music 7 nights a week!
A word from Bowman's Tavern
Casual and Fine Dining in a relaxed and unpretentious environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bowman's Tavern - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Bowman's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
113 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (36)good for groups (33)great for lunch (32)vibrant bar scene (32)special occasion (19)great for outdoor dining (14)kid-friendly (14)romantic (12)late-night find (12)hot spot (11)great for brunch (10)notable wine list (8)scenic view (2)Show More
- Pleasant surpriseStacysmom2Dined on 10/29/2014My companion and I had been to the Tavern once before with a group and the service was a little spotty but since it was just the two of us, we gave it another try. We were very happy we did. The service was excellent and the food was delicious and plentiful The onion is traditional, with just enough cheese and broth. The hamburger was very fresh and cooked to perfection. The coconut cake was huge and extremely tasty and the creme brulee was smooth and comforting. All in all, a delicious lunch and we will be sure to go back.Special Features:
- Always a winner!dineoutalotVIPDined on 10/28/2014From the hostess, to the servers, to finally the food...always amazing! You can't go wrong with Bowman's Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Alternative to New Hope CrowdsJohnMDined on 10/26/2014Six of us had a late afternoon meal at Bowman's and very much enjoyed the old tavern atmosphere/ Service was friendly and knowledgeable, and the 5 different meals we all well prepared and served at the appropriate temperature. We all agreed we would return given the opportunity in the future.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereLisaHDined on 10/24/2014A great place to eat if you are staying in or around New Hope. We loved everything we ordered and would definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food is very good and promptly served - it was a bit noisy where we sat in the booths in the corner, but we like this place and will be back. We will request a quiet location to sit and eat.Special Features:
- Great MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Especially enjoyed the music, Neil Podgurski and trio
- Did not live up to expectations.KathyDined on 10/19/2014We read reviews that this place was very good. We stopped in while out for a drive. The service was very slow. My husband had a filet which he said was cooked perfectly but when it arrived it was cold. I had crabcakes that were burnt on one side and was also cold. Don't t waste your time.
- excellentSheriSVIPDined on 10/18/2014Once again we had a fantastic experience at Bowman's. The food was absolutely delicious from the vegetable soup, chicken salad sandwich and salmon. We shared the bread pudding - yum! Love the french fries too. Unfortunately we were put next to a very large and noisy party which made it difficult to talk to our friends at the table. We will definitely be back again. Prices are excellent too.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerPhillyGuy06Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and two young daughters had a great time. The food is good, the vibe is casual, and the staff is friendly. Good selection on menu, though a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Great spot!wendyloveschicagoDined on 10/17/2014We went here before a show at the Bucks County Playhouse and it was the perfect spot for a light meal. The menu was filled with good choices and we really enjoyed our dinner! We look forward to a return visit the next time we're in the area. The service was perfect, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, ambience and food!FoodieFamilyDined on 10/12/2014We took my parents (70+) and our daughter (21) to Bowman's Tavern for Sunday brunch and loved it! Both the brunch and lunch menu were offered and a full bar was open. Dessert was decadent, as are the lovely "not too sweet" specialty coffees. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very nice28yearsDined on 10/9/2014Calamari and scallops were excellent! The house salad was also delicious!Special Features:
- Not for meSharoncVIPDined on 10/4/2014The other people in my party enjoyed their food, but I found my entrée - the special which was recommended by the server tough and entirely too salty. The appetizer which we shared was just OK and also, extremely salty.
- Wonderful recommendationtazarella1004Dined on 10/4/2014Friends recommended Bowman's Tavern to us after enjoying a visit themselves. Mushroom flatbread app was delicious. Thebporterhouse pork special was tasty. Enjoyed music entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love this place!TrexVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have been coming to Bowman's since 2008. We liked it from the first time we visited. We have been frequenting the establishment regularly for the past 6 years. The food and the service was always good. However, since James bought the place, the ambiance (recently updated), the crowd and the menu has greatly improved. Now we love it! We usually sit at a pub table or at the bar in the lounge. But the dining room and the tavern area are equally as awesome. The specials are always tasty and the burgers are the best! Lastly, no one makes a better drink than Mark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily ReturnedUnhappyCamperDined on 10/2/2014I was very happy with my first trip to Bowman's tavern and was eager to return again to introduce it to more people. The food, again, was very flavorful and delicious. I didn't realize that there was live music every night! Our server (I unfortunately didn't catch her name) was very helpful, patient, and attentive despite the obvious dinner rush. If you're looking for very good food, a excellent waitstaff, and wonderful atmosphere, this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kale ceasar salad????OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My entire table did not finish there meals, not because of the abundance but because it just wasn't that good. I have had wonderful meals there in the past but I didn't think this was one of there better days. When I ordered the Salmon Kale Caesar salad I was hoping it had Kale included within the salad...not being the entire meal. Also the Salmon was quite "fishy"? I required four lemon slices to extinguish the taste. I did not finish it. I don't think I'll be going back for quite a while.
- Definitely will be back!UnhappyCamperDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant itself was lovely. Great atmosphere, especially with the singer that night. I didn't catch her name, but she was very talented and my friends and I enjoyed it. Lucas, our server, was very helpful and charming. The food was phenomenal. Both my friends got the lamb sandwich and were very happy with it. I ordered a few appetizers as my meal (olives, salumi plate, and wild mushroom flatbread.) Everything was delicious. Loved the cocktail list. The desserts were great, too! We'll be back, definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDgreenDined on 9/20/2014Great time. Great food. Away from the hustle and bustle of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday DinnertravelgirlDined on 9/17/2014We came here for a romantic birthday dinner. We had a nice corner table. We came early so it was quiet. Jessica, our server was great, definitely recommend you ask for her. She explained the menu nicely and gave us plenty of time to enjoy our cocktails (blackberry margarita was a sensation - I had two!) and make our selections. My date had prime rib which he raved about. It was large enough to take some home. I had the roasted red beet appetizer. It was good but small for the price. My seafood stew was tasty but a little small. There was some pleasant piano music playing in the background but by them the noise level was rising so we said goodnight. We will return.Special Features:
- Good tavern timesBiggOttoVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nice feel inside, warm and welcoming with a historical vibe. Got my wife's wheelchair around just fine. Music at bar with a good crowd for Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs more winebhughesDined on 9/13/2014The only reason I did not rate this place as outstanding overall is due to the wine list... It was shortSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyPJJDDined on 9/12/2014The fabulous, efficient and friendly waitress was over the moon about the roasted beets appetizer, so I ordered it and it was good... but the mac and cheese appetizer my husband ordered was out of this world. Wow! I didn't know mac and cheese could taste like that. My turkey burger was moist and tasty. Chatting with other customers, I learned there is a small parking lot just passed the larger parking lot that doesn't have valet parking. That will be our preference next time because we usually dine early. It was quiet except for the people at the table next to us who speak in tones that make every conversation sound like a complaint. Even so, booth seating provided enough of a buffer, so we easily enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Sat night at Bowman'sJBroadwayDined on 9/6/2014It is about 5 minutes down the road from downtown New Hope. It attracts an older crowd and has valet parking. On Saturday night they had live music around the piano bar. It is a nice mix of upscale cuisine and comfort food. We had the roasted mushroom flatbread which was excellent and the garlic hummus which was good. I had the seared tuna and it was very good. The cocktails were well made. If you are looking for good food in a less stuffy setting, I recommend Bowman's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CormgirlCormgirlDined on 9/6/2014Nice casual restaurant. Great cocktails and food. Alittle loud.Special Features:
- OK, nothing specialALFM2082VIPDined on 9/1/2014My opinion of this restaurant was probably colored by the fact that it was so noisy that we could hardly hear the conversation at our table. We would probably try again because this was not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceelectrobufDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is outside the immediate New Hope area but well worth the short drive from mid-term. The decor lends itself to a casual and relaxed feeling and the service was excellent. The menu has a wide range of offerings from "bar food" to great entrees.Special Features:
- Local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food. The meatloaf is an absolute must. Good ambience and overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Hope FindMaxebirdDined on 8/26/2014Had a really good dinner at Bowmans. Blue Moon on tap and spice rubbed chicken wings were a opener. My wife said that her seared scallops were the best that she had ever had. My seafood stew, a mix of lobster, shrimp, calamari, mussels and scallops over pasta in a saffron sauce was excellent. Excellent service. My wife is gluten free and they were more than accommodating to her needs. We will be back.Special Features:
- JoanDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful evening. Food was very good, service excellent and the atmosphere was pleasant if a little noisy. Quite a lovely bar area with entertainment.Special Features:
- Bowman's TavernBuckvalleyDined on 8/21/2014Food is consistantly good, my favorite is the BLT, get it every time! The staff is always friendly, have music entertainment every night, you usually need to make reservations since this place is always busy, especially on weekends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placemldgDined on 8/10/2014So glad someone recommended this place to us. We had a small private room that was just perfect for my sister's 40th birthday dinner. Food was great, atmosphere was perfect for a fun evening.Special Features:
- initial visit to bowman's taverncjrdineVIPDined on 8/1/2014the salmon was excellent. we also had the roast beef sandwich and loved it. hard to talk thought thru the robust noise level. will be back but will try to pick a less busy less noisy time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bucks County GemmikeyDined on 8/1/2014Been going for years. New owners brought a nice change. Bar is great and food is always the best. We love bringing friends who have made Bowman's their favorite place too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ijs4VIPDined on 7/27/2014food was good, nothing special. local musician played nonstop mix of music that appealed to most.Special Features:
- Try the SalmonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014I had the chicken and my date had the salmon. Both outstanding. The presentation of the food was excellent. Service was very good. Only complaint was that the back dining room is excessively loud when full. Very difficult to have a conversation without feeling like I was shouting. Not the fault of the tavern but more a side effect of the particular group that was there. I highly recommend going.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food great night!experiencelifeDined on 7/26/2014The food was outstanding! Service was fast yet not rushed. Couldn't have asked for a better find.Special Features:
- Great place!RussDined on 7/26/2014Great menu, something for everyone. Nice place to get together with friends. Piano bar a hot spot to have a drink and sing a song.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food Good TimeMillindyVIPDined on 7/25/2014Food was really good. Fresh food. The service was great! Bowman's is a casual dining/bar experience for an older crowd of people. We were seated outside and enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- RoroDined on 7/25/2014food and service are excellent and priced right. Entertainment is almost a must when I eat out, as well as a friendly environment which Bowman's has.Special Features: