Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
845 Burrard St
Vancouver, BC V6Z 2K6Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://boulevardvancouver.ca/
- Phone: (604) 682-5511
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Late Night: Monday - Sunday: 11:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Alex Chen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can accommodate all parties large or small and it would be our pleasure to cater your event. Please call the restaurant for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private dining room boasts beautiful oak millwork, and spacious grand tables. Your dining experience can be completely or semi private.
- Private Party Contact: Camila Blades 6046825511x5221
A word from Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar
Boulevard is connected to the iconic Gerard Lounge at Sutton Place Hotel in the heart of downtown Vancouver featuring an oyster bar, private dining room and a large outdoor patio. This restaurant is the new showcase for the legendary and artistic fare of Chef Alex Chen. His inspiration comes from French traditions with a respect for the past while staying both current and modern. Our goal is to deliver an ambiance, service and cuisine that speaks of who we are and where we are located.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (79)special occasion (65)hot spot (44)romantic (43)notable wine list (36)good for groups (33)great for lunch (25)vibrant bar scene (23)great for brunch (15)neighborhood gem (15)great for outdoor dining (12)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Ambiance is disappointingMaryDined on 11/21/2014Music the place was playing was a bit noisy. That's why i just give 3.5 for overall rating.Special Features:
- GirlsoutDined on 11/15/2014Great spot! Love the decor ! Our waiter Nicholas made our evening very easy and comfortable .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!EatwellDined on 11/14/2014Second time back in a week - consistently good service, great food and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick food service, but...AlanRichmanDined on 11/7/2014overall service was slow. There were a couple of times we were left hanging without drinks, alcoholic and otherwise, but food came out quickly. We actually flagged down our server three times, and perhaps it was because we were seated in a corner.Special Features:
- Vancouver's new starRodHVIPDined on 11/7/2014If you are a lover of seafood you have found a new heaven. The food and service are absolutely fantastic, and in my opinion have pushed Boulevard into the top 3, if not top, new Vancouver restaurant. Not to be missed!Special Features:
- JimLBDined on 11/5/2014Sable fish and Bouillabaisse very good. Caesar salad well done!Special Features:
- New hot spot in town!luv2eatVIPDined on 11/4/2014Creative cocktails. Exciting menu. Delicious food. Fresh seafood. Chocolate souffle is amazing. Great ambience. Friendly service. It's a new hit hot spot in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentGoldieVIPDined on 10/29/2014I went by one day and noticed this new restaurant at the Sutton Place Hotel and made a mental note to come and try it. Well I did and I'm glad I made that mental note. The food was excellent and the service was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Vs Noisehope4betterDined on 10/24/2014It is too bad when very good food gets spoiled by excessive noise...to the point that one had trouble hearing one's seatmate ! It certainly spoiled the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sutton has a winner!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/21/2014On a recommendation from a colleague when asked for a nice place to lunch with a friend I hadn't seen in some time, I was looking forward to Boulevard and it did not disappoint. Given only open a few short months, it was lovely to find none of the often found early mistakes in service or food preparation. I chose the quinoa salad with steak which is almost a staple on most menus these days and it was anything but ordinary and the best steak salad I've ever had. The seasoning in the quinoa was tangy and sweet and the addition of pistachios and cranberries was delish. The steak was cooked exactly as I asked, medium rare and was sliced and served perfectly. Topped off with a really good Americano, our lunch was a resounding success!Special Features:
- Slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014It took over 2 hours to get our entrees then we were informed that dinner would be delayed?? After sitting there that long we couldnt sit there anymore so advised them to cancel our order...they were busy but if you go out for dinner you expect to eat! Thank goodness for the JapoDog stand outside!
