3295 30th Street
Boulder, CO 80301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bouldercork.com/
- Phone: 3034439505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Smailer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 different banquet rooms available for hosting rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, anniversaries, showers, wedding dinners and family reuinons. In the business world we do business meetings, boardroom dinners, financial seminars, pharmaceutical presentations, and group lunches and dinners
- Private Party Contact: Donna Karmeris 3034439505
A word from Boulder Cork
The Boulder Cork Restaurant has provided quality food and excellent service since 1969. The restaurant is now one of Colorado’s most renowned dining experiences. The casual, yet attentive atmosphere is the perfect place to spend a special evening, be it to relax with friends or entertain business associates. Our banquet facilities can accommodate large groups with the quiet proficiency and superior quality that has become the hallmark of The Boulder Cork. The food is an impressive display of creativity and variety, masterminded by the chef, Jim Smailer. Chef Smailer has created an enticing offering of steaks, prime rib, chicken, pasta, and fresh fish selections; all on the cutting edge of culinary delight. The food is as fresh as the market allows. The true epicurean will agree that our efforts are apparent to both the eyes and the palate, from the appetizer through the handmade desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Boulder Cork - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Boulder Cork reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (85)fit for foodies (46)romantic (45)neighborhood gem (42)notable wine list (40)good for groups (32)great for lunch (27)vibrant bar scene (12)great for outdoor dining (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (2)Show More
- Restaurant week911skibumVIPDined on 8/27/2014Our family frequents the Cork and we were disappointed by the small portions of the fish and steak that we had ordered for our restaurant week special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/26/2014Entree was good. Appetizers were average. Service was bad. Had to ask for bread. Fork was dirty and our waitress took it away but never brought another one back. Would not return
- Nice place for special occassionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/26/2014The Boulder Cork is a nice restaurant for special occasions or for taking out-of-town guests. It can be a bit noisy when the restaurant is busy, but it has a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Cork has lost its charm66dinerVIPDined on 8/24/2014The Cork has lost its charm. Once a 'fine dining' type restaurant it is now a much more casual, loud scene. Our waiter, name not given, was more like a fast food server than an attentive server. The Denver Week menu food was good, but not excellent. Our time spent was marred by a groups nearby shouting to be heard. If you can, ask for a table in an area with only 2 or 4 tops to try to avoid a party scene.
- $30.00 PER PERSON OVER PRICEDOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/24/2014I ordered scallops from the special restaurant week menu, the meal included 2 scallops and the sides were minimal two small scoops of tomato sauce and polenta, the salad was one bite of watermelon and a few leaves, desert was decent at least! My husband ordered the flat steak which consisted of 6 small slices over a small scoop of mashed potatoes and 2 shrimps essentially 3 or 4 bites of food not enough for dinner, the appetizer of assorted smoked fish was good. The portions were so skimpy it was laughable for the price. I should have ordered off the regular menu.
- LouisvillerezLouisvillerezDined on 8/23/2014We fined at Boulder Cork for the first time on the recommendation of a friend. Great food, wonderful attentive service and a nice wine list. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SamiDined on 8/23/2014The descriptions of the food are enticing, the presentations delight the eye. The taste of each item is distinct. Our three meals were cooked to perfection, both the seafood and steak; each side was unique. Wine and desserts were superb. We've always enjoyed our experience and meal at the Cork.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysLarryDined on 8/22/2014The food was good as usual and service excellent. It was quite noisy but it was Friday night. If you want your filet to be one normal piece, you had better order it that way since mine had 2 pieces, one of them quite small.Special Features:
- Reliably goodcanteloupe1Dined on 8/22/2014The Boulder Cork has become a regular venue for special occasion dining for my family.Special Features:
- Fun dinnerGeoffVIPDined on 8/22/2014Good food, good service. Fun evening. Suggest adding more Sonoma County red wines to wine list but we found a good zin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Steak sandwich everOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Had a wonderful lunch !! Of course it's always superbSpecial Features:
- SeaRayDined on 8/19/2014Great food, good atmosphere, outstanding service and overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnersherbertDined on 8/16/2014Perfect for an anniversary dinner. 8 seated at a nice round table. Thank you Cork for having round tables. Rib eyes done perfectly and sized to split (the 18oz ones).Special Features:
- Perfect for Birthday DelebrationCameronDined on 8/15/2014We took my 16 year old son to the Cork to celebrate his birthday. The food was outstanding. I highly recommend the Cork's Favorite steak but all of the dishes were tasty. The complimentary birthday dessert was enough to feed a horse (or a 16 yr old boy).Special Features:
- A Little Disappointing this TimeCyndeeDined on 8/15/2014We have been long time (20 plus years) patrons of the Cork. We go far enough back to when it was the Cork and Cleaver! :) We came this past Friday, and had a one entrée that was not great at all. I ordered the prime rib, which was wonderful, but my husband ordered the lamb chops, which we do often, and they were not good. They were tough and super fatty. He could barely eat them. He did mention it to the waitress on the way out, and she said she wished he had said something at the time, but of course, when you do that, then the other person's meal is getting cold while it's being addressed. Also, the oven browned potato did not come out with the meal. Disappointing, as this was a special occasion.Special Features:
- Could make it in NYCBob1VIPDined on 8/12/2014We always go to Cork when we visit our granddaughter in Boulder. Food and service are outstanding. Great steaks. Compares to some of the best we have had in NYC.Special Features:
- Birthday DinnerbirthdaydineDined on 8/8/2014Not sure why but the waitress only dealt with us in her spare time. We go there twice a year, for special occasions, so we don't know why this year was different.Special Features:
