441 North Clark Street
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bottlefork.com/
- Phone: (312) 955-1900
- Hours of Operation:
MONDAY & TUESDAY: 5pm-10pm
WEDNESDAY & THURSDAY: 5pm-11pm
FRIDAY & SATURDAY: 5pm-12am
MONDAY TO FRIDAY: 11:30am-2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Pay with OpenTable,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Hickey
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Wine
A word from Bottlefork
Bottlefork, from Rockit Ranch Productions partners Billy Dec, Brad Young and Arturo Gomez, and former Four Seasons Executive Chef Kevin Hickey, is a comfortably stylish New American bar and kitchen offering modern interpretations of both familiar and new American dishes that feature local and global ingredients. The food and beverage programs work together seamlessly at Bottlefork with an emphasis on all things seasonal.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Bottlefork - Best Restaurants in River North (Chicago) ›
Bottlefork reviews from OpenTable diners
208 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (138)hot spot (102)vibrant bar scene (73)neighborhood gem (59)great for lunch (46)good for groups (41)special occasion (32)great for brunch (32)great for outdoor dining (31)late-night find (28)romantic (27)notable wine list (26)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- adh1VIPDined on 11/25/2014Good food, nice ambiance, and friendly wait staff in conjunction with a convenient locationSpecial Features:
- Bar foodTimFVIPDined on 11/19/2014This is one of those places that you come to for the drinks and then eat because the food menu is there. Interesting dishes- not unique and not great- but good enough. They should pay as much attention to the kitchen as they do to the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, fun times!MunchingMarkVIPDined on 11/12/2014First-time visitor will be back and definately recommend. Looking at the menu in advance, I was concerned that the food was a little heavy. In reality, all the dishes were prepared very well and many are meant to share. We had a great server to help guide the newbies on must-have items from appetizers to desserts. The place is a bit noisy but adds to the fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KSandersDined on 11/12/2014I would consider Bottlefork an upscale gastropub. They have an extensive burbon list and an excellent wine list. The dishes are served up in small plates and the food is very good, a notch above what you would find in a regular pub offering. It's a bit pricy so it may be a special occasion night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best of the BestOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Bottlefork will wow you, from the excellent service to the delicious food they put on the plate. It's worth it every time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good brunch destinationLeleWVIPDined on 11/2/2014Ambience: The space is small & narrow, but the decor is well done, and the background music was conversation friendly. Service: Knowledgeable and sufficiently attentive. Food: Friend got the *excellent* steak salad. Server assured me that their fish & chips batter was good and crispy - not the soggy mess you get so many places. (My fish and chips gold standard is The Gage.) He was right on that point - but the fish comes with a remoulade that I didn't particularly love, and which also made the batter less than crispy. Drinks: We both ordered one of their autumn drink specials. I loved it, but it was too strong for my friend - so I drank hers too. She compromised with a mimosa. Plan to return for lunch/dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014We arrived early for a 9:00 reservation but weren't seated until almost 10. After that service and food were very good. Waitress was friendly and knowlegableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodlindsrhVIPDined on 10/30/2014Great food, big portions..... I'd definitely go again. The waiter was a bit over the top though....Special Features:
- Cozy and Lively!EllieMaeDined on 10/25/2014Bottlefork was a fantastic experience. The one thing I wish were different about this space is is they were to have a larger bar, but the restaurant itself is very small, so I understand the space restrictions. I arrived on time for my reservation and waited just long enough to have a delicious cocktail at the bar. The staff was very friendly and accommodating in terms of explaining the menu and what to order and Jason (the GM) even came over several times to visit the table and make his suggestions. He even customized my own cocktail for me! It's a cozy place, the food is outstanding and the staff seems very passionate about the menu. I would recommend for any occasion!Special Features:
- BottleforkOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/24/2014Bottlefork was excellent. Food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. Cant wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Focus seems to be the cocktailsmisszeeDined on 10/23/2014Friend and I met for dinner, moved from table to bar because hostess indicated the table would be needed back in an hour + half. Blessing in disguise because the tables are SO close together! We had poutine (excellent) and pulled pork pizza (too sweet). Bartender was very nice, but overall it seemed that comfort, food and service took a back seat to the long list of cocktails being produced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of a kindSchatzyDined on 10/18/2014Everything was great from the food to the service. Our server (Bill?) was very knowledgeable and helpful. He also gave us a great suggestion for a blues bar on the other side of town. The pork belly was incredible and the grilled kale salad was very unique. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking to venture into new culinary territory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SeatingVIPDined on 10/14/2014The seating is too close together so you can hear the conversation of the table next to you. It is difficult to get through the aisles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Billy Dec hitMattyJerVIPDined on 10/11/2014Great food and service, our waiter Eddie Cruz was fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friendly, But Execution Needs WorkDavidMDined on 10/11/2014We had a friendly and polite server, but either he, or the kitchen, forgot several requests, so we had to ask for things more than once. My Mediterranean salad has chunks of lettuce which had been browned under a broiler, something I wasn't expecting. It was OK, but I didn't love it. The atmosphere was a fine, and the server had the music lowered when we requested it. I liked our booth which was good for a party of 5.
- Awesome!KateMDined on 10/10/2014We sat at the bar and watched the chefs at work - it was great! Chef Eric explained all the dishes that were coming out and made great recommendations. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Enjoy Paying without WaitHuntingtonDined on 10/8/2014The server was very knowledgeable about items we should try as new diners to restaurant. We tried OpenTable Payments -great easy experience. Highly recommend - hot spot.Special Features:
- Great Spot for Food and DrinksSouthSubReviewerDined on 10/8/2014Really fun spot to eat and drink. Tried the potato chips with egg and the Mediterranean salad. Both were delicious. And of course a lot of fun, imaginative drinks. Not a place for a multi-course dinner, but for some yummy food and drinks - it is just right. They also have Bedlam from Ale Asylum in Madison, WI which is a great beer and one you never see on menus in Chicago. Give it a try!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/8/2014Just thought it was okay, not bad, but everything was bland tasting. With all the hype I was expecting it to be amazing and it just wasn't. Rockits food is 10x better. May go back for a drink but that's about it.
- Fun at BottleforkCityGirlVIPDined on 10/6/2014The waiters were very helpful and courteous. Food and drinks were excellent. This was our second visit, and we enjoyed ourselves both times.Special Features:
- Chips to CheesecakeHard2WantVIPDined on 10/4/2014We started with the Chips + egg (and trust us that it tastes 1,000% better on your tongue than it reads on the menu) and finished the night with the best cheesecake we've ever had. In between we enjoyed two salads, the burger and the octopus + spam. The chips and the cheesecake were by far the best with the other items enjoyable but not memorable. Looking forward to trying Bottlefork, and it was worth it, but with so many other great Chicago options I assume we'd only be back if the rest of a group was going.Special Features:
- Great food!SarahDined on 10/1/2014Had a great meal with 2 friends on a Wednesday night. It was pretty full, so I'm glad we had a reservation. We told our waiter that we were splitting everything and our food was cut into thirds for us (the po boy and burger). Such a nice touch. The food was great. For 3 women, 4 items plus dessert was a perfect amount of food. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Loved ItjcookermanDined on 10/1/2014Cool place...great food and beverage menu...crisp slab bacon and rich white cheddar on a polenta roll was fantastic. Service very attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Rich man po boysofiadujourVIPDined on 9/27/2014Not very impressed with the brunch menu, most of the items are overpriced and quite simple. The Rich man po boy however is like a fish out of water on this menu. Not sure how something so creative was placed among otherwise less than thrilling choices. Foie gras and lightly fried oysters are a phenomenal lobster roll pairing so I absolutely recommend going there just for that. Oh, and a side of bacon...a very generous maple-glazed side. Also loved the bloody mary, Bottlefork has one of the most uniquely flavored mixes I've tasted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lg5642Dined on 9/24/2014The kitchen lost our appetizer order, brought out our food after 45 minutes, and finally brought a salad after we told both our waitress and a server that we hadn't gotten it. The kale salad tasted metallic-y and was almost inedible. Overpriced, bad service, not worth the money. There are too many good restaurants in Chicago to go back.
- Get Here for Great Food & AmbianceCincyEaterVIPDined on 9/24/2014I'm a really big fan of this place, having stopped in for dinner and then came back the very next night to introduce more friends to it! Appropriately-sized menu with something for everyone. Food prep, presentation and flavors are solid. Safe enough to encourage conservative eaters to try something new - read: square tator tots with pimento cheese and roasted chicken - but definitely options for the food-venturous, like grilled octopus with homemade spam. The desserts are amazing, so save space for homemade ice cream sundaes or the daily 'ooey gooey,' which is an amazingly-underbaked dessert (think hot bread pudding or melty cheesecake). Cheers, Bottlefork - you done good.Special Features:
- delicious tapas style!foodieDined on 9/22/2014food was well prepared and interesting. the beef checks were tender and yummy, dont miss the popcorn sweetbreads! looking for a good place for well prepared drinks ascwell as delicious food, this is the place.Special Features:
- ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Cocktails were awesome! Service was spot on. Courtney was the perfect amount of professional and personable! Ambiance was dark and quiet enough for a conversation. Some food great some just OK.Special Features:
- WOWed my clientOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/22/2014Eddie, our server was amazing. I called earlier that day to confirm the reservation and Eddie answered the phone. I requested a chef's table as I was bringing a very special client to dinner and it was her first Chicago trip! Eddie utilized my client and I's first name was even brought by a couple of items to try. Very lucky to have had Eddie as our server.Special Features:
- The new place to be in the city!!ChefGK11Dined on 9/18/2014Last thursday I came for lunch with a friend and it was her birthday ... We both had an amazing time. Food was outrageously superb .... Great beer selection and overall amazing time. Ray our server was on point & I hope I tipped him enough. Thank you so much for a great lunch! I'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Like It, Really Want to Love It!TheDowntownFoodieVIPDined on 9/16/2014We visited a few times and our experiences have ranged from awesome to not so great. The awesome: creative, unique & tasty food options, diverse cocktail, wine and beer selection, rewards program, free postage when mailing Bottlefork postcards, they really try hard and work hard to correct issues. The not so good: desired menu items sold out on our last few visits, inconsistent service (bottle wine service takes a long time to arrive and white wine was not fully chilled, appetizers arrive together and sometimes separately, and at one visit arrived at entrée – we opted to take it home and it was missing an item. While the awesome out weighs the not so great, we like it. However the inconsistency may motivate us to go elsewhere.Special Features:
- DifferentLizz1212VIPDined on 9/16/2014Interesting concept when it came to food. Really modern and adventerous dishes. Same goes for the cocktails. If you are unsure of the ingredients, as I was, talk to your server and they'll get you something you like. Wasn't a fan of the Kale Caesar Salad, and the Chips with the egg were a little over rated, however the octopus and "spam" (not actual spam, pork shoulder and pork belly) and the Rich Man Po Boy were to die for. Would def go back to try some other cocktails and things on the menu!Special Features:
- NancyVIPDined on 9/14/2014On a whim we tried it for Sunday brunch. We enjoyed the variety of food on the menu, we have the doughnuts w/bourban sauce, the grilled endive salad w/hummas and saganaki. The side order of a slab of bacon was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative new restaurant in Chicago!ClarenceVIPDined on 9/13/2014I dined at Bottlefork with my 5 girlfriends from college (some were visiting from out of town) and we had a fabulous time! Nick, our server was top-notch. He went out of his way to explain the menu and the crazy, creative drinks on the menu. We all tried something new on the drink menu. The food was exceptional...very creative, fresh and the presentation was spot on. The atmosphere was just what we were looking for...vibrant and energetic. I cannot wait to go back to Bottlefork...what a nice addition to the Chicago restaurant scene.Special Features:
- overpriced food that isnt that goodmmmgoodVIPDined on 9/12/2014I wanted to like this place, but the food wasnt that good and was way overpriced.
- Great drinks and food!!PerkyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love the Little Miss Dynamite cocktail - my only complaint would be to fill UP the glass! The lamb ribs are very tasty. The tuna crudo is great. The best part of our meal was the chips with egg!! The berry crumble was very good. We also had some potatoes that were kind like tater tots - also very good! Overall, we'll come back because the menu and the service are great!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Always love BottleFork. They have great lunch specials, that always please.Special Features:
- Prefer not to commentDisappointedDined on 9/5/2014Disappointing. We waited an hour and fifteen minutes to be seated at this restaurant until we decided to leave and take our business elsewhere. Can't believe we even waited that long!Special Features:
- Cool but pricyDskoochVIPDined on 9/5/2014Went here for lunch. Not inexpensive at all. Everything is a la carte and the prices are way too expensive! Food was good but not sure I'd return.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceRicardoVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food and service was excellent. There were 4 of us and we all ordered one dish which worked out great for sharing since we were eating light. The half price wine on Tuesday's was also a plus since the usually more than half our bill. The noise level was perfect, energetic but we could still talk with each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.