- Alex Chen starts something greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Boulevard is an excellent spot for a business lunch or romantic dinner. Great food, wine, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Welcome additionRPS8Dined on 10/10/2014Boulevard is a welcome addition to the dining scene in Vancouver. The room decor exudes refined elegance. The service was attentive and unobtrusive. Excellent food and an extensive wine list. Definitely a keeper!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food….!jas604Dined on 10/10/2014Excellent service and Amazing food…. had my first bite and couldn't stop. kept looking at the menu to see what else should I try..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit also splendidChanterelleVIPDined on 10/7/2014Day after first visit after a very long day we returned for a relaxing dinner. Salmon was best ever and signature burger, hand chopped, was scrumptious. A glass of LBV Port again was a perfect dessert.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/7/2014fabulous service, wait staff have excellent menu knowledge. careful preparation of gluten free items. burrata appetizer was tasty but salmon entree was overcooked for my preference.Special Features:
- SplendidChanterelleVIPDined on 10/6/2014Love the experience, service and the food. Steak cooked perfectly, scallops delicious, choc. soufflé amazing perfection, LBV Port for the finish.Special Features:
- BLVDOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Servcie was decent but a little disorganized (perhaps because of recent opening?)...hostess could not find enough menus for all 4 diners at once so we had to share, server was unsure of a few questions we had about the menu/specials and had to get back to us. Overall food was really good. A bit too bright in the dining room, lights needed to be adjusted down.Special Features:
- Business lunch or nice dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/22/2014New and not to be missed. Chex Alex Chen's restaurant has a great décor for business lunches and has an equally great atmosphere for a nice dinner with friends or someone special. The food is excellent, well presented and thoughtfully done.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in Vancouver.SeafoodLover888Dined on 9/19/2014I don't do reviews so I will keep it short. This is the best restaurant in Vancouver. The oysters felt like magic going down my throat. Boulevard is so sexy.Special Features:
- excellent food & servicesNekoDined on 9/17/2014Nice food & great services and great atmosphere It' s my favourite restaurant now!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedlovetoeatoutVIPDined on 9/17/2014Despite the hype, this restaurant did not measure up, and was half empty at lunch mid-week. The hostess was unprofessional and talking on the phone when I arrived for my noon reservation. She did not acknowledge that I was there in any way, so was left standing waiting awkwardly. Her dress and demeanour were not in keeping with what the restaurant is trying to portray. As this was first time at the restaurant, i was not left with a good first impression. Our server was ok and the food interesting but I am not in a hurry to go back.
- Good but not greatchoyDined on 9/16/2014It's fine dining so you pay twice the price for half the food. The food was good but not great, certainly not something memorable. The portions are unequal. We ordered the Seafood Tower for Four and it had 3 crab legs. Again, the food, the taste, the quality, was all good. But for the price I'm paying I was expecting more, either in quantity or in a unique taste where you can't find anywhere else, or both. Service was top notch, as expected in fine dining restaurants.Special Features:
- Welcome Promising NewcomerDouglasDiningDailyVIPDined on 9/15/2014Terrific experience all around. There are hidden gems on the wine list if you know where to look, otherwise its a fairly expensive list typical of Vancouver's upmarket restaurants. All the dishes were done perfectly with clean, distinct flavors. The Caesar salad is a standout, superior to any in town. The bouillabaisse is actually a deconstructed bouillabaisse more akin to a high end soupe de poisson with composed seafood ingredients and the rouille could be more assertive with garlic and thicker, but on the whole the best seafood dish to be found in Vancouver. The chicken wings are so amazing one wonders what the chef could really do if he weren't beholden to the timid tastes of a bourgeois luxury hotel. Loved it! Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food!VancouverVisitorDined on 9/13/2014Best food in Vancouver. Everyone was very impressed with the food.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014The service was very slow in the beginning but after we advised the restaurant about the slow service, it improved.Special Features:
- Partyof3Partyof3Dined on 9/12/2014We arrived early the hostess took us the the worst table in the place, I said 'No thank you'.. She then seated us at another equally bad table. The whole evening we felt like we were in the outskirts of 'the fun' with a 6pm diner reso felt like it was very unnecessary! The hostess then sat another single lady right on top of us half way through our dinner, when there were tons of other empty spots in our 'speculated area'. The food was mediocre at best, the room was nicely done, we had a great service because we spent a fortune and she could tell we weren't impressed. I explained nicely at the end of our meal to management my 'unsatisfactory experience', and he gave me his card and told me to return.. Which I highly doubt we will.Special Features:
