Bow & Truss
11122 Magnolia Blvd
North Hollywood, CA 91601Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Bow & Truss
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bowandtruss.com/
- Phone: 8189858787x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday - 11:30am-Close
Saturday - Sunday - 10am-Close
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, South American, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Aaron Grissom
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Bow & Truss is available for special events! Please contact the restaurant directly to find out more!
- Cross Street: Between Lankershim and Vineland
- Public Transit: Metro Rail and BRT service
Red Line Metro Rail service hours are approximately 5:00am until 12:45am daily.
Metro Liner Orange Line BRT (Bus Rapid Transitway) service hours are approximately 4:00am until 1:00am daily.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet service available every night from 5:00pm-12:30am and Sundays starting at 10:00am.
Metered street parking available on Magnolia until 6 pm, Magnolia parking is free after 6 pm and on Sundays. Non-metered, permit-free street parking available on surrounding residential streets.
A word from Bow & Truss
Bow & Truss features a small plates menu of Latin cuisine, created by executive chef Aaron Grissom. Chef Grissom's menu is beautifully complimented by a unique list of domestic and Latin wines, craft beers and culinary cocktails designed by Marcos Tellos and Aidan Demarest of Liquid Assets. Bow & Truss is praised for its ambiance and aesthetic, with an interior dining room boasting exposed brick and a voluminous bow ceiling. A large patio, completely walled from the street, transports you to the beaches of Spain with crushed granite sand, umbrellas, and an exterior bar. Whether dining inside or out, the Bow & Truss experience is perfectly balanced between exquisite food and cocktails made from the soul. Bow & Truss is warm and inviting, perfect for a neighborhood evening, or a trip over the hill for an exciting experience. Located in the heart of the NoHo Arts District, Bow & Truss strives to maintain an artistic approach to food and drink, while remaining approachable and relaxed.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Bow & Truss - Best Restaurants in North Hollywood ›
Bow & Truss reviews from OpenTable diners
68 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (55)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (35)vibrant bar scene (27)good for groups (23)hot spot (21)romantic (13)late-night find (11)special occasion (11)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great food - Slow to tableFoodGuy71Dined on 10/12/2014GREAT atmosphere. Friendly service. AMAZING food. Large portions. Great prices. But very very slow. Ordered our food + 2 cappuccino's. Took about 20 minutes for the first cappuccino to arrive and another 5-10 minutes for the second one. Food didn't arrive until more than 45 minutes after ordering. And this was at lunch-time without a huge crowd in the restaurant. Once the food arrived, we were very happy. Truly original flavors, presentations, etc. If they could just get the turn-around time on the food under control, this would be a an amazing place.Special Features:
- No Dogs AllowedOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/3/2014I was having a very positive 1st time experience at Bow & Truss until another patron came in with her pet dog. I have allergies to pet danger and years ago went through four years of allergy shots to combat the symptoms. I notified my wait staff of this, and the best the establishment did was to re-seat me to another part of the space farther away from the dog versus not allowing the do to enter the premises. So to me, I felt like someone's pet received more privileges and consideration than I did, a paying customer. I was sorely disappointed and honestly would not recommend this place to anyone like with pet allergies knowing that this establishment cares more about an animal than it does its paying customers.Special Features:
- Trying too hardJJayDined on 9/27/2014The NoHo Arts Districts needs some better dining options, but Bow & Truss tries too hard to be "cool" at the expense of the menu. The paella was dry and over cooked. The fig bread was really good.Special Features:
- Nice ambianceMeriTTDined on 9/23/2014The restaurant is very nice. It has a nice front patio and it's also nice inside. They have a few nice large booths and a great bar. The food is good and unique. I had wine and the cheese board, shrimp and a broccoli dish. It was very good. The way they display the food on the boards and plates make it look very appetizing. The bill was around $70 with tip which I think is a lot for 3 glasses of wine during happy hour and 3 small plates of tapas for two people. What killed it for me was the parking situation. I wasn't too happy about having to pay $8 for valet. The street parking is very limited. Would I return, yes but would try to find street parking. The price of the valet should be $5 to park in North Hollywood.Special Features:
- Great place even w/o the paella!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/21/2014Great place! Enjoyed the unusual food selections. Disappointed that the paella was not available till 5pm.Special Features:
- Just go hereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014We had real bread, fresh made, not frozen and baked, not from a bakery and reheated, but bread that is hot and steamy and smells only like when you make it by hand yourself. Just wonderful.Special Features:
- outdoor lovesantourenaDined on 9/20/2014What makes this restaurant great is the open space. The high ceilings are great. There is a great bar inside and one outside. Our group had the seafood paella which was amazing, and pork paella which was good. The portions were a bit small. They do have large plate paella and small plate make sure you specify because there was a bit of a mix up with our waitress but it was all good. Next time I'll know. :) Everything was delicious especially the seafood paella. They are a bit pricey for food and for drinks that is my only issue, which makes it difficult to go to regularly but maybe for a date or to hang out with a group where we can share everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdW1VIPDined on 9/10/2014I have been to this restaurant 3 times. Dinner far surpasses lunch. They recently changed up the menu. I ordered the paellla with sausage and unfortunately all I can say is SALTY, SALTY, SALTY, SALTY ................. Not enjoyable. I think they put the whole salt shaker in my food. They need to correct this. Was very disappointed.
- If you like outdoor dining...Lizzie42Dined on 9/7/2014Starters were good. We were especially looking forward to the paella, but we were disappointed. It's a great drinks and appetizer place. White Sangria was wonderful. Staff is exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Officialtaster1Dined on 8/28/2014Excellent meal,excellent service. A pleasure to be thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was goodSCP2013VIPDined on 8/27/2014Service was very slow the bread and cheese platter was great, fish tacos very plain and chopped salad was nothing to write home about only one dessert on menu it was slow to order and slow to wait for foodSpecial Features:
- Cool Tapas Bar with outdoor tablesHappyBillyDined on 8/23/2014This is a cool bar/restaurant...even though they have a great menu - we feasted on all the "tapas" stuff - FIG BREAD OMG!!! and the tacos...and the service... everything was perfect! Gets busy after 7:00pm, but they have valet parking and plenty of tables to accomodateSpecial Features:
- Won't be going backUnhappyDined on 8/22/2014We were ther a year ago and loved it. The food was great and so was our server. We had recommended it to a friend and went last week... We were not happy. The menu had changed and the items we had liked were not available or had changed. When we left and found out that the valet service charge had gone up to $8 that did it! We won't be going back.
- Great spot!SkillsDined on 8/22/2014Nice outdoor dining area with plenty of seating. Good cocktails. We only tried a few appetizers and dessert. The corn was amazing! Service was okay. The wait person was very nice, but it took a looooong time for anyone to realize we had been sat and we almost missed happy hour prices!Special Features:
- consistently goodvalleyfoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014interesting menu and combination of flavors....consistently good. (not great...but good!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Paella.Neighborhood4DiningDined on 8/9/2014Food was quite good, especially the Paella and the pork tacos. Next time we will ask for a booth inside.Special Features:
- AmazingLittleLatinLupeDined on 8/9/2014Everything about this place is great. Food is delicious!! Everyone must try this place at least once!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SLOWOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/5/2014Had a 6pm reservation and the place was half full. Took time to get a drink order in. The first couple of dishes all came out at the same time, and then we waiting almost an hour for Paella.Special Features:
- LunchEdW1VIPDined on 8/5/2014The quality of the food is very high. The taste factor was much better at dinner than at lunch. Highly recommend for dinner. Both inside and outside environments are excellent.Special Features:
- Perfect summer eveningtartangirlDined on 8/1/2014A perfect summer evening on the patio; great service and yummy food! The cheeseboard was not as stunningly artistic as they used to be - but still delicious. Fig bread was wonderful. All the small plates have great flavours - and lots of veggie choices.Special Features:
- Foodie findCandiKDined on 8/1/2014We ordered several different dishes all were shareable. It seemed like each one got better then the last one. We loved them all from the tacos to the paella. My favorite was the pork tacos they are craveable to say the least. Great food and full bar in the hood, can't ask for better.....Special Features:
- Bow & Truss can take a bowOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014We went for a late Sunday brunch on our way to a 3pm show at the NoHo Performing Arts Center nearby. Felt like we were in the "gap" -- past the busy brunch hour and not in "happy hour" or "dinner" yet. The service was very friendly; the food was excellent. The decor is interesting, though spare. The atmosphere was perfect for us because the restaurant wasn't busy. But we can imagine it could be rather loud when busy. It would be fun to experience this place when it's hopping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSaruotokoDined on 7/26/2014Knowledgeable and friendly staff always gives you great information about your dishes, and what they like/don't like. Its small portions to share, so don't expect big heaping plates. The food is top notch. The presentation is appealing. The drinks are inventive and complement the food. I've been here several times, and am always happy when my sweet baby and I talk our friends into joining us there.Special Features:
- Food, Fun, and a Good FindFabFunFoodFindsDined on 7/23/2014Loved the seating arrangements, bar ambience, and comfort of the area. The food was very tasteful and good portion sizes for tapas style. The service was attentive and great. We will definitely be inside next time because of the flies, otherwise...yes, we'll be back!Special Features:
- OK ExperiencePhillyboyVIPDined on 7/19/2014This was my second visit to this indoor/outdoor Latin concept in NoHo. The space is quite nice and the patio has a comfortable feel. We found the food to be just ok. The steak was under cooked, over sauced and had a very strong blue cheese element that overwhelmed the taste of the meat. The chicken entrée was insubstantial (a very small breast and part of the wing) and not well seasoned. For the price I was expecting a bit more food on the plate. Service was reasonably attentive, but the kitchen was slow. Perhaps a good spot to grab a drink and a taco, but I believe there are better dinner choices in the area.Special Features:
- Lovely Hidden GenShutterbugMcGruffDined on 7/18/2014It was girls night out and we decided to try something new. Google'd tapas near our house and discovered this gem. We sat inside, but I recommend requesting the patio. I had a specialty cocktail called a Burnt Pepino that was very spicy and delicious! We shared the ceviche which was played beautifully but left me wanting for more seafood. The tomatoes and side sauce were out of this world, and there's another surprise to the dish that I'll leave for you to discover. We also tried the Verde Paella which was very good. The black garlic cooked into the rice really turns it up a notch. I might try a meatier version on my next go around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Cool For SchoolOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/18/2014Maybe now Noho is just too hip? Or maybe deconstructed carrot cake is just gross? Either ways, it's too bad, I think Bow & Truss has already peaked. Our waiter was also more occupied with, from what I assume, visiting staff members to bring us our meal.Special Features:
- too much saltfoodieDined on 7/14/2014I liked the place; thought the menu was interesting (showed some imagination); host, waiter, busser competent and friendly; but take the salt away from the cooks! - - if you go to Bow & Truss I would suggest what ever you order to tell the waiter to tell the cook NO SALT. You can add salt if you want after you taste the food, of course, but at least you will be able to taste the food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceSamanthaWDined on 7/12/2014I wish the food was better. It used to be but I guess they got a new chef, the menu changed and some of my favorite items were gone. The drinks were mediocre too. But the restaurant has a good vibe, its a great place for catching up with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerBSPRINGVILLEDined on 7/12/2014Great menu selections but food poorly prepared. Ordered all three paella options and all three were burned significantly on the bottom. Great recipe, poor execution.Special Features:
- Prior to TheatreBartDined on 7/6/2014we had a nice visit. too hot to sit on the patio. food and service were good but not memorable. Did not have the clams I had hoped forSpecial Features:
- Excellent Neighborhood JointsugarnerdVIPDined on 7/5/2014This is a great neighborhood restaurant. The vibe is cool but not sceney and the food is really inventive and excellent. Great cocktails and the service was friendly but not intrusive. Another great thing about this restaurant is that you can bring your dog. I haven't tried it but when I was there for dinner, there were several diners who had their dogs with them. If you want to sit outside, make sure you indicate this on Open Table or when you call. I had assumed we could sit outside when I reserved and even though most tables were free when we arrived, the hostess said they were reserved for people who asked for outside so we had to sit inside. At least they honor requests.Special Features:
- The following 257 reviews are from the Bow & Truss reviews archive.
- Excellent Tapas placeYonirVIPDined on 6/15/2014We enjoyed the food very much ! very creative ! the paella was amazing !!Special Features:
- Service + Food = Great Experiencedjy1Dined on 6/14/2014The servers were great. The new menu had some great selections. We did miss the shrimp with the cheesy grits, I think it was Shrimp Romesco, from the old menu. That was a very special dish and we'd love to see it come back. The Sea Food Paella was excellent and a real highlight. My Old Fashioned with Buffalo Trace was made perfectly as was your Sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salty DogPlayer6464VIPDined on 6/14/2014I love Bow and Truss, but everything we tried on the new menu was so SALTY! The Clams were delicious, but broth really salty. I think the food would be very good if salt is toned down. Patio is lovely!Special Features:
- Not all thatHector08Dined on 6/13/2014First don't order the ceviche unless you like hot avocado. They need to specify on menu I order it and my girlfriend hates avocado. Food was ok but tacos were cold when they got to the table. Table for two are extremely small so get a booth. Overall I was disappointed I was place on a table near the register where I could here the employees talking about there personal life . I won't be going back unless it's for a beer. The bill was like $60 I rather go to Bj's you get your $ worth!!Special Features:
- Great Neighborhood GemTinaJVIPDined on 6/8/2014The food was unusual and delicious. Outdoor dining that provides privacy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesStraccioneDined on 6/5/2014Although the menu is small, there is a great variety of choices. The lamb tacos and beet burratta salad were outstanding. We also loved the paella del mar and citrus salad. All of us got different cocktails that we're delicious. The service was excellent. a good choice to celebrate a birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TapasDannykozDined on 5/21/2014There are lots of great dishes to try and the setting is a lovely outdoor area with couches and coffee tables in addition to traditional dining tables. Each plate is three portions so groups of three or six are ideal. The service is friendly and helpful, if not completely well trained. On two occasions it took more than 10 minutes and a little begging to get more water, but it's well worth it for the yummy bites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our second time there!!FabricioMundoDined on 5/17/2014If you enjoy food with a little kick (Brava Butter and bread!!) and a great hang out with young energy this place is for you!! Very vibrant place with excellent pork cheek tacos (Keep them coming) and great beer selection. Excellent wine (root 1) fruity u front and no bitter oak aftertaste. We will be back.Special Features: