Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
845 Burrard St
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2K6Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://boulevardvancouver.ca/
- Phone: 6046825511x5144
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alex Chen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can accommodate all parties large or small and it would be our pleasure to cater your event. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room boasts beautiful oak millwork, and spacious grand tables. Your dining experience can be completely or semi private.
- Private Party Contact: Camila Blades 6046825511x5144
- Entertainment: Live piano player nightly
A word from Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
Boulevard is connected to the iconic Gerard Lounge at Sutton Place Hotel in the heart of downtown Vancouver featuring an oyster bar, private dining room and a large outdoor patio. This restaurant is the new showcase for the legendary and artistic fare of Chef Alex Chen. His inspiration comes from French traditions with a respect for the past while staying both current and modern. Our goal is to deliver an ambiance, service and cuisine that speaks of who we are and where we are located.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (21)special occasion (17)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)notable wine list (8)hot spot (8)good for groups (8)great for brunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Birthday DinnerFraserBoyerDined on 8/19/2014Took my mom for her 78th birthday and it was fantastic. Server was a little slow but I don't know if that was the bar speed, the kitchen speed or his speed. The room is spectacular. Great use if a space that was a no-mans land for years.Special Features:
- Excellent and deliciousJmealVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is a great new restaurant that we will definitely be going back to. The service was excellent and the food was delicious and everything had their own unique touch. I look forward to working my way through the rest of the menu at future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/13/2014Def. the new hot spot of Vancouver....similar vibe as Hawksworth and Yew Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best chef in town!danielleowDined on 8/9/2014Boulevard has Vancouver's hottest new chef, Alex Chen! Thanks for bringing class and a new vibe to the city!Special Features:
- Not as good as I hopeFayeDined on 8/3/2014The environment is very pretty and elegant on the high-end side. It's a big dinner room with additional lounge and patio sections. Food were a disappointment. The fresh oysters were awesome though they had nothing to do the chefs skill. Other food items were so-so and nothing special. We paid the premium price but didn't get the premium taste. The service was very attentive and friendly. Food came very slow although our wine and water kept getting refilled. We waited 30 minutes for the entrees to arrive, which was wait too long and unacceptable. Though the server didn't acknowledge that was a problem (not sure if it's a norm there). There are definitely choices out there to satisfy taste buds especially for the price you pay!Special Features:
- Won't ReturnoysterbarDined on 8/2/2014The food was good, but expensive. The dance beat music did not fit the fine dining decor. The service was good, but drink service was very slow even though it was quiet. $4.00 charge for a glass of water is crazy, altough was removed from bill when I complained. Maybe this place will find it's stride eventually, but too many other great restaurants out there to waste my time on again.Special Features:
- Totally disappointedIntheindusrtyDined on 7/26/2014GST member cheerful Server, sweet but gave extremely poor service. Felt like an after thought. Sat for ages with out ordering & empty water glasses No guidance through the menu. Proteins cooked well. Rice was not good at all, mushy in parts, crunchy in others. The one carrot with the pork chop was cut and displayed like a 4 years painting.;( I'm a server in a local high end restaurant and even with my patience and being server accomadating, this was a total disappointment for the $260 I spent.
- Fantastic & Long Overdue ChangeMissVVIPDined on 7/26/2014We live in the neighbourhood and the Sutton was definitely in need of a revamp, and wow, did they deliver. It is beautiful to look at, but even better, the cocktails, food and service are top notch. We sat at the bar (my dining companion had already dined there twice, while this was my first time), the service was very friendly and knowledgeable. The cocktails were really fantastic. Since it is not oyster season, I didn't partake from the oyster bar, but come the fall/winter, I am sure I will be there a lot.Special Features:
- Dinner for 2YleeVIPDined on 7/25/2014Must try new"fine dining" hot spot for dinner & see what they have to offer. Unfortunately we were seated right by the grand piano closest to inside entrance adjoining Sutton Place,it was very loud and we could barely hear each other. I saw a lot of walk in deuces were sat in the banqutte or tables by them maybe next time.We started w/2 cocktails both were summery & refreshing. Appetizers of fresh oysters and chicken wings were ordered,the wings I had to try once but may not order again. Bouillabaisse I always order on any menu was heavy on saffron with 2pcs of lobster,1 prawn, few pcs of rock fish and fennel. Halibut dish with israeli couscous was plated beautifully, however fish was sous vide and my friend would have preferred otherwise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just opened...AnnickVIPDined on 7/25/2014Good food but scarce food. For VIPs or very rich people as this new restaurant is extremely expensive.
- FabulousBrunchVIPDined on 7/23/2014What an improvement over the original hotel restaurant. Stuffed olives were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow -- just WOW!SportyVIPDined on 7/22/2014From the understated luxury of the decor to the service to the food, this is a MUST visit for a very reasonable price. Bubbles, Oysters to start; red wine, white wine, entrees, dessert, port/dessert wine came to $319 per couple, including gratuity. Check it out!Special Features:
- a little disappointingexpatbritVIPDined on 7/18/2014For the last two years, the food at the Sutton Place has been beautifully presented but distinctly lacking in flavour. Things don't seem to have changed with this new restaurant. I ordered a light lunch of mussels-the presentation was amazing, the quality of the mussels was unsurpassed, the overall flavour? "meh", nothing outstanding. Would I order them again? Doubtful. The accompanying bread was cold, hard and dried out. The chef's famous cornbread was unavailable. Believe it or not the butter presentation was spectacular and yet the butter tasted slightly off. Finally, the tables on the Burrard Patio need to be placed against the wall - the deluge of beggars was a bit off-putting. Would I go back? I'll give it one more try.Special Features:
- The following 0 reviews are from the Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar reviews archive.