BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles
The Americana at Brand
237 S. Brand Boulevard
Glendale, CA 91210Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.michaelmina.net/
- Phone: 8188394130x
- Hours of Operation:
Happy Hour Daily - 4:00pm - 6:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joseph Conrad
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: BOURBON STEAK is available for catering requests. Please contact Justin Yu at 818-839-4130 or email email@example.com.
- Entertainment: An eclectic mix created by The Playlist Generation will stream a collection of classic American rock and blues throughout the dining room, while a live pianist will play in the Piano Bar.
- Special Events: BOURBON STEAK can accommodate your party, large or small, and will make your meal unforgettable. Justin Yu can guide you through the planning process for a buyout or private event.
Ideal for birthdays, business meetings, wedding rehearsals and receptions, BOURBON STEAK is the perfect setting for your next event.
- Cross Street: Colorado
- Public Transit: Located near public transit please visit http://www.transitunlimited.org/Americana_at_Brand for the current transit schedule.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Enter Americana Way off Central Avenue or Brand Boulevard. Valet Parking is located adjacent to the restaurant in front of Nordstrom and is complimentary for up to 3 Hours with validation.
A word from BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles
Located in Glendale, BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles is Chef Michael Mina’s modern, American steakhouse offering a timeless dining experience. At once classic and contemporary, the restaurant accomplishes all the traditions expected from a steakhouse with a flair of excitement. Whimsical twists are taken throughout the restaurant from the Patisserie serving fresh pastries and LAMILL coffee, the Piano Bar a buzz with newfound libations, and the glamorous dining room boasting tableside services including Japanese whisky service, a shellfish cart and a treat trolley.Continued
Please note the Dress Code for BOURBON STEAK is Business Casual. Guests are requested to refrain from wearing shorts, caps, athletic attire and sandals during Dinner Service.
Please note the Dress Code for BOURBON STEAK is Business Casual. Guests are requested to refrain from wearing shorts, caps, athletic attire and sandals during Dinner Service.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in Glendale ›
BOURBON STEAK Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (132)fit for foodies (94)notable wine list (76)romantic (67)neighborhood gem (57)vibrant bar scene (40)good for groups (40)great for lunch (34)hot spot (32)great for brunch (25)great for outdoor dining (15)kid-friendly (13)late-night find (7)scenic view (3)Show More
- ServiceChicagodogVIPDined on 9/14/2014Overcharged me by at least $125 dollars then couldn't get the manager to call me back. I'll have to drive there in person. Steak was bland meat was decent.
- Great AtmosphereNinaDined on 9/12/2014Enjoyed the atmosphere, décor and the service was excellent. Disappointed in the food however. Would still choose Maestro's and Ruth Chris' over Bourbon Steak but only with regard to the food. Every other aspect was superior.Special Features:
- RALdinesVIPDined on 9/11/2014This was our first visit. Though we found the food generally good, though clearly very overpriced, the steaks we had were not as tender as we would have liked for $50 a steak! Quite frankly, steaks at Ruth Chris are better and not as expensive. The sides were extremely good. The acousitics, however, are a disaster for a location that has been constructed by Rick Caruso Affiliates. Sound proofing is needed to baffle the noise level. In addition, allowing people in with shorts is not my idea of a fine dining location nor is the ugly stores on the south side of Colorado. The Arroyo Chop House, for example, in Pasadena is a lot more classy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST!!!!! EVER !!!!! REALLY !!!!!SongbirdDined on 9/9/2014Celebrated our 24th wedding anniversary and were treated like royalty!! The staff went ABOVE and BEYOND any restaurant experience we've ever had! Received a hand-written Happy Anniversary card signed by the entire staff, were promptly served complimentary champagne to mark the occasion - we'd been there only 2 minutes! Our waiter Esteve accommodated at every turn, we were visited several times by manager Justin and received personal expertise from the sommelier toward a terrific wine selection. The food was PERFECT - porterhouse and filet mignon, delicious black truffle mac & cheese, Chinese long beans, Caesar and baby iceberg salads, cookies and candies; ambiance included a live jazz combo. Expensive ... and worth every penny!Special Features:
- Great Restaurant and PeopleOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/4/2014I came here to celebrate my 3rd year wedding anniversary and also to celebrate our 1st pregnancy. As soon as we entered, we were welcomed and congratulated on our occasion. They sat us at a great table and we received an Anniversary card signed by the whole staff. This was awesome!Also, our server was great to the point we knew when his wedding was. I will be back once we have our baby so my wife could try the desserts with alcohol in them :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced for sure.Happy71Dined on 9/2/2014I wasn't crazy about the food. They are famous for the stake but the stake we order was over cooked, dry, no flavore and cold. The place is beautiful, cool ambiance, the service is good but I wouldn't see myself going there for dinner to enjoy a steak again.Special Features:
- A bit of a let down!SteakLoverDined on 8/31/2014Although we had excellent service and we loved the decor, I have to say that the quality and flavor of the food was a huge disappointment! I would probably only go back to this place for cocktails. If you are looking to enjoy a great steak dinner properly cooked with good flavor you better stick to Ruth Chris.Special Features:
- Great bourbon Bad ServiceFoodLADined on 8/29/2014Bourbon tasting was great but the service ruined what should have been a great evening. We sat at our table for 10 minutes before the server came, the food took about 20 minutes longer than it should have and then there was a large piece of paper in the food. The food was good but when you are about to pay over $50 a person for entrees, you expect the experience to be great. This just made me want to leave.
- dis a point ingFeeveDined on 8/29/2014great enviro. great service. great menu. every single dish was seriously excellent. EXCEPT... The Steaks! unbelievable! a premium steak house that serves cheap meat. we were shocked. $58 for the Kansas City Wagyu that was tough, chewey, grissley. $49 for NY Strip that was same. not a bad flavor. just cheap meat. no way this is USDA Prime. in fact, it may not have even been Choice! everything else rocked. but the word "steak" is in the name of the place. c'mon, folks! buy better meat. you can't make it on Lobster Pot Pie alone. not if you're a steak place. luckily they comped us one of (the three) steaks, plus a pair of desserts. that gesture may give them half a 2nd chance. we'll see.Special Features:
- Another good experience at BourbonMarkIDined on 8/27/2014Wanted to celebrate a co-worker's recent promotion and he loves steak and wanted to try a rib eye at Bourbob. He had the bone-in Black Angus and said it was delicious. I had the rib cap and it was cooked perfectly and delicious as well. I loved my heirloom tomato salad. Wish we had room for dessert as they all looked and/or sounded good. I also wish I could do the bourbon flights, but I was driving. I really need to bring my better half for a meal at Bourbon Steak.Special Features:
- Very good, but....SteakmavenDined on 8/24/2014The porterhouse steak for two was as good as it gets in L. A. Appetizers and sides were large servings and also very tasty. Big mistake - asking waiter to select a half bottle of red wine. This was a special birthday dinner but with tip the bill for two came to $450. If you are planning something similar ask about corkage. From now on I'll fix prime filets with morel mushroom sauce and a superb wine at home for a fraction of the cost. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Lobster Pot Pie!Getty20132809VIPDined on 8/24/2014Rich and flavorful, the Lobster Pot Pie is amazing. The Croque Madame for brunch is also buttery and flavorful with an excellent cheese mornay sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!!WINEandDINEDined on 8/23/2014*Very organized and clean dining area *Great vibe, friendliness & service from the staff *Amazing food, dessert, coffee and wine **Loved absolutely everything from this restaurant, will definitely come back** Special thanks to Michael for taking care of us. It was a wonderful experience dining at Bourbon Steak LA :)Special Features:
- Bourbon Steak!!!ChefDocVIPDined on 8/22/2014What an unexpected surprise to have a 5 star dining experience at the edge of a mall. Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak exudes class from the moment you step in! Hundreds of vintage silver spoons serve as a backdrop for the entry, and the rest of the establishment is a sexy mix of grey, black, soft taupe, buttery leather, and wonderful details. Bar is gorgeous, live music (piano) in the background, server AMAZING (thanks Natasha!), seating comfortable, food BEYOND!, great mushroom dashi amuse, trio flight of goosefat fries gets the meal off to a start! our steaks and sides were perfect, and we were treated to some amazing desserts (sassafras ice cream, vanilla ice cream, and bittersweet oreo cookies) for our anniversary. Wine/beer memorableSpecial Features:
- A Great Steakhouse Experience!TheFoodDudeDined on 8/22/2014The overall ambiance is steakhouse chic. The servers are excellent and (like the very best steakhouses) manage to be genuine, friendly and frank while giving good descriptions and suggestions. And the sommelier is INCREDIBLE and very knowledgeable – he suggested a less-expensive but incredible cabernet from Turley called The Label. Everyone at the table loved it, including myself. Our meat was very tasty and great quality with side dishes that were inventive, well-executed and a bit daring (except for the over-salted creamed spinach). And our desserts were good (not amazing but good). Despite its location at the Americana, it is an excellent choice for a nice night out and a great meal experience.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceMarkDined on 8/15/2014Nice place with outstanding (sometimes overdone) service. For the price (nearly $600 for four adults) the experience did not measure up. My steak was good. It should have been outstanding. The sides were mixed, one good and one not so good. Both should have been outstanding. The wedge was so-so. Had this been a moderately priced restaurant, I would have said it was a good experience. But with the prices they charge, it fell woefully short. I don't think I will return or recommend.
- Great placeFinediner81546Dined on 8/15/2014First experience at Bourbon. Food terrific. Wine list complete. Service outstanding, although a little too attentive by the general manager. Waiter very knowledgeable. Should let customer know the prices of the variety of specials before ordering to avoid surprises. Great overall experience, food and service value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected the Little Touches, but NogsoohDined on 8/14/2014Nice looking restaurant and friendly staff. Their $45 prix fixe early bird is worth the charge, but Bavette Steak tough. Son liked 18oz rib eye. Wife thought chicken only okay. A restaurant striving for this calibre is missing the little considerations that leave a less than ideal memory ...server not mentioning early bird menu (had to ask); no refills of coffee, no birthday dessert (added a candle to MY dessert ... cheap and tacky, didn't feel special). Would not cost the owners a lot to extend, but would leave memorable impressions. Come knowing it will be expensive. Think we'll stick with Houstons, Arroyo Chop House and Ruth Chris in Pasadena.Special Features:
- Delightful all aroundAJ14Dined on 8/13/2014I did not have any expectations of this restaurant but hoped for a validation of good reviews from friends. I was thoroughly pleased with my first impression and experience. The ambience was just right for the evening. I love the style and interior design of the restaurant. The wait service was great...very attentive and informative. The food was exceptional, from the appetizer and salad to the main course. Be prepare to spend a pretty penny, but it was worth every cent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great stuffOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/13/2014Great place for a business lunch. The restaurant manager was a pro after learning we were from San Francisco, he provided his card and offered to assist with reservations in the city. Excellent food as well.
- Extraordinary restaurantSharilDined on 8/9/2014My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary at Bourbon Steak this evening and we couldn't have found a better restaurant to celebrate it at. The food, ambience and service was impeccable. To make the night even more perfect, Chef Michael Mina, was there and was so kind to come to our table to greet us. Although the menu is a bit pricey, it is worth every penny, as it is apparent in each and every bite they only use the highest quality of ingredients. The menu and the presentation of the food is creative and well thought out. We ordered the hamachi and tuna poppers and wagyu shabu shabu as starters and the rib cap, wagyu flat iron steak and black truffle mac and cheese for the main course, food doesn't get any better than this!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HORRIBLE.AdiamondVIPDined on 8/8/2014They WAY over cooked my friends $55 steak (she had ordered medium rare), took her plate that she had already spooned our table's sides onto and 32 minutes later brought her a new steak and the sides were wasted (including a pricy lobster mac n cheese). The rest of us were done eating and she opted to not accept it since we were all done and who likes to eat alone? As for the rest of us... we were hoping to enjoy a glass of wine after our cocktails with our steaks. Unfortunately though, it took about the same amount of time to get us the wine after we ordered it as it took to eat our steaks. Horrible service. Mediocre food. Never again.
- Excellent food plus servicemjcdiningDined on 8/8/2014This place was top notch. I went to celebrate my wife's birthday. When we arrived, there was a birthday card on the table signed by the staff along with champagne flutes and they poured us complimentary champagne (nice touch!). The food was fantastic, the waiter couldn't have been more knowledgeable about the menu and he was very attentive to our needs. I recommend this place to everyone who likes a excellent meal with great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, horrible foodLFAVDined on 8/7/2014I was very enthusiastic about this restaurant. I've tried several time to get a table but always is packed. Finally I could have dinner and it was very disappointing. Our waiter was very professional and kind but the food was really bad. I had octopus for the appetizer and it was dry and flavorless. Then ordered a filet mignon, well cooked just as ordered, but despite being a black angus cut it was really bad. The steak ordered by my wife was even worst. It also was cold. Finally I got the check and it was more than 200 dollars. I don't recommend this restaurant. The ambience and the music is great though.
- Great ServiceHardtopleaseDined on 8/6/2014The food only takes second spot in my category when I rate a restaurant. Service is top. PJ who waited on us knew exactly how to genuinely please clients. He was very attentive, very friendly and just great. Not to mention - the food was excellent. Came here to celebrate my son's birthday. Bourbon did not disappoint.Special Features:
- High expectationRow28Dined on 8/2/2014Was expecting more but disappointed with the quality of food and size.
- DisappointedKKC3Dined on 7/29/2014We were very disappointed in the steaks. We each ordered the rib eye and our son ordered another steak. They were all subpar. Not tender, not tasty. When you pay $52 for a piece of meat, it had better be good. We love beef and have eaten at many of the steak houses in the greater LA area. This was the bottom of the barrel for the meat. On a positive note the asparagus was great. They have an amazing selection of whiskeys.
- JUICY STEAK!!!YUNIDined on 7/27/2014i WENT THERE DURING THE LA DINE WEEK. TRIED THE COURSE AND ESPECIALLY THE STEAK IS REALLY JUICY AND JUST MELT IN MOUTH. ALSO THE VANILLA PUDDING WAS GOOD. IT WAS NOT SALTY AND NOT FLAVORED SO COULD FEEL THE ALL INGREDIENTS. NICE PLACE.Special Features:
- First TimeYummmDined on 7/25/2014First time here, as I waited for my party of three, several waiters walked by and no one offered me a drink or water while others were seated in same area, they were offered. Bar area was energetic and fun. Order our meal and it seems like a very long wait for three steaks and one appetizer. Loved that three different French fries were offered prior to us ordering anything. Looking forward to taking husband and son here to enjoy.Special Features:
- Great First ImpressionugooliDined on 7/24/2014My wife and I have been wanting to dine here since it opened. Finally had a chance to go for lunch and I just had to get the ribeye since it's a steak place after all. We started with the duck spring rolls. There were 4 fried spring rolls wrapped around lettuce. Interesting idea and very good with a kick of heat from the peppers. My wife had the shawarma and she was only able to finish half of it. The yogurt sauce was great. I ordered a medium rare ribeye and it was cooked perfectly. Great flavor and so very tender. My side was the jalapeño creamed corn. I would suggest getting something else. I was expecting a twist on Lawry's creamed corn but this went a totally different direction. The service from Erika was also great. Give it a try!Special Features:
- lovely lunch spotlive2dineDined on 7/24/2014had a very tasty burger, with excellent fries! tried a bite of my lunch companion's sirloin, very flavorful but slightly chewy. great service!Special Features:
- Had a great experiencecaribthDined on 7/24/2014We came during DineLA for lunch to celebrate a birthday. Both the regular menu and special menu offered us fantastic choices. We were dying to try the burger and we were not disappointed. The meal was a bit heavy for lunch (because we ended up with three courses) but worth every calorie. When we arrived, there was a birthday card signed by the staff on the table and the service was friendly and impeccable, as was the pacing of our meal. We all agreed that we'd be back for dinner at some point to truly enjoy the ambiance.Special Features:
- Lovely New Restaurant in GlendaleCassieDined on 7/22/2014While the prices can be breathtaking, the food really is excellent, & it's a very pretty restaurant.Special Features:
- Not bad, not greatwandsVIPDined on 7/22/2014If you like over-the-top wait staff, where they wax eloquent about every minute detail, this is for you. Astonishingly, they were 'out of' the kobe burger by 7PM (the least priced item on the menu at $23), which forced us to a different entree. NY Strip was good, nothing outstanding. Angelotti app was delicious and after the amuse bouche and trio of fries they brought to the table beforehand, I was full and would have stopped there had I not ordered the potato crusted sole with brown butter and capers. Potato crust: hard as a rock, sole: fresh, light and sadly covered with aforementioned rock, capers: 2 in total, brown butter: nonexistent. I wouldn't rush back but I'd swing in after shopping for a cocktail and app at the beautiful bar.
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/21/2014Our server Alex made all the difference! I visited with my mother and sister for my birthday a few days ago and he really made everything special. The food was great too and we selected items off of the Restaurant Week menu. Everyone that works there is nice and it is attached to the Americana. Fabulous.Special Features:
- Great Dinner SpotreyesfoodieDined on 7/21/2014Came for DineLA as a party of 4. We decided to come a little earlier before our reservation so that we could checkout their Happy Hour. We had egg rolls and oysters and a couple of drinks which was really good and a great price. For dinner, the burrata starter and the steak for dinner was memorable but the dessert was just ok. What we didn't know ahead of time(and was a nice surprise) was that all wine is half of on Mondays, so we ordered a few nice bottles since it was all discounted. Loved the ambience and the service was really good. They also have a sommelier on hand to help you pick out some good wine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steakOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/21/2014Bourbon Steak is an excellent restaurant. From the fries that were presented as an appetizer to the exquisite butterscotch pudding that we had for dessert, it was terrific. The oysters were sweet and succulent; the potato was unique and delicious; and the Waygu Tomahawk Rib-eye was perfectly prepared and wonderful. The wait staff was congenial and efficient, and made very good recommendations. So, what was missing.... atmosphere. While the decor is pleasant, there is nothing warm or inviting about the restaurant. Given the price of the meal, it needs something to draw one back again. I left very satisfied with the cuisine, but unsure if I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will come back!kittyVIPDined on 7/20/2014It's our first try @ this restaurant, great attentive customer services during Sat lunch hour. Above average on their dishes, can pass their dessert because it wasn't great.Special Features:
- servicebnmgDined on 7/20/2014The service was really good, but I think it's a little bit expensive for the meal size.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/19/2014Excellent value during Dine LA restaurant week. Even though the steak offered was "Bavette" which sounds vaguely like a lesser cut of meat, it was absolutely delicious. The complimentary amuse bouche of fries trio is killer, as is the truffle butter bread. I am a HUGE fan of Stripsteak in Las Vegas, and it's SO WONDERFUL to have a Michael Mina steak house in town now. It's not super creative food, but it is comfort food done so incredibly well. Beautiful restaurant, attentive service from all sides, and lovely live piano playing.Special Features: