Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
346 West 46th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
Creole / Cajun / SouthernPrice: $30 and under
Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bourbonny.com/
- Phone: (212) 245-2030
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Daily 11am to 5pm
Dinner Daily 5pm to Midnight
Late Night Menu Daily Midnight to 2am
*Brunch available starting at 11am on Saturday & Sunday*
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Creole / Cajun / Southern, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Kavon Langley
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Bourbon Street Bar & Grille can offer it's full selection of menu items to be catered off site; including large party platters or buffet style set up. Please direct any inquires to the above listed contact information to design a personal package to suite your events needs!
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party capabilities are second to none. Large space accommodating for groups up to 350+. Private lounge, balcony & outdoor patio settings available. We offer several options in regards to party packaging on both food & beverage, flexible pricing & state of the art audio/visual capabilities. Please contact us regarding any inquiries you may have for your next event, fundraiser or company party!
- Private Party Contact: Kate Moscatelli 212-245-2030
- Entertainment: Live Video DJ's every Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings!
- Special Events: For information on upcoming promotions or special events, please contact our offices at 212.245.2030
- Cross Street: Between 8th & 9th Avenues
- Public Transit: 42nd Street Times Square Subway
1, 2, 3, A, C, E, N, Q, & 7 Trains
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Street parking available at certain times. There are also many parking lots local to the neighborhood that offer services round the clock.
A word from Bourbon Street Bar & Grill
Bourbon Street Bar & Grille is inspired by everything that makes the Crescent City & Southern Louisiana great. It is our hope that the unique culture of New Orleans is transplanted right here to our home on Restaurant Row in the middle of NYC. Let the Good Times Roll!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbon Street Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
49 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (18)neighborhood gem (12)fit for foodies (11)great for outdoor dining (11)hot spot (10)great for lunch (9)special occasion (8)late-night find (8)romantic (7)kid-friendly (5)great for brunch (4)scenic view (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Delicious!YvieBDined on 6/8/2014The food at Bourbon Street Bar & Grill was delicious! And so was the Red Velvet Cake martini (the flavor was spot on!). I would highly recommend the ribs and the cheese grits are to die for! I took my mom for her birthday after seeing a Broadway show and we were seated right away on a sunny Sunday afternoon. The upstairs terrace seating was a great option and gave decent views of the city and the street. The service could have been a little better but overall was a great experience.Special Features:
- Toni1997Dined on 6/6/2014I would recommend this place to friends who like going to the bar. Other than that, no. This is not for casual dining or for a romantic date or dinner with family. The place is very loud, so how could you have a good conversation if you can't hear each other. The food is just mediocre, nothing special at all. The ambience do fit for the New Orlean's theme and our server was nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday celebration bust!LuvNYCDined on 5/30/2014I made reservations 4 my sister's bday celebration.Unfortunately,we did arrived 10 mins late due 2 no parkin & no convenient parkin garage closed by.However,I was dropped off 2 check in while my remainin party was tryin 2 park.The front hostess had me wait by the bar until my party arrived.As I stood there,I noticed an empty table w/ the RESERVED sign.5 mins later a group of 6 was seated.5 mins later my party arrived, she said sorry your table was lost becuz we were late.I asked her which table?She said, that table!I was super annoyed!Waited an addition 30 mins just to be seated in the front door entry way.The food wasn't all that, however our waitress Brittany was awesome.I only rated a 3 because of her,besides that I would not recommend!Special Features:
- Tipico pubGigiDined on 5/27/2014Nonostante non si chiami pub e' un tipico locale per bere ma anche per mangiare. Cibo di buona qualità, servizio buono prezzi adeguati a New York quindi non popolari.Special Features:
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We had reservations for 530pm on Wednesday May 21. We were seated right away but we were seated in a corner and you couldnt see anything and there was no air movement resulting in a hot table. We ordered and than waited an hour or more for our food. The noise level was horribly loud and when our food finally came it was cold and it was not what we ordered. The waitress came back and attempted to fix our order and got it wrong again. This was the last time we saw our waitress. I was looking forward to eating here and it was not good.Special Features:
- Nice Little PlaceEgilDined on 5/17/2014Tasty food in a New Orleans bar atmosphere. It's modest but good at what it does. Only complaint: disconnect between waitress and bus boy (we understood) meant it was tougher than it should have been to get water before meal and coffee after. But don't come here for the water or the coffee anyway.Special Features:
- Beautiful atmosphereRas24Dined on 5/11/2014Went here for Mother's Day. The food was great as well as the drinks. The gumbo is a must trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014Booked for brunch on Mother's Day. Limited menu-my wife could not find anything she liked. Food average. Service slow. Took a while to get initially served and coffee refills. Waitress didn't come around for 15 minutes at a time even though restaurant was near empty. This restaurant is really a bar and that is what they should push.
- wonderful experienceeateateatDined on 5/10/2014My husband and I really enjoyed our food, the service, and the atmosphere here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stop Here on the way to the TheaterOrangeFanDined on 5/10/2014The Hostess was very friendly and our table was ready - ahead of time! The wait staff seated us quickly, and our refreshments and dinner were served promptly, but not rushed. Our waitress snapped a few photos upon request, made us feel quite welcome, and accommodated a few personal requests without fuss. We really enjoyed the outdoor seating, on a comfortable evening prior to attending a show. Dinner for two and a bottle of house champagne set me back far less than I had anticipated. Thanks, Bourbon Street! We will definitely return, and soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Po BoyBleeDined on 5/9/2014I was told they didn't serve unsweetened iced tea but there it was on the menu. We ordered Cajun Flatbread and Shrimp Po Boys. The flatbread had a good taste but it was lukewarm and the flatbread for half was soggy. When the sandwiches came the bread was stale, there was virtually no mayonnaise on it and the bread to shrimp/filling ratio was far too skewed to bread. It was difficult to swallow. The fries were old. The best thing we had was the brownie dessert which could have been improved if it was served warm. Also, they are a little low on women's bathrooms but that's really no different than anywhere else. I would skip this place if I were you.
- My Secret SpotGoodTimes4everDined on 5/9/2014I enjoy Bourbon St so much I tried to keep a secret from my friends lol I only take one random friend at a time and pretend I stumbled upon it lol I love it thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereCasahoolyDined on 5/7/2014The restaurant had a nice setup, upstairs, downstairs, outside dining, big bar. Nice happy hour. The menu was limited and the crawfish étufe was just okay. Bar Would be nice for a group get togetherSpecial Features:
- New Orleans in New YorkTheFoodDivaDined on 5/1/2014The food was great we ordered a mix of everything. The Appetizer Combos, Buffalo (favorite), Honey and BBQ Jumbo wings, BBQ Calamari, Shrimp Po Boy, Our favorite drinks were the Hurricane and the Specialty Cocktail. Then just when we thought we couldn't have anymore fun the DJ started playing music and I had to get up and dance. It reminded us of the last time we were all in New Orleans. Well done folks!Special Features:
- Great food!Baker85Dined on 4/25/2014I went there for dinner with a few friends and we had a great time! The food was excellent and the wait staff was great. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great cocktails, great vibeKristinRDined on 4/24/2014Went during happy hour before going to see a show nearby. I love the decor and the New Orleans vibe - definitely a little noisy, though, so might not be the best for a romantic, private evening. Their cocktails are phenomenal, and during happy hour are INCREDIBLY reasonable. Service was great. The food was good (not amazing), but the portions were very big and the price is great. I would definitely recommend the place again, especially for happy hour.
- SslloowwOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2014We chose this place for a 'quick' but good meal before a play. We arrived at our reservation time, 1.5 hours before the play and were promptly seated. We informed the waitress we were going to see a play. That was the only promptness of the meal, as we had to wait nearly an hour for our food to arrive. Food was 'ok', with some dishes real nice, but others were average to poor. Didn't 't come close to meeting our expectations. Had to rush out to make the start of the play.
- Good food but...MollyZoeDined on 4/12/2014We really enjoyed our brunch but the service was very slow and lacking. We had to ask for coffee several times and the answer was always "a fresh pot is brewing". The food was tasty but some entrees were served lukewarm and a substitution was made on another without a word from the waitress until she was asked. I have never been to a restaurant that served salads and egg dishes without some sort of bread to accompany the dish; in fact a breakfast type bread basket would definitely improve the brunch experience. The outdoor seating area was lovely and overall it was a good experience. I would go back again and hope for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a nice slice of new orleans in nyckhalilDined on 4/11/2014usually not a fan of these types of restaurants but i must say they exceeded my expectationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Now in my pre-theater rotationDisappointedVIPDined on 4/3/2014Given the reviews of other diners, my expectations were low, but Bourbon Street was a very pleasant surprise. It goes without saying that you can get better Cajun food in New Orleans (although other reviewers felt the need to say it over and over). But you can't find a better value on Restaurant Row. For $28, I got a huge Caesar salad, a deliciously spicy plate of blackened catfish with addictively crunchy hush puppies, and a yummy slice of pecan pie, all served with a smile. You won't go wrong at Bourbon Street for a quick tasty dinner before a Broadway show. Warning: we sat upstairs to get away from the Happy Hour bar crowd, but it was extremely noisy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/2/2014Bourbon Street is a good place to meet up with friends before or after a show. Conveniently located near the theatre district, it's a relaced place to get some drinks and casual pick food together. The Louisiana flair makes it a fun and a nice change from the ordinary fare in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been here twice. OnceFoodDined on 3/24/2014I've been here twice. Once for drinks with coworkers and once for dinner. Drinks were great - the hurricane was amazing and when I'd finish, the server would be there immediately and I was never left with an empty drink For dinner, the service was great. I had the jambalaya, and it was waaay too salty. It was probably my fault for not sending it back immediately, but when I took the first bite, I thought I could at least get through the rest, but I could only eat half of it before I realized I couldn't finish. My friend had the beignets, and while they tasted good, it didn't taste like there was any chocolate dulce de leche (tasted like normal dulce de leche).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great any hour spotKyiaDined on 3/21/2014Bourbon was great, the hostess was very friendly and accommodating to my group, and the server was attentive without being aggressive despite us being there when it was time for him to cash out. The dj played a great mix and the crowd was very diverse. We went for happy hour and ended up staying all night...time flies!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was great and theGarrettDined on 3/19/2014The food was great and the New Orleans atmosphere was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For the younger setBarbVIPDined on 3/14/2014The food was good, but if we had't been in the back room, I would not have stayed because it was so loud. More of a young bar crowd than pre theater.
- Great food, even better prices!mrsbthedivaDined on 3/12/2014Came here with a group of 6 other women to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. Two of us arrived on time and we were greeted by three pleasant and friendly hostesses; we were allowed to wait in the Jack Daniel's lounge at the back while they held our table for a bit.. We arrived around 6:30, so we still had until 8pm to enjoy the fantastic happy hour specials. Can you say $5 hurricanes?!? And they were delicious, not watered down and not too strong. We didn't have a full meal, but we ordered a bunch of appetizers to share. The calamari, spinach & artichoke dip, and fried pickles were the highlights of the night for me. The total bill for 6 of us was about $160 (tip included), and we all left there feeling pretty nice! Overall, great night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Orleans in New YorkmoodyfoodyVIPDined on 3/12/2014Bourbon Street is a really cute restaurant, set to look like a typical New Orleans bistro, serving standard New Orleans fare. We ordered the gumbo and jumbalaya, and they were both delicious! The menu also includes items such as shrimp creole, crawfish, and po boys. The location is perfect if you're going to the theatre, and the prices are very reasonable (with an optional prix fixe menu that's a bargain). Also, there are big screen TVs all around for sports enthusiasts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2nd time. Won't be the lastJimettrixDined on 3/8/2014This is our second time at Bourbon Street Bar and Grille and it was even better than it was the first time. We went pre-show and the service was so fast we actually had too much time from the end of our meal until our show... A nice problem to have. The food was fabulous... gumbo, asparagus, calamari with an out of this world sauce, hush puppies... very yummy and we can't wait till July for a return trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice location near BroadwayJimWDined on 2/22/2014Nice location near Broadway shows. Great New Orleans food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Affordable New York DiningfoodietoypeopleDined on 2/18/2014Every year, we head to NYC in February for Toy Fair. We love the energy of the city, but all too often, the restaurants that we hit are over rated, over priced, and we leave unsatisfied. Bourbon Street is quite the opposite! Great food, reasonable prices, excellent atmosphere and great service. The staff is very attentive and friendly. The portions are large -- and they've nailed the bayou cajun flavors perfectly. Their happy hour (actually several hours!) let's you unwind without paying obscene prices for a beer or cocktail. Definitely an excellent overall experience in a fun atmosphere. We'll be back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I chose this place because of the good food it promised I enjoyed my jambalaya meal but my date who is a picky eater ended up eating a shrimp sandwich with fries witch was very good the portions were great the service was excellent the drinks could have been better more fruit juice than liqueur overall a nice night out and nice place just not the place for a valentines night outSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines day revisitedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was the second valentines evening we had spent at the Bourbon Street Grille. The atmosphere is vibrant but warm although it can get fairly loud at times. We ate from the set menu which gave us the opportunity to try something we wouldn't necessarily have ordered and the price was good value for three courses. All the food we have eaten there has been very tasty, the Cajun Jambalaya and the blackened catfish were excellent. Even though the staff were very busy they were friendly and attenttive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Row Highlightbml23Dined on 2/14/2014My girlfriend and I come here often when we're in this part of town, and we've always enjoyed it. It's a great place to meet up with friends, grab dinner before a show, or even have a nice romantic evening (we sat in the atrium for a Valentine's prix-fixe -- they add an extra touch of class to the usual casual dining for special occasions). Don't expect the exact Cajun / Creole grub you'd get in Louisiana (why would you?), but expect quality and flavor. The pot pie could've used more seasoning, but this was a rare anomaly. Their brownie dessert is to die for. The recently simplified menu is a step forward overall, though we do miss some of the old cocktail lineup at happy hour -- hoping the over-featured "Eon" citrus mixer is a passing fad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriends and I haveTeamTastyLibationsDined on 2/14/2014My girlfriends and I have been loyal customers of Bourbons for the past 2 years. We have large group dinners and thoroughly enjoy their happy hour selections. The Mac N Cheese is a group favorite as is the Jambalaya. The Hurricane at Bourbons is far better than some I've had in NOLA. The service is also great, especially Albert, he is our favorite. Definitely our favorite group hang out spot in NYC.Special Features:
- Staple placeSimoneDined on 2/13/2014When I want to eat good, I come here. Right on restaurant row this place stands out. The choice of cusine is great and the ambiance is even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!DeVoraDined on 2/8/2014I celebrated my Mardi Gras themed 32nd bday here on 2/8/2014 and we all had such a GREAT time. I wish I could remember the waiters name but he was an EXCELLENT waiter! I will definitely be visiting this place again!!!! The Jambalaya was so damn good and the hurricanes were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very slow serviceCraigDined on 2/1/2014The food was delicious! However, we waited 10 minutes just to get iced teas, and 45 minutes for the food. The waitress tended to disappear for 20 minutes at a time.Special Features:
- too saltylionkingDined on 1/28/2014we order several appetizers and then meals and found everything thing quite salty from the grits to the burgers to the buttermilk chicken - a lot of food was left on our plates. The chef might've had an off night Our server was fantastic - very attentive and pleasant - it was my daughter's 16th birthday and she surprised us with a piece of cake and candle - so nice!
- Great serviceRoxxDined on 1/26/2014From the time I entered Bourbon restaurant the hostess was very welcoming, the waitress was very attentive and no rush to complete your meal. The ambiance was very good, wasn't very crowdedSpecial Features:
- Bourbon stPattiDined on 1/17/2014Hurricanes can use a bit more booze in them. Place was cute pre show. Looked like a hot spot fir those after work.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.