441 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bottlefork.com/
- Phone: 3129551900x
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY & TUESDAY: 5pm-10pm
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY: 5pm-11pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY: 5pm-12am
MONDAY TO FRIDAY: 11:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Hickey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
A word from Bottlefork
Bottlefork, from Rockit Ranch Productions partners Billy Dec, Brad Young and Arturo Gomez, and former Four Seasons Executive Chef Kevin Hickey, is a comfortably stylish New American bar and kitchen offering modern interpretations of both familiar and new American dishes that feature local and global ingredients. The food and beverage programs work together seamlessly at Bottlefork with an emphasis on all things seasonal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Bottlefork reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (127)hot spot (93)vibrant bar scene (67)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (41)special occasion (39)great for lunch (36)late-night find (32)great for brunch (31)great for outdoor dining (29)romantic (28)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- DifferentLizz1212VIPDined on 9/16/2014Interesting concept when it came to food. Really modern and adventerous dishes. Same goes for the cocktails. If you are unsure of the ingredients, as I was, talk to your server and they'll get you something you like. Wasn't a fan of the Kale Caesar Salad, and the Chips with the egg were a little over rated, however the octopus and "spam" (not actual spam, pork shoulder and pork belly) and the Rich Man Po Boy were to die for. Would def go back to try some other cocktails and things on the menu!Special Features:
- NancyVIPDined on 9/14/2014On a whim we tried it for Sunday brunch. We enjoyed the variety of food on the menu, we have the doughnuts w/bourban sauce, the grilled endive salad w/hummas and saganaki. The side order of a slab of bacon was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative new restaurant in Chicago!ClarenceDined on 9/13/2014I dined at Bottlefork with my 5 girlfriends from college (some were visiting from out of town) and we had a fabulous time! Nick, our server was top-notch. He went out of his way to explain the menu and the crazy, creative drinks on the menu. We all tried something new on the drink menu. The food was exceptional...very creative, fresh and the presentation was spot on. The atmosphere was just what we were looking for...vibrant and energetic. I cannot wait to go back to Bottlefork...what a nice addition to the Chicago restaurant scene.Special Features:
- overpriced food that isnt that goodmmmgoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014I wanted to like this place, but the food wasnt that good and was way overpriced.
- Great drinks and food!!PerkyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love the Little Miss Dynamite cocktail - my only complaint would be to fill UP the glass! The lamb ribs are very tasty. The tuna crudo is great. The best part of our meal was the chips with egg!! The berry crumble was very good. We also had some potatoes that were kind like tater tots - also very good! Overall, we'll come back because the menu and the service are great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Always love BottleFork. They have great lunch specials, that always please.Special Features:
- Prefer not to commentDisappointedDined on 9/5/2014Disappointing. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes to be seated at this restaurant until we decided to leave and take our business elsewhere. Can't believe we even waited that long!Special Features:
- Cool but pricyDskoochVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went here for lunch. Not inexpensive at all. Everything is a la carte and the prices are way too expensive! Food was good but not sure I'd return.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRicardoVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food and service was excellent. There were 4 of us and we all ordered one dish which worked out great for sharing since we were eating light. The half price wine on Tuesday's was also a plus since the usually more than half our bill. The noise level was perfect, energetic but we could still talk with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rileysroostrileysroostVIPDined on 9/2/2014On the wish list and finally checked it out for lunch. We were not disappointed, great location and decor, and the service and food were all exceptional. Very creative and interesting menu that delivers a great presentation and quality food. It's a definite next stop for dinner and an awesome place to just grab cocktails.Special Features:
- Fix the service!Crystal0419VIPDined on 8/31/2014Went for brunch after hearing great things. Overall food was great but the service was very lack luster. Not sure if our server was overwhelmed or just had poor time management. Definitely took away from the entire experience.Special Features:
- Good to very goodTrnrmomVIPDined on 8/31/2014Homemade hash with eggs and oven baked French toast. Donut holes that have been raved about were only ok - came out slightly dry and not warm...the old fashioned cherry jam is what saved it for us. The orange marmalade on the French toast made a good diisg spectacular. Don't think about the calories....just enjoy it.Special Features:
- Good drinks pretty good foodChiPhxCmhDined on 8/30/2014I don't really remember the food being something to write home about and that's saying something since it was only a couple days ago. The drinks were interesting and good although the sole reason for visiting was because of the brandy and cigars drink. It was good but I've been looking for something to match a drink I had at the blue hound in Phoenix called the 'Lawless'. Same idea but the Lawless was implemented betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than outstandinganniegDined on 8/30/2014From start to finish- our experience at BottleFork was top notch. The service (Eddie was perfect), the food (memorable), the music, the atmosphere, the cocktails (inventive)-- we couldn't have had a more perfect evening. Everyone in our party loved everything. Can't wait to go back-Special Features:
- Fantastic Food and ServiceAMAZINGDined on 8/29/2014Our waiter, Eddie, was OUTSTANDING! He gave us great recommendations (he knew the menu well!), was energetic and really engaged our entire group in picking out our shared dishes. The food was amazing! The "must tries"....Crisps and Eggs and Rich Man Po' Boy. Great selection of cocktails and beers! The vibe in this restaurant is upbeat and the location is great if you are looking to go out after dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeToppCKreteDined on 8/29/2014Read about this place in a time magazine and decided to make it a meeting point for all family when we arrived in Chicago. Great atmosphere, food was very shareable and memorable; we all had a great time and added this to our list of places to come visit again! Next time we will save more room for dessert...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slaughterhouse....OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/24/2014...is the best Bloody Mary I have had in ages. Delicious drink topped with charcuterie on a stick. Good also delicious and filling. Wonderful and friendly service albeit a little slow at first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingDeliciousDined on 8/22/2014There is nothing you can eat or drink on that menu that won't knock your socks off. Loved the chips in a bag, the pork belly, the roasted kale salad, and the gnocchi. Had a cocktail that had tarragon and orange in it that was unbelievable.Special Features:
- Very goodKMPADined on 8/20/2014Cocktails were outstanding; food was very good; overall very good; only drawback the portions are very small for the price point. Appetizers barely enough for two; the $25 lobster roll was delicious, but tiny. Recommended in any case but just be aware if you're really hungry...Special Features:
- Out of foodGreen312Dined on 8/16/2014At 9pm on a Saturday, they we sold out of FOUR of the entrees. I can understand one or two, but four is unacceptable. Among the sold out items were the entrees I had wanted to try when I made a reservation 2 weeks earlier, so after all the anticipation, Bottlefork could not provide the experience I had hoped for.Special Features:
- Hot & SexxysexxyVIPDined on 8/16/2014New adventuresome menu lots of new tastes easy to get in and out and still delicious & speicalSpecial Features:
- Our reservations were not honoredDebraDined on 8/12/2014We made reservations for 3 at 7:30. Two of us were able to wait at the bar. We waited until 8 pm without a table. The remaining guest requested the host to give him the soon to be open bar seat next to us. She gave it to another couple. We were so disappointed.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 8/12/2014We an an enjoyable dinner with drinks but they need to work on their exhaust system. The food smells stayed with us too long.
- Best Brunch EverDillonKDined on 8/10/2014My girlfriend and I went to Bottlefork for lunch last Sunday. Where do I begin? The food is unique and delicious. From the braised beef cheek to bourbon donut holes, each dish is as tasty as it is interesting. Everything that we had on the brunch menu was incredible but the real fun was on the other side of the menu. The cocktail assortment is amazing and has some of the coolest drinks I have ever seen. I would suggest the "Brandy and Cigars" or the famous "Bill Brasky". Although they might be intimidating on paper, these are honestly two of the smoothest most delicious cocktails I have ever had. I will definitely be going back very soon and very often. The service is absolutely amazing and I can't stress enough how great my experience was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, but Heavy and PriceyLaurLarDined on 8/9/2014Overall, had a great time. Went for dinner on a Saturday night. Drinks were delicious (Little Miss Dynamite), as was the food. However, everything on the menu is pretty rich, not a light meal. All of it is great though. Portions are pretty small too for how expensive they are (i.e. Rich Man's Po' Boy was great, but it was a petite sandwich for $25.). Bill was around $130 including tip for two people, which is fine, but I would expect to be more full when leaving.Special Features:
- Pleasantly SurprisedbooneDined on 8/9/2014I had mixed feelings about going here. The reviews on Open Table were very favorable for the most part, but the Yelp reviews were truly a mixed bag. I'm very glad I took the chance. The meal and drinks were fantastic. Loved the atmosphere, and I could not have asked for better service. I definitely will be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Low Key Hot Spot2timeoffenderDined on 8/8/2014Loved the ambience and the fact that it was a casual but contemporary restaurant. There was every age range and every style of dress, which made it relaxing. The food was great and so was my drink recommendation from the waitress after I told her what I was looking for in taste. The music was a good mix of different genres and I really appreciated that. The noise level was definitely up there from the clientele, which was a bit loud but it was still an overall great experience and I have already recommended Bottlefork to friends.Special Features:
- Service IssuesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014Unfriendly and unprofessional serving staff. After being seated someone came over to wipe our table (not sure why we were seated before is clean and set). This person did not great us, but left us waters. A few minutes later he re-appeared and asked us what we would like to order; no greeting, no review of specials, no recommendations. After quickly taking our order the food was delivered by food runners. I don't recall our server appearing to ask us how our meals were or inquire if we wanted anything else. After our dishes were cleared he again just dropped off dessert menus with no explanation. Despite the hostesses and the bar tenders being friendly, the server left us feeling confused and unwelcome.
- pleasant surprizeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/8/2014Better than advertised, some unique treatments, excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Resturant Right NowOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014BottleFork gives a consistently excellent meal experience. Always fresh and interesting food choices and a great atmosphere. This restaurant believes in giving the best customer service always.Special Features:
- A Good StarthowieVIPDined on 7/31/2014We had drinks and appetizers. The popcorn sweetbreads are great. Hard to dry out a sweetbread. I'll go back for dinner. I want to try the porchettaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner in the cityKKMMDined on 7/30/2014Seated immediately. Bag of chips with an egg was delicious as well as tuna crudo. Tot appetizer was OK. Creamed kale was OK. Rich man's po'boy was too rich for me but others in the party that it was great. Lamb ribs were very good. Special dessert was just OK but pretzel caramel sundae was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- North Clark GemGaryVIPDined on 7/29/2014While in Chicago we kept trying new places. We had a reservation but when it started to rain, I looked for a closer reservation and lucked out and found Bottlefork. The palce was packed so my reservation was a find. Great wine list with an outstanding waiter who knew his stuff. We chose to do tastings with Wagyu Beef Jerky and Devil Eggs our first choices. Both were enlightening. The sweetbreads stood up and sang, the pork belly needed a little extra kick but still satisfied. We were directed toward the Lobster Roll which could have been done in Maine except for the outstanding Brioche it was on. All in all we enjoyed and will be backSpecial Features:
- Great FindJHEJRDined on 7/29/2014We had an excellent experience at Bottlefork! The wine list was excellent and at reasonable price points. The Ahi Tuna was tasty and fresh. The creamed Kale was awesome and the flavor just burst in your mouth. If risotto is on the menu, I want to try it. I tried the chicken risotto and it has made my top 3 dine out risotto list. Very, very good and prepared perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sub-Par ServiceEAT123Dined on 7/28/2014I find it off-putting when a server is more enthused about my order than I am. He simply came off as smug and over-bearing. I understand there is a sentiment of to be conveyed about the caliber of cuisine but it’s too much when I say I’d like the lamb ribs and his response is to look off into the distance and tell me it’s a “brilliant-choice”. Between my girlfriend and I there were 2 drinks, 2 entrees, and 1 appetizer ordered and every choice we made visibly moved him. Visibly. Since eating there 2 days ago I’ve surmised my experience to my friends as good food with ostentatious service.Special Features:
- Wouldn't Go BackTM82VIPDined on 7/27/2014Went for brunch. Took 15 minutes to be greeted by our server, another ten to get our drinks. Worst Bloody Mary I've ever had - watered down tomato juice. Sent them back, got charged for them AND the replacement drinks we ordered. Tots were good, asparagus w/ham hollandaise was great. Poached eggs on both of our entrees were raw - and I like my eggs runny - but they were uncooked, whites still translucent. Both entrees were very heavily salted. We picked them off as best we could, ate and got out of there. Really cool space, but definitely would not go back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014Excellent food, phenomenal service, and a very cool atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a Publican want to beCalifornianativeDined on 7/26/2014Not as good in any way compared to Publican. So many good reviews, some very misleading.
- Fun FoodddboilerDined on 7/25/2014Great location, great food, impressive crowd. The menu was a lot of fun, something for everyone, and the food was great. Especially loved the Kitchen Charcuterie Platter! Could not decide between the nightly special and went with the sweet corn risotto which was amazing. Great waitress as well! The smells coming from the kitchen were crazy good!Special Features:
- amazing food and drink menusuneelkamath13VIPDined on 7/25/2014The egg and chips in a brown bag that they shake up in front of you is a unique and delicious appetizer. Food is hearty, but still tasteful. The drink menu is extensive in cocktails, wine and beer, which is pretty special compared to most other places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.