1 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.boulevardrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4155436084
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm -10:30pm; Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm -10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Nancy Oakes
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Boulevard
Since its opening in 1993, Boulevard restaurant has been hailed as one of the best restaurants in San Francisco. Created in partnership with designer Pat Kuleto, the elegant, yet warm and welcoming interior of Boulevard is the essence of the Belle Époque style. It is a glorious setting for Chef Nancy Oakes hearty, flavorful, beautiful cuisine. American regional flavors, French influenced style, enthralling design, form the entire experience at Boulevard. Located in the heart of the San Francisco's revived waterfront area, the historic Audiffred Building is the ideal home for Boulevard. Among many wards received, Boulevard was proud to announce being granted the James Beard Award for Outstanding Restaurant 2012.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boulevard reviews from OpenTable diners
492 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (327)special occasion (324)romantic (206)notable wine list (193)scenic view (119)great for lunch (113)hot spot (106)neighborhood gem (93)good for groups (62)vibrant bar scene (58)great for brunch (19)late-night find (17)kid-friendly (12)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- SueSusanDined on 9/11/2014So glad we settled on Boulevard for our final dinner in San Francisco. It was wonderful. I liked the fact that the menu was somewhat limited. It really meant that they took great care in preparing and presenting the food. We accepted the suggestions of our waiter and were very pleased. The lamb was off the bone and perfectly prepared as was the pork. Order the appetizers...they were beautiful and delicious. Professional wait staff. We brought a great bottle of wine . The corkage fee was only $25 so a great deal. All in all it was a great night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014We live in Los Altos and went to Boulevard for a special occasion with high expectations. We were surprised as, other than a nice table with a decent view and good service, there was nothing special about their food:-( My wife said we should not go back. She had the Calamari appetizer. It was one of the strangest and worst calamari dishes we have ever had!!! I had the soft shell crab and it was just ok. Our dinner entrees where just ok as well. There much better restaurants closer to home.
- Great dinner in Downtown San Fran.HungryfoodieVIPDined on 9/11/2014My husband wanted to take me to Boulevard after dining there several times for business. We booked an early dinner because reservations were so popular. The wine list was terrific. Our food was beautiful and delicious. Maryland crab appetizer was outstanding. My halibut dinner was generous in portion and cooked perfectly. Our server was efficient, helpful and fun. We would return again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Most enjoyable dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/10/2014We reserved only 2 days in advance, so we didn't expect such an outstanding dinner, although reviews were promising. Excellent value for money. We were recommended one of the best Chardonnays we ever tasted - at a moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JonDDined on 9/9/2014Surely bartender. Slow service at the bar. Otherwise, friendly and excellent service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/9/2014We had a wonderful table and great service. Our anniversary was made special!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KingVIPDined on 9/8/2014The ambience, food, and service of this fabulous San Francisco restaurant is amazing and always exceeds expectations.Special Features:
- Phenomenal!piquayVIPDined on 9/7/2014I've been to Boulevard many times. This time I brought my sister and her family who got to experience it of the first time. Everyone ordered something different - and everything was incredible! We had a great cab franc and we enjoyed watching the light show on the Bay Bridge. Our server Francesca was very knowledgable and attentive to our needs - and very engaging too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfection at BoulevardJimTDined on 9/6/2014My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed our final night in San Francisco at Boulevard. Wonderful food, service, and ambiance in a beautifully restored building. I thought it was worthy of the hype and well worth the expenseSpecial Features:
- Great time at BoulevardgoodfoodorbustDined on 9/5/2014Took the girlfriend here for her birthday, and was happily surprised that the waitstaff read the open-table note and wished her a happy birthday when we walked in and with a candle and edible note on the dessert. The food was great of course.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Service Outdid Amazing FoodWINEODined on 9/5/2014We were sat in one of the "bad tables" right in front of door. I am in the industry but I didn't want to complain. It was my treat to my parents. Appetizers were amazing. The Main Shrimp and Lobster Ravioli were light yet filling. Main entrées were great. The filet was spot on point cooked a perfect medium. The corn and mashed potatoes were exceptional. The halibut was fresh and light. Desserts were okay. The "smores" didn't come together like they should. The summer berry crisp was better. The service though was less than par. I felt like we were a burden. He rarely came by and when we would ask for another round he seemed like it was more work for him. We saw the busser more than him and I felt like we judged like we wouldn't tip.Special Features:
- STILL GREATpaulVIPDined on 9/4/2014STILL SUPERB AFTER ALL THESE YEARS GREAT FOOD AND SUPER SERVICE AND ALL AT A REASONABLE PRICE ONE OF THE NICER ROOMS IN THE CITYSpecial Features:
- Glorious in every way!TeacherTeacherDined on 9/4/2014Service, food and atmosphere are all state of the art. The choreography of servers, chefs and staff is a joy to watch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulouswoodDined on 9/4/2014We were visiting San Francisco and a friend had recommended this restaurant and suggested we make a reservation. We did and thankfully so as the restaurant opened for dinner at 5:30 and by 6:00 most of the tables were full. We had a wonderful corner window table. The food was outstanding and the service exactly what you want - enough attention but no hovering. Would highly recommend but be sure to make a reservation.Special Features:
- tommytunnelsDined on 9/3/2014As always, the menu is outstanding as well as the knowledge and service of the wait-staff! The food--from salad to dessert-- was perfect. it remains my favorite, high end top choice when I am in San Francisco--whether with business partners or by myself at the counter overlooking the prep area!Special Features:
- Something to rememberRomanticVIPDined on 9/3/2014When you are in San Fransisco, that is one of the places I like to go. I had caprese salad (actually had 2) heirloom tomatoes and house made mozzarella melts in your mouth, scallops we cooked to perfection. Service was right on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What is a "foodie"?MineDined on 9/2/2014Boulevard provides and excellent dining experience. Each course is better than the last! All we need to do is get rid of stupidies from Open Table like "foodies".Special Features:
- Fantastic!Foodie4thoughtDined on 8/31/2014I chose Boulevard for my birthday dinner and it was a perfect celebration. We originally had a table for two along the aisle. When we saw an open table looking out over the Bay Bridge we asked if we could move. Although it was a table for 4, they kindly reseated us in honor of my birthday. The view of the light art installation on the bridge was magical. The food, wine and service were all impeccable. Thank you Boulevard!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeNonnaBonnaDined on 8/31/2014The food and the service were fabulous! We went here to celebrate our anniversary. The menu was interesting and full of flavor!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FlawlessAK19VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great food, excellent service. Will be back soon.Special Features:
- 5* food - 3* atmosphere - too busy!CljhDined on 8/30/2014Booked for our anniversary. We've been there 2-3 times before; it is much bigger and crowded now. No question the food is great - but if you're looking for a romantic dinner for 2 - you're better off going to the Cheesecake Factory - it won't be romantic either, but it will be cheaper! We were there on a Saturday night - but it all felt like they have jammed too many tables in with no space in between.
- Spectacular!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Fabulous food & wine, spectacular evening! It was the perfect place for a special birthday celebration. The waiter was phenomenal - so helpful with suggestions and guidance, and so patient with us. We look forward to returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Always the best dinning experiance when I am in San Fran! Sitting at the Chef counter makes it even more enjoyable! As a side note: If you plan to wear a baseball cap while dinning, try someplace else!Special Features:
- Delicious & amazing serviceJFNYCDined on 8/29/2014Difficult to beat - quite a gem! The food (lobster ravioli and burratta salad being my favorites) was jaw droppingly delicious.Special Features:
- Never disappointslittledog95610Dined on 8/29/2014Boulevard is a great restaurant with an amazing chef. The is fabulous and perfectly portioned. Thanks for understanding that quality is different from quantity. Great food and drink and the service is fantastic. Love Boulevard for any meal.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Good stop but Coulda been better service. Food was good. Not fond of our waiter taking adjacent table order while pouring our wine. Boo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatlemondropsnobDined on 8/28/2014EVERYTHING we had was just wonderful from the delicious lemon drop. caprese salad, crab and avocado salad, halibut and salmon entrees to the amazing butterscotch dessert and a chocolate dessert. Servce was always johnny on the spot!!\Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulevard=OutstandingeatwithmeDined on 8/28/2014Excellent service without getting in the way of our celebration. Food was excellent, surprising to maintain that level of excellence over the years. Amazing.Special Features:
- It's all good!Ddub107Dined on 8/27/2014I made reservations at Boulevard on the advice of another local restaurant. At the time, I thought I was settling for second best in the city. Boulevard blew me away! I had made arrangements to have flowers greet my wife when we were seated - check. I asked for a gorgeous view - check. The service was exceptional, the atmosphere wonderful, and the food was top shelf. I had the chop and it was perfect, perfect, perfect. My wife had the salmon, again, perfect. Go to Boulevard - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:
- San Francisco GemFoodAppreciatorDined on 8/27/2014Boulevard is an outstanding restaurant. The food is superbly prepared and presented. We have been coming here to celebrate our anniversary for many years. The restaurant itself is noisy, but that seems to be the norm these days. If you sit towards the back of the restaurant, especially in the evening, there is a very nice view of the illuminated Bay Bridge and whatever public art work is located near the Ferry Building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- joy of lifejoy2liveDined on 8/27/2014Boulevard is a wonderful place to spoil yourself. On this particular occasion, a birthday celebration, they achieved the perfect balance between noticing the occasion (a chocolate happy birthday banner and candle on the birthday woman's dessert) and making an embarrassing fuss (we would have gone elsewhere for that).Special Features:
- DisappointingCarolineDined on 8/26/2014Lacked the "wow" factor we were looking for. Two of the three appetizers we ordered were down right bland (Buffalo Mozzarella Ravioli and Porcini Mushrooms). Our dinner guest's Halibut was dry and was ultimately sent back to the kitchen. Only star of the night was the service. Will not be going back.
- excellent foodVictDined on 8/26/2014the Boulevard restaurant consistently prepares outstanding dishes with unique flair. The restaurant is loud - you must be prepared to listen carefully and speak loudly... One negative - please discard that rule about making a customer call to verify an open table reservation...if I wanted to or had time to call I wouldn't use the online service! and when I did try to call back from the car driving to my business appointments that morning, the number was busy and then unavailable - I had to call 5 times to assure that my reservation was safe! bad business!Special Features:
- Has Boulevard Slipped?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/25/2014Boulevard sadly was less than average on our last visit from start to end. We waited 20 minutes for our table. No concern had been given for my specific request to accommodate a lactose/gluten free guest. My pork was over cooked and dry. One order was wrong and a guest not served until everyone had finished. Certainly not what we expected.
- Everyone deserves a meal here.distinctivepalateDined on 8/25/2014In our search for a restaurant in San Francisco that pleases everyone, now we have found it. We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with our first visit here. This capped off this event. What a universally spectacular place for an extraordinary meal!! We will be back....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/25/2014It is tradition to celebrate my birthday at Boulevard every year and this year did not let me down. Best Bavette steak ever! Great service! Amazing food! Love! Love! Love!Special Features:
- OkayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014Had some very unique menu items. I'm all for trying new things. Unfortunately none of the flavors were that great. Our waiter highly recommended the tuna. I thought it was okay at best. Ultimately, my last experience at Michael Mina was far better.
- Uneven (2.5 stars)NameVIPDined on 8/24/2014It's about the food here and this night it was somewhat off. The beet salad was excellent - a wonderful mix of flavors and textures. I had the halibut and it was overcooked. I don't think halibut should be dry and stringy. The other non-discernible items on the plate were quite good, however. The mixed berry crisp for dessert was OK: looked nice, a bit static in taste, but nothing particularly exciting or different than any other crisp. Service? Hmm... I think being a single diner has some disadvantageous and in this case, there were periods where I didn't see the primary waiter for a long time. I also found the bus boys/backups intrusive and obtuse. It wasn't a memorable or satisfying dinner. Oh well.
- Wonderful restaurantSuzanneBVIPDined on 8/23/2014Beautiful art deco decor. Our table had a view of the Bay Bridge all lit up. Our waiter was amazing - friendly, funny, attentive, great recommendations. Food and drinks were top notch. Inventive combinations, quality ingredients & beautiful presentation. We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great flavors, wish there was more!LuvOTVIPDined on 8/23/2014Loved the food at this popular SF hotspot however wished there was a bit more. I'm not one who likes BIG plates of food but found the portions so tiny with prices that were not inline with what you receive. My husband's lamb dish was so delicious but was literally two small pieces for about $38. Loved the pork chop but there too, was quite small for the price tag. Service was good but the most attentive was the busboy. Wait staff was nice but absent most of our dinner. Overall we liked it but it will be quite a while before we return. So may other great restaurants with outstanding food too.Special Features: