Bouchon - Beverly Hills
235 N. Canon Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bouchon - Beverly Hills
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bouchonbistro.com/
- Phone: 3102719910x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Brunch on Saturday and Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm & Sunday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Bar Bouchon: Daily from 11:00am - 10:00pm
Bouchon Bakery: 7:00am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 7:00am- 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Executive Chef: David Hands
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Bouchon Bistro offers two private dining rooms both featuring terraces overlooking the adjacent gardens. The entire restaurant is also available for private exclusive events.
Bar Bouchon, on the garden level, is perfect for al fresco meals or open-air cocktail receptions.
- Private Party Contact: Tobie Cancino 3102815680x606
- Cross Street: Wilshire
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: We offer valet parking for $10.00. Parking Garage: Public Gardens Parking Garage at 235 N. Canon Dr. - First 2 hours free, then $3 per every 30 minutes thereafter. Street Parking: on N. Canon Dr - 1 hour parking from 8AM-6PM at $2.00 per hour; After 6PM and Sundays Free or on N. Beverly Dr - 1 hour parking from 8AM-6PM at $2.00 per hour; 15 min parking in front of Montage hotel $.25; After 6PM and Sundays Free.
A word from Bouchon - Beverly Hills
Bouchon in Beverly Hills offers a vibrant setting that perfectly accents Chef Thomas Keller's authentic French country fare and exceptional service. Our wine bar, Bar Bouchon, is located on the garden level and serves small plates of French classics from 11:00 am - 10:00 pm daily.Continued
Our Bouchon Bakery is located at the entrance to the bistro and is open Sunday through Thursday from 7:00am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 7:00am- 10:00pm
Our Bouchon Bakery is located at the entrance to the bistro and is open Sunday through Thursday from 7:00am - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday 7:00am- 10:00pm
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bouchon - Beverly Hills reviews from OpenTable diners
313 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (168)special occasion (166)great for outdoor dining (122)great for lunch (115)romantic (103)great for brunch (87)notable wine list (84)good for groups (72)neighborhood gem (70)hot spot (43)scenic view (31)vibrant bar scene (23)kid-friendly (19)late-night find (15)Show More
- Not what we expected from BouchonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014The food quality was disappointing. Had to send back a pasta dish as it was not done cooked correctly. Replacement was not much better. We love Bouchon in Napa and this was well below that standard.Special Features:
- Not Bad, OverallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/19/2014The chicken and waffles were DELICIOUS. Best I've had in a while. Overall, the food was great, but the waitstaff seemed a bit preoccupied and we felt forgotten. I'd definitely go back for the food, but I'd hope to have a more interested waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- doesn't disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This is the first time for me at the Beverly Hills location of Bouchon and I was not disappointed. I first experienced Bouchon in Las Vegas and was so impressed that I took a friend for a birthday celebration to the Beverly Hills location. The food was outstanding and they have the best coffee I have ever had. It is set over looking a courtyard, which is beautifully landscaped and added to the ambiance. The restaurant was quiet, but the bar downstairs which also serves food, was quite lively, if you prefer that. Either way, it's a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Heavy handedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The dinner was a disappointment. The kitchen had a very heavy hand with the salt, way over seasoned. The drinks were skimpy, a lot of ice and little liquor. I expected grade A food and got a solid B which is OK if that is what is expected. we won't be backSpecial Features:
- Good food...VikkiDined on 10/18/2014Good food, good service unfortunately we can' enjoy the food as we eat since we can't see our food every well due to lightning issue. too dark to figure out the ingredients...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidandroseVIPDined on 10/16/2014Solo meal; onion soup tasted as if the onions were burnt though they appeared dark/translucent as expected. Possible due to my ordering soup w/o cheese the dish was out of balance. Ordered Tuna Salad entree, tuna was prepared perfectly with nice density and texture. Didn't really enjoy the dressing but it wsa fine. Worth coming just for the bread and old-world butter! Service was friendly and professional, with prompt service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/16/2014At first the servers were attentive. But after other guests arrived at the restaurant I felt neglected. (I had to keep asking for various things several times.)I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great!RoscoeVIPDined on 10/11/2014Whether in Beverly Hills or Yountville, Bouchon is always perfect. The laitue salad is simple but delicious. Three of us ordered the roast chicken, which they do well. One person had the lamb. Profiteroles for dessert. A great dinner again.Special Features:
- ExcellenceDininFineDined on 10/9/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary dinner there and were blown away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with clientsEater1VIPDined on 10/8/2014We went there with our clients to take them for a nice lunch and have some wine. It was a very busy day. The lunch and the table service team was excellent. The day manager was very nice and friendly, but overall it felt like the restaurant was in transition compared to Bouchon in Las Vegas which, on the other hand, is a very tight ship with unbelievable service. Tip: Use the Valet Parking and don't try to public park as the parking lot is small and gets filled very quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried Chicken and Biscuit??OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/6/2014Our concierge suggested we try this place. Looked at menu online and seemed reasonable. Shocked to see menu at the restaurant. There were only 4 or 5 dinner entrees and special being "fried chicken and biscuit". Mussels were half cooked and very small. Drink had an after taste. I asked my server if I want a steak I would go to Mastro's across the street. Where is the French food menu? After a while he brought in a full menu. I ordered Trout and was loaded with salt and couldn't taste anything in it. We were deeply disappointed. Their chef needs to visit Christopher's or Zinc Bistro in Phoenix to taste some genuine French food.
- sortiaVIPDined on 10/6/2014I have been to Bouchon a number of times, and I am sad to say that this is the first time that the service was not up to the usual level that I have come to appreciate at Bouchon. Not that it was horrid, just not as on point as normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HABIT-FORMING AD HOC CHICKEN NIGHTlanativeVIPDined on 10/6/2014We enjoyed Monday night's Ad Hoc Chicken Night so much that we are considering making it an indulgent habit. The chicken was crispy and delicious outside and meaty and tender inside. Accompaniments change but we had a mustard based potato salad and a corn succotash that will change your mind about succotash. As always at Bouchon, the service was gracious and never intrusive, attentive and cheerful. Offered on the first and third Mondays of each month, this is a culinary opportunity not to be missed!Special Features:
- lobsterloverlobsterloverDined on 10/6/2014Recommended as noted. However, one carp - the deserts are disappointing and overpriced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only OKDonnaJDined on 10/5/2014My third visit to this restaurant. My impression of it has not gotten any better. Very quiet Sunday night. Not many diners. Did enjoy my pasta and shrimp entrée. Went for birthday dinner. Even though it was mentioned that it was a birthday, not even a complimentary desert.Special Features:
- Always the Best!JBinBHDined on 10/2/2014Same review five star review as all the others that Open Table sends me whenever I dine at Bouchon. It's one of truly wonderful restaurants in LA. I have nothing but good to say about it. It's a friendly spot with great food and terrific service.Special Features:
- TablesRobinVIPDined on 9/30/2014Although there were quite a few tables availabe we were given a table with one seat facing the back wall. We suggested that we sit side by side facing out, using two of the tables--there were 5 empty tables. The Hostess told us very politely they were totally booked and it was impossible--although none of the tables were ever used. Disappointing. Our server was great and dinner was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Autentic FrenchLeoDallaDined on 9/27/2014hot spot, Autentic French bistrô. I will come back with my Wife Good Wine listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful find in Beverly HillsagtnyDined on 9/27/2014Wandering up and downy the streets of Beverly Hills, if one happens upon Bouchon, don't hesitate to stop in and ask for a table. Food and wine are excellent, and although it's "not New York," it's a little bit of Paris in tacky BH.Special Features:
- Outstanding Food!!MichellefriDined on 9/26/2014The main reason anyone goes to Bouchon for the food. If never you've discovered this dining gem. You will be quite pleased with your find. The restaurant is large and quite a lovely design. The wait staff is friendly and helpful. The main drawback of our dining experience was the table service. Items arrived at our table out of order or they did not come at all. It was a busy night and the kitchen seemed unprepared for the crowd. The waitress apologized and did not charge for items that never arrived. I will definitely return to enjoy this fabulous place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014Service was slooooow, food nothing special, my wife ordered the steak frites and asked if the kitchen could hold the shallots, they came on the plate anyway which meant that we ate separately, I was finished by the time her steak arrived. Don't understand why a white tablecloth restaurant with upper scale prices would allow guests to wear baseball hats and shorts in dining room. Server comped drinks after manager forgot to bring my wife the drink that she ordered from him and then brought desert as an acknowledgement that service was slow and steak was incorrect. Cafe on ground level is much more enjoyable.
- DisappointmentPrufrockDinesVIPDined on 9/21/2014Have eaten at Bouchon many times, generally happily, but the service was the worst I can recall. Anywhere. An hour to place our orders. And then every request we made - order of plates, slight changes - was fouled up. The waitress, though sweet, was completely inept and disappeared for ridiculously long stretches. We were sitting outside, so perhaps you're better off inside, where I haven't had problems. But it really took the wind out of a special occasion.Special Features:
- Food is okay, expected goodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/14/2014The food was okay, but I expected a little bit better. Considering how simple and straightforward the menu is and Keller's legendary reputation for being a perfectionist. The gazpacho was just okay, but I expected it to be made with better quality tomatoes than standard issue, supermarket quality roma tomatoes. The quiche was too rich and the crust was flavorless and undercooked. The raw and cold seafood items were okay to very good, but the mussels were slightly overcooked. The raw oysters and clams were top notch. We bought pastries and sweets downstairs. They were very good, especially the bread pudding.Special Features:
- BouchonOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/13/2014Overall, disappointing. The food in Bouchon was unpleasantly rich and overwhelming with flavors/spices; fried/pan seared dishes were literally soaking in butter, which brought the flavor down. The service was impeccable, though. Not the same Bouchon as few years back - DO NOT RECOMMENDSpecial Features:
- A real findvannuysfoodieDined on 9/13/2014We dined at Bouchon with 3 friends on Saturday September 13th. Bouchon is hardly a secret, but being first time diners there, we were blown away by every single aspect of the restaurant, from the beauty of the main dining room, to the service in front-of-house, the bar and dining room, to the exquisite menu, quality and perfection of the food presentation, preparation and taste. For a 5 star restaurant it is surprisingly reasonable, and the bar there makes THE BEST Old Fashioned ever! There is every reason to recommend Bouchon to the most discerning diners and absolutely no reason not to put it high on anyone's list of places to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trout heavenOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This is an amazing place. The loaf of French bread was a delight. Then the trout. It was just superb.Special Features:
- chefjudyDined on 9/11/2014The lamb was so tender however, the most memorable part of dinner was the chocolate mousse dessert. The best I've ever had-melts in your mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuccessOpus1Dined on 9/10/2014I was tying a very important project and knew the clients would enjoy the atmosphere at Bouchon. It makes you feel alive with the activity and professionalism. It says something about a person who goes to this restaurant, successful but not stuffy....We enjoyed our 3 hour lunch and concluded our business over great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very enjoyablestephenVIPDined on 9/9/2014the meal was very good. unfortunately the lemon tart was not very good as the pine nuts do nothing for the tartSpecial Features:
- We'll be back!chowhoundVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had the seafood tower. It was amazing. We can't remember ever having seafood like this, it was sooo fresh. Nothing was dry. Everything perfect including the sauces. What a treat. Having grown up on the east coast & living in L.A. for 20 years, we forgot how great fresh shellfish could be. Bravo to Bouchon!Special Features:
- DisappointingsawbellVIPDined on 9/5/2014This was not a good experience and I will not return. The service was as bad as it gets. We had to ask for our server three times before anyone arrived to take our order. The wine steward came to assist after requesting twice, and he did make a good recommnedation. The food was, at best, fair, and they forgot to bring our appetizers, which they did, later provide after our entrees for free. The shrimp cocktail was actually the best part of the meal. Overall it was an extremely unpleasant experience.
- Outstanding serviceTamarskiDined on 9/5/2014We came to celebrate a birthday. We had some appetizers and dessert. The focus of our meal was a dozen oysters and they were fabulous; four different kids, three each. Our server suggested some salads (heirloom tomato, and a special, soft-shell crab) which went well with the oysters. Add two desserts and a complimentary birthday dessert, and we left full and happy.Special Features:
- FABULOUS as alwaysChrisVIPDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed our diner and surrounding as always, service is excellent, food dropped down one notch from previous visits. We had lamb shank and although it was tender, there were basically no vegetables, plating looked sparse.Special Features:
- luv2dineDined on 9/2/2014We sat on the lanai and it was cold. They said they would put the heater on but they didn't. That made it uncomfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forget the chickenAndrewVIPDined on 9/1/2014I went for the fried chicken from the famous Ad Hoc recipe. This review is specific to the chicken other than to note that the entrance to the restaurant is complicated and uninviting. The service: No one came for between 5 and 10 minutes. Then, the chicken arrived almost immediately. I have been to Bouchon before and the service was first rate. The chicken was a terrible disappointment. The sides (we had two orders) were OK but way too small, the cornbread was thin and uninspired, but, worse, was the chicken. Start with four legs and two thighs. No white meat for $38 per person? The chicken was bland, not particularly crispy, and the thigh was both undercooked and so fatty and full of cartilege that there was less to eat than the leg.
- The Fried Chicken DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/1/2014Before 7:00 PM and out of white meat? On an evening when the draw was specifically the Fried Chicken Special? And one of the dark meat pieces arrives raw in the middle? The Peach Cobbler is really peach crisp and WAY overpriced. Save your self the heartache and disappointment and go to KFC or El Pollo Loco. You will be happier.
- Another fabulous birthday night!AnnieDined on 9/1/2014Our family has been twice in the last month and Thomas takes such great care of us! First time for fried chicken night which is dynamite!Special Features:
- AdHoc Fried Chicken MondaysBardDined on 9/1/2014We had a group of six. We were seated in a nice quiet quasi booth. We all ordered the Fried Chicken. This is served on the first and third Mondays of the month. The service was great. The restaurant was a little too warm. My only criticism is the serving of the mashed potatoes was lite. The French fries were to die for as well as the oysters.Special Features:
- yumOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014food is great. i like the attention to detail. Great food without the pretension. I hate restaurants that are stuffy.... Bring AD HOC to Orange County please. I hate coming to LA for good food.Special Features:
- Almost perfectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The service was very good and friendly. I asked to have my meat "blue", it was medium cooked. I told the people it was the birthday of the lady with us. I was expecting like in every restaurant a cake for her with a candle, nothing came,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.