- FAVORITE STEAK RESTAURANTOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We travel 30 miles from Loveland, Co when we wish to have a great steak dinner. The Cork NEVER has disappointed us. Thank you for a fantastic restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice eveningtableof4Dined on 8/8/2014The Boulder Cork never disappoints. We had excellent food and polite and attentive service. This is a gem of Boulder and outside the hustle and bustle of downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulder Corkcooltimg4Dined on 8/7/2014Another amazing meal at the boulder cork. Definitely the best stakes around and the mud pie is the best desert I've ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakshendyDined on 8/4/2014The baseball cut sirloin is outstanding and cooked to perfection, and the filet is exceptional. Never had a disappointing cut. Great steaks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GSBCGradDined on 7/24/2014Good dinner. Nice clean restaurant. Food was cooked as ordered.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll be back!MollieDined on 7/21/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant and we had a truly enjoyable experience. Our waitress was a real treat - she looked like she actually enjoyed her job. She was very attentive and happy, and had a great sense of humor. Our food was wonderful. My husband and I had steaks and they were cooked to perfection. They were thick, tasty and tender. Wine selection was excellent. The only disappointment we had was the host staff. We were barely greeted when we arrived, and the two hostesses were too busy in their own conversation to acknowledge us when we left. But overall, that was pretty minor to the rest of our dining experience. We will definitely return and recommend this restaurant to our friends and out of town guests!Special Features:
- Excellent!BouldereaterDined on 7/15/2014Very delicious food, excellent timing of food delivery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Boulder's FinestDSmithDined on 7/11/2014There's a reason The Cork has, long been one of Boulder's best dining spots. The atmosphere is intimate and you can easily have a conversation. The food is awesome with lots of choices, both food and price wise. During the holidays, the restaurant is especially beautiful and I've been to many holiday parties hosted here. Great dining experience for any occasion, even if you just want a gourmet burger!!!Special Features:
- Wonderful food and serviceboulder4foodDined on 7/11/2014We celebrated my son's 23rd birthday at Boulder Cork. The service was outstanding, and the food was just perfect. We dine out a lot, and this one was a special night, and make the day special. A little pricey, but overall a great experience.Special Features:
- Favorite birthday dinner spotbeluckeDined on 7/10/2014We love to have dinner at The Cork for family birthday celebrations. We are gluten free & the wait staff is always able to make suggestions to help us make our selections. The prime rib was perfectly prepared. Creme Brûlée is a must have!Special Features:
- Great date night diningSuperiorMama05Dined on 7/9/2014We had a reservation at 7:15 on a weekday. We were kindly greeted, sat promptly and were attended to with drinks right away. I am celiac and the server was sensitive to my condition and knowledgable about the menu to help select an entree. It was a quiet night in the restaurant and the bar also looked slow so noise levels were very pleasant. Food was delicious, prices are comparable to any fine dining with a wide variety of prices and entree choices. Overall, we'd return but not with our children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCBabyDined on 7/5/2014Fav dinner spot in Boulder by far. Any special occasion and I'm here. The food can't be beat and the service is wonderfulSpecial Features:
- Love It!MleederDined on 6/29/2014Went there for our anniversary. Loved the fact that there were unique items to choose from like the grilled watermelon salad. Nice restaurant with some beautiful offerings on the menu. Will definitely visit again.Special Features:
- YAM14Dined on 6/26/2014There is no place like the Boulder Cork for celebrating events with friends or meeting friends for a drink. Thanks for the wonderful service!Special Features:
- Wonderful!lauren72Dined on 6/24/2014The wait staff was so kind and the food was beautifully prepared. My mom and I had both ordered the prime rib, both being cooked exactly to specification with the sides of baked potato and seasonal vegetables. All three were absolutely worth the price of the meal. Just wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good choiceHansVIPDined on 6/21/2014We don't stop at the Cork frequently but it's always on our list of go-to places, especially when we want a good steak. This time around, we had 3 couple all celebrating wedding anniversaries (married the same year many years ago and before we knew each other). We had a great meal, excellent recommended but not outrageously priced wine, very good service (wish I caught his name but our server has a French accent), and they comped dessert for our joint celebration. It was a good reminder to go back before too much time passes once again.
- Wonderful timePinsandDined on 6/20/2014The service was excellent, the food was prepared perfectly. Had grilled watermelon salad. Never had it before and was delighted with the dish. Everything was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/17/2014The best classy w/o being solicitous restaurant. A beautiful restaurant doesn't call attention to itself. This is one of those.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbleDined on 6/15/2014Always a great place, was there for Father's Day and everything was great! The special "Early" menu that goes from 5:00 - 6:00 must be checked out by all. Thanks Cork!Special Features:
- Always a great experiencenjcglDined on 6/14/2014The Cork has the best steaks around, the wine recommendations are great, and the service is excellent.Special Features:
- FlagstaffDined on 6/13/2014We went to the Boulder Cork with great anticipation since it is notable for its steak. The menu was good and the service was excellent. However the prime rib was very disappointing. Both my husband and I ordered prime rib/ medium. It was tasteless and I am not sure it was grilled at all. I don't think I will be going there anymore.
- Traditional BoulderWilhelmDined on 6/9/2014We were seated exactly at our reservation time. Food came hot and delicious. Service was just perfect. The Margaritas were good. Everyone in our group was very pleased.Special Features:
- Excellent Roast Beef and TroutTurnberryGirl3VIPDined on 6/7/2014We had dinner here 2 times. The food, service and ambiance are excellent. For our first visit my husband had the roast beef end cut and it was the best - so lean, tender and with great flavor. My entree was the best trout I have ever eaten. It was prepared with a barbeque sauce that complemented the fish perfectly and was not overpowering. The vegetable sides were also excellent. On our second visit, we both had the trout. I highly recommend this restaurant.