Bottle Inn Riviera
1700 S. Catalina Avenue #101
Redondo Beach, CA 90277Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bottle Inn Riviera
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Phone: 3105436800
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: European, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Bottle Inn Riviera
Traditional Italian cuisine...we have been catering to the needs of our regular patrons, guests and tourists for the past 37 years! Our restaurant is known for many reasons, the most famous of which are "Romantic," "Cozy Ambiance," "European Appeal," and, of course, our "Consistently outstanding, classical Italian cuisine."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Bottle Inn Riviera - Best Restaurants in Redondo Beach ›
Bottle Inn Riviera reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (49)neighborhood gem (46)notable wine list (27)fit for foodies (25)special occasion (21)romantic (13)good for groups (9)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)hot spot (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Great spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014Happy to have a new hot spot in Riviera Village. Love the energetic vibe here and enjoy their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and WineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/13/2014Every dish is delicious. The new Riviera location is super fun.Special Features:
- Small little place with great foodAaronDined on 9/10/2014Great Italian food in the South Bay area. I would recommend!Special Features:
- Date night love!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I travel nonstop, so date nights are a rarity and highly cherished. We had a wonderful evening dining al fresco and we will definitely be back. The food was delicious and served hot, the wine list was incredible and well-priced, and we loved the ambiance: cozy, inviting, and perfectly lit. Outside noise was minimal, very pleasant and relaxing. The bar looks like fun although we didn't venture to it. Looking forward to sharing our new find with our friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!luvredondoDined on 8/23/2014Having had a really good experience here several months ago, I made reservations for myself and a visiting friend. We had a nice table inside by a window. The ambience was great and the music was just right so that we could talk. The waitress was great - the wine she recommended was excellent. The appetizer crab cakes were outstanding, as well as the abalone entre. Overall it was a delightful evening and I heartily recommend this little gem here in Redondo Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was great, I took my sister for her Birthday and all of our meals were delicious! the restaurant is noisy and it can be difficult to hear your friends across the table from you, but the service was good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMychaelaDined on 8/21/2014The service and food were outstanding! The water glasses were quite clever, it appears they may have been wine bottles sawed off?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AdditionLizbethDined on 8/16/2014This was our second time dining here and it was just as good as the first time! The entrance looked very busy, yet we were seated outside promptly. The chicken dish my husband had was delicious, as was the Italian Wedding soup and warm bread. We'll be back - enjoyed the outdoor seating...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 30th wedding anniversary dinnerTCsCulinaryCommentsDined on 8/11/2014We always enjoyed the original Hermosa location. Glad we tried their Riviera Village location. My 1st ever veal piccata was at the Bottle Inn many years ago. It remains a favorite dish and was excellent. My bride had the mahi mahi special; it was a treat. We arrived while happy hour was still going. Enjoyed appetizers and some wine. We brought a special bottle of our own; the corkage fee was acceptable.Special Features:
- A big plus for the Riviera!LuckydinersDined on 8/5/2014Great ambiance, REALLY great food. Interesting menu items. Comfortable and fun spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodfoodlover41Dined on 8/2/2014Having been to The Bottle Inn, Hermosa Beach we decided to give the Riveria location a try. We enjoyed the new location. Food, service and ambience all good. Less formal than the Hermosa Beach location and fits well into the restaurant scene in Riveria Village. The indoor space was small and can be noisy but the patio is a great space.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just yummy!CaliCoveDined on 8/2/2014Its quaint, small, well-located, vibrant menu, noteable wine list, linen napkins, reservation suggested, wonderful new neighborhood addition! Its a place my husband and I go to for our own special date nights! Worth the money and always absolutely delicious! So happy we found it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian FoodMaximizerDined on 8/1/2014Finally, A Great Italian restaurant in the Riviera!Special Features:
- Bottle in RiverianeededgfDined on 7/25/2014Have always enjoyed the Bottle In Hermosa & am glad to have one in the Riveria. The food was very good, bar is also good. The noise level was almost unbearable. I had to nearly yell across one small table to be heard. It also took 45 min to get our entree. Despite these annoyances, I would go back. I may try sitting outside though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CosamanDined on 7/19/2014I have been to the original Bottle Inn for over 25 years and love it. This is lacking the same warmth level of service. Food was good but without the other elements of the original not the same value. Definitely fits a more casual and "beach" crowd if that appeals to someone.Special Features:
- Delicious!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014We enjoyed dinner at the Bottle Inn. Always a treat!Special Features:
- DRCBL1Dined on 7/6/2014Very lovely and friendly server. Casual but nice setting. The food was excellent!Special Features:
- A great spot in the villagesbergonziDined on 7/2/20143 friends and I went for dinner, our friends first time as we have been before. It's a great location (though at sunset the blinds don't shield enough of the direct sunlight). Service is very friendly and wine knowledgeable. The portions are overflowing, each diner enjoyed their meals. To note, the shrimp dish my wife ordered was a bit dry and calamari tasted over done/spongy and luke warm. The stuffed shells, ravioli, and polenta appetizer were all very good.Special Features:
- Magnificant FoodJimstakeDined on 6/28/2014With a party of four, we had two appetizer 4, dishes and desert. All items were exceptionally prepared and you could taste the freshness troughout. Started with Carcioffi Fritti and Mozzerella in Carrozza Antipasti both fabulous. Main dishes were Ravioli di Pollo e Tre Formaggi, Gnocchi Al Pesto, Lasagna di Polenta and Conchiglioni. We tried each others and we all agreed it was the fresh sauces that stood out. Kudo's are in order for the sauce guy. Can't say enough. It would have received a 5 rating except we did not receive our bread for a long time (but it wsa really good) and a bit pricey. But in reality the price was worth it. Highly recommend, and we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new find in the South BayKnowWhatILikeDined on 6/27/2014The food here is just excellent. Every part of our meals was very well prepared. The risotto was tasty and firm (not gluey. As the often are). The Scalone (a signature dish) was crisp and piquant. Tiger shrimp tender and well sauced. Roasted potatoes were terrific. The South Bay needs more restaurants like this where the focus us the food rather than the scene. Could be a little quieter, but I have seen much worse. Overall a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Great for a casual dinnerSouthbaygirlDined on 6/27/2014Our party of four was promptly seated and drinks were ordered quickly. My seafood dinner was delicious as were the other meals served at our table. Nice casual atmosphere and delicious food. Good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing Like the old one.....KarinaVIPDined on 6/27/2014http://solittlethyme.blogspot.com/2014/06/bottle-inn-in-redondo-beach.html
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014That was my 4th visit and as usual, it was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eh? What did you say?KattDined on 6/22/2014Excellent food and service. Decent, but not great, by-the-glass wine selection. But, as was the case when I first ate at this Bottle Inn shortly after it opened, it is still too noisy. Fortunately there were not as many diners inside, as it was nice enough for some to be outdoors, but the noise level still negatively affects the ambiance. There are relatively simple things that can be done to bring down the noise level. The most disappointing thing is that we mentioned it to the manager back in April, and he acknowledged the excessively high noise and said they were working on it, but two months later it is still the same. Not cozy, or conducive to conversation, but on the bright side, the discussion two tables away was fascinating!Special Features:
- Great FoodGreatItalianfoodDined on 6/18/2014Food is terrific service is very good and ambiance is good. It will become my local kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "OK"KLRLADined on 6/14/2014We were sat 30 minutes after our reservation right next to an over crowded bar, I could have placed my wine glass on the various rear ends that, literally, were hovering over our table. 1 hour and 5 minutes after we were sat the artichoke appetizer came out, it was mediocre at best - not crispy, center tasted like it was right out of the can. Pesto gnocchi dinner - the gnocchi were barely showing above the heavy cream based soup, I mean sauce. It was rather tasty, though. Restaurant made cheesecake - it was good, the thick crust tasted a bit stale or like a butter alternative (vegetable oil?) was used as it was not very flavorful. Overall - OK in a pinch, if you have the spare time to wait, but not a destination.
- Nice evening in the nieghborhood.apurunaDined on 6/9/2014Tried the Bottle Inn Riviera for the first time. It was a quiet Monday evening and my wife and I walked from our home. We sat in a nice table in back by the wine storage shelves. The food and service was excellent and the wine list is better than most. We will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Sat. dinnerMyrtleDined on 6/8/2014Having missed lunch during our drive into town to visit friends the 4:15 pm reservation was perfect. Good selection of wines by the glass and draft beers. Seated immediately - our mains were pasta special for 2 of us (Mahi, Salmon & Shrimp with delicious vodka sauce), Veal Picatta and salad with salmon added. Server was pleasant, though there were a couple of delays in food arrival as she forgot one salad before the main until reminded and the added salad salmon was not cooked as requested. Small things that were corrected. Salads were neutral in flavor - maybe they are made ahead & kept cold, losing flavor? We had an enjoyable meal and would return if in the area.Special Features:
- decent for Redondo Beachask1Dined on 6/5/2014If you want good food go to Bottle Inn. This is not about upscale dining, just decent food. Carpaccio beef and fish fresh and tasty. Chicken Parmigiana was 7/10 but better then most in the area. Artichoke fritters app was enjoyed by the table. Scampi was a large portion, but the sauce was a bit heavy. Anyone under 25 will like the garlic bread! This will only get better with time, for now its worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite a findKnowWhatILikeDined on 6/1/2014Truly excellent food served hot and all at the same time. Not too noisy on the patio. Reasonably priced considering the quality.knowSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still an enigmapersistantDined on 5/30/2014I want to like this place, I really do. The first time we went, we were treated to the worst service I have ever experienced without any recognition of fault on their part. Went back a few nights ago because I think they just had some opening jitters the first time and the food was quite good. Sure enough, the service was flawless, but the food was the problem. The salad was wilted and soggy to the point where some of the lettuce was translucent and draped around the tines of my fork. The fish was cooked right, but very bland. The mash potatoes where the only thing I enjoyed. If this place survives the next six months, I’ll give it a third try.Special Features:
- SusieQDined on 5/30/2014This is our 2nd dinner at this restaurant and again, the food and service were GREAT!!! We are recommending it to all our friends!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too Much SaltHNGGDined on 5/29/2014All four dishes and appertizers had far too much salt, whether Pasta, Osso Bucco or Chicken Picatta. Considering this is a spinoff from a well established restaurant overall the experience was very disappointing.
- MaryVIPDined on 5/26/2014Overall, I enjoyed my dining experience here. It was however, cold inside due to the fact that they have the door wide open and the rear door wide open and it is a pretty small space. Bread was decent but kind of dry but my pasta was very good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/25/2014Our first visit to the Redondo Beach location. The food was great. Large portions of pasta for both of us, so we'll enjoy the leftovers.Special Features:
- Not Fine DinningTaraDined on 5/24/2014If you want a loud place for dinner where you have to shout at your partner, then this is the place for you. I was looking for a fine dining place where the ambiance was quiet and relaxing that served great food -- well this is not the place. The food was great, but I couldn't enjoy it since I was constantly yelling, asking my companion to repeat himself, and protecting my ears -- and yes, they actually did hurt from all of the noise! The owner dropped by and said they were in the process of trying to fix the noise problem. This place is off my list until I have confirmation that this issue is fixed -- which is really too bad -- because the food is good. Go the Hermosa branch and leave RB to the barbarians.
- Hoping for more!RileyDined on 5/24/2014We keep going back because it is a great location and we love the Hermosa Beach, Bottle Inn. The waitress wasn't very good and she was training a new waitor who was not good. Gave food to wrong people. Didn't bring pasta to go worth two meals, then just brought one pasta for the two to share. Pretty disappointed in the service.Special Features:
- The following 22 reviews are from the Bottle Inn Riviera reviews archive.
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/23/2014I loved the Bottle Inn in Hermosa Beach and am so glad they opened one within walking distance to me! Our meal was delicious and the Patio dining was very nice. Will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 5/22/2014The Bottle Inn Riviera is far too small inside and the noise level so loud that we could not always hear our server let alone talk to each other. Maybe outside on the patio might be OK. The food was good but too pricey for a place with no view and not much space.
- mediocredebBDined on 5/20/2014The hostess did not have our reservation, she told me "the open table thing doesn't work here", lucky for us there was a table. The waitress was sweet, but just couldn't get the order coordinated. Most of all, they do not serve the Coffee Americana, my favorite from Hermosa. With so many other choices out there, I don't think I'll be back.