29 East 2nd St.
New York, NY 10003Neighborhood:
GreekPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.boukiesrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2127772502
- Hours of Operation:
Sidewalk dining area closes at 11pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Greek
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Happy Hour, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Boukies Restaurant
Boukies Restaurant is located in the East Village. We serve Greek-Mediterranean small plate menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Boukies Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- I love, love, LOVE this Greek gem!FranDined on 3/11/2014Fabulous grilled seafood, amazingly delicious Greek delicacies, beautiful ambience—plus great Greek wines!!! And the best prix-fixe dinner deal in Manhattan! (Tues-Thurs., between 5-6:30pm, only $20 for a scrumptuous three-course dinner!)Special Features:
- EV GreekGeeRVIPDined on 3/1/2014We had a recent early dinner at Boukies, and found it welcoming, energetic and perfect for a sampler of Greek (and other) wines and beers and meze plates. Meze portions were generous, recommending the taramosalata and grilled octopus as well as Greek salad with very good tomatoes given the mid-winter timing. Service was attentive and prompt if you are pre-theater. Well done.Special Features:
- Fantastic Greek Food!EvaSDined on 3/1/2014The four of us absolutely loved the food at Boukies! Since we ordered lots of small plates ("mezes"), we got to taste many of their dishes. All were excellent - except for the grilled sardines which weren't filleted, making for some de-boning work. The service was a bit slow and inconsistent, albeit pleasant. We also found the noise level to be a bit loud for our taste, and it got louder and louder as the evening wore on. All that being said, though, we would definitely consider dining there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Greek / MediterraneanMiller7Dined on 2/26/2014Location is a bit out of the way, but the food was delicious. We focused on vegetarian and fish dishes. The glasses of white wine paired with the fish and appetizers quite nicely. The whole sea bass grilled was very good - and the sauces were served on the side so you can apply the exact amount desired. The salmon atop sauteed spinach and a few fingerling potatoes was excellent as well. Would absolutely return the next time I find myself at 2nd and 2nd!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Neighborhood DestinationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2014Glad we found this place that's a walkable distance from the Village and LES. We would go back for the shrimp/feta appetizer and the signature small plate of well-seasoned ground beef rolled in eggplant (like miniature moussaka).Special Features:
- Little Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/13/2014On our way to NYTW we decided to try something new. And Boukies delivered- top-notch Greek cuisine, clean and flavor-packed. Really enjoyed the presentation, the staff and the value.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch not great....erinferinDined on 1/26/2014but I might go back and try for dinner. It's a nice space and my fellow diners who ordered non-brunch items met with more success.I would recommend this to a friend.
- MehAdamVIPDined on 1/26/2014Just one of the million NYC places that serves food. Nothing special.
- Interesting dishesStuartDDined on 1/25/2014Creative twists on well-known dishes eg taramasalata with smoked trout combine with pleasant surroundings and attentive service to make for a pleasant early evening meal.The beers are well chosen and pair perfectly with the food.Special Features:
- Quiet, I don't know whyreviewernicknameVIPDined on 1/4/2014Everything is just fine with the place. Food is great, service attentive yet unobtrusive, wine mark-up is decent and nose level almost non-existent, which is great. From dips, through mezes to desserts, everything is prepared with rich taste and attention to detail, without unnecessary frills. Definitive repeat.Special Features:
- Loved everything!JulieDined on 12/24/2013Great food, great ambience, wonderful service. Something different. Will definitely come again.Special Features:
- Food was high in flavor. DishesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 12/18/2013Food was high in flavor. Dishes were well prepared. Service was top notch. Only criticism was the first three bottles of wine that I chose from the wine list were out of stock. Wine list should be kept updated with the wine inventory. My wife and I will definitely return to Boukies for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and authentic GreekUWSLiferDined on 12/13/2013Great food; friendly and efficient service. We went there after an early show for dinner at 10:30, and they couldn't have been more welcoming. Food honestly the best Greek food I've had in the city. The atmosphere is comfortable and soothing, with soft lighting and muted colors. Easy to carry on a conversation but lively at the same time.Special Features:
