Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
346 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bourbonny.com/
- Phone: (212) 245-2030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11am to 5pm
Dinner Daily 5pm to Midnight
Late Night Menu Daily Midnight to 2am
*Brunch available starting at 11am on Saturday & Sunday*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Kavon Langley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bourbon Street Bar & Grille can offer it's full selection of menu items to be catered off site; including large party platters or buffet style set up. Please direct any inquires to the above listed contact information to design a personal package to suite your events needs!
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party capabilities are second to none. Large space accommodating for groups up to 350+. Private lounge, balcony & outdoor patio settings available. We offer several options in regards to party packaging on both food & beverage, flexible pricing & state of the art audio/visual capabilities. Please contact us regarding any inquiries you may have for your next event, fundraiser or company party!
- Private Party Contact: Kate Moscatelli 212-245-2030
- Entertainment: Live Video DJ's every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: For information on upcoming promotions or special events, please contact our offices at 212.245.2030
- Cross Street: Between 8th & 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway
1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, & 7 Trains
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking available at certain times. There are also many parking lots local to the neighborhood that offer services round the clock.
A word from Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
Bourbon Street Bar & Grille is inspired by everything that makes the Crescent City & Southern Louisiana great. It is our hope that the unique culture of New Orleans is transplanted right here to our home on Restaurant Row in the middle of NYC. Let the Good Times Roll!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbon Street Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)vibrant bar scene (19)fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)great for outdoor dining (11)great for lunch (11)hot spot (10)late-night find (9)special occasion (8)romantic (7)scenic view (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Best food in nycOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/16/2014Having lived in New Orleans for 6 years this is by far the best New Orleans styled restaurant not located in new orleans. The blackened catfish was amazing. Truly enjoyed this restaurant, cannot wait to returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and Beautiful Atmosphere!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great place for pre-dinner to meet up with friends for cocktails and tidbits. They decorated for the holidays like I've never seen before....combined with the Louisiana Feel. While waiting for our table to be ready, bartender was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip itRcf19Dined on 11/8/2014Crawfish etoufee & key lime pie not good at a cajun restaurant. Skip it.
- Cool place for partiesIEatNYCDined on 11/2/2014Vibrant scene, loved the ambiance and the food amazing. Had the ribs that were fall off the bone delicious and the wings were extremely tasty. The calamari was crispy and perfect! The location being just outside the hustle and bustle of Times Square was perfect. I would definitely come back again.Special Features:
- Just OKbligDined on 10/24/2014Have been looking for a really good cajun restaurant in nyc for a very long time and thought Bourbon Street might be the answer. Although it wasn't bad, it wasn't great either. My jamblaya was served in a way I've never had it before - the andouille sausage was sliced and the chicken shredded into the rice. My only thought is that it was done this way to avoid serving an entire sausage and an entire chicken breast. Frankly I'd rather pay a little more than be served basically a plate of rice with a little meat mixed in. However, the spice level was good and the sauce served on the side was good too. Don't know whether I'd go back.Special Features:
- October dinerDinnerDined on 10/18/2014Good entrees. Gumbo needed a better roux. Good hush puppies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!DianeDined on 10/18/2014This was my first time at Bourbon Street. The food and service were excellent. We will definitely be going back there!!Special Features:
- So Loud I couldn't hear myself eatsoccerdoodmanVIPDined on 10/17/2014Food was fair to good. Happy hour drinks seemed a bit watered down (two house cocktails and no buzz at all). Music was so loud that we could not talk to each other very well. Also disappointing was our table seating....upstairs on a busy walkway right next to the busser's station...for a reservation. Walk ins seemed to get better seats than we did.
- OK for bar foodjaniceogVIPDined on 10/9/2014It was fun watching the bar crowd. The food was only OK. Service was rushed--the entrée came before we were finished with starters. Nothing special here, but it was fine.Special Features:
- incredible food and a perfect find!foodie333Dined on 10/4/2014Absolutely satisfied food/service was amazing I. Will definitely visit this establishment againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It aint New OrleansPelocoDined on 10/4/2014warm beer, bachlorette parties. Lots of tv's. Good if you want to go to the bar or have a group. Not a food destinationSpecial Features:
- Great Food Big PortionsoutoftwonDined on 10/3/2014Place was clean, service was good, and the food portions were huge. I would recommend this place 100%Special Features:
- mixed bagbirthdaygirlDined on 9/26/2014Extremely loud and very slow service. But when the waiter was there she was very sweet. The hh hurricanes were awesome for five dollars and I liked the decor though we didn't bother looking around because it was so crowded. I might try again but not on a Fri night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!Lizibeth23Dined on 9/23/2014Booked this in advance prior to a Broadway show - what a find!!!! This Bar and Grill is along 'Restaurant Row' but is THE BEST on the row, in my opinion. The bar was lively, cocktails superb and bar service was great. Food was delish, service was slick but not pushy and great value - went back there for a 2nd hit during a 6 day visit. Location is brilliant as just off the busy Times Square / Broadway scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eatery for groupsPTFoodieDined on 9/20/2014The food was very good in keeping with the New Orleans style. Our service was also good with our waitress making suggestions that were spot on. But there were only 2 of us in our group and we were seated at a table that barely had any room for both our food and for our personal space. On Saturday night they did not have a full house and seating at the booth would have been more comfortable. There were several open at the time we went (6 p.m.). The restaurant clearly caters to groups but not for couples.Special Features:
- NYCNativeVIPDined on 9/13/2014Everything here was perfect, well almost and that's why I gave it 3 stars. Music level is so high it's impossible to hear each other. We couldn't even hear our wonderful, excellent waitress (Sarah) speak. It was the most uncomfortable dinner. Everyone around us felt t/same way. We tried to make the best of it but it was just horrible. Loved the videos, but why does t/music have to be that loud. It's ashame that such a nice gem could be ruined by t/loudness of the music. If I were out dancing, it would have been perfect, not a place to hold a conversation. If all you want to do is eat and look at your company w/o speaking, then this is the place for you. Sadly I would never go here again. Turn down the music and I would go back.
- Great for before theater lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Close to theaters on 46th street Restaurant Row. Food was good; upstairs patio was very nice and quiet enough to hold a conversation. Service was very good.Special Features:
- OKErikDined on 9/7/2014We went here for some cajun food but I must say the food was nothing more than ok.
- Fun for drinks onlyEric999Dined on 9/5/2014It was a fun place with good atmosphere, but the gumbo and jambalaya were not very good, and the chili was served almost cold. I'd come again for drinks only, as the bar was huge and lively, with a fun crowd.Special Features:
- Great foodLuv2dineDined on 8/30/2014Overall my first experience was great, love the atmosphere, food was delicious. Overall very satisfy I would recommend the restaurant to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upstate coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014Great service... Initally we were sat inside. Requested to sit at the outdoor bar patio. Within 5 minutes the staff made the switch. Appreciated the change, eventhough the restaurant was busy. Food was good. Setting and interior great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre brunchcmuellerxDined on 8/3/2014Have been here before, was good again, will return. Brunch offers some good drink specials, pitcher of Mimosa refreshing and the Bloody Mary was just spicy enough. Sat in bar area which turned out good, was quiet. I had my usual Eggs and jambalaya, was huge and tasty, couldnt finish it. Hubby enjoyed hamburger and french toast pretty good. (didn't get fresh fruit with it but not required so didn't question.) Our food was out so quickly but we remained drinking Mimosa's after for a time so ok.Special Features:
- Nice decor, not much elseDisappointedInManhattanDined on 8/2/2014Had hoped this would be a nice slice of New Orleans cooking after a matinee show on a Saturday. The food was disappointing. They had a tough time dealing with a minor special request on one dish and prepared it all wrong in the end. One dish was described as "blackened" but there was no skill to the preparation of the food, there was just a ton of pepper sprinkled on the sauce. Shrimp were very tiny and clearly prepared from frozen. Our dishes were dried out from sitting too long before being served. They tried to serve entrees while we were in the middle of the appetizers. Our plates were left in the warmer. We skipped desert and left asap. If you want "TGI Fridays" type food Bourbon St. is fine otherwise I suggest you avoid this place.
- Un peu bruyant, mais super ambianceSwissMenDined on 7/31/2014Avec des enfants, le contexte est un peu bruyant, mais l'ambiance est super, le personnel est très sympa (Merci Tiffany), et la nourriture... - no comment. Nous avons pris un plat de Loaded Nachos pour l'apéritif (déjà copieux), puis des bourbon burger. Ce fut un régal. Encore merci pour la soirée.Special Features:
- Love CajunGrissyDined on 7/29/2014Cajun food is my favorite food of all. Having lived and traveled the south I have had some of the best. In NYC I have found a couple that are OK, but Bourbon Street is the best Cajun in NYC and compares to some of the best I have had in New Orleans, Alabama, Texas and other parts of the south.Special Features:
- The following 934 reviews are from the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill reviews archive.
- Great After the Show RestauarantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went to this restaurant right after we saw "Bullets over Broadway." In the notorious "Restaurant Row," it was walking distance from our theater, which was great. We got our table right away, which was on the second floor, looking over the bar--very cool. The waitress was prompt, nice, and very personable--she asked us about the show. It was very easy to pick something from the menu (if you like Southern/Cajun-style food) and the prices are great (there is a fixed price menu which worked for my husband and I since we shared the dessert). I had the catfish which was spicy but delicious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant for the food and great ambience!Special Features:
- Not Bad (But I've Had Better)LilimichDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I came here after a matinee play, and it was good, but I was hoping it would be better. We both ordered a flat bread appetizers, and they were good, but probably not in keeping with the food style of the restaurant. For dinner, he ordered a Blackened Shrimp Po' Boy and I had the Cajun Jambalaya. His was pretty good, and the dirty rice part of my entree was OK, but, it was nearly impossible to find the chicken or sausage that were in it -- it was almost all rice. We may both be spoiled as we're used to the food at another cajun-style restaurant in Central NJ that's one of our favorites. The decor and atmosphere were enjoyable, it was quite clean, and the wait staff was very friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice outdoor patioHappycoupleVIPDined on 7/17/2014We had dinner and drinks here on a Friday night at approximately 7:30pm for a group of 4 people. The food, a good mix of Southern Cajun-styled dishes, was generally very good. The drinks were also well done. The service could have been better, mostly because it took us such a long time to get any drinks. I think the bartender was new so that takes a while. The outdoor patio space on the second floor was a great open air area to enjoy the summer air. Definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful restaurantProtegee1Dined on 7/12/2014My husband and I searched one night for a cajun restaurant and stumbled across this gem. Having been to New Orleans recently, we were looking forward to sample the specialy cuisine again. We were not disappointed. The drinks were authentic, the gumbo delicious and our ribs were fantastic. It was like stepping back in time to NOLA with the decor and ambience. We will definitely be back! Great find. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great food!KilroyDined on 7/6/2014The food was fantastic and the price was very reasonable. The server was not very attentive hence the less than five star rating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the food; too noisy pre-showJimettrixDined on 7/3/2014This is our third time at Bourbon Street and while we love the food, which is why we've come back, for some reason this time, the noise level was off the charts. Last time was in March and it wasn't as busy, I suppose. But this being the summer... we were upstairs at a table for two and literally had to shout the whole time. We were there during happy hour and the bar was hopping, which is great if you like that kind of thing... but it's not for us. I suppose next time we'll try lunch or at a time when there isn't likely to be as much noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans atmospherBobKDined on 6/28/2014The atmosphere in the Bourbon Street Bar & Grill matches it's name perfectly. Great food - just a bit noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Bourbon St. B & GTheBigHausDined on 6/24/2014I was looking for a late night establishment that would serve me after an entertaining night a the theater. Wow, what a great find. The staff was super friendly and the food delicious. I had the pasta primavera and salad. Also, I loved the hurricanes too. Nice job!Special Features:
- Good for Girls Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2014I invited my girls at office Friday night to this restaurant, which is one of my favorite places. I booked the table about a few weeks ago and they brought us to the outside patio! It was such a perfect weather for outdoor Happy Hour. We ordered a few appetizers (fried pickles was good!) and entrees to share (5 of us). Waitress was friendly and the food came out in timely manner. Jambalaya was my favorite. Girls were all happy to dine here. Absolutely next visit soon....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful place to meet and eat!DivaofDiningDined on 6/18/2014It was our fourth time as a group going and we all had a wonderful time. Our food was great - we were stuffed on the appetizers! As we went for lunch, took the entrees home and had a great dinner to boot!! We all have VERY different tastes and likes, but everyone could find something that was too good to pass up. Happy Hour drinks were just right - not too heavy and not too light. Have recommended Bourbon Street Grill to other friends and family and they sing the praises.Special Features:
- Happy Hour and CatfishBourbonStarightUp63Dined on 6/17/2014This was my second visit to Bourbon Street Bar & Grill with my colleagues after work and we were not disappointed. Great table, good food (especially those fried pickles), catfish was great as was the biscuits and gravy. Pecan pie alamode - mmmmmmm. We all shared and tasted each others food. Waiter was very nice as was the receptionist and person who seated us. Prices are reasonable here for this area. Happy Hour Drinks are great to wind down after a day at work. Hope to return very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for after work drinksBruzerDined on 6/17/2014Went to Bourbon St with a group of 6 before a show. One complaint, I arrived early and sat at the bar, it was Happy Hour but wasn't specifically told what drinks were 1/2 price; disappointed I had to pay full price for the two drinks I had. When my friends arrived, we were seated promptly and the wait staff was super great about bringing us our drinks and food quick. Didn't need to wait long for the check either. I would definitely recommend Bourbon Street to my friends as a great place for lunch and after work drinks/dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/14/2014I have been here a few times and I'm never disappointed. Love the hurrricanes!Special Features:
- Returning foodieFoodieDined on 6/12/2014Mouthwatering food, attentive staff, great atmosphere and overall experience keep bringing me back to the Bourbon Street Bar and Grill. Celebrating a friend's recent nuptials and enjoying the World Cup. I could not have picked a better place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Louisiana GirlsLouisianaGirlDined on 6/12/2014My friend and I were tourists from Louisiana looking for good food to start off our night in the big apple. The food had authentic Louisiana flavors. The gumbo could've come straight from my grandmother's kitchen!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.