Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
505 Thames St.
Newport, RI 02840Neighborhood:
Contemporary FrenchPrice: $31 to $50
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.bouchardnewport.com/
- Phone: (401) 846-0123
- Hours of Operation:
Wednesday - Monday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Albert J Bouchard III
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
- Catering: Let Restaurant Bouchard cater your next function! We can provide our services on-site in our large suite on the premises, or we can provide our services off-site as well. Our talented staff can take your event to the next level, providing fine French-inspired cuisine to your guests anywhere around the Newport area. Just call the restaurant at 401.846.0123 to talk with us about planning the consummate private event!
A word from Bouchard Restaurant and Inn
At Bouchard Restaurant, a warm relaxed ambiance and gracious welcome signals your arrival. The restaurant serves fine French cuisine in a 1785 Georgian-style house.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn - Best Restaurants in Newport ›
Bouchard Restaurant and Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
183 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (156)romantic (140)fit for foodies (137)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (63)good for groups (8)hot spot (8)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Charming PlaceSheil31VIPDined on 11/21/2014We were vacationing in Newport and celebrating our anniversary. We chose this restaurant for our anniversary dinner since it has the best reviews. The reviews were right. This is a charming, cozy restaurant that made sure our anniversary was recognized and made special. Our waiter, Max, was the best. The food was delicious. The cocktails are excellent as well. Our dessert plate had Bon Anniversarie written on it and the restaurant gave us glasses of champagne on the house. We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTMBDined on 11/21/2014Our evening was magnificent! The food and friendly service was spectacular. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beat in NewportOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2014We dined on a quiet Mon night, , great food, great service, we Loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the best "doggie" bag, ever.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/16/2014everything was excellent. the next day, when i opened my "doggie" bag, i was pleasantly surprised to see that there were fresh potatoes and veggies added to my leftover chicken. so elegant and first class all the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentChachaDined on 11/15/2014Outstanding flavors of all food items. The levels of the flavors was incredible. The chef made simple items taste complex. The desserts were beautiful too. Si glad we finally made it to a plce in our own backyard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bouchard's truly outstandingMarcDined on 11/15/2014I had the pleasure of experiencing this wonderful establishment this weekend during the Newport restaurant week. The meal was outstanding, the room is intimate and bright, and the service is top notch. Each plate was not only delicious but also visually stunning. The pumpkin soufflé was light airy and delicious.Special Features:
- Our favorite . . . by farTommyDined on 11/13/2014This is the ultimate fine dining experience in every way - - from the warm greeting by the owner in the front foyer to the ambiance of the fine decor, from the professionalism of the waitstaff to the gourmet menu and the exquisite presentation of every course. This is our very favorite restaurant for a special evening out. The moment you walk through the door, you realize you are about to experience a truly continental evening not to be forgotten.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/12/2014It was Newport restaurant week, so the place was packed and service was verrrrrry slooooow, but the food was as wonderful as ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!mokoDined on 11/7/2014We have been to this restaurant a few times now...the food and service are always fabulous.Special Features:
- this place NEVER disappointsOFNCtRIVIPDined on 11/6/2014We have been going to Bouchards for many, many years and they have NEVER given us anything but the most impeccably prepared, classic cuisine. The level of excellence in sustaining the quality of their food and its presentation is quite remarkable. If you like the classics, this is the place to find them at their best.
- Superb!LandCDined on 11/5/2014On a routine weekday in early November, this Newport, RI restaurant provided us one of the best meals we have ever had. We have eaten at great restaurants all over this country and in major cities in Europe; Bouchard was simply outstanding in every respect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeterDined on 11/5/2014Everthing was great, except $4.00 for a small cup of coffee (no refills) was taking advantage. otherwise, enjoyed very muchSpecial Features:
- Can you top this?BetsytownerDined on 11/2/2014After several visits to Newport over 40 years, Bouchard has to be our best find. This is first class all the way. The 5 stars I awarded are well earned. I seldom give such a rating as I always leave room for improvement. There is no room for Bouchard to move up a notch. Perfection is their goal and successfully achieved.Special Features:
- Unforgettable ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014We wanted a truly memorable experience for our son as we celebrated a momentous achievement of his. What we received was an unforgettable night filled with the best food we have ever eaten as well as an ambiance that was out of this world. We were made to feel extremely special and welcomed in an elegant atmosphere.Special Features:
- worth 5 starspiffalaDined on 10/29/2014Their is only one word that describes our experience.....perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalDaveyjDined on 10/29/2014The food was perfect, service excellent. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and SubstantialYatBDined on 10/26/2014Everything was excellent including a coup of expresso (sugar float on the top before it goes down).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!HhaibtDined on 10/26/2014Lived up to all the hype! It was better than i ever could imagine!Special Features:
- PeefectionJudyKDined on 10/26/2014Never been disappointed. Great food. The lobster bisque is the best ever. Both our entrees were fantastic. Service is great. Desserts are fabulous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do not miss this placeMpoc17Dined on 10/26/2014If you are looking for a special place with outstanding food, dine at Bouchards. Dinner was outstanding, service was over the top and desert was to die for. This place is a must.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceAndreaDined on 10/25/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Bouchard last Saturday night. The service is amazing. Our waiter had full knowledge of the menu and was very helpful in making suggestions without being overbearing. We started with the tuna tartar and a salad with warm pears. Both were exceptional. My husband had a veal chop in mushroom sauce. He loved it. I had the cod oscar in a mouth watering butter sauce. The Grand Manier souffle put us both over the top. If you ever have the chance, this is a special night not to be missed.Special Features:
- 1st wedding anniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The food and atmosphere was perfect for celebrating our first wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!mnoormo1VIPDined on 10/23/2014From the appetizers to the entrees, all the dishes get an enthusiastic two thumbs up. The sauces accompanying the entrees were very flavorful. The service was fantastic. My wife was dissappointed that steak frites were not on the menu. Max - our waiter - brought steak frites for her from the sister restaurant (Revolving Door) on the house. Portions were perfect. I had room to enjoy the creme brulee. If you choose to dine at this restaurant, ask to be seated where Max is tending to diners.Special Features:
- FabulousBonVivantintrainingDined on 10/23/2014An amazing experience. One taste was as amazing as the last from the scallop ravioli appetizer and the pate, the salad, the fillet of beef or the pork tenderloins stuffed with goat cheese, spinach, red peppers and encrusted in bread. Vegetables were terrific and ever part of every dish was prepared correctly. Vegetables were crisp, the meat tender, the pate smooth and all the sauces were flavorful. For dessert we enjoyed a perfect Grand Marnier soufflé. A few glasses of wine and our special dinner was very special. Our wait staff was very personable, attentive and expert in the care to give you a special meal. The portions were also generous. I also felt the pricing was very reasonable for the quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant DiningabeermanDined on 10/22/2014Very creative dishes, elegantly prepared. The vegetable side dish was a work of art, and extremely tasty. Delicious main courses. High end -- pricey.Special Features:
- Special treatBillybuddDined on 10/20/2014We are out of towners who almost plan our trip around having dinner here. The food, service and ambiance are exceptional. You feel the entire reataurant is there just for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service were excellent. The pricing is in line with fine restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WONDERFULARTALLSEASONSDined on 10/13/2014We enjoyed a fantastic dinner with a great bottle of wine. Prompt, attentive and knowledgeable service. A night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meeting friends in NewporttopdinerDined on 10/12/2014Our first impression was somewhat disappointing as, having met up with our friends in the adjoining bar, we had to return there at our appointed dining time as our table was not ready. However, once we returned and were seated, this was a wonderfully memorable meal. The service and food/wine were absolutely superb - equal to the finest dining we have experienced anywhere. At the end of the meal, we asked the restaurant staff to call our hotel to send the promised car to collect us, but they came back apologetically to report that the hotel driver had gone home and the hotel suggested we got a cab. The owners of Bouchard were in reception and the husband of the couple drove us back to our hotel. Great service - we will returnSpecial Features:
- Best Meal in NewportLenoxVIPDined on 10/12/2014Number 1 ratings are all well deserved. Outstanding service (Max et al) and food. Lobster asparagus tart was excellent. Monkfish with lobster special was complex and delicious. Squab was beautifully prepared. Apple tart dessert was perfect. Hard to beat.Special Features:
- Fine CuisinebatteriedecuisineDined on 10/10/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants ever and I have dined all over the world. The food is without question the best....no matter what you choose.Special Features:
- Favorite Special OccassionTerriDined on 10/8/2014I just love Bouchard's in Newport. This is our 8th year celebrating our Anniversary there. The Chef is extra special and goes out of his way to make your meal something you will remember for a long time. I can't say enough about the staff and the lovely restaurant itself. On a scale of 10, I would give it a 15.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old world charmDAK55Dined on 10/6/2014The food, atmosphere and service were all superior! We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Great suggestions for wine to go with our duck and fish dishes.Special Features:
- Best food in RIOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/5/2014I have never had anything less than a fabulous meal at Bouchard! The duck is absolutely amazing and the service is excellent>Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary dinnerDonnaDined on 10/4/2014We have been to Bouchards numerous times and have always had a very fine meal. Nice atmosphere and I love that they have some rounds tables for when we have a larger group. Waiters have always been personable and knowledgeable. Can usually expect a lovely evening.Special Features:
- Deserves the Accolades!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/2/2014We spent this past weekend in Newport. It was our first time visiting, and like many others, we used Tripadvisor to find a restaurant. Brouchard is the #1 rated place in Newport and it is well deserved. The food was absolutely amazing. We ordered pastry wrapped pork loin and stuffed lobster, and both were wonderful. The only slight complaint is that the cocktails my wife and I ordered seemed slightly watered down. If you have the time and are willing to spend a little extra, definitely check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Great waiter.EclecticDJVIPDined on 10/1/2014Enjoyed a fabulous dinner here this week. Max, our waiter at first seemed a little stiff as the place tries to maintain an upscale air. (They stress their dress code. The waiters in Tuxes.) But he was efficient, smart and had a nice sense of humor. The food was top notch. Impressive chops in the kitchen. I would go back again and again if I was in Newport more often. Excellent.Special Features:
- Best Meal EverbchlovrVIPDined on 10/1/2014My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful meal and service at Bouchard Restaurant. The best duck entree encrusted in coffee I have ever eaten. My husbands lamb chops were also delicious. The service was the best I have experienced in a restaurant, we never felt neglected and also never rushed. This was a great find on a recent trip--would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is a foodie!Special Features:
- Very good but,AstuteObserverVIPDined on 9/29/2014While the food was overall quite good and the ambience very nice and charming the service was not quite as attentive as I'm accustomed to in a restaurant that is highly regarded. The staff seemed ,stretched a bit too thin. One more captain and one or two servers could have made a huge difference. While clearly capable they seemed a bit too busy to pay adequate attention to each table. The Bisque was very good, the re stuffed Lobster was excellent and the only flat note in the food was the Grand Marnier Soufflé which is supposed to be legendary. Ours was undercooked ie a bit runny vs light and fluffy and far too sweet, the sugar overpowered any other potentially subtle flavor. Having said this it was good enough I would try it again.Special Features:
- Don't pass this one upOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The food , service and atmosphere are all wrapped up into a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.