- Wow!EjoemikeVIPDined on 11/30/2013Wow! The most amazing octopus. Had a great time pre NY Theater Workshop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Boukies is terrificCarolepipDined on 11/22/2013Still not sure what "boukies" means, but this lovely restaurant on the corner of 2nd and 2nd is a terrific addition to this ever-changing lower East side neighborhood. This was our fourth visit to Boukies and this time we had two entries (we had several "small" plates on the previous three visits)--hubby had grilled whole fish; I had the cod. Both were excellent. Could not resist the grilled octopus but our other shared first was phyllo triangles filled with spinach and feta cheese which also were excellent. So far I have not had a dish at Boukies that I didn't think was excellent. Very tasty, not to expensive food. Will return again and again, thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really nice mezas in e villagenathbeckVIPDined on 11/22/2013Had a most pleasant (and moderately priced) dinner there. Everything was very nice. Only did the small plates but all were quite good. Will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greek Food HeavenchubbyVIPDined on 11/22/2013What a gem! A surprisingly good wine list and incredibly fresh tasting food. I can't wait to go back. The service was attentive without being overbearing and all the waitress's recommendations were a hit with my fussy friends. The spinach in the spanakopita was so fr and the octopus was cooked perfectly. A very pretty plce too. I would take a date here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Fine!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/21/2013A lovely place to share very inventive Greek cuisine with friends. Beautiful room, non-pretentious, fabulous food, and appropriately attentive service. Will definitely make this a regular spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good vibesBWishDined on 11/15/2013Fantastic service, great authentic Greek Cuisine. Was pleased with everything we ordered. The Greek Salad and Tzakiki is amazing.Special Features:
- Did not meet expectationsJessVIPDined on 11/2/2013I read so many great reviews about Boukies that I was expecting to be wowed. I love Greek food and thought the menu looked awesome. In reality, none of the dishes we ordered really impressed us. The split pea puree was a bit bland, the gigantes beans were silghtly undercooked, and the sauce could have used more flavor, and the chickpea and eggplant dish had barely any eggplant in it. The sauce in the chickpea dish was very tasty. The shrimp saganaki were huge, and had a nice sauce, but the shrimp were on the edge of being undercooked. Fried potatoes...were fried potatoes. Nice, but nothing exceptional.
- Worth a return visitDossieVIPDined on 10/24/2013Special attention by the manager was appreciated and the authentic Greek menu and preparation gave us much pleasure. Outstanding were a cheese dip appetizer, seafood salad and a pineapple almond cake. Yogurt of many kinds was an integral to every dish. The prices were surprisingly moderate for such quality!Special Features:
- Nice DinnerGlentalkDined on 10/5/2013Boukies was great, I went with my wife to celebrate our anniversary and the food was great, the service was great, the wine selection was also great. I would definately go back.Special Features:
- Meze ExtravaganzaOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/19/2013Four of us made a grand meal of a selection of meze, mostly fish, perfect with a bottle of retsina.Special Features:
- Overall, we had a very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2013Overall, we had a very good time. The food is fresh and yummy and services was great. They did ran out of few dishes. I guess I will go back to try :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Got the Greek salad - wasmay091VIPDined on 8/31/2013Got the Greek salad - was very delicious. Sister ordered the pre-fix brunch menu and the portion size was very generous. The fried potato chips were delicious and so was the side of roasted tomatoes. Although we made a reservation it wasn't needed as the restaurant was near empty when we walked in. The restaurant itself is beautifully decorated with lots of open space and light. Service was attentive and friendly - would def come back to try out more of the Greek wines!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grilled lamb chopsfishaDined on 8/12/2013Boukies is one of the best places from grilled lamb chops, however I would think they would treat their "logo" dish with more intention and proper execution. The grill octopus lacked flavor and arrived tough and far too charred for this delightful sea creature. The first attempt was barely edible and while you could consume the second attempt, the chef left no margin to savory what should be a perfect balance of sweet and savory. It just fall flat, maybe it came from a totally different kitchen than the succulent and flavorful lamb chops or plate worthy sea bass. The Greek wines are a pleasant change from the norm. Worth trying, but stay away from the octopus.Special Features:
- love the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/7/2013I have eaten there many times.. THey have an incredible pre-fix menu but my favorite are all the small dishes one orders individually!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay, not greatPeanutDined on 8/5/2013Food has declined since opening. Over cooked Fish and vegetables.
- Delicious Greek FoodGeminiswimVIPDined on 7/31/2013This restaurant was really delicious and authentic Greek food. However, the service left something to be desired. They didn't ask if we wanted a drink right away, and then rarely came back to see how we were doing with our drinks or food. Additionally, the person checking us in didn't even honor this reservation, we had to get it honored through open table. I would definitely go for the food, but I would probably avoid a big group since I'm not sure they'd be able to handle it.Special Features:
- Painfully LoudEvillfoodieDined on 7/18/2013Terrible acoustics. We were at a 2 top and had to shout at each other to be heard. Fish was excellent, rest of food was ok, beans were so undercooked they had to be sent back twice. Pylos, the owner's other restaurant in the neighborhood, is much better. More than the food they have to figure out the sound situation, it's miserable.Special Features:
- Good food, but I like Pylos better!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/5/2013I went with a friend to Boukies on her suggestion, and didn't realize it was the same restaurant family as Pylos until she told me later. While there were certain similarities, and the food was fine, I much prefer the warmth and decor of Pylos, as well as the food and selection of their menu. While I am assuming they opened another restaurant nearby because it's quite difficult to get into Pylos ordinarily, Pylos' cozy nature and beautiful design (the clay pots lining the ceiling and real feel of Greece) and food far surpass the experience at Boukies, and I would rather wait to get a reservation for the real deal.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bravo Boukies!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/2/2013First time here - have been wanting to go since they opened. We ordered a selection of mezedes and a a couple of versions of the prix fix menu. With the exception of the grilled octopus (which was a little tough, sadly, because we love octopus) everything else was absolutely delicious, down to the bread that we used to mop up sauces and juice from the other dishes. Will definitely be going back to Boukies.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/22/2013Pleasant to sit outside on a summer evening. Expected the food to be better. A couple of the appetizers were good; main dishes were disappointing.Special Features:
- Warm and FriendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/22/2013I have been to Boukies several times fir brunch before a NYTW matinee. Everything about the restaurant is lovely. The service is warm and friendly, never rushed. The wine list is not extensive, but the servers are very knowledgable about the mostly Greek vintages. The menu for brunch is also not extensive, but every dish is beautifully prepared and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 6/21/2013Interesting menu. Fresh ingredients. I will visit again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very nice place, lovely inside,FloreVIPDined on 6/19/2013very nice place, lovely inside, service is good and food is tasty !Special Features:
- Great food! Reasonable prices!deverainnycDined on 6/7/2013And only 2 blocks from our apt.! We couldn't ask for a better neighborhood spot. Delicious juicy lamb chops. Taramasalata (the fish roe appetizer) with a wonderful mousse-like texture. We could have filled up on that alone, with the nice soft pita slices. We are happy we gave Boukies a try. We definitely will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- second time in the restaurant,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/27/2013second time in the restaurant, so i liked it a lot the first time. The reason I went again was because of the food. I really liked the greek salad and the meat balls... but unfortunately when i went there they had already run of them, or the other meat dish I was looking for. Prove that the food is really good. It is not the typical greek food (according to my greek roomate) but has the same basis adpated to the american taste. I just loved it. Not nice that I did not get what I expected...Special Features:
- Fantastic, fresh Greek food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/25/2013Fantastic, fresh Greek food. Recommend you try everything on their menu. Light but flavorful dishes are a delight for summer dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Nice SurpriseHowardNYCVIPDined on 5/18/2013I rarely go to dinner in the East Village but had to be in that neighborhood and my friend wanted Greek food, so this was a bit of a shot in the dark. Everything, from start to finish was delicious from the fava beans cooked in tomato to the shrimp with feta and the cod entree....fresh and well prepared. The service was great and the ambiance is modern but spacious (unusual for NYC). Probably won't go out of my way to return, but DEFINITELY will when I'm in that neighborhood again or if I have a hankering for Greek and don't want to schlepp to Astoria.Special Features: