3295 30th Street
Boulder, CO 80301Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bouldercork.com/
- Phone: (303) 443-9505
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: James Smailer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We have 3 different banquet rooms available for hosting rehearsal dinners, birthday parties, anniversaries, showers, wedding dinners and family reuinons. In the business world we do business meetings, boardroom dinners, financial seminars, pharmaceutical presentations, and group lunches and dinners
- Private Party Contact: Donna Karmeris 3034439505
A word from Boulder Cork
The Boulder Cork Restaurant has provided quality food and excellent service since 1969. The restaurant is now one of Colorado’s most renowned dining experiences. The casual, yet attentive atmosphere is the perfect place to spend a special evening, be it to relax with friends or entertain business associates. Our banquet facilities can accommodate large groups with the quiet proficiency and superior quality that has become the hallmark of The Boulder Cork. The food is an impressive display of creativity and variety, masterminded by the chef, Jim Smailer. Chef Smailer has created an enticing offering of steaks, prime rib, chicken, pasta, and fresh fish selections; all on the cutting edge of culinary delight. The food is as fresh as the market allows. The true epicurean will agree that our efforts are apparent to both the eyes and the palate, from the appetizer through the handmade desserts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Boulder Cork - Best Restaurants in Boulder ›
Boulder Cork reviews from OpenTable diners
150 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (94)neighborhood gem (61)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (58)notable wine list (48)romantic (35)great for lunch (29)vibrant bar scene (20)kid-friendly (10)hot spot (9)great for brunch (7)great for outdoor dining (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- Food is great, but a long time to be served.911skibumVIPDined on 11/23/2014Our family loves the Cork. However, last three times we have been in, it appears to me that the kitchen is really running slow in terms of getting our food out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Took advantage of First Bite Boulder!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Lovely night with friends. 5 of us gathered to take advantage of the last night of First Bite Boulder. Service in the bar area was a little sketchy. Took our server 15-20 minutes to acknowledge our move from the bar to a bar table. Bartender wanted us to close our bar bill and order from a waiter so we waited and waited. The bar area started out crowded but had thinned out quite a bit while we waited for a server. Hostess was very accommodating for our group, table was ready whenever we were ready to sit down. Food, wine, service in the restaurant was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So disappointed - "First Bite" Bait and SwitchCharchanDined on 11/21/2014We are big fans of First Bite-- tasting restaurants' special offerings. The choices are difficult as time and our capacity for so many calories are limited. We chose the Cork because we had not been there lately and we buy our lamb from the same organic farm that they do. We were interested in the preparation as they are basically a chop and steak place. Also, i was curious about their signature appetizer salad, on the regular menu for $10. When it arrived, the waiter saw the shock on my face and said, "We had to downsize for First Bite," It was the smallest, lamest salad i had ever seen -- maybe three tablespoons? Then the bigger shock -- the lamb, rather than a chop, was lamb goulash. Not much on desserts, but also surprised that the "mud pie" was ice cream. So if you want to drop $120 on a minuscule salad, goulash and ice cream (with a nice bottle of wine) with little or no relationship to the restaurant's usual offerings, this is for you!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014We celebrated our 5th anniversary at The Cork. It was our first time there and we were very impressed with our waiter's service, the menu selections, the cocktail and wine selection. It was a little noisy (First Bite night), but in a good way. Probably best dining out experience in Boulder so far, we are fairly new in town).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cozy.friendly.great food and serviceSmithDined on 11/14/2014Great place and service. Cozy fireplaces and neighborhood atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still on their gameLeeJohnVIPDined on 11/7/2014Had another great meal. Four of us, Eddie was our server (he has served us multiple times and is the best there), and the mussels and scallops were as good as the rib eye. Will keep going back.Special Features:
- Perfect for our occasionGaryDined on 11/1/2014We had a party of four, one of whom was a college student with a crazy schedule. Boulder Cork as able to change our reservation time and the number in our party with no problem. That service and our table service were excellent.Special Features:
- LovelyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Everything about this place is lovely, the food, the service, the ambiance. It is always on our list for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/30/2014The Boulder Cork is still one of the best restaurants in Boulder County - after all these years. Leave room for the mud pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a favoritePeachesDined on 10/28/2014I always bring visitors to Chophouse because I can depend on the food quality and relaxing atmosphere in the dining room. Happy Hour gets a bit loud but we suffer through it or move to the dining room. Overly loud customers should be given a polite word of caution by management.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/28/2014We were celebrating our daughter's birthday and were pleased and delighted when Kim brought out a huge piece of coffee ice cream cake. We four ate every bit of it. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- try itLuckyVIPDined on 10/25/2014Noisy and not good for vegetarians but we enjoy it and visit a couple times a month.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable, but nothing specialGailGVIPDined on 10/25/2014Have been to the Cork many times and I would say it's always the same, so it's reliable, but they need to spruce up the place, decor and menu. I ordered a steak medium and it came back rare, so I told the waiter. He sent it back to the kitchen, but it came back just as rare. They cook had thrown it on the grill for a second to make it look charred, but it was still rare. My husband had a nice tuna tartar appetizer and a buffalo burger, and his burger was OVER cooked. It wasn't too crowded when we were there, and you would think they could cook the orders like we asked for.
