BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles
The Americana at Brand
237 S. Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelmina.net/
- Phone: (818) 839-4130
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Daily - 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Conrad
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: BOURBON STEAK is available for catering requests. Please contact Justin Yu at 818-839-4130 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entertainment: An eclectic mix created by The Playlist Generation will stream a collection of classic American rock and blues throughout the dining room, while a live pianist will play in the Piano Bar.
- Special Events: BOURBON STEAK can accommodate your party, large or small, and will make your meal unforgettable. Justin Yu can guide you through the planning process for a buyout or private event.
Ideal for birthdays, business meetings, wedding rehearsals and receptions, BOURBON STEAK is the perfect setting for your next event.
- Cross Street: Colorado
- Public Transit: Located near public transit please visit http://www.transitunlimited.org/Americana_at_Brand for the current transit schedule.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enter Americana Way off Central Avenue or Brand Boulevard. Valet Parking is located adjacent to the restaurant in front of Nordstrom and is complimentary for up to 3 Hours with validation.
A word from BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles
Located in Glendale, BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles is Chef Michael Mina’s modern, American steakhouse offering a timeless dining experience. At once classic and contemporary, the restaurant accomplishes all the traditions expected from a steakhouse with a flair of excitement. Whimsical twists are taken throughout the restaurant from the Patisserie serving fresh pastries and LAMILL coffee, the Piano Bar a buzz with newfound libations, and the glamorous dining room boasting tableside services including Japanese whisky service, a shellfish cart and a treat trolley.Continued
Please note the Dress Code for BOURBON STEAK is Business Casual. Guests are requested to refrain from wearing shorts, caps, athletic attire and sandals during Dinner Service.
Please note the Dress Code for BOURBON STEAK is Business Casual. Guests are requested to refrain from wearing shorts, caps, athletic attire and sandals during Dinner Service.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
111 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (70)fit for foodies (52)notable wine list (40)romantic (38)neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (27)vibrant bar scene (19)hot spot (18)great for lunch (12)late-night find (8)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (5)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Overpriced, tough ribeyeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/21/2014I order Ribeye a lot. Medium Rare. I was expecting this to be an amazing steak, given the price. The cut of meat I got seemed similar to something I could pick up at Ralph's, not even Whole Foods. It was hard to cut, and very tough to chew. I told both the waiter and manager, and was instructed that "some ribeyes are tougher than others". Please don't insult my intelligence. Unacceptable. At this price point, the steak should be perfect. If not, I would expect some sort of compensation when it is pointed out as being sub-par. We got nifty little bags of popcorn. Not even a drink comped. Bad move. Maybe it's the new purveyor of meat, but that's not my problem. I won't recommend. Too expensive for poor quality meat and no real care given when complaints come in. Other restaurants in your price point would have probably comped the steak, or at least SOMETHING on the bill.
- probably won't go againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014medium rib eye was rare..............but the service was Very good..........will probably go to taylors or ruth chisSpecial Features:
- Best steak restaurant in the Glendale area.Diablito93Dined on 11/21/2014Bourbon Steak is a true dining experience. Not only do they serve the best steaks and seafood available worldwide, but their wine, whiskey and beer selections are off the charts. The service is friendly and top notch. I think what I enjoy most is that it is a 5 star experience without being snobby. It's a casual, fun and vibrant feel paired with amazing food. Best high end dining in Glendale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocrenicoDined on 11/20/2014Disappointing. The New York steak was nothing special. The tuna tartare was better. The Servers were pleasant but I think it was an off night with missed drinks and forgotten dishes at other tables. Too expensive for what it was
- Food not impressiveKatsuyaDined on 11/15/2014We were very underwhelmed by the Lobster Pot Pie - their signature dish. The lobster was very rubbery. Had a Rib Cap steak and although it was tender, there was plenty of gristle and fat. I still prefer a filet. Complimentary fries were great and the drinks were great as well. Nice wine selection, even by the glass.Special Features:
- Fantastic Environment and ServiceHawkjoeDined on 11/13/2014I have been coming to Bourbon Steak since it first opened. I admit that I am a Michael Mina fan, but Bourbon Steak is a wonderful establishment that serves food right. Their service is impeccable and so far, every dish I've had has been wonderful. I love their signature duck fat fries, and I often seek their delicious choices of meat for my main course. I frequent this place because I enjoy their atmosphere, service, and food. What more could you ask for?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional ServicecckkDined on 11/8/2014Yes the food is incredible and coupled with amazing service - what a great meal! Portions are large/rich, so order accordingly. By the time we got to our steak, I was full. Pace yourself!Special Features:
- Excellent DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/8/2014Meeting up with friends we had a cocktail at the beautiful bar. Good mixologist for our drinks. Our desire for a quiet area led to the perfect seating in the PDR where we enjoyed personal service from Guiseppe who made our night fantastic. The pace of the appetizers and dinner went well and made for a perfect night to have conversation with minimal interruption yet attention to service of our table. Our tip: keep an eye on the specials as these can be so enticing and delicious yet the menu is as good so you can't go wrong either way. For entree go for the Rib Eye cap as its the best cut of meat and medium rare makes it melt in your mouth as you sip on some of the best red wine. The Mitolo 2011 Cabernet is a deal. The price point of all of it is high to some but reasonable when you consider the impeccable quality of the food and amazing service. I'm making this our go to steak place as well as the place we'll go to for a fine dining to indulge.Special Features:
- A Gem in GlendaleBrutForceDined on 11/2/2014Impressive. Our waitress and the rest of the staff provided exemplary service. The menu choices satisfied a variety of tastes without being overwhelmingly vast, and everything—salads, steaks, chicken, fish, desserts—was delicious. Our "birthday boy" had a card signed by the entire staff. Even the pianist performing jazzy versions of pop hits proved particularly adept (we're musicians). Especially noteworthy was lead sommelier Catherine Morel, not only for her tableside service but for her role in curating the wine list. As champagne aficionados, we appreciated a superb "summer sale" Vilmart Cuvée Rubis for what most restaurants would charge for Veuve Cliquot. We'll be back on a Monday, when wine is 1/2 price. Worth coming to Glendale for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedEmeraldileVIPDined on 11/1/2014For the most part, everything was great. We were there for 5:45, so there weren't many people there when we arrived. The hostess(es) were very nice and we were seated immediately. My husband and I ordered identical entrees, but different appetizers and sides. We each ordered the Prime Black Angus Petite Filet for $42. His was 2" thick and beautifully cooked to medium rare. I too ordered the same dish, medium rare, but what I received was 3/4" and only a tiny amount of pink in the center. I get that when two identical dishes come out of the kitchen, the server should give the larger portion to the man, but seriously, the disparity was overwhelming, plus it was dry inside. Anyway, we had a great dessert (butterscotch) and great coffee.
- Amazing Experience!BevVCDined on 10/27/2014From the moment we walked in until we left, we felt our needs were met. Our server, Joey knew the menu and made suggestions. We even tried the bourbon tasting which was presented beautifully while enhancing the flavors of each bourbon. Our steaks were done perfectly, the baked potato and creamed spinach were served hot with plenty to share. The experience was worth the price! Welcome to the Glendale neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/25/2014so, besides the fact that the restaurant charges over $3 for EACH AND EVERY SODA (because apparently they are not making enough money on the $35 per ounce of steak), they just try too hard to create something "unique" when they could just put the effort into making something delicious. Much ado about nothing. Will not return -- SUPER EXPENSIVE!!!Special Features:
- Remarkable menu and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/24/2014Loved the food and engaging servers - kitchen was slow.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014You made my husbands Birthday a very special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highs and LowsTravelerDined on 10/19/2014Appetizers were spot on- entrees warm- took forever to get dinner.Special Features:
- Ambience/Service stellar; cost HIGHBabycakes84VIPDined on 10/19/2014This is a beautiful restaurant -- gorgeous setting, love the decor! Our server, Joey, was outstanding in his attention and knowledge of the product he's serving. The steaks were top notch in quality . BUT there are some flaws: this is a small portion, big price situation. A petite filet should be 8 ounches and THICK. It is NOT. It was a tiny steak: 3-4 bites. For almost $50.00. My husband's wedge salad ( a steak house perennial) didn't have enough dressing and it did not have true blue cheese as it should. My steak was delicious, but I resent paying $6.00 for 3 little pots of sauce that should come as a complimentary item. However, we did very much enjoy the complimentary fries at the beginning of the meal (delicious and innovative). Yum!Special Features:
- Steak Lovers DreamSolo57VIPDined on 10/13/2014An excellent steak house in the heart of Glendale. The food was A+. Loved the London broil for two. YUMMY! All the sides rocked. Even the desert was A+. There are so many choices these days for a steak and Bourbon is in my top 5. Worth a try! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sean PerezOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/9/2014It was my first time going there and it won't be my last. The service was great and the food was amazing. Hopefully I'm spelling this correctly but Guiseppe our server extremely helpful and professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was not impressed for priceWendiLDined on 10/7/2014Booked reservation here thinking that it was going to be a high end steakhouse like a Flemmings or Mastros, based on their steak prices ($50 aprox. for a steak al a carte). Atmosphere was pretty but band was way too loud as we couldn't hear our conversation, and steaks were horrible. No better than, or actually worse, than the Outback steakhouse down the street. We met with a friend who we hadn't seen in many years hoping to have an amazing dinner, and we were all hugely disappointed. The vegetables (at $10 per) were okay but you have to like nutmeg…I think it was nutmeg which threw off the taste of the jalapeño creamed corn. Baked potato was very small for the price. We will not be returning nor recommending.
- too expensive for the valueOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/6/2014for the location and the neighborhood, feel the entries are overpriced and not worth the value. Beverly Hills yes, Glendale no.Special Features:
- A fabulous find!GenannaDined on 10/4/2014We took our daughter there for her 27th birthday, as she had visited the Bourbon Steak in Scottsdale, AZ, and wanted to go to Michael Mina's restaurant again. We absolutely loved it! The food was memorable and perfectly cooked, the wait staff was friendly and prompt, I can't say enough good things about it. Looking forward to going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday 10/2/2014BadnightVIPDined on 10/2/2014All was great except the oysters. The service was excellent. Giuseppe is fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bzrmDined on 9/29/2014Bourbon Steak House is a very nice restaurant for fine dining . Some nights much quieter than others because the trio is not playing. Great for meetings on those nights. Food excellent and service was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre Food and way overpricedcatdadDined on 9/28/2014I was expecting a great B-day dinner with my wife, but was extremely disappointed!!!! The noise from a large party with young screaming kids was the first disappointment and annoyance!!! The food was okay, but it should have been awesome for the prices they are charging. My NY steak was full of fat and gristle!!!!! Unacceptable for a $49 steak!!!!! My wife seemed to enjoy her Sole, but the portion was pretty small!!!! Desert was very tasty, although the desert options were extremely limited, in my opinion. I did like the French fries as a starter, instead of the usual bread or rolls. Also, our server, Joey, was absolutely terrific!!!! They were nice enough to comp. our desert for the disappointing entre.
- So DisappointedRestaurantloverDined on 9/28/2014Celebrated a birthday at Bourbon in August and had delicious food with good service. Noticed there were surprising number of kids for expensive "special occasion" restaurant and noise level was loud but didn't think much of it. Went back to celebrate son's 18th birthday. What a disaster! Felt like a kids' restaurant… There were several toddlers at the table next to us banging silverware incessantly while the adults (at other end of the table) seemed not to notice. There were also several inconsolable infants whose parents didn't take them out. Couldn't hear each other talk with all of the noise. Steaks undercooked, service slow. Left without dessert for the birthday. Even our teenagers were miserable with all the noise- which says a lot.Special Features:
- Utopia found in GlendaleWeepulsDined on 9/27/2014A fantastic eating and drinking establishment that delivers without missing a note and serves to serve again. Provided, thought, your credit card is in good standing!Food preparation is as visually pleasing as its taste. Everyone will be satisfied at this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedMookieVIPDined on 9/27/2014Steaks were tasteless. Noise level made conversation a strain. To the manager's credit, we were offered a table in the back room whichay have been quieter but we chose not to move. It might have been quieter there but I doubt the food would have tasted better! None of the four of us will return.
- Outstanding Steakhouse!Foodeater74Dined on 9/26/2014I went to Bourbon Steak with a group of friends last Friday and our expectations were more than met. The restaurant is known for their duck-fat fries, and oh my, were they worth it! The steaks were outstanding, as were the sides. This place compares well with Mastro's, which sets the bar for me and my friends as far as steakhouses go. In addition, the service blew us away. If you enjoy steak, give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- its all about service and the foodALGDDined on 9/25/2014When you have the above combination customers will keep coming back. Giuseppe took care of us for our first and second visit and Michael Main was equally attentive. Overall they have service that matches their great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AAA+++ ServiceAAArestaurantDined on 9/20/2014The service is the best I have ever experienced! The steak was excellent! I will come again and again.Special Features:
- One of the worst experienceslightincDined on 9/19/2014Actually had my wife cancel reservations at one of our favorite restaurants and made reservations at Bourbon Steak. This was my Birthday dinner with my family. From the moment we got to the restaurant it was not good. From the service - (Having to ask for things like drinks and everything taking way too long ) to the food (Not very good ) all was vey below par. This was a huge disappointment. I will never go back to this restaurant again - and will be sure to let eveyone know about my experience if asked. This was not a very good experience overall.
- ServiceChicagodogVIPDined on 9/14/2014Overcharged me by at least $125 dollars then couldn't get the manager to call me back. I'll have to drive there in person. Steak was bland meat was decent.
- Great AtmosphereNinaDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere, décor and the service was excellent. Disappointed in the food however. Would still choose Maestro's and Ruth Chris' over Bourbon Steak but only with regard to the food. Every other aspect was superior.Special Features:
- RALdinesVIPDined on 9/11/2014This was our first visit. Though we found the food generally good, though clearly very overpriced, the steaks we had were not as tender as we would have liked for $50 a steak! Quite frankly, steaks at Ruth Chris are better and not as expensive. The sides were extremely good. The acousitics, however, are a disaster for a location that has been constructed by Rick Caruso Affiliates. Sound proofing is needed to baffle the noise level. In addition, allowing people in with shorts is not my idea of a fine dining location nor is the ugly stores on the south side of Colorado. The Arroyo Chop House, for example, in Pasadena is a lot more classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST!!!!! EVER !!!!! REALLY !!!!!SongbirdDined on 9/9/2014Celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty!! The staff went ABOVE and BEYOND any restaurant experience we've ever had! Received a hand-written Happy Anniversary card signed by the entire staff, were promptly served complimentary champagne to mark the occasion - we'd been there only 2 minutes! Our waiter Esteve accommodated at every turn, we were visited several times by manager Justin and received personal expertise from the sommelier toward a terrific wine selection. The food was PERFECT - porterhouse and filet mignon, delicious black truffle mac & cheese, Chinese long beans, Caesar and baby iceberg salads, cookies and candies; ambiance included a live jazz combo. Expensive ... and worth every penny!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant and PeopleAnniversaryhotspotDined on 9/4/2014I came here to celebrate my 3rd year wedding anniversary and also to celebrate our 1st pregnancy. As soon as we entered, we were welcomed and congratulated on our occasion. They sat us at a great table and we received an Anniversary card signed by the whole staff. This was awesome!Also, our server was great to the point we knew when his wedding was. I will be back once we have our baby so my wife could try the desserts with alcohol in them :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for sure.Happy71Dined on 9/2/2014I wasn't crazy about the food. They are famous for the stake but the stake we order was over cooked, dry, no flavore and cold. The place is beautiful, cool ambiance, the service is good but I wouldn't see myself going there for dinner to enjoy a steak again.Special Features:
- A bit of a let down!SteakLoverDined on 8/31/2014Although we had excellent service and we loved the decor, I have to say that the quality and flavor of the food was a huge disappointment! I would probably only go back to this place for cocktails. If you are looking to enjoy a great steak dinner properly cooked with good flavor you better stick to Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- Great bourbon Bad ServiceFoodLADined on 8/29/2014Bourbon tasting was great but the service ruined what should have been a great evening. We sat at our table for 10 minutes before the server came, the food took about 20 minutes longer than it should have and then there was a large piece of paper in the food. The food was good but when you are about to pay over $50 a person for entrees, you expect the experience to be great. This just made me want to leave.
- dis a point ingFeeveDined on 8/29/2014great enviro. great service. great menu. every single dish was seriously excellent. EXCEPT... The Steaks! unbelievable! a premium steak house that serves cheap meat. we were shocked. $58 for the Kansas City Wagyu that was tough, chewey, grissley. $49 for NY Strip that was same. not a bad flavor. just cheap meat. no way this is USDA Prime. in fact, it may not have even been Choice! everything else rocked. but the word "steak" is in the name of the place. c'mon, folks! buy better meat. you can't make it on Lobster Pot Pie alone. not if you're a steak place. luckily they comped us one of (the three) steaks, plus a pair of desserts. that gesture may give them half a 2nd chance. we'll see.Special Features: