2255 Frankfort Ave
Louisville, KY 40206Neighborhood:
SouthernPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bourbonsbistro.com/
- Phone: 5028948838x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southern, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Bridges
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant maybe rented out for large parties, or on days we are closed from lunches to special parties. Just call the restaurant to see if we can accommodate your group. We have a separate space in addition to our main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Anne Harlow : firstname.lastname@example.org 5028948838x
A word from Bourbons Bistro
Located on Frankfort Avenue's restaurant row in the historic Clifton neighborhood, we offer more than 130 bourbons, as well as a selection of antique expression whiskies that you won't find anywhere else.Continued
Bourbons features upscale dining in an elegant but casual atmosphere and a bourbon-inspired seasonal menu graced southern inspired cuisine.
Bourbons features upscale dining in an elegant but casual atmosphere and a bourbon-inspired seasonal menu graced southern inspired cuisine.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbons Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
86 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)special occasion (47)fit for foodies (46)romantic (37)good for groups (26)late-night find (14)great for outdoor dining (14)notable wine list (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- ExpensiveJohnDined on 9/26/2014The food is great, but I thought it was a little high. The drinks are expensive too.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent ... incredible bourbon list (and knowledge). Food was great and the one vegetarian was told they would mix/match whatever they wanted or prepare something if they didn't see anything they wanted ... and did so with energetic attitude (unlike so many restaurants).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big ImprovementKennyDined on 9/10/2014We were frequenters of bourbons bistro prior to 2012. In late 2012 the head chef left and we could tell something was off. We knew it because our favorite appetizer (goat cheese and toasted points) weren't the same. This time we came back and the recipe has changed again but in a more favorable way. We came here to show some out of town friends the local bourbon scene and we're extremely happy with the service and quality of food this time. Will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Excellent in every wayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Our server Cielle (sp?) was a joy for everyone in our group of 6. The food was amazing, and no detail was forgotten. An amazing place. (p.s. those who got the pork chop raved about it!) I would definitely seek this place out on my next visit to Louisville.Special Features:
- Great "Discovery"2localdiningloversDined on 9/5/2014So glad I saved the June City Guide issue of Louisville magazine! We wanted someplace nice and a restaurant we hadn't been to before. Frankfort Avenue was the right street and Boubons Bistro was the exact right place! I had the classic burger with pork belly-oh my, delicious! My husband had the pork chops with sweet potato mash with a bourbon dressed kale on top-absolutely perfect! The drinks-both with bourbon (I had the one with the maple syrup and bacon infused bourbon) were top notch. A great place to enjoy a leisurely dining experience, to celebrate, to enjoy great food and drinks. Server was knowledgeable and friendly. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- Quite the find!JaPryDined on 8/29/2014Recommended to us by a Louisville native, we just loved this restaurant. A wonderful selection of Bourbon cocktails (the best we found in the city) and a very unique menu. Plus it was a charming, off the beat and path neighborhood which we also enjoyed. Go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- off the beaten path...but goodPk66VIPDined on 8/23/2014In Louisville for a conference and a group of us went to Bourbons Bistro. Not in the city central...but it was worth the drive. ($16 cab ride with tip). Nice little neighborhood restaurant...nice menu...good food and a decent wine list. The Lobster Bruscetta left little to be desired, it was not at all what we were expecting...it was a dip with bread in the bowl....and very little lobster. Salmon was great! Above average Caesar salad. If i came back to Louisville, I would probably go back.Special Features:
- great for a celebrationmariaVIPDined on 8/17/2014had a wonderful time for my daughter's birthday. it was a large party. the meal was timed beautifully. having been there recently i recommended the scallops to several people and they did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Delicious BurgersFancylootDined on 8/16/2014Some friends And I dined here prior to seeing a movie. We had burgers that were delicious and came with fabulous french fries. We also has fresh crispy salads with oysters on them. The salads were also fabulous and the addition of oysters (recommended by our fabulous server) were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early DinnermtbtigerDined on 8/12/2014Excellent selection and knowledge of bourbon by waitress / bartender. Service was awesome with great suggestions when asked. The bar area is the highlight of the area, the indoor dining area looses some of the ambience as its décor doesn't match the bar area.Special Features:
- Blown AwayomullinVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were in town for the PGA Gold Tournament and were looking for a casual dining experience. We knew nothing about Bourbons Bistro - found it by chance on Open Table. Truly one of the best meals we've ever had. They were slammed when we arrived. We opted to sit outside. Service was excellent, food was amazing and their bread pudding dessert was fabulous. The only downside was the lack of parking availability. Leave a few extra minutes to find a parking spot. Otherwise, a wonderful find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No, no, no!d2vueDined on 8/9/2014Pro - Food had some good features. Eclectic, interesting neighborhood. Cons - Be prepared for little to no parking; too dark in restaurant to read menu but we had bad outside light on us, blinding us; waitress was friendly but lacking in intelligence when it came to knowledge of menu; had to ask for bread twice; meal was okay but nothing special - WAY TOO PRICEY!; ice cream was NOT homemade - maybe that's what the carton said.
- service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/9/2014We came post the PGA Tournament with our local family and a friend from Canada. The best part of the meal was our server...she was awesome and made the dining experience a delight. The appetizers (lobster bruschetta and fried oysters) came out less than appealing and were average in taste. Our steaks were good and scallop entree okay. Overall I'd rate it much higher if the price to the quality and the outdoor patio atmosphere were more in line. Seems very over priced for the quality and appearance of the food and exterior patio setting. As a side note, we loved the ambience of the passing trains.Special Features:
- Bourbon havenBrickDined on 8/8/2014Not only do they have a great list of a 100 different bourbons but the food is absolutely phenomenal. Highly recommend the filet. Cooked perfectly and melts in your mouth. Can't wait to go back and try others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!Luv2eatDined on 8/3/2014My husband & I dined @ bourbon Bistro Sunday, August 3rd. Food was delicious & Brian was pleasant, efficient, & helpful! Thanks for making our evening memorable! We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!mariaVIPDined on 8/1/2014Every time we go to Bourbon's Bistro we say we need to come back again, just sooner. We are never disappointed. the bourbon's flights are fun. The scallops were incredible. We had the olive oil cake instead of the bread pudding (our usual), a great choice. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Romantic oneRomanticoneDined on 7/30/2014Loved the food drinks and desserts. Very romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CelebratingKNOWVIPDined on 7/22/2014We loved every bit of our experience at bourbons bistro. We had received a gift certificate for out wedding anniversary and our waitress overheard that and brought us dessert on the house to celebrate! Our food was amazing and the service was great! Will be back again!Special Features:
- Loved it...gypsygurlDined on 7/22/2014My friend is a recent non-traditional graduate from UofL and I wanted to treat him to a nice dining experience. Just my way of saying congrats on your hard work. We loved everything about Bourbons Bistro. This would be a great date night or ladies night out.Special Features:
- Great Frankfort Avenue SpotEyecon502Dined on 7/16/2014This was probably my 5th or 6th time dining here, but only my first in the past few years. Not much has changed...excellent food, with surprising value (portions aren't quite as small as comparable restaurants), great ambiance and marvelous service (especially Shannon, who definitely knows her wines). This visit, I had the scallops, which we perfectly seared and flavored. A must-try location for foodies with a penchant for bourbons and whiskeys, it also boasts an excellent wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014we celebrated my wife's birthday with some friends and had a great time - great food, drinks, service. lobster bruschetta appetizer was out of this world, as was the salmon, and oh my those bourbon balls!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent qualityUnbreederVIPDined on 7/12/2014Always a great experience! Great food and consistent quality. Service is always excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!WiseguyWisegalDined on 7/11/2014Great food! Great service! What's not to love when everything has a bourbon flair! This restaurant will make any true Kentuckian wanting more!Special Features:
- good neighborhood placeChoclaholicDined on 6/29/2014If you want to impress a visitor with KY's bourbon selection - this is the place! The bar is lots of fun. The restaurant is fine, but it would be much better if they sourced locally grown and raised food - it's all about the groceries. Worth a visit though.Special Features:
- Small portionsEatoutDined on 6/28/2014I was disappointed, the wine we ordered was a very small pour looks like they were trying to squeeze 5 or 6 pours out of a bottle? The food was good 3 Scallops for $24.00? Scallops cost them $2.00 a piece but felt the portion was small all around. Expensive night for 2 our total was $77.00 and we left hungry. 2 drinks no apps or dessert???Special Features:
- Great for a quiet date nightajromaDined on 6/24/2014My husband and I really enjoyed ourselves at bourbons bistro. We don't often go out (we have 2 small children) so we always choose carefully when we have the rare opportunity to eat out alone. My husband enjoyed his pork chop and the homemade bourbon ice cream. My favorite part of the meal was the olive oil cake, id say it was the best dessert I have ever had! We will return on our next date night (whenever that may be).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent First VisitMichaelDined on 6/21/2014After many years of passing by on our way to other restaurants, we stopped for dinner with two friends. We should have stopped much sooner. The menu was not very long, but it offered a very nice selection of farm to table, freshly prepared starters and entrees. The wine list also offered several favorites, and reasonable pricing. The bourbon list is extensive, and includes "flights" - an opportunity to select several matched "tastings". Shannon, our server, was personable, efficient, and knowledgeable. We highly recommend that you try this restaurant.Special Features:
- Father's Day Brunch a Success!MaryLou1023Dined on 6/15/2014We had a great time at the father's day brunch. There was something for everyone and the waitstaff was very attentive. Thanks!Special Features:
- Beyond BourbonCynthia59VIPDined on 6/14/2014Try the pork tenderloin -- moist, tender, flavorful. Service was outstanding. Husband said his steak was good, but lacked flavor.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceCoachKoeplinDined on 6/13/2014This restaurant is wonderful. The bourbon selections, appetizers, main courses, and desserts are all to-die-for. Calamari w chorizo, pork tenderloin w proschuitto wrapped asparagus, soy-braised short ribs, finished it off w bourbon balls. Everything was delicious!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will go again!tryingnewthings417Dined on 6/5/2014My husband and I had a Groupon so decided to try Bourbon's Bistro. It was fabulous! We had Spicy Fried Oysters & Lobster Bruschetta for appetizers. My husband had the scallop dish and said the scallops melted in your mouth. I had the pork dish and it was so tender. The flavors of everything was wonderful. The selection of Bourbon was almost overwhelming! We took our desserts to go (we were so full from our meal). The bread pudding was delicious and the Bourbon balls were the best I have ever tasted! We can't wait to dine there again.Special Features:
- Pleasant surprisenewtastesDined on 6/3/2014Had a pre-concert meal that was great. My husband loved his steak and I was delighted with the pork tenderloin. After selecting a dessert, the waitress surprised me by telling us it was on them since it was my birthday celebration. It even came with a candle to blow out.Special Features:
- The following 230 reviews are from the Bourbons Bistro reviews archive.
- Excellent whiskey choices & barLocavore2014Dined on 5/29/2014The bar and bartender are the reasons why I like to go there. They really need to work on their variety of food options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere!iknowwhatilikeDined on 5/24/2014Bourbons Bistro is a great special occasion/group meeting place. Its dark but you can talk intimately w/ others at your table. We ordered scallops, duck, oysters and wings & they were all exceptionally flavored and the portions seemed right. Our bourbon samples were labeled on little cards so we knew what we had. Overall, a great experience.Special Features:
- A solid placeTimHDined on 5/11/2014We hadn't been to Bourbon's for a year or two. They've made some changes to the menu, all for the better except for the omission of the late, great fried green tomato appetizer. The service was prompt, friendly and attentive. The food was very good. I had the pork tenderloin and would recommend it although the hamburger looked delicious and was reportedly so. We'll be back much sooner this time!Special Features:
- Good Mother's Day BrunchjbtravelsDined on 5/11/2014Very good brunch plus very tender and moist fried chicken. Down side was arriving late in the afternoon after many items were gone. Had to wait for the food to be replenished. Service was good and pleasant surroundings.Special Features:
- Lively and Deliciouskmm1esqDined on 5/10/2014Dined at Bourbons Bistro on a Saturday night. Restaurant was busy and the crowd was energetic. Food was excellent. Our steaks were among the best that we've had in recent memory and the sides were creative takes on old favorites, with a few new delicious adventures. Bourbon list is the most extensive that we have encountered. Bourbon cocktails were refreshing. Overall, a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bourbon and food!HellibrdrDined on 5/10/2014This is one of our go to restaurants when entertaining out of town guests. Incredible array of Bourbons but I suggest you try some of their Bourbon based cocktails. Simple yet elegant fare. Highly recommend the duck burger. Try some of the Bourbon flights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delicious find.2foodiesVIPDined on 5/3/2014We are from a Chicago suburb and were looking for a restaurant to go to after the Derby. We were surprised to get in anywhere, let alone a wonderful place like this. The steaks were tender and juicy with the best flavor we have ever tasted. The mushroom bread pudding was awesome, and I don't even like mushrooms! Thank you Bourbon Bistro and Open Table!Special Features:
- Derby DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 5/3/2014Great service. Server was sweet and efficient. Bustling dining room. Not happy that the full menu was not being offered (no burger or duck burger) and I was not informed. Filet was mediocre and had poor texture...seemed like the meat was in the freezer.Special Features: