Boutin's on Bluebonnet
8322 Bluebonnet Blvd
Baton Rouge, LA 70810-2825Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
Boutin's on Bluebonnet
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boutins.com/
- Phone: 2258199862
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Philippe Parola
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We have 2 banquet halls that can hold 50 or 100 guest. We have full catering details on our website.
- Private Party Contact: Rachel Dugas 2258199862
- Entertainment: We have Cajun bands every Monday-Saturday nights.
A word from Boutin's on Bluebonnet
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boutin's on Bluebonnet reviews from OpenTable diners
- We recommend this restaurantbennet53Dined on 11/16/2013We recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking the authentic Cajun dining experience. Having dined there several times, we really enjoy going there even though it is 2 1/2 hours from our home.Special Features:
- Great Night OuttigertailgatersDined on 8/17/2013We had a great time and the food was very good! A group of 10 friends out for an enjoyable evening. The band provided a great cajun ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced and over ratedPTrotterDined on 8/16/2013Despite several recommendations and good reviews we were definitely underwhelmed with the food. Fish came out cold and grilled chicken was overly salty.Special Features:
- Group Cajun Experienceluv2dineDined on 8/15/2013The restaurant was clean and definitely had the Cajun feel for our out of town guest. The Cajun band was enjoyable, even if they did start late. Have to admit that I was let down with the service. With a reservation made early for 11, I had expected them to be more prepared. Even tho the restaurant was pretty empty on customers, the service was SLOW and we experienced numerous mix ups on the food and drink orders. The food measured up and the portion sizes were adequate for the price, but they need to work on their service as this is something that DEFINITELY needs improvement, especially in light of the standard 18% gratuity for the one (1) server and 4% gratuity for the band added to the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great dining experienceluvcajunfoodDined on 7/27/2013Overall a great place my children enjoyed the food and we really enjoyed the cajun atmosphere. The food and service was great! Great place for all ages And a great place for a special event.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Change of paceJakenjillDined on 7/12/2013Was everything we expected in a down home themed restaurant. Would definitely recommend to friends. Will be visiting again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu itemsjawsDined on 6/26/2013Went for our anniversary ordered a drink,that was all we got because everything we ordered they did not have ,so we left and went to mike Anderson's! I mean come on a cajun restaurant with no gumbo !!!! We just got a little aggravated when the next item we ordered wasn't available either,but the waitress was very nice and seemed a little embarrassed.For a first time experience it was not a good one!
- It was... OKDINR43Dined on 6/17/2013In our opinion, the food was far from the best Cajun cuisine. We have had much better for less. The price was high and servings were small. Service left a lot to be desired. We won't be going back.
- Good food & entertainmentjmcm19002VIPDined on 5/28/2013Great place - food was very good & live Cajun music was exceptional!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took my Texan hubby here forMrsADined on 5/25/2013Took my Texan hubby here for some Cajun food and entertainment. We were not disappointed. It was such a fun place. It's loud, so if you want quiet and intimate you may want to dine on the back porch... Even then you may encounter some kiddies turtle watching. Our server was nice, but I wouldn't say that waiting tables was her calling. We got the crawfish wantons as an appetizer. Normally, they come with plum ginger sauce, but they came out with ranch. When we asked our server about it, she said that they were out of the sauce and ranch was the substitute. I wish that we would have known that before hand. Overall, we really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgettable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/21/2013Nothing to write home about. A Cajun 'Cracker Barrel'. Definitely better choices nearby.
- Great dining experience especiallypeteDined on 5/12/2013Great dining experience especially when the Cajun band is playing! Very unique.Special Features:
- Disappointing experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013Our group of seven had a very disappointing meal at Boutin's. Overall, we enjoyed the food. But it was difficult to enjoy the food with such poor service. Orders were wrong, no refills on beverages, and no dishes at all were removed from the table. Appetizer plates were still there when we left. There were so many dishes on the table that the waitress had to hand me dessert because there was no room to place it on the table. Even then, she left without taking a dish!! So I had to stack plates to make room for dessert. And speaking of dessert, two in our group had a meal that included dessert so we were brought ours automatically, NO other person at the table was even offered the opportunity to order dessert.