Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
505 Thames St.
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bouchardnewport.com/
- Phone: 4018460123
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Albert J Bouchard III
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Let Restaurant Bouchard cater your next function! We can provide our services on-site in our large suite on the premises, or we can provide our services off-site as well. Our talented staff can take your event to the next level, providing fine French-inspired cuisine to your guests anywhere around the Newport area. Just call the restaurant at 401.846.0123 to talk with us about planning the consummate private event!
A word from Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
174 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (140)romantic (135)fit for foodies (120)notable wine list (75)neighborhood gem (55)good for groups (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- GREAT and TERRIFICOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/20/2014One of the best restaurants I have ever been. Everything was perfect from the service to the food.Special Features:
- Made our top 5!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014Great all around! Food phenomenal service excellent! Could not ask for a better experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gemBradVIPDined on 9/19/2014We come to Newport usually twice a year. Primarily to come to our favorite restaurant. One of the best dessert soufflés you will ever have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and Delightful Meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/19/2014We eat out often in Newport and have never tried Bouchard. Last night we decided to go for a special night out to celebrate our anniversary. The restaurant did not disappoint. The service was excellent. The waiter was attentive, and friendly yet not intrusive. The menu is French with an American flare. Everything was exceptional - from the warm bread to the light and tasty salad to the fish and beef that melted in our mouths. It was a perfectly paced dinner and we savoured every minute. We finished our dinner with the restaurant's highly recommended Soufflé dessert accompanied by a Grand Marnier liqueur. It was a wonderful way to end our meal. This is our new favourite Newport restaurant and we will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Absolutely superb!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/18/2014Consistently excellent and never disappoints. Every dish is a work of art.Special Features:
- I loved this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/18/2014Charming and romantic place in the little sea side town of Newport R.I.Wonderful service and better than average menu with great desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply ExcellentLoves2dineDined on 9/18/2014Food, presentation, and service was outstanding. We return every summer and leave each time saying Bouchard was the highpoint of the visit. A must do in Newport!Special Features:
- Not to be MissedOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/15/2014Went for our anniversary and Bouchard did not disappoint. From appetizer to the Soufflé everything was delicious. The pate which I had for an appetizer was probably the best I have ever had. My husband's scallop ravioli melted in your mouth. The baby lamb chops, again cooked perfectly and the veal chop was tender and fabulous. The soufflé was just the right touch to top off the evening and it was presented to us on a plate with congratulatory wishes for our anniversary written in chocolate. It was accompanied by two glasses of Champaign which was complements of the house. Service was impeccable! With so many wonderful restaurants in Newport, Bouchard will be revisited by us many times to come and is now one of our favorites.Special Features:
- MY NEW FAVORITE RESTAURANTThe3BuddiesDined on 9/14/2014Bouchard's is wonderful. From the moment we arrived everything was exquisite. We were greeted by Sarah, seated at a lovely table, and tended to by a wonderful wait staff. Our waiter, Daniel, was outstanding. Our dinners were superb. We will definitely be back. In fact, can't wait for the next time.Special Features:
- fabulous!SheilsyDined on 9/14/2014The service was quiet and impeccable and the food was superb. A very fine dining experience for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMGOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014It was unbelievably delicious. And our waiter, Maxim, was to die for! He suggested wines to go with what we ordered and -they were totally reasonably priced. We don't speak any French at all, but my husband is out to find the most delicious Demi glacé sauce for steak. We literally pointed at the menu to show what we wanted since the titles were written in French although there was an English description. Maxim never made us feel inadequate and we always felt that he wanted to help us have the best and most delicious evening possible. We will definitely return! Kudos to the chef! Most delectable!Special Features:
- Best in Newportglh3VIPDined on 9/12/2014This the best restaurant in Newport and and the best restaurants in which I have dined anywhere. The foie gras and coffee-crusted (yes, that's right) duck breast were outstanding.Special Features:
- Wonderful Inn/excellent dinner spotCarolinagirlDined on 9/11/2014I've been to Newport several times and always stay in different spots. I found this looking for something a little different and was not disappointed. The Buchard Inn and Restaurant was a delight! The service and food was excellent. The staff are extremely kind, the room and bed very comfortable. I will definitely be back to stay at the Inn and dine in their lovely restaurant!Special Features:
- oustandingpleasedDined on 9/8/2014I was impressed with this restaurant immensely. The lobster on puff pastry was delicious, as was the lobster with brie. My husbands steak was like butter and he said he never had meat so tender. The waitstaff was impeccable and attentive but not overbearing. Overall a memorable dining experience! We are total foodies and both said this was a meal we will never forget. The next time we are in Newport it will be a definite stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing SaucesDiningroundDined on 9/7/2014Great food. Asparagus & lobster in puff pastry was the star app. The sauces on all four entrees were incredible. Dover sole, filet mignon, pork, and duck were all too good to claim a favorite. The ambiance was okay but affected by service area being too close to dining, and a bit loud. While dinner was relaxed and & not at all rushed, we also spent too much time waiting ie. for water, to order, to pay, etc. Our request to take leftovers home was either overlooked, misunderstood, or forgotten and we did not want to take the time to ask about that upon leaving. I was sorry for that at lunch time the next day!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So nice -OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014We both had Pork Tenderloin with Spinach, Goat Cheese and Red Peppers, wrapped in Puff Pastry, with a Roasted Garlic Demi glace Sauce. I highly recommend it - it was perfection. Server Max was great and surprised us with flutes of champaign for our wedding anniversary! Hope to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PainterDined on 9/6/2014Been there many times. Dan our waiter is the best. Lobster brisk and the veal chop are simply amazing. Free parking is available which adds to a great night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarryADined on 9/5/2014Promptly seated. Lovely amfiance. Attentive service. Upscale presentation and menu. Elegant,fine dining,priced accordingly. Best combination in Newport, so far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/4/2014This restaurant was the one of the best restaurants in Newport, RI. The chef is a master at sauces. Escargot outstanding as well as duck breast and squab which is what we had. Would recommend. Some other restaurants more expensive and not as good.Special Features:
- Fantastique -- Complete PerfectionFun2CritiqueDined on 9/4/2014Chose Bouchard's to celebrate our wedding anniversary. They executed flawlessly on all accounts. Wonderful food, service and ambiance. We could not be happier. Try it and see for yourself!Special Features:
- memorable experienceluv2dineDined on 9/3/2014Bouchard was a marvelous French restaurant (the only 1 in Newport) where we had exquisite food, service and ambience. The coffee crusted duck was outstanding, as was the grand marnier souflee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb food & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014Excellent appetizer, lobster bisque and stuffed lobster. Superior dining experience.Special Features:
- Love this restaurant3dogsDined on 8/31/2014The service is impeccable, the food is delicious classic french with a twist and together they make Bouchard's our favorite fine dining restaurant in Newport. My husband and I will return here each time we are in area for a fantastic dining experience. We brought our 19 yr old son this time and he enjoyed it as much as we did. The sauces are outstanding but make sure to leave room for the souffle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- really wonderful dining experienceWillDined on 8/31/2014We went to Bouchard for our five year anniversary, and it was truly wonderful. The food was absolutely delicious, and the staff was very friendly (especially the hostess/manager). The only complaint we had is that food delivery was quite slow, but in all fairness, it was a busy night on a holiday weekend. We will certainly go back the next time we are in Newport, and we will recommend Bouchard to our friends!Special Features:
- Absolutely fabulousFoodluvDined on 8/30/2014Everything was outstanding- food was exquisite, wine (recommended to us by our waiter) paired well with our meals - and the staff was extremely attentive and friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food and serviceLadyinredDined on 8/30/2014The food at Bouchard Restaurant is absolutely spectacular, and the service and professionalism of the waiters is outstanding. My husband and I celebrated our 20th anniversary there, and I must say that it was difficult to select which mouthwatering appetizer and entree we wanted, particularly when the addition of the specials was described to us. I ultimately selected the asparagus and lobster in a puff pastry with a cream sauce as an appetizer, and my husband selected the escargot with a garlic cream sauce. Each of the appetizers was so fantastic that we wiped up every morsel of the sauce that we could with the wonderful rolls. Beef Wellington and Cod Oscar as entree specials were equally fantastic. Dine here if you can!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A French ParadiseGerryBDined on 8/30/2014As the reservation manager elect, I was particularly interested in having all go well for our party of eight. Firstly, any restaurants, such as the one we chose for the previous night's dinner, will not set a table for eight - no problem at Bouchard. Maitre d' Dan had the perfect mix of classy presentation and down to earth humor in response to our folksy group. Secondly, the food was fantastic, from the preambles froides (hot appetizers to the pour finir (desserts), and everything in between. I highly recommend this fine establishment on your next visit to Newport.Special Features:
- AmazingLisiVIPDined on 8/29/2014One of the best restaurants have visited in a long time. Impeccable food and service. Beautiful venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bouchard, Newport, RIA1sbestDined on 8/28/2014One wonders if the delightful place could ever be the same without Sarah and Albert. But that is not meant to belittle the waitstaff and table help or the wonderful kitchen Chef Albert has assembled. My most recent visit, of 28 August, only confirms very favorable memories of severals years past. I will make a greater effort to return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Top NotchGourmegDined on 8/25/2014Every time we return to Bouchard the food, service and ambience is consistently top notch. In a world where nothing stays the same and top quality is rare Bouchard hits the mark every time. Make a reservation and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HerrDocDined on 8/24/2014Excellent as always. Appetizer special (scallop ravioli) was wonderful, as was the lobster pastry. Re-stuffed lobster (lobster & scallop, with cream and cheese) was superb, as was the cod oscar. This restaurant never disappoints.Special Features:
- RUDE WAITERannieVIPDined on 8/23/2014OUR WAITER WAS EXTREMELY RUDE AND IMPOLITE. HE HAD A MISERABLE ATTITUDE FROM THE BEGINNING. HE BALKED AT HAVING TO REPEAT A SPECIAL, REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE OUR 50TH ANNIVERSARY WICH WE WERE CELEBRATING WITH OUR DEAR FRIENDS WHO WERE ALSO CELEBRATING THEIR 50TH ANNIVERSARY, AND REFUSED TO TAKE A PICTURE OF US!!
- shadowVIPDined on 8/23/2014Everything was excellent--food, service, atmosphere. Went for our anniversary last year and returned again this year for same. Did not disappoint. It lived up to our expectations. Great menu. So many options that sounded good that it was hard to choose. Plan to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional food, ambiance&service.BretagneTouJoursDined on 8/22/2014Fine eateries are often classed by stars which in essence is irrelevant! Bouchard is of a class equal to the old Lutece, Madrigal, or Perigord in NYC, Da Ivo in Venezia, or La Procope in Paris, out-of-the-way eateries known and appreciated by true gourmands: it is all in the preparation and sauces, not the volume of food to eat! Should you have a most sensitive palate, Bouchard is a MUST in Newport, City-by-the-Sea!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCJK123Dined on 8/22/2014What a fantastic meal. Food and service were outstanding. This place is a gem in Newport. Pricey but more than worth it. I will pay for a great meal any time. The escargot appetizer was the best I've eve had. The fresh tuna tartar was outstanding as well. I will visit each time I vacation in Newport!Special Features:
- Best Restaurant in Rhode IslandDonoharm1Dined on 8/22/2014We found Bouchard's listed as the top ten restaurant in Newport, RI. We had a delightful dining experience. Max our waiter and our waitress were excellent. They paid attention to our orders, did not rush our meals and were very personable. Our meals were presented beautifully and were delicious. The quality of the food and service rival any restaurant in Providence, RI, Boston, MA, Las Vegas, NV and New York, NY. This is a perfect restaurant for any special occasion.Special Features:
- Excellent!SteveDined on 8/21/2014Getting the reservation time we wanted was difficult - so we adapted to their schedule. This restaurant was highly recommended by friends - and they were right. We are so overwhelmed with Italian restaurants and food - which we love - that finding French cuisine was a real opportunity. Minor glitch in service - not even bad, just minutely less than excellent.Special Features:
- Wonderful DinnerMikeDined on 8/18/2014My wife and I just had a memorable meal at Bouchard's. The food was excellent and the service was perfect We've eaten at Bouchard's before and it was always a great experience but they seem to have stepped up their game. Bravo.Special Features:
- sandysgemm99Dined on 8/17/2014The food was great the works are great was a good time a must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderfulluv2eatDined on 8/17/2014Complete meal. Everything was excellent. Restuffed lobster waks excellent, get the soufflé.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.