- Nice new option for lunchDaylilyDined on 9/10/2014Beautiful room, interesting menu, central location and very attentive service. Will likely become a go-to option for business lunches.Special Features:
- Great food and atmospherenawzirDined on 9/9/2014We have been there twice for dinner. First time was an amazing experience all around-food, atmosphere, service. Second time, food and atmosphere were excellent, although a few less people on a Tuesday night, but the service was terrible. Our waitress was not on the ball, forgetting drinks twice for my daughter and the food took forever to come out. When it finally did come out, it was very good. I recommend you wait another month or two allowing them to get it right. It's not an inexpensive place to dine, so one would expect very good service to go along with the great food and overall atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster BarWillyDined on 9/9/2014My party of 3 were very impressed with the new Boulevard Restaurant. The décor fabulous, lunches were excellent and the portion size perfect.Special Features:
- Pleasant experience except serviceSeasonedPalateDined on 9/6/2014Our waitress wasn't very friendly and accommodating but the bus girl with the shaved head was very good. Appies were ok but my sablefish was spectacular. Cooked to perfection filled with flavor without heavy sauces. Comfortable booth seating and nice decor. Loved the design of the placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good try.IanchoyDined on 9/4/2014This is our first time to try this restaurant. Good foods and excellence service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st timeVancitydinnerDined on 8/29/2014Room is great nice and open service was good appy's took a little long but overall all pretty tasty would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/28/2014Quality of food - very good Service from waiter - excellent, knowledgable and professional Our table just next to the bar - very noisy, we can hardly talk, have to almost yell Not too good to celebrate our 32nd wedding anniversary
- Great food horrible servicecityfolkDined on 8/24/2014For a new restaurant you would think that service would be a top priority. We went on a Sunday evening, there were probably less than 10 tables in the place and the service was horrible. Cocktails took over 10 min to get, we had to ask for plates to be cleared and replaced with clean side plates after oysters served. White wine was warm, and we waited probably 15 min after dessert before having to ask for our bill. Then after another 5-10 min having to ask for someone to run our visa. Then the waiter "assumed" the male at the table was paying the bill when clearly the credit card had a female name...was just a little disappointing to have such poor service at what is supposed to be a higher end restaurant, luckily the food made up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bdaygirlDined on 8/22/2014Heard amazing reviews about the Boulevard, so tried it out for me birthday dinner with my boyfriend. We enjoyed our whole dinner, and loved the ambience. Food was amazing and great drink selection! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Host/HostessLove2eatDined on 8/21/2014Walking into the restaurant we were not greeted and when we were they brought us to our table but there were people already seated there who was not part of our party. When they finally got our reservation name correctly they realized the people at our table were seated on the wrong table. Other than that our server was great, wine and food were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New elegance and polished menuMellowDined on 8/21/2014We hadn't heard anything really, about the new restaurant at the Sutton. Not hearing any buzz makes you wonder. Well, we tried it and were treated to impeccably professional and warm service and a meal that exceeded our modest expectations. Beautiful space, both in design and ambience. The Quinoa salad and surprisingly elevated wings were awesome. I'd go back for the quinoa alone. The halibut and bouillabaisse were refined and perfectly prepared. A side of creamed corn added a little touch of home cooking. We'll be back... to try more or just have a drink.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerFraserBoyerDined on 8/19/2014Took my mom for her 78th birthday and it was fantastic. Server was a little slow but I don't know if that was the bar speed, the kitchen speed or his speed. The room is spectacular. Great use if a space that was a no-mans land for years.Special Features:
- Excellent and deliciousJmealVIPDined on 8/14/2014This is a great new restaurant that we will definitely be going back to. The service was excellent and the food was delicious and everything had their own unique touch. I look forward to working my way through the rest of the menu at future visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.