1 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boulevardrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4155436084
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm; Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nancy Oakes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boulevard
Since its opening in 1993, Boulevard restaurant has been hailed as one of the best restaurants in San Francisco. Created in partnership with designer Pat Kuleto, the elegant, yet warm and welcoming interior of Boulevard is the essence of the Belle Époque style. It is a glorious setting for Chef Nancy Oakes hearty, flavorful, beautiful cuisine. American regional flavors, French influenced style, enthralling design, form the entire experience at Boulevard. Located in the heart of the San Francisco's revived waterfront area, the historic Audiffred Building is the ideal home for Boulevard. Among many wards received, Boulevard was proud to announce being granted the James Beard Award for Outstanding Restaurant 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boulevard reviews from OpenTable diners
501 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (339)special occasion (328)romantic (207)notable wine list (191)scenic view (118)great for lunch (115)hot spot (113)neighborhood gem (103)good for groups (65)vibrant bar scene (63)great for brunch (18)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (11)great for outdoor dining (6)Show More
- Food yes- Service noJohnDined on 9/27/2014While not quite a regular, I frequent Boulevard more than any other restaurant, and it was among my 2 favorite, if not my most favorite place to dine. My Special guests from out of town felt "tolerated" by the waiter. Seems something was off with him. It was subtle, but we all felt it. I wish I knew the name so that I can request to not have him next time. Better yet, I can go somewhere else with my money.Special Features:
- Thank you!GnRIDined on 9/26/2014Thank you to Boulevard for making our anniversary so special!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulevard still rulesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/25/2014We had the occasion to host family members from Philadelphia, a food mecca these days, and chose Boulevard for lunch based on reputation, previous experience and easy on-off for Bay Bridge. We were not disappointed. From stuffed squash blossoms as appetizers through scallops, sword fish and a very sophisticated take on turf and surf and ending with outstanding desserts, the occasion was a great success. Valet parking is a bit tricky, but worth the effort. Jenna provided outstanding service throughout our extended luncheon. Highly recommendedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedCraigDined on 9/24/2014We met the owner in Napa and we very exited to try her food. We tried all different things and they were all very bland and nothing we would order again.
- Blvd is SpecialBreezyLDined on 9/24/2014Booking a reservation and getting a decent seat is the hardest part. We arrived for our very early 5:30 reservation, the place was empty, but they sat us right next to another couple. All the "view" seats were empty for almost an hour. We had a cocktail, appetizer, and a very expensive bottle of wine. Our meals were exquisite, lamb and quail. For dessert the pastry chef added a nice happy anniversary touch. This was a very special evening. Thank goodness we had a gift card, this place is way out our price range. The City is doing just fine...this place was packed by the time we left.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulevard always pleases.GuiseppeVIPDined on 9/24/2014We enjoyed an early dinner after a matinee at the Orpheum Theatre. Our table was just what we had requested and the food selections were , as always, enticing. Our server was very adept at describing the dishes we were interested in and gave us good direction in planning our meal. We even succumbed to dessert, butterscotch pudding. YUM! We have previously enjoyed both lunches and dinners at Boulevard and certainly will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific foodWaldoDined on 9/24/2014The food was prepared excellent. Timely fashion. Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A treatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014The atmosphere at Boulevard is old world fantastic. Our server was patient, as we were catching up and talking quite a bit before ordering. He did not bother us or try to take our order before we were ready. The food was very good and well presented. Our valet had our cars parked right in front when we departed.Special Features:
- Special place for special guestsHarrisonDined on 9/23/2014I love the creative, changing menu selections at Boulevard. Sometimes the ingredients don't sound as if they would go well together, but they always do. The wait staff is very knowledgeable about all the menu items and gives good advice. I also like that they don't push people towards the most expensive wines on the list. It is an expensive place to eat: a recent dinner for 4 with two bottles of lower-priced wine cost $600, including tip. But it's worth the price for entertaining special guests, especially out-of-towners, who won't find this style and quality anywhere else.Special Features:
- WHAT HAPPENED TO BOULEVARD?born2eatVIPDined on 9/23/2014I have been to Boulevard 25-30 times, and it has always been my very favorite restaurant in San Francisco, but NOT THIS TIME. Whereas in the past it was difficult to select from among many wonderful, mouth-watering choices, this time it was difficult to find anything to our liking, that of my two guests and myself.. The main item might have been all right, but by the time the chef got through adding herbs and spices the flavor of it was lost. The restaurant seems to have gotten away from the quality for which it was so well known. Also, the soup and our entrees were at best room temperature, and this is not what I expect from a first class restaurant. Our lunch was a HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT.
- fabulousbellaDined on 9/22/2014We were there to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary and it did not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotmccalmoVIPDined on 9/21/2014We had not been to B for quite a while but recently chose to go as we have moved to the neighborhood. It remains a wonderful dining option. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- very special placekgvampDined on 9/21/2014My boyfriend and I went to Boulevard for a fancy evening out. The food and the service was fantastic. The staff was very helpful, kind and knowledgeable. We would definitely love to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to dine in the cityWeirdHaroldDined on 9/21/2014We have dined here many times in the past and will return. We like the location and the atmosphere and especially the food and service. The consistency of the overall quality of the restaurant is what brings us back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San FranjlovestoeatDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant is a regular stop for us when we visit San Fran. Delicious, delicious food. Of course, loved the bread and dessert (butterscotch pudding to die for). Great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious from start to finish!DoctorRVIPDined on 9/20/2014We had a wonderful Birthday dinner for my wife. All the courses were memorable, cooked to perfection and the service was flawless. Couldn't ask for more!Special Features:
- Some of the best food in SFjeffDined on 9/19/2014Great service, excellent food, and really not all that expensive. Will be a date night stand-by from this point forward.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dldaveDined on 9/19/2014This is simply a great restaurant. From a gracious and efficient staff to great food and atmosphere, they've managed to do it all the right way. This was truly a high spot in our trip to SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!JamesDined on 9/18/2014If you are looking for a quality experience, this is the place for you. Even the busboy asked us how everything was and if we needed anything. Great service. The food was better than I expected. The calamari, the lamb, even the desserts, all FANTASTIC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/18/2014Menu on open table very different from actual menu. Disappointed.
- Boulevard RestaurantJuHuDined on 9/18/2014We brought our out of town guests here for lunch. They were impressed by the historic building and interesting interior of the restaurant. Our meal was delicious and perfect for lunch. Service was slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A memorable mealFrugalGastronomeVIPDined on 9/17/2014My wife described this experience as the best restaurant meal she's ever had. We had an early reservation so the table was ready. Wines by the glass were excellent. The server knew them. He was friendly, attentive, and could discuss the menu. The oysters were small but tasty. My caprese was 5 different heirloom tomato varieties and burrata as well as mozzarella under the olive oil. My wife had the crab, melon and avocado salad. When my wife debated getting the lamb instead of the quail just to get the squash blossoms coming with it, our server offered to bring them with the quail. (We got charged for a side, which was fine.) I had the halibut - fresh, perfectly cooked. We split the butterscotch dessert. Everything was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionPeggyDined on 9/16/2014Boulevard last Tuesday evening was Perfection. From my martini to the gnocchi appetizer to the DUCK(!) to the s'mores dessert-Perfection. Food that was Beautiful to look at and Delicious to eat. Excellent service without being intrusive. 5 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great roomMal1Dined on 9/15/2014If you can request seating up front at night the bridge view is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday PartyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/14/2014I enjoyed everything, however I would have liked to have a view. I did request a view when I made reservation.Special Features:
- Grumpy ServertahoelocalDined on 9/13/2014We have dined at Boulevard several times, again we were not disappointed with the food-FANTASTIC! But we had a very weird interaction with our server. We brought a VERY nice(an expensive)Cabernet Sauvignon with us. She started to pour into white the wine glasses already on the table and I asked for red wine glasses. The server came back with different white wine glasses and acted very put-out? I thought maybe she didn't know the difference, but then I saw her pouring red wine into red wine glasses at the table across from us, kind of weird. Also the server never asked how our dinner was and when we needed something had to ask the busperson. It was my husbands BDay & our Anniversary so this put a little damper on the festivities :(Special Features:
- SueSusanDined on 9/11/2014So glad we settled on Boulevard for our final dinner in San Francisco. It was wonderful. I liked the fact that the menu was somewhat limited. It really meant that they took great care in preparing and presenting the food. We accepted the suggestions of our waiter and were very pleased. The lamb was off the bone and perfectly prepared as was the pork. Order the appetizers...they were beautiful and delicious. Professional wait staff. We brought a great bottle of wine . The corkage fee was only $25 so a great deal. All in all it was a great night.Special Features:
- Excellent as EverreturnvisitorDined on 9/11/2014Arrived and were seated immediately at our reservation time. First course of a composed crab salad was absolutely spectacular: presentation and taste to die for. My guest's salmon and my sword fish were also beautifully presented and were absolutely excellent in every way. The swordfish was served on a bed of octopus sauced risotto that was amazing. The service was unobtrusive, and everything was taken care of exactly as one would wish for. Our table was right by the open kitchen where the food was being produced and it was noisy enough that conversation required effort. The room was totally filled and the energy level was very high. It was clear that everyone was having a wonderful time. I'm not really complaining, but it was loud!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KabobDined on 9/11/2014We live in Los Altos and went to Boulevard for a special occasion with high expectations. We were surprised as, other than a nice table with a decent view and good service, there was nothing special about their food:-( My wife said we should not go back. She had the Calamari appetizer. It was one of the strangest and worst calamari dishes we have ever had!!! I had the soft shell crab and it was just ok. Our dinner entrees where just ok as well. There much better restaurants closer to home.
- Great dinner in Downtown San Fran.HungryfoodieVIPDined on 9/11/2014My husband wanted to take me to Boulevard after dining there several times for business. We booked an early dinner because reservations were so popular. The wine list was terrific. Our food was beautiful and delicious. Maryland crab appetizer was outstanding. My halibut dinner was generous in portion and cooked perfectly. Our server was efficient, helpful and fun. We would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable dinnerproetzDined on 9/10/2014We reserved only 2 days in advance, so we didn't expect such an outstanding dinner, although reviews were promising. Excellent value for money. We were recommended one of the best Chardonnays we ever tasted - at a moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonDDined on 9/9/2014Surely bartender. Slow service at the bar. Otherwise, friendly and excellent service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful table and great service. Our anniversary was made special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KingVIPDined on 9/8/2014The ambience, food, and service of this fabulous San Francisco restaurant is amazing and always exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- Phenomenal!piquayVIPDined on 9/7/2014I've been to Boulevard many times. This time I brought my sister and her family who got to experience it of the first time. Everyone ordered something different - and everything was incredible! We had a great cab franc and we enjoyed watching the light show on the Bay Bridge. Our server Francesca was very knowledgable and attentive to our needs - and very engaging too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at BoulevardJimTDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our final night in San Francisco at Boulevard. Wonderful food, service, and ambiance in a beautifully restored building. I thought it was worthy of the hype and well worth the expenseSpecial Features:
- Great time at BoulevardgoodfoodorbustDined on 9/5/2014Took the girlfriend here for her birthday, and was happily surprised that the waitstaff read the open-table note and wished her a happy birthday when we walked in and with a candle and edible note on the dessert. The food was great of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service Outdid Amazing FoodWINEODined on 9/5/2014We were sat in one of the "bad tables" right in front of door. I am in the industry but I didn't want to complain. It was my treat to my parents. Appetizers were amazing. The Main Shrimp and Lobster Ravioli were light yet filling. Main entrées were great. The filet was spot on point cooked a perfect medium. The corn and mashed potatoes were exceptional. The halibut was fresh and light. Desserts were okay. The "smores" didn't come together like they should. The summer berry crisp was better. The service though was less than par. I felt like we were a burden. He rarely came by and when we would ask for another round he seemed like it was more work for him. We saw the busser more than him and I felt like we judged like we wouldn't tip.Special Features:
- STILL GREATpaulVIPDined on 9/4/2014STILL SUPERB AFTER ALL THESE YEARS GREAT FOOD AND SUPER SERVICE AND ALL AT A REASONABLE PRICE ONE OF THE NICER ROOMS IN THE CITYSpecial Features:
- Glorious in every way!TeacherTeacherDined on 9/4/2014Service, food and atmosphere are all state of the art. The choreography of servers, chefs and staff is a joy to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.