Bourbon Street Cafe
40-12 Bell Blvd.
Bayside, NY 11361Neighborhood:
CajunPrice: $30 and under
Bourbon Street Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bourbonstreetny.com/
- Phone: (718) 224-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm,
Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Chef Frank
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Private Dining Room available for 50-100 guests.
- Private Party Facilities: Whether you are in the mood for an evening of relaxed dining, an exciting place to gather and catch up with friends, or a great atmosphere to host your next private party; day or night, Bourbon Street is the place to be. Let our over 10 years of service to the community of Bayside be your new family.
- Private Party Contact: Ellen or Lara 7182242200x
- Special Events: Weeknight Specials:
Happy Hour from 4pm-7pm Monday-Friday
Prix Fixe Sunday -Friday from 4pm-11pm $23.95
Monday Steak & Ale $23.95 and Half Price Bottles of Wine
Tuesday New Orleans Clambake $23.95
Wednesday All You Can Eat BBQ $23.95
Saturday and Sunday Brunch.
A word from Bourbon Street Cafe
Got a craving for Cajun fare in true New Orleans fashion, then come on down to Bourbon Street in Bayside Queens and satisfy those cravings. Feast on Chef Joe's mouthwatering Chicken & Shrimp Jambalaya, Seafood Gumbo or Spicy Cajun Sampler all while sipping on one of our many specialty cocktails and it will feel like you are sitting on the streets of the French Quarter itself.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbon Street Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
18 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (9)vibrant bar scene (7)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)great for brunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- It was ok.johnsonDined on 10/31/2014There was a kid's Halloween party going on when I went for dinner with a friend. The food was pretty good. I wasn't impressed with my dessert but there was a lot of food. I would probably go back to try their brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOWAandMVIPDined on 10/30/2014Everything about this restaurant was terrific. The decor makes you feel like you're in New Orleans, the hostess greeted us warmly, the server (Klaudia) was friendly and efficient and the food was delicious. Portions are large - be prepared to take home some yummy leftovers. The 4-course prix fixe during the week offered lots of choices at a reasonable price. We can't wait to return for another great meal.Special Features:
- Lex1VIPDined on 10/20/2014We all enjoyed our meal and our waitress was very good.Special Features:
- Lex1VIPDined on 9/20/2014The waiter Craig was very attentive and the food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent seafood saladFoodieVIPDined on 9/14/2014I usually order that because it is full of huge shrimps and scallops that are very fresh and well prepared. Nice weekend brunch provides cut up fruit and delucious muffins plus coffee and a mimosa or Bloody MarySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/10/2014Great place for a Sunday fun day.I would recommend it for parties and anyone looking to enjoy themselves in an energetic atmosphere.Special Features:
- The following 106 reviews are from the Bourbon Street Cafe reviews archive.
- Great Deal for Set DinnerSip1VIPDined on 7/20/2014Service and Food are great! Under $25 for a 4-course meal, super good deal!!!Special Features:
- Lex1VIPDined on 7/13/2014The food was very good and the portions were very large.Special Features:
- Lex1VIPDined on 6/29/2014A great place to fall into. The hamburger was yummy.Special Features:
- Fun and fabulousIrisheyesDined on 5/30/2014Getting together with friends and looking for a top knotch place, then Bourbon Street fits the bill. A fun and playful atmosphere, friendly and efficent service, and wonderful food choices. The red wine sangria was delicious and there are great options for everyone. Not in the mood for meat or just a vegetarian, well fresh vegetables with pasta or delectable fish options are available. Will definitely be recommending it to friends and hope to return soon. We had a restaurant.com gift cerfificate and got a wide array of food and sangria for a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge PortionsFoodiefriendsDined on 5/18/2014The food was not only delicious, but the portions were large enough to last me for 2 additional meals!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedShugroovycatDined on 5/11/2014The Hostess' general attitude should have tipped us off that we too might find the place annoying. Granted, we were about 8 minutes late for our reservation on Mother's Day, & were prepared to wait. From the bar, we could see a 4-top table all set, where they sat us 20 min. Later. Our waitress was very nice & competent, but at the next table of 6, w/appetizers came out wrong or cold. After 45 min 4 entrées, they asked for the check. The very (appropriately) apologetic waiter asked if they were mad at him. They graciously said no. My sesame tuna appetizer was bland & cold. My daughter's pizza gross, but mac n cheese/pulled.pork spring rolls were a tasty novelty. Entrées (mediocre @ best) came out so late, we took them to go. AVOID.
- BrunchMamafink16Dined on 5/11/2014Great place for brunch. Very accommodating for people with medical problems when there is no substitutions. The hostess and staff are very friendly and accommodating to the needs of peopleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MICHAELVIPDined on 5/5/2014FOOD IS ALWAYS DECENT ALONG WITH THE SERVICE... JUST A FUN PLACE TO GO TO,,
- Price fixed dinnerFoodieVIPDined on 5/5/2014Very good buy - includes appetizer and salad, entree and dessert. Smaller portions of entree and desssert, but still plenty to eat. Vegetables were a bit over cooked and mushy. Excellent server, named Mario.
- Consistently good foodFoodieVIPDined on 4/26/2014Always enjoy this restaurant. tried new things from the special menu - short ribs and redfish - both very good.
- So much food!PrincyDined on 4/25/2014So, I knew it was going to be noisy, but I wanted to try it. PARKING IS LITERALLY THE WORST THING EVER. But, the actually place was nice...was very busy. Wishes we got seated as far away from the tv and noise, but we did wait a while for a server. She apologized and was very courteous to us. The food was good, though my friend and I talked for most of the evening so we didn't eat much--- but it was a nice spot. Nice find...but definitely would come early in the day when it doesn't turn into a sports bar.Special Features:
- really good foodtkfoodieDined on 4/13/2014The food here is fantastic. Especially if you can come Sun-Thursday for their pre fixe dinner, you get an amazing amount of food that is very high quality. Definitely going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group of 12Bobalu758Dined on 4/12/2014We had a get together and there was a group of 12 of us. Bourbon Street Cafe was very accommodating and seated us quickly. The service was outstanding as some of the group were not familiar with many of the menu items,so they were guided along by our server. The last thing you need is a spicy Cajun dish when you are not expecting it! Everything went well without a hitch and we were not rushed at all as this was a sort of reunion and probably had more talking than eating! I would recommend Bourbon Street Cafe. Nice atmosphere, bar and excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a trykatkev23VIPDined on 4/11/2014We wanted to try dinner here after attending a birthday party here. We were not disappointed the food was very good and plentiful. After our appetizers, we couldn't eat anymore so we ordered a dish to go. The Cowboy shrimps and cheesy grits were excellent and more than enough to be a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Brunch!GabbyVIPDined on 3/15/2014The food and service was great. We were not rushed and enjoyed a leisurely meal. Can't wait to go back for dinner sometime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go againFineDinerDined on 2/14/2014Food was excellent . Not as expensive as some other reviews ive seen . Menu selection is good and plates are hardy . Meaning you get a lot of food for your buck . Service was good as well . Just a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day DinnerJeaneddieDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I went there for Valentines Day. We were seated promptly upon our arrival and our waitress was there immediately to take our drink order. We ordered the crab cakes and they were hot and delicious. Our entree was very good and large enough for us to split. We will go back for sure. We also love the Sunday brunch.Special Features:
- I liked so much and my wifeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014I liked so much and my wife was so happy, we had a nice valentine's dinner. Thanks.. We wanna go aging very soon,, ;-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatffmmVIPDined on 2/8/2014Food was great, but expensive. Go hungry because you get a lot of food. Craig our waiter was very informative & knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Everything we wanted!psilver9Dined on 1/25/2014We went there last Saturday with another couple for dinner and everything was great. The food was delicious and the service was attentive, knowledgeable and friendly. Our only issue was that there was a party going on in a cordoned off area near us and the children probably should have been left home (a little too noisy). But that does tell you it's a good place for kids. We all look forward to coming again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed...againBaysiderDined on 12/22/2013Although I made a reservation the day before and the restaurant was not crowed for brunch, we were seated at a table adjacent to the kitchen. The wait staff was almost attentive; I wish our waiter attempted a smile now and then, and gave us the impression he was not an indentured servant. The food was fair - nothing to recommend another visit.
- Great for GroupsGreatDineWineDined on 11/8/2013Great for groups that are looking to talk, chat freely and loudly. Food was excellent. We ordered all of the appetizers and a few entree's. Love the atmosphere. DJ came on after 11. We left shortly after that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better luck next time.EstelleVIPDined on 10/27/2013This is a staple in our neighborhood and I will go back but they need to upgrade some things. The waiter we had seemed very unhappy to be working. The muffin basket they serve for brunch was ice cold, usually should be warm ,and giving quarter pieces of cold bagels is not good. Leave out the bagels give more Warm muffins. One of the breakfast items was a breakfast burrito/trace filled with eggs which I wanted. well they had no tortillas. If you are serving this for a brunch you should not run out at 11:00 in the morning. Send someone out to the store. Our server never asked us if we wanted coffee, we had to ask him when he gave us our check. And the small piece of cake they give you with your coffee was stale. Maybe next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunch dealbrunchhhhhhgoerDined on 10/13/2013Their sunday brunch has a pretty good selection!! First you are served with fruit cups... fresh fruit in glassware! they have mini muffins assorted bagels... food was good. ? Had a mimosa & screwdriver, But why i was missing my unlimited coffee? I don't know. I was too full anyways. Definitely worth a visit!Special Features:
- Disappointed againDisappointedDined on 10/4/2013Food here is from terrible to mediocre. The menu is good but they need a chef that can taste the food he/she is cooking. My shrimp with a side of cheddar grits was drowned in sauce that tasted too acidic to swallow. All other times I've eaten here, the food was just okay. Nothing impressive at all. The decor fools you.
- I would recommend this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/2/2013I would recommend this restaurant for people who like or want to try Cajun food. It is a bit heavy or the pepper but otherwise greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab seafood cobb!FoodieVIPDined on 9/29/2013Very noisy day at the bar - two football games on tv and tons of rowdy fans. We asked for a quiet table and sat in one of the back dining rooms so the noise level was ok. Ordered seafood cobb salad which had huge and deliciously prepared scallops and shrimps. Requested dressing on the side, which was good because it is very spicy. Delicious salad and well worth the price. Also ordered catfish poorbo' which was a good fried catfish sandwich. Wonderful attentive waitress.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cajun you ain't kiddingCathyHillVIPDined on 9/25/2013Ordered the fried chicken which was "hot" on its own then dipped it in the dipping sauce.....OMG! Food was good, BBQ platter and chicken platter were each enough for two people. Drinks are good. Our waitress was excellent and didn't rush the gab fest I was having with my BFF. Banana split is definitely enough for two or three if you're hitting critical mass. Reasonable prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Wasnt readyLovemybeadsDined on 9/22/2013I know this is a New Orleans, Cajun themed restaurant but the food was too spicy. Good thing I indulged in the bread basket along with my crab cake appetizer because I was unable to eat my entree. I had the jambalaya, I expected some spice but I didn't expect spice, whole spice and nothing but the spice. I wasn't ready for it. Oh and if you do not eat pork do not bother; even the SEAFOOD pasta has ham and bacon in it. But I love my beads though!Special Features:
- Foods and service are alwaysSip1VIPDined on 9/18/2013Foods and service are always good! Love this place more and more!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceKeesDined on 9/15/2013Go for Sunday Brunch with family and friends. Enjoy the "Big Easy", `Watch the games on TV's throughout. Service is excellent and wait staff very attentive, food enjoyable as the "BE" comes with just about everything, from coffee/tea, eggs benedict, steak, home fries, sausage (not the skinny ones) fruit cup, bacon and a drink. The atmosphere is great. Always have a good time when visiting Bourbon Street Cafe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try!sakuraDined on 9/10/2013The food choices were unique and taste great. The service was quick and friendly; they created an easy atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/31/2013Great spot for anyone looking for something different besides the typical steaks, burgers, and seafood. So happy I found this place! Just be prepared for a bit of a walk from the car to the restaurant - parking is a nightmare, and the side streets are narrow, yet busy.Special Features:
- Gargantuan portionsalexDined on 7/26/2013Appetizer portions were huge, fine for an entre, but very good. Lobster bisque was pretty good with chunks of lobster in it and sweet & spicy calamari were scrumptious. Almond crusted coconut catfish was flaky, but didn't seem to work that well with the molasses sauce. According to my dinner companion, the Bourbon Style baby back ribs were very tasty. Veggies and salad both very fresh and crisp. The wait staff was very attentive and friendly, refilled my diet coke three times with no extra charge!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.