- A Must Go RestaurantdiningdameDined on 10/24/2014Our family of five enjoyed a most delicious meal last night. Ranging from pasta dishes to the striped bass to the pork chop - all divine! Best yet was the desserts we ordered: Eton Mess (a wicked combination of whipped cream, meringue and berries) and Sticky Toffee Pudding (super tasty). Our server Michael was outstanding - knowledgeable, attentive and great personality. Definitely put it on your bucket list to dine at The Kitchen!Special Features:
- I really wanted it to be goodGuywithforkDined on 10/24/2014We went for a Friday night dinner with 6. Luckily I had a reservation. It got very busy fast. Service from our main server was sub-par for this type of dining but the water guy was great. One of our salads was forgotten and there really wasn't any check-ins to see how we were doing, how the food was, or if we needed anything. Out of 4 meat orders 3 were not done properly; 3 were ordered medium well and 2 came quite red (barely medium) and one (New York Strip) was overly well done. One steak did come cooked as ordered. The fish was good from what I heard. The salads and sides were ok; nothing special. It was our first time here and compared to many other steakhouses we have tried this experience ranked quite low on the list.
- Great place!Foodie64Dined on 10/21/2014We were celebrating two birthdays and the food and service were excellent! We will definitely return again in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The gift that keeps on givingtnlayneDined on 10/9/2014Once again, Jim Smailer and his crew did an outstanding job in serving up a scrumptious meal! I first had dinner at the Boulder Cork in 1977 and I just keep coming back. Happy hour, special occasions (this outing for a birthday) and we have our holiday party there in December. Consistent and reliable. Please enjoy a meal at the Boulder Cork.Special Features:
- Chicken EnchiladaFussyDined on 10/8/2014I won't order the chicken enchilada again because there was very little chicken. I told the waitress, and she responded by offering to take it back for a little embellishment, but I was already too full. She did take it off the bill. The Cork always does the right thing. Typically good food and service. This was but a a minor blip from my favorite restaurant. My two friends were happy with their salmon with jasmine rice (my favorite and the item I nearly always order).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Booth C1Abooth4twoVIPDined on 10/7/2014Booth C1 needs to have the seat re upholstered. Duct tape won't doSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly good!Kra303Dined on 10/4/2014Happy to report that this Boulder institution still delivers. Our server was excellent and the food was very good. My mom ordered the ribs & they fell off the bone. I ordered the buffalo flatiron steak, being such a lean cut of meat can easily be over done, but it came out perfectly medium rare. I gave my mom a taste (without telling her it was buffalo) & she concurred that it was tender & delicious. The only negative (& a minor one) is we had to ask twice for my mom's tea to be refilled, when I caught the server's assistants eye, he immediately remembered that he'd forgotten. He ran over quickly for the refill, without an apology-which should have happened for this caliber of restaurant, but again-very minor. Overall great & will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great mealmpwheelerDined on 10/4/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary. I ordered the filet oscar and ordered it medium well. Was cooked perfectly which rarely happens. Our server was fabulous as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of TownersOLBSDined on 10/3/2014Invited two out of towners and two locals who also know them for a reunion of sorts. Next table friends of all of us showed up unplanned. Every one thought the food was great, and the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boulder CorkBoulderEatsDined on 9/27/2014We've been to the Cork a dozen times over the last 20 years. Sorry to say it has slowly grown overpriced with only average fare. This last visit, very noisy too. Good waiter, a little slow receiving our meal, though.Special Features:
- A Boulder Institutionned1Dined on 9/27/2014Very well prepared food. A very good wine list. Service efficient and not obsequious. It has been around for a long time, and there is a reason for this. This restaurant does everything well. The Filè Oscar was outstanding. Bearnaise sauce was delicious and just the right amount was on the plate. Overall I had a wonderful time with my husband celebrating our anniversary.Special Features:
- 2 for 2OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/23/2014I've had dinner here twice in the last 6 months with business colleagues. Both times the food was very good (prime rib, filet and sides) and the service excellent. I really enjoyed the wedge salad. Our waitress (wish I remembered her name) was very helpful to a veggitarian in our party - suggesting dishes that the kitchen could prepare that were not on the menu, and following up to make sure he was happy with his meal.
- Ladies who lunchBeachloversVIPDined on 9/23/2014Always a pleasant experience to meet friends here. Good food, excellent service and the sun streaming in on a lovely fall day..perfect.Special Features:
- when you want a good steak...gabrielratchetDined on 9/21/2014with fairly classic accompaniment, a good glass of wine, and attentive but not intrusive service. my favorite place to take my son for dinner when visiting him at school. i expect it's rather quieter when the broncos aren't coming back against the seahawks in the fourth quarter...Special Features:
- NoiseWillieDined on 9/14/2014A very loud table across the dining room made the evening less enjoyable than usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Timer's ReviewpaterfamiliaDined on 9/12/2014The Noise Level rating bar ends at "Energetic" and next is "Do not recall". I'd suggest the latter should be replaced by something approximating "deafening".Special Features:
- Service was pretentious and slackPretendiousDined on 9/11/2014The waiter sported a fake accent, and neglected to bring certain ordered items. We were forced to flag down another waiter to request the rest of our entree. The menu was okay, and the food was okay. I may return if I am in a group and someone finds the location convenient. Otherwise, I plan to seek out restaurants with more vegan options and less pretentious waiters.Special Features:
- BobbleDined on 9/7/2014The food is usually great here, but it often takes a while for a server to greet the table and then the server isn't very engaged for the rest of the evening. Pretty good happy hour too! I give it 3 out of 5 stars!
- Great anniversary celebrationDaveDined on 9/7/2014We came back to Boulder to celebrate our 46th anniversary. The revive and food was excellent. The server was very helpful. We had the Prime Rib that was out of this world tender and cooked to perfection. We live in Oklahoma but grew up in Boulder and will definitely come back next time we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A delight!eatoutoftenDined on 9/5/2014We were not sure exactly what to expect since we are visitors to Boulder. We were a party of 6, celebrating an anniversary. We were delighted. You come for the beef and we were not disappointed. The sides were rich and generous. And, they surprised us with a slab of mudcake for 6 for a dessert. Altogether an excellent dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!disappointedVIPDined on 9/5/2014Consistently terrific food and service. When you want the best prime rib—the place to go!Special Features:
- yum45Dined on 9/4/2014We went for the early dinner specials. I had the salmon which was tasty, but very skimpy. My husband had the stew with vegetables. It was tasty also, but he couldn't find the vegetables. Service was great. We had asked for a quiet table and was accommodated. Overall, still a good restaurant, but portions for the early dinners are very small!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect to meet old friendsrhondaahrensDined on 9/3/2014Had lunch with two long time colleagues and it was a pleasant experience we split a bottle of wine, sat in the bar and stuck with the standard menu fare of fish tacos, one person had the enchilada special and one had a very large and delicious serving of mango sorbet for dessert. Perfect way to catch up and enjoy top notch service and food! Love their happy hour deals too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchAnnATDined on 9/3/2014We came from out of town and the team had lunch at Boulder Cork to prep for a meeting that the afternoon. Seeing that this was our first time there and very much enjoyed the atmosphere and food, we all agreed that this was a great find! Great food, great atmosphere and perfect location!!! We'll definitely be back and recommend them!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ChoiceTimetoeatDined on 8/29/2014We wish we had had three scallops instead of two. They looked lonely. The peach ice cream was wonderful. Guess it came from Glacier Homemade Ice Cream.Special Features:
- More Than Just Great SteaksTomSVIPDined on 8/28/2014The Cork has always been known for its great beef. What sets this restaurant apart are the specials created by chef Jim Smailer. We enjoyed an excellent three course dinner that showcased some of the kitchen's creativity. The place is usually very busy, and offers a popular happy hour, hence dinner reservations are strongly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5280CarolecooksDined on 8/28/2014I loved my dinner; we all did. Only complaint, the portions were ridiculously small. I drove up to boulder to take my 2 CU kids to restaurant, we were hungry when we left.Special Features: