Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar
519 Main Street
Covington, KY 41011Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bouquetrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 859-491-7777x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday & Monday: closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Executive Chef: Stephen Williams
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar
Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar, located in the heart of Mainstrasse Village in Covington, opened its doors in the fall of 2007 under the ownership of Chef Stephen Williams. Bouquet offers the unique experience of fine dining in a cozy and intimate atmosphere, serving a seasonal menu of contemporary American cuisine, which features fresh and locally grown ingredients. Recently presented with an Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator Magazine, we have an extensive list of over 200 wines from around the globe. Come and enjoy a glass of wine and dine with us, and see what you have been missing!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Covington, KY ›
Bouquet Restaurant and Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (97)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (70)romantic (61)notable wine list (59)great for outdoor dining (28)hot spot (16)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent Food!!AmyZDined on 9/26/2014Food is wonderful! Wine list us one of the best in the area. Also, a terrific place is you need gluten-free or vegetarian options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an outstanding experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/25/2014Stephen Williams and his entire crew both FOH and BOH gave us an exquisite dining experience that I will not soon forget. From the time we walked in the front door, we were warmly welcomed, promptly given our choice of tables and then given a breathtaking meal. The pairing of marksbury farm and those chefs produced the sexiest pork chop I've ever had. Thank you ladies and gentlemen BouquetSpecial Features:
- Terrific!Musix40VIPDined on 9/20/2014We went on a Saturday night and really enjoyed it. Despite the table for four near the kitchen door which was a little distracting and surprising since I made my reservation on Open Table way in advance - the service was great and the dinner was one of the best I've had out in a long time. Everyone raved about their dinners - I had the best chicken dish I have ever had and the appetizers were great. The cost was reasonable as well. I would recommend it - just don't get the table by the kitchen door - have them seat you near the front of the room.Special Features:
- Perfect AnniversaryHappyTwosomeDined on 9/20/2014The service here is exceptional, from the moment we entered until we left. Our waitress was friendly, very knowledgable about the menu items, and the food was supurbe. Our only disappointment was the choice of soups. A curried carrot bisque and a cold gaspaccio. Both too exotic for my husband who loves a good hot soup appitizer. Maybe add a third, more traditional choice? The steak entree was generous, cooked perfectly, and the accompanying potato and vegetable offering delicious. This was our first visit and we will return often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely deliciousLynnVIPDined on 9/13/2014The menu is always interesting - local, fresh and always with a creative flair. We have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First ExperienceWinerVIPDined on 9/12/2014We had never even heard of Bouquet before, but after reading about it in the Open Table newsletter, decided to go there for a family celebration. We are glad that we went. Bouquet is small, but that makes it fairly quiet so you can have a conversation easily. The service was excellent. Bouquet's wine list is not voluminous, but has some very high quality offerings. The menu, likewise, doesn't have dozens of items, but there is still good variety. I had an excellent heirloom tomato gazpacho with cornmeal croutons as a starter and a perfectly cooked pork chop as my entreé. My wife enjoyed some delicious salmon and our daughter had a really nice piece of steak. The spice berry-brownie trifle was unusual and tasty as well. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceSlowFoodDined on 9/6/2014Beef and pork meat quality was great! The cooking of the meats valued their excellent raw quality. Excellent gazpacho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice night. Great fooddrrunDined on 9/5/2014Made reservations. I was called by Bouquet informing me that Octoberfest would close some streets and where to park because of crowd. Thoughtful. Seated promptly. Great service. Friendly, knowledgeable, and patient. Food excellent. Salmon fresh and flavorful. Tried squash blossom small plate. Delicious combination. Made for enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Explosion of subtle flavorsRobertBDined on 9/5/2014From the first spoonful of chilled tomato basil soup, our tastebuds stood at attention. Pesto stuffed squash blossoms followed with equal admiration. Each dish (we like to share) had us giving each other that "wow!" look, as nuance after nuance was discovered, with every bite taken. What a wonderful treat Bouquet has been and continues to be. The menu changes as the kitchen discovers new and more memorable ways to entice and please their clientele. If you're ready for unexpected smiles to come upon your face, try their offerings, you'll be happy you did.Special Features:
- So glad we crossed the river!UKinCincyDined on 9/2/2014We were looking for a restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday while visiting family from the UK. Wanted somewhere with character and great food which is what we found at Bouquet. Great service, lovely atmosphere. Menu was small..I like that as it usually means everything is fresh and well prepared. ..and it was. Very good wine list, something for all tastes and budgets. You'll need to book..this little gem is worth a visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in Northern KY!4fordinnerDined on 8/30/2014We've been checking out good places to eat in Cincy, but had not found anyplace across the river. Bouquet turned out to be on par with the best trendy restaurants in Cincy! Happy we found it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always excellentnanaDined on 8/29/2014the cheese tray appetizer is awesome the pork chops are some of the best ever the burger is averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic MealvogelapVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had a fantastic meal at Bouquet this week. Three of us enjoyed a wide variety of dishes, each carefully prepared with local ingredients. The Chef and team are focused on using local ingredients and presenting them beautifully and simply. The room is warm, inviting, and not so-packed with tables that you feel like you're sharing a meal with diners seated next to you.Special Features:
- Great foodChaos68VIPDined on 8/22/2014Everything tasted great. Been here a number of times and never had something I didn't likeSpecial Features:
- jmariejmarieDined on 8/22/2014I brought my sister to Bouquet for a birthday dinner. She thoroughly enjoyed her entire experience. She commented that the food was the best she had tasted in a very long time. The food, wine, dessert and service was exceptional. Definitely recommend Bouquet for fine dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Date NightredheadmomDined on 8/22/2014Hubby and I were looking for a place to 'celebrate' our first weekend night as empty nesters. I kept hearing Bouquet was good, but I had no idea how good. We had early reservations (6pm) because we were also seeing a show. When we arrive the place was half empty and we were seated right away. Our server (female - sorry I forgot your name) was fantastic! She explained the whole menu and gave us excellent recommendations. I told her I would love to try the gespacho, but didn't want a whole bowl, so she brought me a cup - on the house - AMAZING - fresh, flavorful and light. Also notable were the VERY fresh vegetables with every course and the miso ginger sauce with the halibut. Hubby loved his pork chop as well. Highly Recommend.Special Features:
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/21/2014There's a guy in the kitchen by the name of Kyle and he knows how to treat you. As for the food if I could id never leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Thank you for a very special evening. The service and food I would recommend to all.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC...memorable experience!!!HissettsDined on 8/16/2014We were on our way to Carnegie to see Sweeney Todd - a co-worker told me about Bouquet so we made a reservation....and are we soooo glad we did. One of our favorites in years! We will be regulars from here on out! Our server was awesome....introduced us to an amazing wine ... dinner was presented beautifully ... and beyond delicious. Ambience was delightful. Quite, intimate and pure delight.Special Features:
- Effort was evidentChewwellDined on 8/15/2014Food was good and effort was evident in the staff. I like to be in a place that people care about what they do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine and convenientseenitallVIPDined on 8/12/2014Top to bottom, this is a very nice place. Good food, very nice service and an elegant southern atmosphere set the scene for a great evening. Convenient parking and close to downtown Cincinnati, I will return when I am next in the area.Special Features:
- SuperbPlanetrvlDined on 8/9/2014This restaurant is consistently excellent. I eat at this restaurant any time I am in town. The food and service is 5 starSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- highly recommendedPALLDined on 8/9/2014Bouquet is indeed a hidden gem. The atmosphere is great, the food excellent.Special Features:
- RonkDined on 8/9/2014A great spot for dinner with friends. Dinner was excellent and service was top notch. We were greeted warmly by the GM and bar tnder . We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bouquet RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Excellent restaurant and our party of eight was treated royally. Food was absolutely delicious!!!! Thank you Josh and Barbara.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for the Discerning PalateAngelFoodCakeDined on 8/6/2014I really enjoy dining at Bouquet. The menu changes seasonally and their specials are unlike any you find in the city. I had the squash blossoms and Alaskan halibut. Both were incredibly tasty and flavorful. I greatly appreciate the flavor profiles at Bouquet and think the chef has a great knack for bringing out the best in each dish's natural flavors.Special Features:
- EnjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/2/2014A great dining experience. The friendly service and excellent food is a winning combination.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceHubertHumphreyDined on 8/1/2014The food and service at Bouquet are both top notch. The menu is mostly locally-sourced and has a nice selection of entrees, including a vegetarian tofu dish that is very flavorful. The wine list is excellent and there is a respectable craft beer selection as well. Service is friendly and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Place is greatPlanetrvlDined on 7/26/2014This restaurant is great.. Great food and very consistent. I have eaten there 4 times and have had something different each time. Everything is prepared to perfection and the wait staff is excellent! I will continue to dine there as long as my travels take me through that town.Special Features:
- Wonderful evening!theIvesDined on 7/25/2014Our dining experience at Bouquet was wonderful! The cheese plate was the perfect starter - giving us time to enjoy nibbling and great cocktails. The tomato salad was perfection, pairing local fresh cherry tomatoes with shaved Parmesan and fruit. We could have eaten several each! The main courses were divine, though one steak was undercooked. No problem at all! It was re-done and came out perfectly cooked. And the chef "made good" on the kitchen's gaffe. We definitely recommend Bouquet for any occasion or no occasion at all. It is our favorite of all of the Mainstrasse restaurants - hands down!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cmacVIPDined on 7/22/2014Wonderful dinner of local fresh food! We had chicken and pork chops. The sauces on each made them amazing. A nice bottle of wine and it was a perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvthisplaceDined on 7/19/2014We dined at Bouquet with our son & his fiancé celebrating their engagement. The atmosphere was great, the food was wonderful and our server very attentive. Would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bouquet continues to ShinejerryVIPDined on 7/15/2014We have been here before. The food is great and the service is special. I highly recommend for someone seeking a great time in Northern Kentucky. Chef Stephen Williams is one of top chefs in this area.Special Features:
- AmazingDelishdreamDined on 7/12/2014The food here is amazing. We are big foodies and I absolutely love this restaurant. What a great find!! One of the small plates I had used squash blossoms with amaranth flower; creative and delicious! A true dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatFoodieFiascoDined on 7/12/2014I had dined at Bouquet previously and was impressed but the last visit wasn't so stellar. Service was a bit slow and unfortunately our entrees were not very good. I had the pork chop and my husband had the duck - mine was overcooked and his was under-cooked. The salads were definitely the standouts - a squash blossom special and the heirloom tomato, both were great. The cheese plate with two meats was pretty expensive with generic offerings for the price. The bread pudding as also average and the apricot sauce tasted like baby food! The ambiance is nice but we did feel a bit neglected on the service front and there was no one else upstairs. For the price you pay, I expect a little more from a dining experience so not sure if we'll be back.Special Features:
- Perfect date nightPeterAmandaDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I have been wanting to visit Bouquet since they opened and this past weekend we finally had our date night plans come together. When we arrived, Sybilka showed us to our table and for the rest of the evening she made our evening perfect! Having heard so much about the food, we decided to not open our menus and instead leave the course selections to Sybilka. It was amazing! just the few minutes we had spoken it seemed she knew our style and palate perfectly. The food was amazing and perfectly prepared, but the service was above and beyond. A perfect balance of checking on our needs and giving us time to talk (it was date night after all). We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice but too way too expensiveShyGirl50Dined on 7/12/2014The restaurant was very nice and we had a very good time. Our service was very good. The food was good but it is very expensive for what you get. The cheese plate that I ordered included 6 bite size pieces of cheese, 6 crackers, 1/4 c of pistachio relish and a smear of seasonal jam. Again, everything tasted great but it was not worth the $15 price. IF I recommend the restaurant to anyone I will make sure to tell them that it is good but very over priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentPlanetrvlDined on 7/12/2014This restaurant is a hidden little gem with excellent food a service. I have been there 3 times now and intend on going back again when I next visit this city.Special Features:
- Nice dinnerKywildcatsVIPDined on 7/11/2014This was our first visit to Bouquet. I love the atmosphere on Main Street; the outdoor dining setting is really nice. The food was good, but in my opinion the entrees could have used more seasoning and maybe a sauce - our two entrees were both missing something. Our soups and salads were quite good. We did not have dessert, although the dessert menu was appealing. We will likely dine here again, but I will opt for an appetizer instead of an entree.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dinner!DiscriminatingDinerDined on 7/11/2014Our dinner was exceptionally good and the service was outstanding. The halibut and duck were delicious along with the kale salad which was split for us. The menu was varied and interesting. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features: