Bottle Inn Hermosa
26 22nd St
Hermosa Beach, CA 90254Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Bottle Inn Hermosa
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thebottleinn.com/
- Phone: 3103769595
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast & Lunch
Monday - Friday: 10:30am - 2:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am - 2:30pm
Sunday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 8:30pm; Friday & Saturday: 6:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Unspecified
- Executive Chef: Chef Maglio
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can prepare prix fixe specialty dinners for any occasion. We do not have any delivery service and food must be picked up.
- Private Party Facilities: Our largest room seats 25 guests in a u-shaped table and we can fit up to 36 in the same room with staggered table groupings. We also have our wine cellar that seats up to 12 guests (keeping in mind it is a cold working wine cellar) and a semi private front room that seats up to 14 guests. When closed during the day on Saturdays the entire restaurant is available until 4pm..
- Private Party Contact: Silvio Petoletti 3103769595
A word from Bottle Inn Hermosa
The Bottle Inn is nestled in the residential seaside community of Hermosa Beach, just south of LAX Airport. We have been catering to our regular patrons, guests, tourists and celebrities for over 39 years. Our restaurant is known for it's romantic, cozy ambiance and its consistently outstanding classical Italian Cuisine. In addition to our ocean-view patio and cozy dining room our intimate wine cellar is available for parties of 2 up to 12 guests. Our menu features a variety of authentic Italian pasta dishes, fresh seafood, tender choice fillet Mignon and a wide selection of appetizers. Top off your meal with one of our deliciously prepared homemade desserts. We are conveniently open for Lunch and Brunch Monday through Friday 10:30 to 2:00 and Sundays for Breakfast and Brunch and Lunch from 10:30 to 2:30. We are also open for Dinners 7 nights starting from 6pm on. We also offer facilities for banquets of any size, limited to certain days and evenings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Bottle Inn Hermosa - Best Restaurants in Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach ›
Bottle Inn Hermosa reviews from OpenTable diners
72 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (51)notable wine list (34)romantic (32)special occasion (29)great for outdoor dining (28)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (20)scenic view (13)kid-friendly (8)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)hot spot (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014Friendly staff who have worked there for many years-always a good sign of a great restaurant and good management.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Great Bottle InnFoodaholicDined on 10/19/2014We love the Bottle Inn. We go there regularly and have always found the food extremely tasty and the portions very generous. It's also one of the few restaurants we go to in the South Bay (of Los Angeles) where we don't feel that we've been overcharged. The service is fantastic and the staff are so sweet, friendly and attentive. During quieter times of the year, such as the fall, they offer a three course prix fixe dinner a few nights of the week, usually Sunday and Monday nights. This dinner is so inexpensive it's almost given away.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014Excellent quality, service is top notch & prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stewielDined on 10/11/2014Continues to be excellent. Absolutely the best lasagna in town. Everything is fantastic, with huge portions. Be smart and split.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Food was excellant, indoor decor was a bit dated, could use some updating.Special Features:
- Great Food, Wine, Service!SoCalLarryDined on 10/3/2014You can't go wrong at the Bottle Inn. The food is always great, the wine list is huge and has fantastic choices, and the restaurant team is professional, fun and has a passion for what they do. Marylou rocks, so good and so funny! We had dinner there this past week and enjoyed their outdoor patio and she was our server. So witty and fun, and also very, very good at her job.....and actually cares about you have a good meal and a good experience. Love this place and highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Old Stand-by never fails to deliverItalianfoodieDined on 9/24/2014The Bottle Inn is located near the coast. Unfortunately for us, it's the coast located 2500 miles from us. Nonetheless, whenever we are in the Hermosa Beach area, a visit to the Bottle Inn is kind of like going home. We just have to do it. The service is reliable, warm and friendly, the food is reliable and delicious, and the prices reasonable. If you like traditional Italian food, this could become your South Bay west coast home. Don't hesitate to try the Eggplant Parmesan - it's worth a trip across the country.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The service is amazing! Our waitress was super friendly and animated. Felt like we had known her for years and the food so good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Gem!LivluvsavorVIPDined on 9/15/2014Wonderful food, atmosphere and the wait staff could not have been any friendlier! Feels like a neighborhood restaurant should feel!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicousMrsCDined on 9/14/2014Nice local Italian in excellent location. Generous portions and wide range of items available on the menu.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/4/2014Asked for a quiet table and was seated in the wine cellar - awesome! Excellent food and impeccable service. We will definitely return next time we're in Hermosa Beach.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/4/2014Great food (I mean, REALLY great food), nice atmosphere and ok service. The waitress forgot our salads and forgot that we had told her we would be having the chocolate soufflé (they take about 25 minutes to prepare...but SO worth it!), but she ultimately made up for it. Pretty good wine list too. This really is a must-try in Hermosa; I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Always greatDrDJCDined on 8/29/2014The Bottle Inn never fails to satisfy. The food is great the service is wonderful and the ambience is excellentSpecial Features:
- Always charmingGymDynaDined on 8/29/2014I usually go for lunch here, but the evening meal was elegant and delicious. I will be back!Special Features:
- Great family night outMereVIPDined on 8/26/2014Bottle inn is a cute traditional italian restaurant. Our waiter was very friendly and fun. Food came out quickly bad and quite good. Definitely good for families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Always a good food and a good time at the Bottle Inn~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific restaurant.Luv2dine32VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food is always excellent. The ambiance is nice, especially in the wine room.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old faithfulJaseyDined on 8/21/2014Love the food and the servers...helen and rudy are the best!!! Eggplant is delish.Special Features:
- flies for dinnerpapagaioDined on 8/21/2014Sorry to say but we thought that maybe we would be able to enjoy a nice dinner there.. We waited inside for too long to be acknowledged of our presence.. We wanted to sit outside.. so we did.. The waiter took a while to come to the talbe.. we had a young child.. and usually in a more professional atmosphere, the restaurant should be more attentive..and kid friendly. The flies were so awful we could not stand it.. ordered some drinks and when the bread came which seemed a bit old . the flies came faster. We sadly had to leave, and as we were waiting for the check we noticed the dumpster was open... when we mentioned it to the waiter he was sort of in awe..???? go figure a dumpster so close to the tables..
- delightful as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/14/2014I've been to the BI many times, but this time I brought my vegan/no oil/no butter/no dairy/no anything that tastes good friends. The waiter was immediately accommodating and brought them a fabulous meal. I ordered one thing but the waiter talked me out of it and I LOVED what he brought me (rigatoni with a creamy sun-dried tomato sauce and chicken - YUM!) Did the wine tasting on Thursday at 6 which was fun too. Oddly even though I checked in with the hostess upon arrival at 6 for our reservations, when I went back in after wine tasting they were perturbed that I had missed my reservation (evidently they tried to call me but I didn't hear it). No problem in the end just odd that they forgot I checked in.
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/10/2014We live in Long Beach and our friends live in Los Angeles. We are always looking for a place in between. We found Bottle Inn in Zagat. The food was great and so was the service. It is a great neighborhood find. It has a interesting decor and a great vibe. We would certainly recommend it for either a romantic evening or just to go for a great mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bottle Inn always a winnerMichelleMcDDined on 8/1/2014We've come here several times a year for the past ten years. The wine list is wonderful, the service is always warm, friendly and efficient, and the food is delicious. Bummer that one couple had brought a crying baby when we were there last time, but we just sat outside to avoid the noise. As usual, the food was fabulous and our servers were lovely. The patio is peaceful, but do bring a sweater! A great meal, and a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best italianSusanDined on 7/31/2014My favorite restaurant! Must try the shrimp scampi, quattro formaggi and calamari. The service is excellent.Special Features:
- Always WonderfulLAPhotogDined on 7/31/2014This neighborhood restaurant never fails to delight. The food is excellent and the menu changes regularly. The "specials" during the week are even better values, but the cost is always reasonable.Special Features:
- An instant neighborhood faveOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 7/27/2014The food and service were very good. Excellent garlic bread that comes in the standard bread basket (that was enough to win me over). And the location can't be beat.Special Features:
- probartDined on 7/26/2014The food was very good but they seemed to be short on help. Difficult to get coffee refills and order dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'll be backmjsmith0Dined on 7/19/2014The food was very good and the service was friendly, but slow and inattentive. Both the wine and food menu were extensive with many fine choices. We ordered the Chicken Parmigiana and Melanzane "Eggplant" Al Forno. The sauce on both dishes was delicious, and my eggplant was tender and flavorful. The waitress suggested we split one salad instead of ordering two, which was a good call. Service started on the wrong foot with us waiting for over 10 minutes for a hostess to arrive at the desk. Service throughout the meal was dreadfully slow and at no point did the waitress check on us to see if we needed anything. A couple near us was brought the check before they were asked if they wanted dessert. Still, I look forward to visiting again.Special Features:
- Great little spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/13/2014The BI is a sweet little spot right near the beach with tons of character.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachside classicLisaBDined on 7/6/2014The Bottle Inn had been here as long as I can remember and it is a family favorite. Beautiful Italian food made with love.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service surlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/5/2014Food OK, not really any pasta dishes (sans meat), which seems odd. Waitress went out of her way to make us feel stupid for ordering an item which took minimal extra effort (then did it any way, begrudgingly). We were the only people in the place. Needs an update in decor, chef and especially management and wait staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014The food was excellent, and the service was outstanding. It was a great experience for our entire group. Everyone commented on how flavorful the food was, and wonderful our servers were. We loved the private area next to the wine cellar. We highly recommend this place for private intimate groups, or romantic dining for a couple!Special Features:
- Great food by the beachHappy2eatDined on 6/27/2014Excellent food. Friendly service made for a fun nightSpecial Features:
- The following 99 reviews are from the Bottle Inn Hermosa reviews archive.
- Great old spotPassinthruDined on 6/24/2014This classic Italian little place is located just off Hermosa beach and serves very well prepared food from an extensive menu and wine list; not your typical "red sauce" diner. The service was prompt, professional and friendly in an elegant sort of way. The prices of both the food and wine were very reasonable, especially considering the level of service and the location. There is a lot of nearby metered street parking, but it's a very busy area just near the beach, so that could sometimes be an issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 100% NY Italian - gives approvaldj1601Dined on 6/22/2014I am 100% Italian and hate going out for Italian food. We moved here to Manhattan Beach three years ago from NYC. In the city I could find an upscale Italian restaurant I liked. A trip to San Francisco's north end could satisfy my taste buds but here so far zip! We found the atmosphere at the Bottle Inn had that special neighborhood quality. People welcomed as old friends by our server Mary Lou was heartwarming. The artichoke appetizer was delicious, loved the lemon flavor. We both enjoyed our meals. Mine had a different twist to what I expected, but yummy. We did not try it sooner as the patio furniture did not transcend the actual ambiance.Special Features:
- Food just okMilesDined on 6/19/2014Nothing to rave about ... On last visit (30th anniversary) the waiter forgot our salads ... On this special occassion the birthday girl changed her entree order well before the salads were even brought and the manager came over not happy ... Gotta say the waitress was great ...Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014Great food, friendly and knowledgeable employees, and happy customers. It doesn't get much better!Special Features:
- VinceDined on 6/7/2014Service again was not good. We just had to wait several times. We would have ordered desert, but by the time the server came to our table I couldn't wait to hand over my credit card. It appears the servers have too many tables, so the restaurant may need to hire another server during peak hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time in HBOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014My fiancé and I were looking for a great dinner to cap our trip. Guess what, the bottle inn out did our expectations! Great food, wonderful service would recommend it to anyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFoodaholicDined on 6/1/2014We eat at the Bottle Inn very frequently and it is always fabulous. Great food. Very tasty. Big portions. Very reasonable prices. Wait staff are fantastic.Special Features:
- Good food, bad experienceYearroundresidentDined on 5/24/2014The food is good but a bit on the expensive side. I ordered the Venetian salad but the waiter brought a house salad. When I told him that wasn't what I ordered, he took out his order pad and showed me that he had written house salad. I told him that may be what he wrote but it was not what I ordered. He was obviously annoyed and did bring me the correct salad but at that point, I just wanted to leave.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.