1600 River Road
New Hope, PA 18938Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bowmanstavernrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (215) 862-2972
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm Sunday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Michael Livelsberger
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are a full service catering company as well as full service restaurant.
- Entertainment: New Hope's premier Piano Bar with live music 7 nights a week!
A word from Bowman's Tavern
Casual and Fine Dining in a relaxed and unpretentious environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Bowman's Tavern - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Bowman's Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (38)vibrant bar scene (37)great for lunch (36)fit for foodies (31)special occasion (18)hot spot (15)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (13)romantic (13)kid-friendly (13)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)scenic view (3)Show More
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/23/2014We went ot for my birthday. The location is on a scenic road, the restauraunt it self is a unique ambniance. there was aguitar player playing soft rock. The food was excellent, the service was good. The family of five all enjoyed there meals. It was moderatly priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely EveningLorbruDined on 11/20/2014Parking lot was full on a Thursday night when we arrived there at 5:15. Bar was very crowded, but not noisy and disruptive...people stopping in for a drink on their way home from work. The renovations were tastefully done in a warm colored, cozy decor reminiscent of an Inn in early America. We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of the food. We thought it might be typical bar food, but all meals were beautifully plated and menu choices were varied. We had 3 of the specials...duck stew for appetizer, veal shank and seared tuna all of which were delicious. We were with another couple that we had not seen for quite a while. We never felt pressure to vacate the table and we enjoyed chatting and eating for 2 1/2 hrs. Service was attentive and timely the entire time. Looking forward to returning for another evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/16/2014I have never been to Bowman's before and what a find. I absolutely loved the ambiance, the dinner of salmon and parsnip puree was outstanding. A couple glasses of wine, it was a perfect evening. Loved the decor, the relaxing atmosphere and location were superb. I will be back for sure. Wonderful friends server as well...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gone down hilldisappointedDined on 11/15/2014We have previously had great experiences here. What an awful night - we were seated under a freezing cold vent (30 degrees outside), and our waitress (Lisa) took our orders, and didn't return until just before the food was brought out (25 minutes later). I had asked for a refill on my drink from the bar. This was brought out well after the freezing cold food. The only thing hot on the plate were the fries. Lisa did not return to check how the food was, and by that point, I was too far gone, so I ate my lukewarm burger with ice cold mushrooms on it. When I brought this to the attention of the hostess on my way out, she couldn't care less. So besides the god awful music, and geriatric company, I won't be returning for a cold meal - I can get that out of my own refrigerator.
- Food good...but very noisyEvvieDined on 11/15/2014We sat in the smaller back room which had low ceilings. All tables were full. The noise level made it very difficult to converse with the couple sitting opposite from us. Food was very good, especially the seafood stew. Service was good, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- opentabledinerVIPDined on 11/11/2014Very pretty restaurant. Very nice server. Maybe we ordered the wrong selections, but our meal was not memorable.
- ExcellentSharonFDined on 11/6/2014Went for dinner before a concert and ended up in the bar for happy hour. From Delaware and didn't know anyone but staff supper friendly and food wonderful. Everything great that we tried - will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LJLolaDined on 11/6/2014Went for lunch with a friend on a rainy day. Our server was attentive and the food was good. I had the soup of the day and a Caesar salad with the anchovy. My friend had the veggie burger and was impressed. We shared the bread pudding desert...it was delicious!Special Features:
- julie & nickyjulnicDined on 11/4/2014Bar ambience relaxing & intimate. Good live music. Wonderful appetizer. Cozy table for two in dining room. Excellent food. Professional and friendly server. Dimmed the lights at our request. Over all, a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014The staff couldn't have been friendlier or more cooperative. We went to celebrate our anniversary and they worked with the musician to find a song I could dedicate to my girlfriend. Food was great. Menu was great. We'll definitely go back again.Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseStacysmom2VIPDined on 10/29/2014My companion and I had been to the Tavern once before with a group and the service was a little spotty but since it was just the two of us, we gave it another try. We were very happy we did. The service was excellent and the food was delicious and plentiful The onion is traditional, with just enough cheese and broth. The hamburger was very fresh and cooked to perfection. The coconut cake was huge and extremely tasty and the creme brulee was smooth and comforting. All in all, a delicious lunch and we will be sure to go back.Special Features:
- Always a winner!dineoutalotVIPDined on 10/28/2014From the hostess, to the servers, to finally the food...always amazing! You can't go wrong with Bowman's Tavern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Alternative to New Hope CrowdsJohnMDined on 10/26/2014Six of us had a late afternoon meal at Bowman's and very much enjoyed the old tavern atmosphere/ Service was friendly and knowledgeable, and the 5 different meals we all well prepared and served at the appropriate temperature. We all agreed we would return given the opportunity in the future.Special Features:
- Great Food and AtmosphereLisaHDined on 10/24/2014A great place to eat if you are staying in or around New Hope. We loved everything we ordered and would definitely go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Food is very good and promptly served - it was a bit noisy where we sat in the booths in the corner, but we like this place and will be back. We will request a quiet location to sit and eat.Special Features:
- Great MusicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/23/2014Especially enjoyed the music, Neil Podgurski and trio
- Did not live up to expectations.KathyDined on 10/19/2014We read reviews that this place was very good. We stopped in while out for a drive. The service was very slow. My husband had a filet which he said was cooked perfectly but when it arrived it was cold. I had crabcakes that were burnt on one side and was also cold. Don't t waste your time.
- excellentSheriSVIPDined on 10/18/2014Once again we had a fantastic experience at Bowman's. The food was absolutely delicious from the vegetable soup, chicken salad sandwich and salmon. We shared the bread pudding - yum! Love the french fries too. Unfortunately we were put next to a very large and noisy party which made it difficult to talk to our friends at the table. We will definitely be back again. Prices are excellent too.Special Features:
- Good foodPhilDined on 10/18/2014Excellent food and timely service. On the pricey side for the ambience and menu. Nice bar ambience.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerPhillyGuy06Dined on 10/18/2014My wife and two young daughters had a great time. The food is good, the vibe is casual, and the staff is friendly. Good selection on menu, though a bit pricey.Special Features:
- Great spot!wendyloveschicagoDined on 10/17/2014We went here before a show at the Bucks County Playhouse and it was the perfect spot for a light meal. The menu was filled with good choices and we really enjoyed our dinner! We look forward to a return visit the next time we're in the area. The service was perfect, the food was delicious, and the ambiance was fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Location, ambience and food!FoodieFamilyDined on 10/12/2014We took my parents (70+) and our daughter (21) to Bowman's Tavern for Sunday brunch and loved it! Both the brunch and lunch menu were offered and a full bar was open. Dessert was decadent, as are the lovely "not too sweet" specialty coffees. We will be back!Special Features:
- Very nice28yearsDined on 10/9/2014Calamari and scallops were excellent! The house salad was also delicious!Special Features:
- Not for meSharoncVIPDined on 10/4/2014The other people in my party enjoyed their food, but I found my entrée - the special which was recommended by the server tough and entirely too salty. The appetizer which we shared was just OK and also, extremely salty.
- Wonderful recommendationtazarella1004Dined on 10/4/2014Friends recommended Bowman's Tavern to us after enjoying a visit themselves. Mushroom flatbread app was delicious. Thebporterhouse pork special was tasty. Enjoyed music entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We Love this place!TrexVIPDined on 10/3/2014We have been coming to Bowman's since 2008. We liked it from the first time we visited. We have been frequenting the establishment regularly for the past 6 years. The food and the service was always good. However, since James bought the place, the ambiance (recently updated), the crowd and the menu has greatly improved. Now we love it! We usually sit at a pub table or at the bar in the lounge. But the dining room and the tavern area are equally as awesome. The specials are always tasty and the burgers are the best! Lastly, no one makes a better drink than Mark!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happily ReturnedUnhappyCamperDined on 10/2/2014I was very happy with my first trip to Bowman's tavern and was eager to return again to introduce it to more people. The food, again, was very flavorful and delicious. I didn't realize that there was live music every night! Our server (I unfortunately didn't catch her name) was very helpful, patient, and attentive despite the obvious dinner rush. If you're looking for very good food, a excellent waitstaff, and wonderful atmosphere, this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Kale ceasar salad????OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014My entire table did not finish there meals, not because of the abundance but because it just wasn't that good. I have had wonderful meals there in the past but I didn't think this was one of there better days. When I ordered the Salmon Kale Caesar salad I was hoping it had Kale included within the salad...not being the entire meal. Also the Salmon was quite "fishy"? I required four lemon slices to extinguish the taste. I did not finish it. I don't think I'll be going back for quite a while.
- Definitely will be back!UnhappyCamperDined on 9/21/2014The restaurant itself was lovely. Great atmosphere, especially with the singer that night. I didn't catch her name, but she was very talented and my friends and I enjoyed it. Lucas, our server, was very helpful and charming. The food was phenomenal. Both my friends got the lamb sandwich and were very happy with it. I ordered a few appetizers as my meal (olives, salumi plate, and wild mushroom flatbread.) Everything was delicious. Loved the cocktail list. The desserts were great, too! We'll be back, definitely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findDgreenDined on 9/20/2014Great time. Great food. Away from the hustle and bustle of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy Birthday DinnertravelgirlDined on 9/17/2014We came here for a romantic birthday dinner. We had a nice corner table. We came early so it was quiet. Jessica, our server was great, definitely recommend you ask for her. She explained the menu nicely and gave us plenty of time to enjoy our cocktails (blackberry margarita was a sensation - I had two!) and make our selections. My date had prime rib which he raved about. It was large enough to take some home. I had the roasted red beet appetizer. It was good but small for the price. My seafood stew was tasty but a little small. There was some pleasant piano music playing in the background but by them the noise level was rising so we said goodnight. We will return.Special Features:
- Good tavern timesBiggOttoVIPDined on 9/13/2014Nice feel inside, warm and welcoming with a historical vibe. Got my wife's wheelchair around just fine. Music at bar with a good crowd for Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs more winebhughesDined on 9/13/2014The only reason I did not rate this place as outstanding overall is due to the wine list... It was shortSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyPJJDDined on 9/12/2014The fabulous, efficient and friendly waitress was over the moon about the roasted beets appetizer, so I ordered it and it was good... but the mac and cheese appetizer my husband ordered was out of this world. Wow! I didn't know mac and cheese could taste like that. My turkey burger was moist and tasty. Chatting with other customers, I learned there is a small parking lot just passed the larger parking lot that doesn't have valet parking. That will be our preference next time because we usually dine early. It was quiet except for the people at the table next to us who speak in tones that make every conversation sound like a complaint. Even so, booth seating provided enough of a buffer, so we easily enjoyed the evening.Special Features:
- Sat night at Bowman'sJBroadwayDined on 9/6/2014It is about 5 minutes down the road from downtown New Hope. It attracts an older crowd and has valet parking. On Saturday night they had live music around the piano bar. It is a nice mix of upscale cuisine and comfort food. We had the roasted mushroom flatbread which was excellent and the garlic hummus which was good. I had the seared tuna and it was very good. The cocktails were well made. If you are looking for good food in a less stuffy setting, I recommend Bowman's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CormgirlCormgirlDined on 9/6/2014Nice casual restaurant. Great cocktails and food. Alittle loud.Special Features:
- OK, nothing specialALFM2082VIPDined on 9/1/2014My opinion of this restaurant was probably colored by the fact that it was so noisy that we could hardly hear the conversation at our table. We would probably try again because this was not the restaurant's fault.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceelectrobufDined on 8/31/2014The restaurant is outside the immediate New Hope area but well worth the short drive from mid-term. The decor lends itself to a casual and relaxed feeling and the service was excellent. The menu has a wide range of offerings from "bar food" to great entrees.Special Features:
- Local gemOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food. The meatloaf is an absolute must. Good ambience and overall wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Hope FindMaxebirdDined on 8/26/2014Had a really good dinner at Bowmans. Blue Moon on tap and spice rubbed chicken wings were a opener. My wife said that her seared scallops were the best that she had ever had. My seafood stew, a mix of lobster, shrimp, calamari, mussels and scallops over pasta in a saffron sauce was excellent. Excellent service. My wife is gluten free and they were more than accommodating to her needs. We will be back.Special Features: