Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
505 Thames St.
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bouchardnewport.com/
- Phone: 4018460123
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Albert J Bouchard III
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Let Restaurant Bouchard cater your next function! We can provide our services on-site in our large suite on the premises, or we can provide our services off-site as well. Our talented staff can take your event to the next level, providing fine French-inspired cuisine to your guests anywhere around the Newport area. Just call the restaurant at 401.846.0123 to talk with us about planning the consummate private event!
A word from Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
176 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (148)romantic (135)fit for foodies (130)notable wine list (73)neighborhood gem (59)good for groups (8)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent and SubstantialYatBDined on 10/26/2014Everything was excellent including a coup of expresso (sugar float on the top before it goes down).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/26/2014Lived up to all the hype! It was better than i ever could imagine!Special Features:
- PeefectionJudyKDined on 10/26/2014Never been disappointed. Great food. The lobster bisque is the best ever. Both our entrees were fantastic. Service is great. Desserts are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss this placeMpoc17Dined on 10/26/2014If you are looking for a special place with outstanding food, dine at Bouchards. Dinner was outstanding, service was over the top and desert was to die for. This place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAndreaDined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Bouchard last Saturday night. The service is amazing. Our waiter had full knowledge of the menu and was very helpful in making suggestions without being overbearing. We started with the tuna tartar and a salad with warm pears. Both were exceptional. My husband had a veal chop in mushroom sauce. He loved it. I had the cod oscar in a mouth watering butter sauce. The Grand Manier souffle put us both over the top. If you ever have the chance, this is a special night not to be missed.Special Features:
- 1st wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The food and atmosphere was perfect for celebrating our first wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!mnoormo1VIPDined on 10/23/2014From the appetizers to the entrees, all the dishes get an enthusiastic two thumbs up. The sauces accompanying the entrees were very flavorful. The service was fantastic. My wife was dissappointed that steak frites were not on the menu. Max - our waiter - brought steak frites for her from the sister restaurant (Revolving Door) on the house. Portions were perfect. I had room to enjoy the creme brulee. If you choose to dine at this restaurant, ask to be seated where Max is tending to diners.Special Features:
- FabulousBonVivantintrainingDined on 10/23/2014An amazing experience. One taste was as amazing as the last from the scallop ravioli appetizer and the pate, the salad, the fillet of beef or the pork tenderloins stuffed with goat cheese, spinach, red peppers and encrusted in bread. Vegetables were terrific and ever part of every dish was prepared correctly. Vegetables were crisp, the meat tender, the pate smooth and all the sauces were flavorful. For dessert we enjoyed a perfect Grand Marnier soufflé. A few glasses of wine and our special dinner was very special. Our wait staff was very personable, attentive and expert in the care to give you a special meal. The portions were also generous. I also felt the pricing was very reasonable for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningabeermanDined on 10/22/2014Very creative dishes, elegantly prepared. The vegetable side dish was a work of art, and extremely tasty. Delicious main courses. High end -- pricey.Special Features:
- Special treatBillybuddDined on 10/20/2014We are out of towners who almost plan our trip around having dinner here. The food, service and ambiance are exceptional. You feel the entire reataurant is there just for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service were excellent. The pricing is in line with fine restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULARTALLSEASONSDined on 10/13/2014We enjoyed a fantastic dinner with a great bottle of wine. Prompt, attentive and knowledgeable service. A night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting friends in NewporttopdinerDined on 10/12/2014Our first impression was somewhat disappointing as, having met up with our friends in the adjoining bar, we had to return there at our appointed dining time as our table was not ready. However, once we returned and were seated, this was a wonderfully memorable meal. The service and food/wine were absolutely superb - equal to the finest dining we have experienced anywhere. At the end of the meal, we asked the restaurant staff to call our hotel to send the promised car to collect us, but they came back apologetically to report that the hotel driver had gone home and the hotel suggested we got a cab. The owners of Bouchard were in reception and the husband of the couple drove us back to our hotel. Great service - we will returnSpecial Features:
- Best Meal in NewportLenoxVIPDined on 10/12/2014Number 1 ratings are all well deserved. Outstanding service (Max et al) and food. Lobster asparagus tart was excellent. Monkfish with lobster special was complex and delicious. Squab was beautifully prepared. Apple tart dessert was perfect. Hard to beat.Special Features:
- Fine CuisinebatteriedecuisineDined on 10/10/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants ever and I have dined all over the world. The food is without question the best....no matter what you choose.Special Features:
- Favorite Special OccassionTerriDined on 10/8/2014I just love Bouchard's in Newport. This is our 8th year celebrating our Anniversary there. The Chef is extra special and goes out of his way to make your meal something you will remember for a long time. I can't say enough about the staff and the lovely restaurant itself. On a scale of 10, I would give it a 15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmDAK55Dined on 10/6/2014The food, atmosphere and service were all superior! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Great suggestions for wine to go with our duck and fish dishes.Special Features:
- Best food in RIOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014I have never had anything less than a fabulous meal at Bouchard! The duck is absolutely amazing and the service is excellent>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDonnaDined on 10/4/2014We have been to Bouchards numerous times and have always had a very fine meal. Nice atmosphere and I love that they have some rounds tables for when we have a larger group. Waiters have always been personable and knowledgeable. Can usually expect a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Deserves the Accolades!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014We spent this past weekend in Newport. It was our first time visiting, and like many others, we used Tripadvisor to find a restaurant. Brouchard is the #1 rated place in Newport and it is well deserved. The food was absolutely amazing. We ordered pastry wrapped pork loin and stuffed lobster, and both were wonderful. The only slight complaint is that the cocktails my wife and I ordered seemed slightly watered down. If you have the time and are willing to spend a little extra, definitely check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Great waiter.EclecticDJVIPDined on 10/1/2014Enjoyed a fabulous dinner here this week. Max, our waiter at first seemed a little stiff as the place tries to maintain an upscale air. (They stress their dress code. The waiters in Tuxes.) But he was efficient, smart and had a nice sense of humor. The food was top notch. Impressive chops in the kitchen. I would go back again and again if I was in Newport more often. Excellent.Special Features:
- Best Meal EverbchlovrVIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal and service at Bouchard Restaurant. The best duck entree encrusted in coffee I have ever eaten. My husbands lamb chops were also delicious. The service was the best I have experienced in a restaurant, we never felt neglected and also never rushed. This was a great find on a recent trip--would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is a foodie!Special Features:
- Very good but,AstuteObserverVIPDined on 9/29/2014While the food was overall quite good and the ambience very nice and charming the service was not quite as attentive as I'm accustomed to in a restaurant that is highly regarded. The staff seemed ,stretched a bit too thin. One more captain and one or two servers could have made a huge difference. While clearly capable they seemed a bit too busy to pay adequate attention to each table. The Bisque was very good, the re stuffed Lobster was excellent and the only flat note in the food was the Grand Marnier Soufflé which is supposed to be legendary. Ours was undercooked ie a bit runny vs light and fluffy and far too sweet, the sugar overpowered any other potentially subtle flavor. Having said this it was good enough I would try it again.Special Features:
- Don't pass this one upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The food , service and atmosphere are all wrapped up into a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014Chose this restaurant based on various reviews to celebrate out Anniversary this past weekend while visiting Newport. Was only able to secure a late reservation for 9pm but was seated quickly and the service was outstanding. Enjoyed signature cocktails, wonderful appetizers, great main course and a celebratory Gran Marnier Souffle for dessert along with complimentary champagne! The decor and ambiance was perfect as well. Our Head Captain and server were wonderful and very knowlegeable. Would highly recommend!Special Features:
- European flairjadednewyorkerDined on 9/27/2014I was advised to make reservations far in advance and good thing I did. The place gets books weeks in advance. The hostess, the waiter, interior and the music list were equally pleasant with a touch of Parisian flair. Our group of 4 has ordered various appetizers and main dishes so we could sample different things. Stuffed lobster was out of this world and so was the coffee crusted duck breast and a veal chop. It's almost impossible to choose the best among the appetizers. Everything was cooked to perfection. After such an impressive start, the dessert course was somewhat less memorable. Next time we would just order coffee and end on the high note.Special Features:
- Not impressedSWlwVIPDined on 9/26/2014In this day and age why impose a dress code that disallows jeans in the dining room? that's the confirmation voice mail they leave you before your dining experience. The room was disappointing...we've been to prettier places (Muse in Newport is one). I ordered a martini and it didn't come until I asked the waiter for it again about ten minutes later. He totally forgot. He served us our first pouring of wine from the bottle we ordered. He never bothered to return to fill our wine glasses again. Not what we expected for fine dining service. Food was just okay...we won't return.
- Happy CustomerTBPMDined on 9/26/2014Bouchard Restaurant and Inn were even better than anticipated. Our room (Britanny) was immaculate, updated and comfortable. The breakfast that was brought to our room every morning was a great way to start the day. Love that they don't nickle and dime you for milk/OJ/water in the fridge as it is already built into your room fee. The location of the Inn was terrific. We could walk to the Cliff Walks and any of the mansions. Easy walk into the historic section of town as well as all the piers and restaurants. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Loved the mini-tour guide we got on the map when we checked in. I would stay here again and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great place to stay in Newport.Special Features:
- Up Scale EveningVan4Dined on 9/25/2014Great food and wine list. Great service, friendly and knowledgable .Special Features:
- Our Favorite Place in NewportFabulousVIPDined on 9/25/2014We wat at Bouchards each time we visit Newport. The food is consistently superb and the service is impeccable.Special Features:
- My favoritePunt68Dined on 9/25/2014This is the best in newport and New England I have been back every year for five years!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BigGBigGDined on 9/25/2014excellent in all ways. compares very favorably with great restaurants anywhere. Service, food and presentation was outstanding. I wish this restaurant was in NYC so we could go there on a regular basusSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining ReviewRudolphDined on 9/24/2014The guests I dined with loved their dishes. I had the escargot as an appetizer which was excellent, whoever I was disappointed with the main dish, the Dover sole which was bland and a sauce with no taste. My dessert the profiteroles which was supposed to come in a chocolate caramel sauce was being served with a minimal amount of chocolate sauce and and an overpowering fruit cream sauce. I did not finish the puff pastry which was very dry. If though with my disappointing experience I would come back to experience my friends dishes.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014We were so pleased with everything from start to finish. The service was impeccable. From first course to the Grand Marnier soufflé the food was delicious and the presentation picture perfect. Our waiter was charming. We highly recommend Open Table to anyone who appreciates and enjoys fine dining.Special Features:
- Special Night OutFrequentDinerDined on 9/21/2014Excellent restaurant. Small and intimate with a true French flair. Waiters dress in Tuxedos. Superior food and very good service.Special Features:
- GREAT and TERRIFICOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever been. Everything was perfect from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Made our top 5!!!Kev0919Dined on 9/20/2014Great all around! Food phenomenal service excellent! Could not ask for a better experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemBradVIPDined on 9/19/2014We come to Newport usually twice a year. Primarily to come to our favorite restaurant. One of the best dessert soufflés you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Delightful Meal!savourydishVIPDined on 9/19/2014We eat out often in Newport and have never tried Bouchard. Last night we decided to go for a special night out to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant did not disappoint. The service was excellent. The waiter was attentive, and friendly yet not intrusive. The menu is French with an American flare. Everything was exceptional - from the warm bread to the light and tasty salad to the fish and beef that melted in our mouths. It was a perfectly paced dinner and we savoured every minute. We finished our dinner with the restaurant's highly recommended Soufflé dessert accompanied by a Grand Marnier liqueur. It was a wonderful way to end our meal. This is our new favourite Newport restaurant and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Absolutely superb!lovesfinediningVIPDined on 9/18/2014Consistently excellent and never disappoints. Every dish is a work of art.Special Features: