Bourbon Steak - MGM Grand Detroit
1777 Third Street
Detroit, MI 48226Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Bourbon Steak - MGM Grand Detroit
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://michaelmina.net/restaurants/locations/bsdt.php
- Phone: 3134651644
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Shawn Simpson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Private Dining Room - the ideal location for birthday parties, rehearsal dinners and wedding receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Zac Gallo 3134651734
- Special Events: Contact Zac Gallo for Special Event inquiries at 313.465.1734.
A word from Bourbon Steak - MGM Grand Detroit
Bourbon Steak is a modern American steakhouse, the restaurant offers modern American fare with a focus on all-natural Certified Angus Beef and American Kobe cuts of beef cooked over Mesquite wood. Other specialties include American Kobe Beef Short Ribs with potato puree and red wine jus.Continued
*Bourbon Steak is located within the casino. Must be 21+ to dine at Bourbon Steak or enter casino.
*Bourbon Steak is located within the casino. Must be 21+ to dine at Bourbon Steak or enter casino.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbon Steak - MGM Grand Detroit reviews from OpenTable diners
- Good Service, Good FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012Started with complimentary selection of fries that were very good. Lobster bisque was ok, but nothing special. Kobe lettuce wraps were very good though, loved the thai sauce. I had a KC strip that was a little disappointing, but my wife got the American Kobe Filet and it was fantastic. We've had trouble finding a really great steak outside of Vegas, but the filet at Bourbon Steak was it. Great char on the outside and buttery smooth inside. Would go back just for the Filet.Special Features:
- Intimate setting. Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2012Intimate setting. Food was good service was good, but not worth the money. We weren't wowed by anything.Special Features:
- Our waiter recommended theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012Our waiter recommended the Cap Steak and it was absolutely fabulous. Loved the complimentary fries and the cornbread was amazing too. My daughter and I were celebrating our birthdays and it was a great evening. Food was absolutely delicious and I definitly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Nice place. Good food. UnfortunatelOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/29/2012Nice place. Good food. Unfortunately, they close in a week to make way for a new Wolfgang Puck restaurant.Special Features:
- The gentleman who helped usOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/29/2012The gentleman who helped us pick out a wine was great. Everything else was just ok. Not worth the money.
- Meal ruined by cigarette smokerajuipDined on 9/29/2012My wife and I were looking forward to a nice evening out. We selected MGM Grand's Burbon Steak. In short, while the food was good, and the service was excellent, the meal was RUINED by the reek of cigarette smoke. Since this restaurant is in a casino, the State Laws banning smoking do not apply. Unfortunately, the entire restaurant reeked of cigarette smoke, greatly affecting our enjoyment of the meal. Unfortunately, both of us stunk of smoke for the rest of the evening. Our server was great and the food was delicious. However, the impenetrable cigarette smoke ruined the entire event. We won't be back.
- Detroit's BestMilano54VIPDined on 9/26/2012Wonderful food, from the appetisers right through dessert. Impeccable service.Such a shame that it will be closing soon. Will just have to Washington DC to enjoy Burbon Steak!Special Features:
- Great place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2012Very nice place. Excellent meal one of the best we've ever eaten. Service was very good alsoSpecial Features:
- UnsatisfiedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2012I took my girl here for her birthday last weekend.. My girl and I ordered a filet mignon steak at medium well. It came back to us with the outside being well done. The inside was completely red and bloody though. I hate to have to send my food back but I had to. I couldnt eat it. Neither could she. So that kinda killed it for us. The service was good, they took it back right away. When they bought it back to us. My girls steak was still bloody. She didn't even finish it. the food was horrible. No flavor in the steak. My bill was $130.00. I would have rather went to outback and had a better steak there, where they know how to cook it for a bill of $60.00-70 tops. All your paying for here is the atmosphere.
- As always, top notch dinner serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012If you want great food in a nice, romantic setting-Come to Bourbon Steak! The food is always delicious and they have a great wine list. If you're staying at the hotel though, make sure to finish your food, as there is no room in the en-suite refrigerators (as we found out...poor truffle mac & cheese). The food is seriously delicious though. Perfect for a special occasion or a great date night!Special Features:
- Celebrated our twenty-firstOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2012Celebrated our twenty-first wedding anniversary the experience was excellent.Special Features:
- My Husband and I were disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2012My Husband and I were disappointed. We frequent this restaurant many times through the year. We celebrates our anniversary with them because we thought it would be romantic. They did not do desert for us or anything. It was very disappointing. Capital grill is where we will go from now on.Special Features:
- We were there to celebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2012We were there to celebrate our 7 year wedding anniversary and it was a great night out. Great food and great service!Special Features:
- EXCELLENT steaks and wine.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2012EXCELLENT steaks and wine. In fact, everything was excellent!Special Features:
- Not worth the money :(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2012I feel the restaurant was VERY over priced. In our party of four, two of us ordered the lobster, very dissatisfied with our order of two lobster tails @ 27.00 a piece. They were the smallest tails Ive ever seen, the size of two of my fingers put together,(I am using a womans fingers to compare with) now I know why the Chef recommends ordering two at a time. Thank goodness we had comps on our card to use for this dinner. The wait staff was very good I will say that.Special Features:
- This was our second experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/25/2012This was our second experience at The Bourbon Steak House. Everything was perfect.Special Features:
- The privacy of our surroundingsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/23/2012The privacy of our surroundings was wonderful. I love not having to hear the next tables conversation. The lobsters were a bit small but very delicious and the filet was tasty and tender. The wait staff helpful, friendly and courteous. Our only regret was being to full to enjoy a dessert.Special Features:
- I celebrated my 66th birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2012I celebrated my 66th birthday at the Bourbon Steak. It was a fantastic dinner and I enjoyed every bite of it. Took two ladies with me and they are still talking about their experience today.
- Excellent Special Occasion PickOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2012The food was spectacular! High prices, but definitely worth it for a special occasion. The wait staff was excellent and very attentive to all our needs. You even got special appetizers of seasoned fries and sauce and cornbread. We were so full and happy with our experience.Special Features:
- The waitress was nice butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/11/2012The waitress was nice but way too personal - she touched my plate twice and wanted to know a lot about my kidsSpecial Features:
- The sides were great but myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012The sides were great but my steak was terrible will not be coming back.Special Features:
- We were disappointed in theNYAPDined on 7/27/2012We were disappointed in the steak. While the neat was quite tender, there was truly no taste. We had to request sauces for our rib- eyes Di that we could possibly enjoy the meal. The service was excellent Thank you.
- A Delicious Dining LocationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2012Everything about the evening was great. I enjoyed the beer, the appetizers, and the entrees. The wait staff was attentive and knowledgable and we never felt rushed. The presentation of the food is noteworthy and very appealing. The food was very, very good. The steaks were cooked perfectly and were seasoned perfectly. We will recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- Dinner was very good....ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2012Dinner was very good....Service was absolutely excellent and totally unrushed. Asked for some place quiet and was seated in an individual, private area, which was wonderful. The choice came dowm to Kobe beef or regular cut...do not know if the KOBE beef was worth the additional expense. Food presentation was excellant and drinks were large. In retrospect, proabably the BEST resturant in the facility.Special Features:
- Hosted a business dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2012Hosted a business dinner with local people and guests from Brazil and Taiwan. They all loved the food. The desserts were over the top. Everyone had a great time. Tom,our server was great-there when needed without hovering over us.Special Features:
- Disappointing at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/23/2012This is the second time I've taken clients to Bourbon and it was a huge disappointment. The bar area was relatively quiet, yet we had to wait to be served and when we were the drinks were wrong. As a party of four, we were seated in a tiny "room" segregated from the rest of the dining area by a decorative wall. Instead of feeling "cozy" or "private" we felt trapped and separate. The wine list was large, but the prices were outrageous. Once ordered, the bottle that was brought to the table was of a different vintage than the one that was selected. The waitress was pleasant, but inefficient. This is supposed to be an American steakhouse, yet she couldn't recommend a particular cut of meat.
- We enjoyed our evening. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012We enjoyed our evening. The wait staff was great. The food was too much. Had to get a take out box. Excellant food.
- great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/22/2012The food was remarkable!The complimentary fires and cornbread with maple butter set it off also. Great romantic experience for our anniversary dinnerSpecial Features:
- if you are dressed nice forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2012if you are dressed nice for dinner don't be surprised if the table beside you is not. This restaurant is in a casino therefore they take everyone no matter how they are dressed. Besides that, the food is terrific and staff very friendly. It is kinda noisy by a fun place to be.Special Features:
- Food and Service were good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Food and Service were good. The ribeye that I ordered medium came very, very rare. They recooked it and the outside was done correctly but towards the middle of the steak where it was thicker it was again too rare. I noticed on comments from other people that many have gotten steaks that were not cooked to order.Special Features:
- My wife and I thought we hadOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2012My wife and I thought we had food posioning the next day.Special Features:
- The fish was very small portionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/20/2012The fish was very small portion and the chicken was terribleSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable ExperenceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/19/2012First time dinning at this location, it was an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Special Occasion made greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/18/2012Recently we celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary ay Bourbon Steak. The staff went out of their way to make it a wonderful evening. Our table was in a private setting and absolutely perfect. The food was excellent and the service was impeccable. The staff went out of their way to make our special occassion great!!Special Features:
- Although I enjoy the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/17/2012Although I enjoy the restaurant and always come away with a great experience, the pricing is outrageous! They serve Kobe steak, and they never seem to prepare it to the ordered specifications--they are always quick to remedy such, but it puts a damper on the experience.Special Features:
- I am not sure if I would recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/15/2012I am not sure if I would recommend it yet I have to go again n see how the service is.Special Features:
- The filet wine and the ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012The filet wine and the ambiance all blended together very well!!!Special Features:
- The food is done the way youOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/14/2012The food is done the way you ask and has a flavor that is fit for a king. The atmosphere is very soothing to the ear and has a calming effect considering the energetic table games on the other side of the wall. The choices on the menu are make it difficult to choose a single item. My wife and I have recommended the Bourbon Steak to others.Special Features:
- This was our first dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2012This was our first dinner at Bourbon Steak and the food was outstanding. Our waitress was fantastic. We will definitely return in the future.Special Features:
- worst steak experience I everSauceVIPDined on 7/7/2012worst steak experience I ever had. came out raw when ordered medium, they recooked same steak I cut up already and slopped it back on same plate. Sent back again center was still cool. Several others around us returned there food. Management not trained to deal with isssues well. Ended up telling him to take it away and left, most ofit was fat and not worth 10$ muck less 60$