Bourbon Steak at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
7575 E. Princess Drive
Scottsdale, AZ 85255Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Bourbon Steak at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://michaelmina.net/restaurants/locations/bsaz.php
- Phone: 4805136002x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm,
Friday and Saturday 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Everyday 5:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. in the bar and lounge and all night on our fireside terrace.
Please note hours of operation are seasonal and subject to change.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chris Curtiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: BOURBON STEAK is the perfect venue to host your group dining event! We have a variety of exclusive dining options including our Private Dining Room which seats 40, Semi- Private Dining Atrium able to seat 20, Chef's Table suited for 12 and Private Outdoor Terrace perfect for up to 75 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jessica Pate 4805852682x
- Entertainment: Happy Hour guests can enjoy $5 bar bites
as well as $5 specialty cocktails, daily house-made punch, and select red and white wines.
- Special Events: BOURBON STEAK is the perfect place to host your party and is a great venue for business functions, birthday parties and weddings. The restaurant can be reserved in its entirety for either lunch or dinner. Please contact Jessica Pate at 480.585.2682 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Bourbon Steak at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess
BOURBON STEAK offers contemporary American fare with a focus on all natural, organic and hormone free cuts of beef poached and finished over the wood-burning grill. The signature Michael Mina’s Classics include Maine Lobster Pot Pie, Truffled Mac & Cheese, and American Kobe Burger with Duck Fat Fries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbon Steak at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)fit for foodies (37)romantic (26)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (16)good for groups (16)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (5)neighborhood gem (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great Dining ExperienceTravelinscottDined on 9/4/2014Modern but comfortable ambiance with excellent service and food to match. We had the filet with sides of horseradish mashed potatoes and carrots. Although the steaks were great quality and prepared perfectly, the real stars were the sides. The potatoes were light, fluffy and very tasty (best we have ever had) and the glazed carrots were delicious. One if the best meals we have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!MrAnonymousDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I dined here & were wowed. Overall, the food was amazing. The heirloom tomato salad was very flavorful & delicious. The 8 oz. filet was perfectly cooked & melt in your mouth tender. The 8 oz. Waygu flat iron had a quite savory unique flavor, although the cut of steak wasn't the best I've ever had. The truffle mac & cheese was good, but the one item I would consider below par with the rest of our meal. For dessert, the Bourbon Bar was tasty, and the vanilla beignets were awesome. The bar knows how to make a proper caipirinha, & the latte was fantastic. Service was very attentive throughout the meal. The décor is a little too modern bland, but the noise level was acceptable and we weren't crowded in by other diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best food in townMaggster29Dined on 8/29/2014The food here is absolutely delicious. The steaks always impress and the lobster or shrimp accompaniment will leave you wanting more. The tuna tartare is amazing and I'm a personal fan of the truffle mac'n'cheese. The lobster pot pie is a work of art. The beignets rival the ones you find in New Orleans and the trio of sauces take them to a new level of wonderful. The atmosphere is nice and the bartender always makes a good cocktail, even if I make an uncommon cocktail request. I have yet to be disappointed with the food and drinks. Normally the service is beyond compare but the last time we were there, we weren't as impressed with our server. That is the only time in years of visiting Bourbon Steak it has happened. I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of best steaks in ScottsdalenipperDined on 8/23/2014Had a wonderful time at the Bourbon Steak. I thought my bone in ribeye was great until I tasted my wife's Wagu flat iron steak. Certainly tested better than most filets we have ever had. We were quite skeptical when the server steered her away from the Filet Mignon for a flat iron steak instead but it was stunning. They cook the steaks in clarified butter and then put it on a Mesquite grill to finish and the flavor is incredible. We will return, maybe even with the kids. Speaking of kids, there were 3 families with younger children and everyone just knew how to behave, even a 2 year old. It is sad how infrequent that is.Special Features:
- Food and service top notchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Had the 32oz porterhouse. Seasoning really made the steak. Service was very crisp and efficient. Only negative thought is that it was a little to dark lighting wise. Great place for a date might or special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAZDinerDined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed our dinner. Excellent food. The truffle mac and cheese was to die for! And the duck fat fries! YUM. Steaks cooked perfectly. The only "irritation" was the overly chatty waitress. She was very informative, but her chirpy voice and insistence and talking WAY too much was better suited for a pancake house rather than a sophisticated restaurant. Otherwise, loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not enough Stars for this place!!!WallyWayDined on 7/23/201448th Wedding Anniv. Received a congrats card from the staff with a complimentary glass of champagne-that was sweet. Had the Omakase menu with wine pairings----totally excellent, starting with the Oyster with caviar and ending with the butter poached steak. Fantastic desserts. Thomas, the sommelier, explained each wine in detail and why it was paired with each dish-wonderful and knowledgeable guy. Eric, our server, along with others were very friendly and engaging. Eric took us to the Kitchen and we met the Su Chef. A wonderful experience for my wife and I. Totally recommend this restaurant for the excellent, well-prepared and presented food and for the entire staff at this restaurant. triple kudos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Money to BurnHappyeaterDined on 7/23/2014The food was very good, and the waiter was good as well. However, the portions and prices were an outrage. We ordered an 'heirloom tomato salad' as an appetizer and asked the waiter if it was large enough to share, he said yes. It was tiny!! For $16.00! Between my husband and myself, we didn't even get a half of a tomato. It was supposed to come with sheep cheese, and I didn't get any on my plate. For sides, the waiter suggested 3 for 4 people. They were so small, that they would have fed one person happily. We complained and received two additional sides. It was our 48th anniversary, and not even a cookie with a candle. Not nice.
- Expecting MoreconftravDined on 7/19/2014We were really looking forward to trying this restaurant as it has been highly rated and recommended. I had the flat iron steak and it a lot of fat in it, was a bit overcooked for my preference, a little tough and a lot too salty. My husband's steak was also cooked more to medium well when he had ordered it medium rare. My husband got his dessert and I didn't get mine. We sat and waited a while until his ice cream was melting and he had to start eating. Didn't get mine until our waiter stopped and checked on us. Then he went to see where my dessert was. I had creme brulee and it came with 3 hot beignets. Unfortunately, they were doughy and not completely cooked in the middle. Expected better for a dinner that cost over $200.Special Features:
- Ridiculously ExpensivePurpleDined on 7/5/2014We don't mind paying quite a bit for a nice dinner--and we knew this place would be spendy--but this was way out of line. Our dinner included a flight of wine, 2 entrees, 2 salads, 2 sides and a bottle of red wine. The bill with a 20% tip was $300. We both had to send our dinners back because my steak and my wife's salmon were both overcooked. They got the salmon right the second time but not the steak (I did not send it back). Food was only okay as far as taste. Service was very gracious despite our disappointment. The atmosphere was very nice, although tables a bit too close to one another.Special Features:
- We love this restaurantAzdawningDined on 7/4/2014And have always had a great experience dining here. The filet mignon is amazing.Special Features:
- Food and service were impeccable!Foodie567VIPDined on 7/3/2014This resturant was not only kid friendly with giving out coloring books when we arrived, but the chef even came to our table with homemade focaccia for our children saying his own kids love it. That was a really nice touch! The food was incredible from the steaks to the truffle macaroni and cheese and the shiitake mushrooms! We have eaten at many high end steak resturants and this one is our new favorite! The service was impeccable was well! Literally as soon as my children dropped their fork on the floor (which happened more than once) another one was brought over without us even asking. Highly recommend this resturant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!PeteskyVIPDined on 6/24/2014This was our first time at Bourbon and we wen't on our wedding anniversary. When we arrived, they had a card on our table signed by all the staff. The attention to service was simply superb. We had about 4 different people attending to us. All of them had exceptional service skills. The food was equal to the service. My wife said her filet was the best one she has ever had! All in all, this was easily one of our best restaurant experiences anywhere. If we move to Scottsdale, this will become a staple for our fine dining list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely dinner spot!HomeMadeCajunDined on 6/22/2014My son & I dined here on a recent trip to Scottsdale. We loved it! The apps & the butter poached steak were amazing! Quite expensive, but definitely a great treat!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/21/2014New Fish philosophy, allows for very fresh and excellent product presentation. Steaks are cooked to perfection. Wine list while pricey offers many nice selections. Worth the trip and money if you get timely service.Special Features:
- not as good as it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/21/2014We were here about a year ago and everything was excellent. This time, not so much. The service was slow, had to ask repeatedly for more drinks and my filet was not hot. Unfortunate to spend that much money for this type of dinner.
- Just one of the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/19/2014I am always debating whether or not to become a vegetarian, but then I go to Bourbon Steak, and all that is forgotten: A restaurant that makes me carnivorous. Delicious. Duck fat fries. That's all I need, and "carne vale" starts in my palate. Service was exquisite - the staff is trained, professional, not snobby, and makes you feel welcome...nothing else to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Vegetarians too!BoolaDined on 6/14/2014We went for Father's Day and I expected to graze on greens while my husband had his filet. The Chef's Summer Special had just started, consisting of a three course option for $49. I asked if a vegetarian option could be accommodated and chef Curtis prepared a fantastic meal! I had a lovely salad, the best vegetable based risotto ever, and a fantastic, petite crime brûlée. Since my husband really wanted a filet and one was not an option on the prix fixe, we asked if we could pay an up have and switch out the hangar for a filet. No problem! We had a fantastic meal, each of us having what we wanted, and at a special price. A definite return. The only flaw was husband's desert choice - three ice creams, each awful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointeddalewDined on 5/31/2014For a high-end restaurant, I was disappointed with the lack of attention. Not only could the service have been a bit more attentive to such things as refilling the water, what was really disappointing was where they sat us. It was our 33rd anniversary and about five other tables were taken when we arrived at 6:30. We were sat at a table adjacent to a table of four. The room was set up with bench seating along one wall, with tables set in front of the bench seating. So it was not that we were sat at a table near another group, we were literally side by side. I could understand if the room was full, but for a mostly open restaurant I would expect more privacy for a couple celebrating their anniversary.Special Features:
- Tasty food but small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/26/2014Boulibasse had minimal fish. "Vegetables" with steak were two tablespoons of pureed ????. Pork was very salty. Nice restaurant and good serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star diningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014This restaurant never disappoints, the good and service are fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencebmferrillDined on 5/23/2014One of the best places we've ever dined. We went for restaurant week and felt we really got an amazing deal. On top of our three courses we received complementary Duck Fat Fries with three different gourmet sauces. The service was fantastic. Upon a glass of wine spilling, our waiter quickly took care of the mess and was incredibly nice and took the awkwardness out of the situation. He even topped off the glass for us at no charge. Our experience was so good I would have no problem paying full price for everything we got.Special Features:
- great dinnerCandiceVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great drinks great food great service great time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JenninealVIPDined on 5/23/2014We had a wonderful time. The service was amazing and the food was fantastic. Restaurant week menu was perfect because we were able to try items we probably would not have selected off the regular menu.Special Features:
- Truly disappointedBOLLOCKS12Dined on 5/23/2014Arrived on time to be told that there were people in front of us.How can that be we booked for 7.30. Mistake realized but the obviously upset 'very young hostess' tried to sit us at the obviously worst table.There were many other empty tables..supposedly booked. complained moved to reasonable table. Waiter service was impeccable. It was supposed to be 'Scottsdale Restaurant' week a special price to bring the locals in. It was my wife's birthday, cheapest champagne on menu $90. Entree was so bad we didn't eat it.Waiter nodded and never said a word. Apparently had happened a lot. Bottom line it was obvious that someone, probably the chef didn't want to do 'Restaurant week' Never go there again will verbally slaughter them any chance I get.
- enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014We had a nice evening with very good food, the only down side is that we were seated outside on the patio which was wonderful since the westher was gorgeous except 2 minutes later the sat a couple right next to us and it was like they were sitting with us at the same table we ended having to change tables and go inside on such a beautiful night. There were plenty of outside tables but they were 4 tops and would not sit a couple at a larger table. This was a special evening and it was birthday dinner that they knew about, the restaurant was not full the hostesses need to learn to seat guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average dinner at Fairmont in AZNancyAZDined on 5/23/2014This was a special dinner for my husband's dinner. The wine list was very expensive. My husband's filet was good but my pork was overlooked and way too salty. The waiter never asked how our meal was and was rather aloof. Mike Mina's is supposed to be fabulous but we were very disappointed. Maybe it was due to the Memorial Day weekend. It was very expensive for a mediocre meal.Special Features:
- $500 + Anniversary FlopGreggVIPDined on 5/23/2014The food left much to be desired. The "fries" and the oysters were good appetizers, but the "Hanger Steak" was nothing but tough and chewy. Obviously a lower quality cut of meat than should be served in such a beautiful restaurant. The biggest saving grace was that the service, and especially ERIC, was wonderful. If I had to choose, I'd say La Hacienda was a much better meal if you are eating at the Fairmont.
- Excellent serviceChrisDined on 5/22/2014We came to celebrate our children's achievements for an end-of-school year dinner. It helped that it was restaurant week ($40/person). The staff treated our sons (14 & 12) like kings. They loved everything about their experience here. The food was delicious especially the steaks. We sat outside on the patio and the setting was beautiful. We will definitely return for special occasions.Special Features:
- The following 594 reviews are from the Bourbon Steak at The Fairmont Scottsdale Princess reviews archive.
- Great steak!MjangDined on 5/17/2014Been to at least 20 steak places, and this is the best steak house I have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014The food was great but the service was not so great. The house wine was the worst. We have just finished a great bottle and then wanted 1 more glass to finish with dessert and the house red was awful which ruined the whole dinner. The bone in ribeye is worth coming back for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lived up to the billingZetebonesDined on 5/10/2014This is a very nice place with some really fantastic food. We shared a great steak and one of the chef's signature dishes - the Lobster Pot Pie. Great meal. Sat outside on the patio and really enjoyed the relaxing setting. Can't wait to go back next time we are visiting Scottsdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant diningDaniBVIPDined on 5/10/2014Not my first visit to this restaurant… Sat outside…Pretty patio seating, but I do not prefer across the small table. and the table was too small for everything that was on it. Service was friendly and attentive. Wine prices are higher than many restaurants I frequent. Food was very good. Great display and portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Save your moneyGrantDined on 5/3/2014I will start off on the good stuff. We received a card celebrating our Anniversary. It pretty much went down hill from there. The waiter was nice, but ALL his recommendations were really bad. My wife asked him about the Lobster Pot Pie ($65). He said it was great a must have. However it was anything but. on a scale from 1 to 10 it was a 1. The salad he recommended was a 1 out of 10. It had no dressing on it. Th waiter said nothing to us when we told him that. My steak was very good, however at $85.00 what would you expect. Over all we would not go back, for a $292 bill, we were very very disappointed. Don't go here. Save your money.
- Great as alwaysBoulderDentalDined on 5/2/2014I dined here twice on my recent trip and both nights were excellent. They have maybe the best burger on the planet and the Waygu steaks aren't bad either, far from it.Special Features:
- AH-MAZINGKdiamond27Dined on 4/28/2014I took my fiancée here for his birthday, where he was treated like a king. The service is exceptional-- the sommelier is so friendly and knowledgeable-- even said he could email us drink recipies...we shared a caesar salad (perfect amount of tang), a to-die-for lobster pot pie and a steak, which was melt-in-your-mouth. The "blood and sand" cocktail was so unique...it is a scotch cocktail...perfect for the evening and my fiancées love of Glenlivet. Did I mention when you tell them about a birthday, the whole staff signs a birthday card for you? More thoughtful than a bunch of confetti on the table ... overall, we had a fabulous experience. We'd been here before, but they made this special evening very memorable for us.Special Features:
- Mediocre experienceSemiOnDined on 4/26/2014Service was painfully slow as we waited quite some time just to be brought water and even longer to order a bottle of wine. The bone marrow appetizer was difficult to split between two and lacked crusted bread on which to smear the marrow. The steaks, upon which the restaurant has built its name, weren't particularly noteworthy. Any decent backyard cook can buy wagyu for half the price at AJs and accomplish the same, if not better.
- Tasting MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/14/2014My wife and I tried the tasting menu and it was an amazing experience. We also opted for the wine pairing. We enjoyed around 10 inspired courses and tasted 8 worldly wines. Often a variation or completely different course was arranged for each my wife and I. Next time we will bring friends to see even more of the chef's wide ranging creations. Knowledgable, friendly staff created a memorable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Anniversary CelebrationTammieDined on 4/12/2014They really made our anniversary special. There was an anniversary card waiting at the table for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedDaveDined on 4/12/2014Tiny portions, spotty service, average food at an exorbitant price.