1 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boulevardrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4155436084
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm; Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nancy Oakes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boulevard
Since its opening in 1993, Boulevard restaurant has been hailed as one of the best restaurants in San Francisco. Created in partnership with designer Pat Kuleto, the elegant, yet warm and welcoming interior of Boulevard is the essence of the Belle Époque style. It is a glorious setting for Chef Nancy Oakes hearty, flavorful, beautiful cuisine. American regional flavors, French influenced style, enthralling design, form the entire experience at Boulevard. Located in the heart of the San Francisco's revived waterfront area, the historic Audiffred Building is the ideal home for Boulevard. Among many wards received, Boulevard was proud to announce being granted the James Beard Award for Outstanding Restaurant 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boulevard reviews from OpenTable diners
495 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (324)special occasion (316)romantic (205)notable wine list (182)great for lunch (122)scenic view (121)neighborhood gem (95)hot spot (95)good for groups (59)vibrant bar scene (57)great for brunch (23)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Consistently ExcellentSFdinerDined on 8/19/2014Unique is the high standard of experience that Boulevard delivers. Great wait staff, well prepared California cuisine. The special porcini mushroom appetizer is packed with flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- East Bay LocalOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2014Since I work in the City and live in the East Bay, I had yet to make it to Boulevard until recently. I took a friend to dinner on a Monday night fairly early. By seven the restaurant was full. The food was delicious, we had the scallops appetizer, beet salad, lamb and swordfish and dessert. The service was prompt and even better solicitous without being overly familiar or cold. We were two women and treated as nicely as the table of four clearly well-heeled business diners entertaining international guests. My friend wanted a certain kind of chocolate desert that was not on the menu and the waiter offered to ask the kitchen to come close to that. Wow! A great evening altogether!Special Features:
- Just ordinaryDutchPeterDined on 8/18/2014Bearing in mind that this restaurant has a Michelin Star, we were a bit disappointed. We visited this restaurant before 2 yrs ago, and the food was much much better. Not that it was bad this time, but it just did not meet the quality you may expect from a Michelin Star restaurant!Special Features:
- VERY GOOD, BUT A LITTLE OFF TONIGHTFoodiesGaloreVIPDined on 8/17/2014This One Star Michelin rated restaurant located within a beautiful landmark building, offers a stunning interior, created by Pat Kuleto. Street parking is not bad, but take advantage of their Valet ! We ordered a fantastic bottle of the Rafanelli Zin, Dry Creek Valley ($68) - what a deal ! The SEA SCALLOPS ($19) included 3 small scallops, but very good * The evening special was Risotto with Truffles = Amazing!!! * The ANGUS FILET MIGNON ($48) was Excellent * My favorite Berkshire Pork Prime Rib Chop ($37) was good, although a little dry tonight . . . so that with a waiter that was also a little off = 4 stars for this evening, not 5. As we know, restaurants can have off nights, as our last experience (earlier this year) was Phenomenal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Wine, Great Appetz, Good foodarunDined on 8/16/2014Busy..even at 10pm in the night. I don't mean the restaurant. Even the bar in which you have to wait for the table. We got a table with a great view..that's a nice experience for first timers. Appetizers were really good (abalone?). Great Pinot Noir Wine. We ordered lamb, beef and pork :). Lamb was the best. Pork/Beef - we thought it was just OK. (This is my second fine dining experiment and i am not an expert on beef/pork. So take this Indian guy's review with a pinch of salt). Dessert menu had ONLY ice cream based items. Ambiance was nice. Service was excellent. Recommended (little overpriced).Special Features:
- Wonderful dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2014Went with some friends on a friday night, and the food was terrrific (they had lamb, I had halbut - both great). They were also very accomodating when we asked about gluten free options, and when the server heard he'd have to leave the fried tomotoes off of the lamb dish, he checked with the chef, who made them gluten free so my friends were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Food--Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Reception: I was greeted by name, they noted my request for a booth, the four of us were seated immediately at 6:00pm. Food: Appetizer and Main Course Selection was interesting and varied, the food excellent. East Coast friends enjoyed the local, fresh food. Dessert: Very tasty, but warning--the bon bon is one very small bite on a stick. We had a laugh over it, but it was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- touristtouristDined on 8/14/2014Great food, pretty noisy for lunch. definitely would go back, expensive but a fun SF experienceSpecial Features:
- The boulevardGrammandDunnDined on 8/13/2014Great food a staple of san Fransico and the food is always the best in townSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!ShanDined on 8/13/2014I've been here many times before, but took a friend from out of town there for dinner. Great place. You can't have a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, view, service.Mcf96VIPDined on 8/13/2014I've been a fan of Boulevard since it opened 1993. The decor, food, service and overall experience has always been great and consistent throughout the years. Perhaps I'm a bit nostalgic but I'm so happy that Boulevard has stayed it's course in delivery quality food and service.Special Features:
- ThomasDined on 8/11/2014Many people recommended this restaurant for us and we were not disappointed. The food was fantastic and the environment was nice and friendly. We loved dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solidly good mealsffoodieDined on 8/10/2014No disappointments; on the other hand, no spectacular tastes. We enjoyed the swordfish and salmon entrees; both prepared well, nicely presented, and decent portions. Dessert was excellent, and again, beautifully presented. Our service was generally attentive though it felt somewhat rote--I had to ask the server to explain some things (such as the various ingredients in the dessert) which he did, but without much enthusiasm. Still, a good experience and we would go back.Special Features:
- notinahurrynotinahurryDined on 8/9/2014saturday evening dining at 5:45pm was expecting a hurried meal for second seating but there was no such. waiter was very attentive and accomodating for our first experience. we enjoyed each others company without pressure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bypassDined on 8/8/2014It was a busy night, which helps set the vibe, but the service seemed over whelmed, so probably under manned.Special Features:
- Still one of the best in the CityCowHollowLocalDined on 8/8/2014We took out-of-town guests to dinner at Boulevard after a multiyear absence, and were very pleasantly surprised by how well the meal quality has been maintained and evolved over the years. It is still straight forward high-end American cuisine, but if anything a little lighter, fresher and more unique to keep up with sophistication in tastes. The only objection was that the seating - at least in the booths - is on the tight side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yummy food & fabulous waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/8/2014Shared the ahi tuna appetizer-perfect.Husbands had pork chops & loved them.Wives had quail=divine.Ordered several desserts.All were good,but the butterscotch was crazy delicious.Waiter, Dennis M., deserves A+ credit.He was, in every way, perfect.A good deal of our positive experience is due to his guidance.2 reasons we're not rating 5 stars:1.OpenTable rez was very specific about req a window table, & I followed-up with a phone call to reiterate.When we arrived,we were seated on the upper section as far away from the windows as possible.This was irksome given our rez was at 5:45 p.m. & most of the tables were empty, yet we were sat far away from the window.2.A large group of people with screaming babies & children were seated right by us.Special Features:
- Wonderful Birthday Celebration!chrismDined on 8/7/2014We went here for my boyfriend's birthday and the dinner was great. Such a nice evening!Special Features:
- SerafinaDined on 8/7/2014The food was good, but not good as my past experiences. My niece had to send her filet mignon back because it was undercooked. When the new one arrived, it was nothing special, not worth the $48.00 price. My pork chop was fine, not great. Overall, a good, but not memorable dining experience.Special Features:
- PerfectJohnDined on 8/6/2014Boulevard surpassed my expectations on this visit. Everything was right, without calling attention to itself. Amazing special beginning with Tazmanian Truffle of all things. Wow. Perfect suggested wine pairing and conscientious, pleasant service. It was a perfect evening with my family. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Lunch for a Special DayBallandChainDined on 8/5/2014We dinned at Boulevard after we spending the bulk of the morning at City Hall getting married. The view was great, the food was amazing and the service was on point. It is a bit pricey, but not as bad as I've experience elsewhere. Definitely recommend for a special occasion or day, call ahead and let them know what you are celebrating and they will make extra arrangements for you.Special Features:
- TerrificTillyDined on 8/4/2014Food & atmosphere was outstanding in this beautiful & historic building. My teenage children loved it the most.Special Features:
- Ten starsMe2014Dined on 8/3/2014I would say that was my best dinner. And I've seen a lot including 3 stars Michelin rated places. Abalone was the best by far. May be I should move to San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ELR1Dined on 8/3/2014Great food and service as always. You get what you pay for!!Special Features:
- Always GreatTroyDined on 8/3/2014I've been to Boulevard twice now, separated by a span of several years, and what struck me this latest time is how good it really is. While other restaurants chase trends, they quietly go about their business of turning out wonderful executed food, in a great location with fantastic ambiance. Their wine list is really nice, especially their French Bordeaux and Burgundy selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night outEatsoutalotDined on 8/2/2014We were visiting San Francisco and everyone said that we should try Boulevard. We got a reservation (for later in the evening, which was fine) and it was well worth the wait. The staff was very accommodating to my wife's dietary restrictions that makes ordering straight off the menu nearly impossible and the food was excellent. The wait staff was very personable and thoroughly enjoyed our evening.Special Features:
- Got Up and LeftCNSCDined on 8/2/2014Our anniversary fell on a Saturday for the first time since our wedding. We decided to spend it out at Boulevard. Arriving for our 6:30 reservation we were promptly seated at a table right next to the entry door with an excellent view of the reception station. The table was bad, no doubt about that. We weren't going to leave because of it. However after almost 20 minutes of sitting without even water being brought to the table we decided to go. Honestly, we couldn't have been happier with the decision to leave. The result was a wonderful experience over at Epic Roasthouse.
- Excellent night. A top restaurant.CharlieDined on 8/2/2014Each dish was excellent. Wine was good yet pricy wine list.Special Features:
- Superb!!SuperbDined on 8/2/2014My favorite restaurant in SF. The food is absolutely delicious.Special Features:
- Great restaurantMahwahDined on 8/2/2014We were recommended to go here by my travel agent. The great service and wine collection really impressed us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great but...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Food, wine, service, view all outstanding. But noise level bad, and exit crowding and homeless lurking around uncomfortable. Need bouncer and doormen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- barryaustinDined on 7/31/2014Boulevard came highly reommended and it did not disappoint. We came just at the time the kitchen was closing but they accomodated us. Fabulous table with a view of the bay bridge to go along with great service and world class food.Special Features:
- A San Francisco GEMSunsetGirlDined on 7/30/2014food divine and wonderful service, while speaking to server it discovered we lived in the same neighborhood. a quick discussion of neighborhood food favorites ensued. This was a milestone birthday night out and this added touch topped off the evening. Now enjoying their recommendations closer to home. Oh. when restaurant called to confirm reservation it was mentioned it was for a birthday. After our meal a surprise scoop of ice-cream was delivered with marzipan wishes. a very sweet touch.Special Features:
- Always excellent.Evergreen888Dined on 7/30/2014I just love this place - the food is always outstanding and creative. I could eat here every day and never tire of it. On this occasion, I had the corn soup (so delicious) and a salad that had cucumbers, grapes, shredded mint, a citrus dressing, and goat cheese - it was perfect. Also have to rave about the warm summer berry crisp - better than I have ever had - not too sweet, beautiful fresh berries, lovely presentation. Wow.Special Features:
- BoulevardJBH2VIPDined on 7/29/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner at the Boulevard. Timely seating with a great view of the Bay Bridge. Food, Wine and Service was exemplary! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/29/2014The dinner was overall very good but not as at the same level as in the past. My main course was not fully cooked and even the second time had to be sent back. They did not start over and should have. It appeared that the attention to detail was missing. I have previously had great meals at this restaurant and would try again. It could have been an off night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodDionDined on 7/28/2014Amazing food. Amazing quality. So fresh. The ingredients chosen in their dishes allow for a complete explosion of flavor with every bite.Special Features:
- Very ConsistentfitndineVIPDined on 7/28/2014Never a bad meal at BLVD. One of SF favorites. Great scallop, ravioli and beef dishes which is a must. Try their homemade ice cream with caramel sauce....Special Features:
- Top NotcherodineDined on 7/27/2014One of our favorite restaurants in The City. The food, service & atmosphere are always top-notchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodMegTDined on 7/27/2014Great food. With the menu changing daily it is must if in San Fran!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.