Bourbon BBQ and Catering
529 Goffle Rd.
Wyckoff, NJ 07481Neighborhood:
BarbecuePrice: $30 and under
Bourbon BBQ and Catering
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bourbonbbq.com/
- Phone: (201) 444-4744
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday & Tuesday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Burgers, Comfort Food, Barbecue
- Executive Chef: Thomas Michalski
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Delivery, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: We are a Family owned Authentic Southern Smokehouse and Caterer. All Meats are wood smoked in a real BBQ Pit on premises and we do not use gas or electricity for smoking. Year 'round BBQ & Southern Catering is offered by Silver Oak Southern Catering and we specialize in Corporate Holiday Parties, Graduations, Tailgating, Company Picnics, Backyard functions and any other events at various venues. Give us a call and try some of what we are smoking today!
A word from Bourbon BBQ and Catering
Bourbon BBQ is an Authentic Southern all Hickory Barbecue & Catering, and is a Family Owned full service restaurant. It was named the "Best BBQ in New Jersey" by NJ Monthly, "Best BBQ" by 201 Magazine and "Best Ribs" by the Bergen Record and "Best BBQ" by 201 Magazine. Open 6 days a week (closed Monday) for Lunch and Dinner, Bourbon BBQ is a BYOB family restaurant that offers Authentic Southern Fried Chicken, BBQ Ribs, Brisket, hand-pressed Hamburgers, Chili and other local favorites. Bring your favorite bottle of Wine or Beer. Simple food done right. Hope to see Y'All soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bourbon BBQ and Catering reviews from OpenTable diners
3 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelModerate
kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Food is good - Wait time is longJohnNJDined on 11/9/2014I would recommend them for the food but I would most likely call in a take-out order next time. The wait time was long and the service just so-so. The barbeque is very tasty, and lots of it, but the sides leave alot to be desired. Standard salad, dry coleslaw, typical cornbread. Free refills on the drinks was a plus. Not a place to visit often because the prices are high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great North Jersey BBQBBQRICHDined on 9/18/2014Food is great and plentiful. If you order appetizers expect to bring loads home. I love BBQ and most of the time I’m so disappointed, NOT HERE.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BBQ smoked foodKisses3147Dined on 8/30/2014The four of us had different dishes and shared all were fantastic Try the Kale chips something really differentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing BBQTheBestVIPDined on 4/16/2014Loved the food. Best I've had! The service was grat the owner very friendly. Very large portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommend that dinersHungryVIPDined on 12/7/2013Highly recommend that diners be fans of dry rub barbecue before considering.
- Great BBQMLK17VIPDined on 10/26/2013Food was very good...and lots of it. Service was just ok...seemed like only kids running the dining room. Made a mistake with our order. BUT I would go back again.Special Features:
- The servers were very nice. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/4/2013The servers were very nice. The fried chicken was tasteless. The ribs were dry.
- Not worth the calorieskfeudiDined on 6/12/2013The decor was sloppy and outdated. The portions were huge. The fried chicken was over coated and overcooked. Tasted like it was reheated. Ribs were tender but not very flavorful. Corn bread and cole slaw delicious. Pulled pork was good, not great. Service was non existent. While there was plenty of staff, they were too busy socializing amongst themselves to wait tables. Food for our table came out at different times with 10 minutes in between.
- just okcriticaldinerVIPDined on 12/15/2012Food was OK but not served hot! Sides were the best part of the meal. Service was not good.
- Going back this week.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012Having had a lot of BBQ over the years, I must say the food was awesome. We had 4 different entrees at the table and it was a definate thumbs up for everyone. There was the Beef Brisket that melted in your mouth. Definately a "deal maker". The pulled pork was also delicious with a generous serving. The Southern Fried Chicken was also worthy of praise especially if you like really crispy chicken. Even the Beef Brisket Salad was a winner. Will be making return trips for that alone.The best side item as the BBQ beans. The owner was very welcoming and very informative. The BBQ definately showed its Kentucky inspiration and was quite good although I usaully prefer Texas or Alabama style. To top things off the "red-neck zeppoles" were amazing
- Very casual BYOB with greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/2/2012Very casual BYOB with great food and generous portions. The service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- There are better BBQ places.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/30/2012There are better BBQ places. Food servings were piled on top of one another. Not good for fussy kids that do not like their ribs to touch the cole slaw. I would not return even if I lived next door.Special Features:
- Good family restaurantNancyfromNJDined on 6/1/2012Nice family restaurant. Food was good. Ribs were somewhat dry but pulled pork was delicious. Wasn't crazy about the mashed potatoes and my husband didn't care for the mac n cheese, but the coleslaw was really good. We will go back for the pulled pork! I had the fried oreos with a scoop of vanilla ice cream which was yummy!Special Features:
- the ribs were totally dry,BoonDined on 5/11/2012the ribs were totally dry, any amount of sauce couldn't revive it. Pulled pork was tasty though. The fries, cole slaw and baked beans were tasty....but mac and cheese were very very dry.
- Fried chicken, corn bread,JanTrishVIPDined on 3/23/2012Fried chicken, corn bread, crisp coleslaw, fork tender brisket! A little bit of Texas low country has arrived in north jersey!Special Features:
- An inexpensive option forbostonfanVIPDined on 3/18/2012An inexpensive option for those that enjoy barbecue and ribs in a small, casual setting. Servings are ample and quality is good.Special Features:
- If bbq is what you want thatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012If bbq is what you want that is what you will get here. The portions are overly generous and the food is delicious. There is a very casual relaxed style here. Don't miss it!Special Features:
- Chef came out before & afterOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2012Chef came out before & after receiving our order to check on us, see if we had any menu questions & then to see if we enjoyed our meal...very nice personal touch! Even explained how certain sauces were made & w/what fresh ingredients. Definately looking forward to going back again soon!Special Features:
- Food was authentic, the ownerIvellizeDined on 2/14/2012Food was authentic, the owner showed southern hospitality & the service was great. Deep fried twinkies out of this world, this place showed me how much I miss the south.Special Features:
- I'll give it another try!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/28/2012I really like the way the restaurant has been updated. However, being from Texas and now living in NJ, I've been on the search for that taste of home. We shared a garbage plate which was quite honestly the best value on the menu and a great way to get a taste for the food. Unfortunately the beans were cold and the bread had the taste of freezer burn. I did enjoy the brisket, the sausage was a bit too salty, ribs were good, and pork could have used more flavor. Never been a greens fan, so would have preferred something else. We had hushpuppies as an app, which were quite good, but left me longing for more of a sweet dipping sauce rather than a savory one. Would love more sauce choices, especially with some kick!
- Mouthwatering smoked brisketEllen111813Dined on 1/14/2012Mouthwatering smoked brisket and pulled pork..tangy bbq sauce with just enough heat. Cant wait to go back! Service excellent. Prices reasonable and BYOB.Special Features:
- The food was very decent BBQ.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/6/2012The food was very decent BBQ. The fried chicken is definitely worth mentioning. Chef came out to speak with customers. The music was a little bland, but good for conversation. Overall it was a nice meal.Special Features:
- This was only my second timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/6/2012This was only my second time going to Bourbon BBQ. I have driven past it a hundred times and was very sad when they had their fire. But when I heard they re-opened I had to go! HUGE portions, worth the money and great food. Keep in mind that the food does not come out piping hot, but it is typical for smoked food from what I've found. But overall tender, and very flavorfull.Special Features: